Type keyword(s) to search

Got Questions?: We've Got Answers!

• Start Topic

No, they are the same Benjy.  Benjy is Stefano's biological son.  Shortly after Kayla and Steve were taking care of him and wanted to adopt him he was revealed to be the biological son of Stefano.  They went back and forth with him for a while, (Remember when Stefano kidnapped Carrie and Benjy when they were kids to hurt Roman, Kayla, and Steve?) and Benjy ended up going to live with his maternal grandmother.

Benjy came back for a short stint during the Colleen/Santo storyline. He was killed by Andre.  While he was in town Celeste was urging him to stay away and to go into hiding with his family so they would be safe.  Yes, Benjy does have a wife and child (daughter?) out there, whom I would love to see make an appearance.

That was Benjy as a child. He returned as an adult.  There was a huge retcon and we found out he was Stephano's son.  Yes, really.  Then he died.  I don't remember what became of his wife and child.  They are likely living in Brookville, will Don Craig and Neil Curtis.

Ellen Hawk.  Stefano had her killed when Benjy was young.

Thank you all for filling this in for me.  I remember liking Benjy, and then he got dragged into that wretched storyline.

I'd love to see a Meghan return. Mainly for her ginormous hair. 

Is Meghan still alive?  For some reason I thought she was dead.  Every once in a blue moon Renee's name will come up but we never hear about Meghan anymore.

Is Meghan still alive?  For some reason I thought she was dead.  Every once in a blue moon Renee's name will come up but we never hear about Meghan anymore.

She's dead. But, you know, Dimera dead. That doesn't stick. 

• Love 1

She's dead. But, you know, Dimera dead. That doesn't stick. 

haha, got it.  So true.  With EJ and Kristen leaving, Peter in jail, and JM semi-retired, it does seem weird that the Dimeras onscreen will only be Chad and Theo.

I do think they should have Benjy's widow show up with their child.  SORAS the child to JJ's age and make him/her part of that group. Bonus points if pair them up with JJ.  Bring Kayla into the story as a "grandma". I think I'm also ready for Ciara, Joe, and Theo to be SORAS'd for next summer.

• Love 2

haha, got it.  So true.  With EJ and Kristen leaving, Peter in jail, and JM semi-retired, it does seem weird that the Dimeras onscreen will only be Chad and Theo.

I do think they should have Benjy's widow show up with their child.  SORAS the child to JJ's age and make him/her part of that group. Bonus points if pair them up with JJ.  Bring Kayla into the story as a "grandma". I think I'm also ready for Ciara, Joe, and Theo to be SORAS'd for next summer.oH

Oh that's a good idea - they should definitely bring back Benjy's widow & child & it would be nice to actually see Joey instead of hearing Kayla mention him every once in w while.

As for Megan - didn't she drown in the hot tub - killed by Larry Welch?    And didn't they think either Bo or Hope did it & then found out it was Larry?

• Love 1

Lol, I was just thinking about Pocket earlier this week.  I know Jay Kenneth Johnson and Farrah Faith were both leaving but it really made no sense for Phillip to relent and give up Pocket.  I would of rather had him leave town with him.  Also there is no way in hell Kate and Victor would of let the baby be raised by someone else.

• Love 1

Huh.  OK, thanks. 

It just makes me wonder all over again why there aren't more Kiriakis family members on this show.

I know!  If I had an Uncle Victor you couldn't keep me away.  But then again, he does have Maggie and Adrienne as gatekeepers......

• Love 3

Yeah, he accompanied her to Northern California so she could take part in an experimental drug that was in the testing phase.  I believe she is still on the medication which keeps her dementia at bay.  Once he got back was when he felt compelled to go undercover to take down the Dimeras once and for all.

• Love 1

it would be nice to actually see Joey instead of hearing Kayla mention him every once in w while.

As for Megan - didn't she drown in the hot tub - killed by Larry Welch?    And didn't they think either Bo or Hope did it & then found out it was Larry?

I think the writers forget that Kayla ever had Joey! 

I recall too that Megan died in a jacked up hot tub. As an ex-girlfriend of Bo's I think there was suspicion on Hope or something. 

• Love 1

Megan's last name was Hathaway, when did Stefano get involved. And yes, she did die because of a blowdryer getting dropped in the tub and I believe Hope was a suspect for awhile. Don't remember what actually happened

Peter is in jail for trying to kill Jack and by extension Jennifer.  I think Peter may have even killed Daniel Scott, can't remember.  Peter along with Kristen were an all in all "good" character, until Jack came back into town and threatened his marriage to Jennifer.

I remember when Peter was on the run and Lexi was taking it pretty hard.  Celeste shared with her that when Peter was young he was such a sweet boy who adapted to living with her and Stefano seamlessly.  While Kristen was primarily in boarding school, Stefano wanted to keep Peter close to home since he was a boy.  Celeste made it her mission to run interference so that Peter wouldn't be corrupted/influenced at such a young age.  For most of Peter's life she thought she had succeeded. 

Edited by JBC344
  • Love 1

Megan's last name was Hathaway, when did Stefano get involved. And yes, she did die because of a blowdryer getting dropped in the tub and I believe Hope was a suspect for awhile. Don't remember what actually happened

From Wikipedia:

"Megan Hathaway comes to Salem in 1984 with her adopted father Maxwell Hathaway, though she is secretly the daughter of Stefano DiMera. Megan wants her old boyfriend Bo Brady back, and stops at nothing to have him. Megan convinces Bo that they had a child together that she gave up for adoption.

In 1985, Megan plots to kill Hope Brady by electrocuting her in a hot tub at Chris' health club, The Body Connection. Megan's plan backfires when she overhears Larry Welch talking to a Russian contact about the 3 prisms Larry's father had invented. When Larry finds Megan spying on him they fight, and Larry ends up killing Megan. Larry dumps her body in a hot tub, and Megan is found by Hope, who becomes the prime suspect in her murder."

Edited to add:

I vaguely remember the 3 prisms storyline. It was one of those mystery/intrigue storylines that involved multiple characters with action plots, location shoots, and romances--ya know all the things Days can't pull off anymore. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 2

Why Does Brady live with his grandfather?

I think the real reason is that his old apartment didn't have room for the giant hamster wheel he runs in when he's trying to think.  Also, his lease insisted he use his bathroom and not just put litter down on the floors.  

Why of COURSE he should bet a promotion at Titan!!

• Love 3

Is Brady working for Titan and CEOing Basic Black at the same time?

I might be wrong but I was under the impression that he was only standing in for his dad at Basic Black and now was finished with it.

Now how someone in the corporate world just waltzes in and takes over for an ailing relative is beyond me.  But then again, Brady having a job that requires being able to read is beyond my understanding too.

• Love 4

Ashley Benson (Pretty Little Liars, Spring Breakers) portrayed Abigail years ago.  That was when Chelsea and Stefanie were around.  Ashley is actually a good actress, but Abigail was a more straight laced character then.  She was Chelsea's best friend and sort of the "good" girl to Chelsea's "bad" girl.

Ironically Ashley's Abigail had a interest in EJ back then too. It was more a passing crush from a far.  Jack certainly had an issue with it though. That was back when EJ was a playboy.

Bonus points in the scene for Jennifer picking Frankie over Jack, Jennifer sticking up for Sami, Abby throwing shade at Sami, and Jennifer acknowledging that Sami was good friends with Jack. 

• Love 1

Thanks for the clip.   It was nice seeing Jack.   Is he really dead this time?  And Jennifer looked so much younger than she does these days.   I think current Jennifer, for starters, needs a new shorter, softer hairstyle.

As for Abigail, since she was mostly being a brat in that clip, it's hard to tell if I would have liked her better or not.  I'll have to check Youtube myself.

Also, how did EJ Wells become EJ Dimera?

EJ Wells was his fake name he used when he came to Salem, so know one would put together that he was Elvis Dimera.  When he was EJ Wells he befriended Sami as her cute, British neighbor in order to get close to her and eventually impregnate her for Stefano.

If I'm not mistaken it seems like a lot of the people who were Ejami fans started from when he was EJ Wells and he was Sami's good friend before she started falling for him.  EJ Wells seems like a completely different character than who EJ became over the years.

• Love 3

Dammit, I just wrote out a long history of Melanie that just got deleted before it could post.  Below is a condensed bullet point version.  Sorry Annabel.

Melanie comes to town as a con artist/grifter.

Melanie is the adopted sister of Max Brady.  Max's biological father Trent is Melanie's adopted father.

Melanie decides to become a better person and straighten out her life.

After Max and Chelsea leave town.  Melanie becomes a "little sister" to Brady and a "granddaughter" to Maggie.

Nick and Melanie end up dating.

Trent comes to Salem to cause trouble for Melanie. Nick ends up kidnapping Melanie and subsequently killing Trent in defense of Melanie, I forget the order.

Nick goes to jail.

Melanie has a failed relationship with Nathan Horton before he leaves town.

She starts to date and eventually marry Phillip Kiriakis.  During this time Carly comes back to town in search of Melanie because she is Melanie's biological mother.

Melanie is the result of a one night stand Carly and Daniel had at a medical conference when she was married to abuse Lawrence Alamain.

Melanie's paternity comes out.  

In the meantime Melanie is married to Phillip and Daniel to Chloe.  Chloe and Phillip end up having an affair that ends both marriages.

Melanie begins to date and become engaged to Chad Dimera.  Gabi becomes obsessed with Chad and has Melanie kidnapped.

Chad uncovers the truth but keeps it from Melanie for some reason and that ends their relationship.

Melanie leaves town with Carly and Nicky Alamain (her brother, who has been de-SORASED back to his original age since the last time he was on the show he was dating Kate, but I digress.)

Melanie for the most part was an incredibly annoying character mostly because Molly Burnett (current actress) always played Melanie very child like and whiny.  We the viewers always began to question why Nathan or Phillip would want to be with someone so immature.  For the most part she was harmless but glad that Molly is playing her a little more grown up than last time.  She is also in the Chloe, Phillip, Belle, age range but was always relegated to the Abigail, Will, Chad, Gabi, group because the character always came off more younger than she was.

Hope this helps.

Edited by JBC344
  • Love 1

Ok, this was very helpful. Carly is the Carly who was involved with Bo? I don't think I know Max, Trent, Nick, Nathan, Gabi. What was the time frame, how long and when was she on before? Also, who is Parker's mother and why is she not in the picture? (I don't know why I am asking all these Daniel-related questions when he is someone I care very little about.)

Edited by annabel

Yes, Melanie's mother is the same Carly that was involved with Bo in the early 90's and then again a couple of years ago.  Max Brady is the adopted son of Caroline and Shawn Brady, he is the adopted brother to Roman, Bo, Kayla and Kim Brady.  The Brady's adopted him and his brother Frankie in the 80's.  Frankie Brady grew up on the show with Jennifer and Eve.  The three of them were often in a love triangle.

Trent was Max's biological father.  Nathan Horton is Melissa Horton's son and Maggie's grandson. Nick Fallon is also a Horton.  Gabi Hernandez is Rafe's sister. She and Will have a daughter together that is now being raised by Will and Sonny.  Gabi killed Nick a year ago.  She is now in prison.

Parker's mother is Chloe Lane, Daniel's ex-wife.  Chloe grew up on the show as a teenager.  When she was a teen her and Phillip Kiriakis were an item.  She later dated and married Brady.  Chloe and Brady were the sickly sweet couple on the show.  They married and moved to Europe.  When the writers decided to bring her and Brady back they wanted to change their characters so they gave Brady a drug problem and made Chloe a "bad girl".  

When Chloe and Phillip had an affair Parker was believed to be Phillip's.  They later retconned that and made Parker, Daniel's son.  Chloe now lives out of town and her and Daniel share custody of Parker.

Chloe used to be a great character who was sort of sacrificed at the alter of saint Daniel.

Wanted to add, that Chloe was married to Lucas for a little while and had an affair with Daniel before they eventually married.  That is the reason why Lucas hates Daniel to this day and is the one person who is allowed to dislike "Saint Daniel".

Edited by JBC344
  • Love 1

Um, Daniel groped Chloe during an exam and that's why I still call him Dr. Grope.  She's a terrible actress. 

When Chloe, I mean ghoul girl, was married to Lucas, Kate tried to kill her with poisoned apples.  Kate won't let baby boy have any relationships. 

All I really remember of Melanie is that she had a pretty sweet relationship with Mags living in her house but had to move out when who moved in? 

I remember Viv shooting her during her wedding to Phillip on the balcony.  That was great. I miss Vivian.  Let's entomb Meddler again and let her rot in that '80's suit she won't take off.

I don't understand why Abifail is her bestie when she had to confront her about luring her to the ski lodge so Failure could stalk Austin some more.

Edited by QuelleC

Didn't she move out from Meddler Manse when Nick was released and moved in?  

One of the less believable things that Maggie did, considering how much she cooed and oohed and awwed over Melanie.

• Love 2

Melanie begins to date and become engaged to Chad Dimera.  Gabi becomes obsessed with Chad and has Melanie kidnapped.

Gabi didn't have her kidnapped, she hired a guy to pretend to be stalking her, Gabi, hoping that Chad would pay attention to her instead of to Melanie, but the guy Gabi hired grew obsessed with Melanie (she must have magic parts, because the same thing happened to Nick) and kidnapped her.  Following the kidnapping and all of the search for Melanie and a lot of people roaming underground Salem, there was an explosion which caused Jack's death.

• Love 1

Chloe used to be a great character who was sort of sacrificed at the alter of saint Daniel.

I hated Chloe when she was on the first time with Belle, Shawn and Philip.  

Where are those 3, btw?

When Chloe, I mean ghoul girl, was married to Lucas, Kate tried to kill her with poisoned apples.  

Literally?

I hated Chloe when she was on the first time with Belle, Shawn and Philip.  

Where are those 3, btw?

Literally?

Belle and Shawn live out of Salem with Claire.  Phillip left town after Melanie and his marriage broke up.  He is in Chicago with Rex and Cassie last we heard.

Yes, Kate did try to poison Chloe.  When Kate found out that Chloe was having an affair with Daniel who had previously dated Kate.  Kate decided to poison Chloe and frame Daniel for her murder.  Before Kate was caught Stefano stepped in and collected all the evidence and blackmailed Kate into marrying him.  That is how Kate and Stefano ended up married.

Chloe could be a little dull as Ghoul Girl but I did like when they made her more of a gray character and she was a little bad.  Also loved how her and Nicole became best friends after years of hating one another.  I also liked how she didn't take any shit from anyone; Kate, Victor, Jennifer, etc.  The only woman to consistently put Abigail in her place when ever saint Abby would try and mess with her.

• Love 1

Thanks JBC344. I did wonder how Kate ended up marrying Stephano.

Just thought of a question I forgot to ask.  Is Daniel supposed to be the same age as Chloe, Bell, Shawn & Philip?

Not if he's a contemporary of Carly's.

I have a question: Were Chloe and Phillip together in Chicago when she found out that Stephanie had faked the DNA results and that Daniel really was Parker's father?

Your welcome.  Any other questions feel free. Nice trip down memory lane.

No Daniel is actually in the Hope, Jennifer, age range of late 40's early 50's.  Melanie herself is in her late 20's and Daniel is her father.

Not if he's a contemporary of Carly's.

I have a question: Were Chloe and Phillip together in Chicago when she found out that Stephanie had faked the DNA results and that Daniel really was Parker's father?

If I remember correctly Chloe and Phillip were sharing custody of Parker in Chicago but they weren't romantically together.  When the truth came out both Chloe and Phillip came back to Salem to tell Daniel, Phillip wasn't shown onscreen.  That was when Chloe decided to stay and cause trouble for Daniel and Jennifer, but her and Phillip weren't a couple.

I try not to think about Eve but as far as Jeannie Theresa I think they're either trying to punish her for getting into legal trouble in CA or are worried that if they give her money she'll buy drugs. They're depending on family to keep her employed.  But that's speculation on my part.  I'm happy she only got the one phone call from Shane and they only showed up once.  If you think Jenn and Adrienne are harpy, Patsy Pease would be into Mags territory terribleness.  Charles Shaughnessy has had a nice career outside of Days. 

• Love 2