Type keyword(s) to search

LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

• Start Topic

The family home that Alex and Lu shared in the Hamptons was listed at $9,450,000.  I have no idea what it sold for.  From what I’ve read she was to put 1/2 of the proceeds from the sale of that house into a trust for the kids, per the divorce agreement.

Then she purchases the smaller Sag Harbor house on the water for around $2,650,000.  Five years later she tries to sell it for $6,250,000 after remodel.  This is the point where Alex and the kids started questioning the trust?

So, what I don’t understand is why the kids half of the $9,450,000 was immediately put into a trust?  

I would love to see the listing for the $6,000,000 house she wanted to buy upstate.  I’ve googled around but came up empty.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I would love to see the listing for the $6,000,000 house she wanted to buy upstate.  I’ve googled around but came up empty.

2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

This references a $1 Mil home she bought upstate luann-de-lesseps-buys-a-million-dollar-waterfront-home-in-upstate-new-york

I found this blog post that said house she did buy is in Port Ewan. There's nothing else for sale there that comes or came close to a $6 million price tag. It's the same thing with Kingston, New Paltz, and Highland. There are properties for sale in the millions in Germantown, Rhinebeck, and Esopus, but there's not a lot of homes for sale or sold over $3 million. There's:

https://www.trulia.com/p/ny/rhinebeck/40-morton-rd-rhinebeck-ny-12572--1151292648

It sold for $5.3 million in 09/2018,

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/195-River-Rd-Rhinebeck-NY-12572/59995626_zpid/

It sold for $6.75 million in 12/2018,

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1981-Broadway-Rte-9W-Esopus-NY-12493/32840963_zpid/

It's on the market for $5.9 million, and

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/18-Wyndclyffe-Ct-Rhinebeck-NY-12572/2087904143_zpid/

It's on the market for $6.5 million.

And I looked back 3 years. These are the only houses that sold anywhere near $6 million. It's possible that there were some houses for rent that she was trying to persuade the owners to sell to her. Once again, it just feels like $6 million mania was about the lawsuit and not the home.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

And I looked back 3 years. These are the only houses that sold anywhere near $6 million. It's possible that there were some houses for rent that she was trying to persuade the owners to sell to her. Once again, it just feels like $6 million mania was about the lawsuit and not the home.

Gasp!! Are you suggesting Lu could be being less than truthful?!? Never.

• LOL 12
  • Love 5

If I remember the media/social media gossip around the lawsuit, the original house she wanted was further upstate in the Catskills.  The house she ended up buying is in the Hudson Valley.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, snarts said:

If I remember the media/social media gossip around the lawsuit, the original house she wanted was further upstate in the Catskills.  The house she ended up buying is in the Hudson Valley.

That's kind of my point. I had to assume she wasn't being absolutely precise in her description because there isn't a current listed property or recently sold property that comes anywhere near the price range she's talking about in the Catskills. There are some lots, some hotels, apartment complexes, a historic home on 200 acres that still needs at least a solid million to make it habitable, and the handful of properties that listed in the greater Hudson Valley Catskills area, but not one that I could directly point to in the Catskills and say "this must be the house." 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, TheWorst said:

Luann has been a messy drunk since at least 2008: http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2008/08/luann_de_lesseps_gets_real_tra.html

I’m surprised it took her this long to get arrested while drunk.

However, I am fascinated by how she’s able to bounce back from pretty much every setback so far.

Yes she seems resilient and deep down unhappy.  I don't think she can get grounded and count her blessings.

• Love 7
On 3/17/2019 at 5:43 PM, SimonSeymour said:

Has anyone been to her cabaret show? I was thinking of getting tickets for my sister’s birthday. I’m curious as to how it is. 

On 3/17/2019 at 6:11 PM, walnutqueen said:

If I won the lotto, I'd rather light my ciggies with hundred dollar bills than spend a single cent supporting her Grand Delusions.

You folks make me laugh (as always).

I have seen the show and I will say that I think it depends on a few things.

* Your tolerance for “the Countess”

* Whether or not you like cabaret-style performances 

* Who the “and friends” are 

* Who you go with

* The venue 

* Your tolerance for food and drink minimums

I went with another housewife-loving friend, with whom I always joke about the Countess. For us, it was a highly memorable night out. I’m glad I went but honestly, the “friends” were the musical highlights.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
On 3/17/2019 at 8:43 PM, SimonSeymour said:

Has anyone been to her cabaret show? I was thinking of getting tickets for my sister’s birthday. I’m curious as to how it is. 

Bought tickets today  to the Royal Oak, MI show on May 11th. Shopping for my Jovani dress now 😁

• LOL 14
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Diane Mars said:

I KNEW there was a post about it, with an link to the property and pictures...

But the is not online anymore on th nypost website, and not even in the web archives ! 😢

The link works for me but it doesn’t have any specific details on the Catskills house and only links to this IG post as an indication she is moving.

The property details were always about the Sag Harbor house because it is about her renting it out/putting it on the market for $6 million.
Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

That's kind of my point. I had to assume she wasn't being absolutely precise in her description because there isn't a current listed property or recently sold property that comes anywhere near the price range she's talking about in the Catskills

I had to go back through my old links and look, but I thought I had found the house when I was snooping around for it when it was first reported. This house fits the description really well. It's definitely a "mansion", it overlooks the Hudson River and the pricing matches since it was first listed for 5M and then had a price bump.

Keep in mind that I have absolutely no inside knowledge and just has been looking through listings online. This was the house that came closest to her description that I could find. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, ivygirl said:

You folks make me laugh (as always).

I have seen the show and I will say that I think it depends on a few things.

* Your tolerance for “the Countess”

* Whether or not you like cabaret-style performances 

* Who the “and friends” are 

* Who you go with

* The venue 

* Your tolerance for food and drink minimums

I went with another housewife-loving friend, with whom I always joke about the Countess. For us, it was a highly memorable night out. I’m glad I went but honestly, the “friends” were the musical highlights.

Thank you, this was very helpful. It’s in Chicago at the Chicago Theatre. There is no food or drink minimum. I have no info on who the “and friends” are, but the least expensive tickets left are $128, so I’m out. I’d pay around $50. I mostly despise LuAnne, so that amount of money isn’t worth it to me or my sister. 

5 hours ago, snarts said:

Bought tickets today  to the Royal Oak, MI show on May 11th. Shopping for my Jovani dress now 😁

Lol. I hope you paid less than the price here!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
38 minutes ago, SimonSeymour said:

Thank you, this was very helpful. It’s in Chicago at the Chicago Theatre. There is no food or drink minimum. I have no info on who the “and friends” are, but the least expensive tickets left are $128, so I’m out. I’d pay around $50. I mostly despise LuAnne, so that amount of money isn’t worth it to me or my sister. 

Holy Cow! That’s an expensive hate watch! 🤣 I got the “cheap seats” in SF and I paid just slightly more for TWO tickets (when you take service fees into account)! I’ve never been to the Chicago Theatre but one of the cool things was that the lounge where I saw her was pretty small, and I’m guessing that theatre is pretty large? 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Atwood said:

I had to go back through my old links and look, but I thought I had found the house when I was snooping around for it when it was first reported. This house fits the description really well. It's definitely a "mansion", it overlooks the Hudson River and the pricing matches since it was first listed for 5M and then had a price bump.

Keep in mind that I have absolutely no inside knowledge and just has been looking through listings online. This was the house that came closest to her description that I could find. 

That does seem like what she described, but the property listing is really strange. They keep offering it for sale and increasing the price, but have no takers. I was able to back into the old MLS listing, which includes the county assessment, and the county thinks the house should be about $900K. Did they find oil on the property? A diamond mine? Were they planning on dividing the property to be developed into 16 one acre lots on the river? It's actually zoned multi-family residential and commercial use. So I did a little looking on Street View. The property has a wall that runs parallel to the road and of course the river is on the other side. It has multiple buildings on the property. There is a cabin, a building that's being used as a lawyer's office, another that is a German tavern, and two more buildings. 

And near as I can tell, they haven't added much to the home. Plus parts of the inside are gaudy, dark, overdone, and oppressive.

This may have been the house Lu was referring to, but it would have been a fucking nightmare property for her. I think whoever was selling intended to turn it into a Catskills mini resort.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

Holy Cow! That’s an expensive hate watch! 🤣 I got the “cheap seats” in SF and I paid just slightly more for TWO tickets (when you take service fees into account)! I’ve never been to the Chicago Theatre but one of the cool things was that the lounge where I saw her was pretty small, and I’m guessing that theatre is pretty large? 

Yes, it’s not small. But also not huge. Maybe around 3500 seats? It’s mostly used for stand ups, some concerts, and I’ve also seen two magicians there.  And David Sedari. It’s gorgeous, though. 

Unrelated, but my middle name is Ivy. 🙂

• Love 4
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Where was the SF show?

Feinstein’s at the Nikko. Very small and definitely a cabaret space (it functions as one regularly... Broadway stars, cabaret-type singers, jazz singers...) 

1 hour ago, SimonSeymour said:

Yes, it’s not small. But also not huge. Maybe around 3500 seats? It’s mostly used for stand ups, some concerts, and I’ve also seen two magicians there.  And David Sedari. It’s gorgeous, though. 

Unrelated, but my middle name is Ivy. 🙂

Here’s the seating chart for the venue where I saw Luann. Def not 3500 seats 😉 

I used to go to Chicago for work and my office was right down the street from the Chicago Theatre. The last time I was there, Erasure was in town the night I was leaving! I was so tempted to extend my stay. 

My screen name is based on some antiques I collect 🙂

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

Feinstein’s at the Nikko. Very small and definitely a cabaret space (it functions as one regularly... Broadway stars, cabaret-type singers, jazz singers

Duh that makes sense because her main venue in New York is Feinstein’s 54 Below! I haven’t been there in ages. I was actually there opening night because a friend was doing their PR!

Not that I would pay to see Lu but I should check out their upcoming schedule and see if there is anything I would be interested in.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Duh that makes sense because her main venue in New York is Feinstein’s 54 Below! I haven’t been there in ages. I was actually there opening night because a friend was doing their PR!

Not that I would pay to see Lu but I should check out their upcoming schedule and see if there is anything I would be interested in.

I would love to go back to Feinstein’s at the Nikko—great sound, talented people, decent food and drink! It’s so small that there really aren’t any “bad” seats.

PS is your friend’s name Samantha? (Kidding)

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

This may have been the house Lu was referring to, but it would have been a fucking nightmare property for her. I think whoever was selling intended to turn it into a Catskills mini resort.

I absolutely agree. But as the devil's advocate, that would be another explanation for why she couldn't get a mortgage (other than the money's all run out). Also why the kids and the count chose to sue her to stop her from transferring their portion of the hamptons property into this money pit. 

• Love 2

I just saw the Ad for the show coming to my sleepy area of Ohio. 

My friends won't go with me but they will ,however, buy my ticket and Jovanni to report back.

ETA: One date tickets are 45-$75. 

Boy will she be disappointed

Edited by FairyDusted
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, tabloidlover said:

Interesting....  Tom admits to cheating on Luann, but only after she cheated first.   He also says she had lots and lots of pills around the house

https://pagesix.com/2019/04/01/tom-dagostino-claims-luann-de-lesseps-cheated-on-him-first/

1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

It’d be easy for me to believe that Lu cheated first. 

In some strange way they seem made for each other and it’s a shame those two crazy kids couldn’t make it work.....

• LOL 14
  • Love 7
On 3/20/2019 at 7:31 PM, Atwood said:

For some reason, I remember part of the story about the $6m house being that they weren't asking $6m but she was going to overbid because she loved it so much and wanted to make sure she got it.  Did I dream that part?  If not, it does sound like this is probably the house. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, bosawks said:

In some strange way they seem made for each other and it’s a shame those two crazy kids couldn’t make it work.....

Hee hee hee

I get from Tom's comments that he might have lived and let live if Luann wasn't making a point of using her cabaret show to comment publically on his cheating. What comes around goes around, Lulu...

I also totally believe she could have cheated on him.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Rap541 said:

I get from Tom's comments that he might have lived and let live if Luann wasn't making a point of using her cabaret show to comment publically on his cheating. What comes around goes around, Lulu...

I also totally believe she could have cheated on him.

I don't know why Tom is surprised. Luann's narrative about her relapse and return to rehab has always included her children's lawsuit. These are her flesh and blood and she treated them like dirt. Tom is just some dude she was fucking for 2 years. 

• Love 15
8 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Dang Lu! What? Were you raised in a barn or something? Didn't your Mom say anything about being a gracious GUEST??

You should really get some manners! Rude ass.

Pretty sure she was raised humbly.  The Count marrying her, spoiled it for all humankind.

• Love 9

I'm beginning to think that, unfortunately, Lu's sense of humor was found at the bottom of a bottle.

Hopefully, as she gets more comfortable in her sobriety it will return, but for now, yeesh.....

• Love 19

Insufferable.  I really, truly don't wish it, but I can't help but know think that she is headed for a really hard fall.  She is far too in love with herself, at a time when there should be a lot of questions, and deep introspection.  mmv 

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 10

I sincerely hate the #freebritney shit that started from some random unidentifiable caller who called in a “story” that most facts can be easily disproven, she has been out and about to get her hair done, that somehow makes it weird that a woman who has had well documented mental health issues needs to be “freed” from getting treatment. Even the anonymous source’s story acknowledges she wasn’t taking her medication and  it’s revolves around the notion that someone in the public eye can’t remove themselves  from constant sightings. It stigmatizes mental health issues and is being used like Richard Simmons to get people to listen to a crappy podcast that no one gave a shit about. Way to continue the cycle of it being “weird” for people trying to seek treatment for mental health with absolutely no evidence.  

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 15
10 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Insufferable.  I really, truly don't wish it, but I can't help but know think that she is headed for a really hard fall.  She is far too in love with herself, at a time when there should be a lot of questions, and deep introspection.  mmv 

I totally agree. I don’t wish it either but sometimes we have to fall really hard before we can rebuild ourselves. I would have thought her bottom would have been when she was arrested, but I was so wrong. I hope when she falls as far as she can go she can get herself back up again. That, of course, will only happen with total introspection - which can be really awful and difficult. But if she can get thru that and rebuild herself step by painful step, that will be great and will be what saves her from herself.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

5 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I sincerely hate the #freebritney shit that started from some random unidentifiable caller who called in a “story” that most facts can be easily disproven, she has been out and about to get her hair done, that somehow makes it weird that a woman who has had well documented mental health issues needs to be “freed” from getting treatment. Even the anonymous source’s story acknowledges she wasn’t taking her medication and  it’s revolves around the notion that someone in the public eye can’t remove themselves  from constant sightings. It stigmatizes mental health issues and is being used like Richard Simmons to get people to listen to a crappy podcast that no one gave a shit about. Way to continue the cycle of it being “weird” for people trying to seek treatment for mental health with absolutely no evidence.  

Luann should be the last fucker to open her mouth about Britney. Britney has bipolar disorder, anosognosia, and substance issues. She has possibly one of the most high profile guardianships/conservatorships on the planet. Britney is seriously ill and had been off her medication for a decent amount of time when she went to her inpatient facility. If Luann had any real appreciation of substance disorder and mental illness, she wouldn't have jumped on this #FreeBritney bandwagon, which seems to ignore Britney's substantial behavioral health issues and needs. Luann is doing this to be trendy and she's kind of an asshole for doing it.

• Love 24
9 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Luann should be the last fucker to open her mouth about Britney. Britney has bipolar disorder, anosognosia, and substance issues. She has possibly one of the most high profile guardianships/conservatorships on the planet. Britney is seriously ill and had been off her medication for a decent amount of time when she went to her inpatient facility. If Luann had any real appreciation of substance disorder and mental illness, she wouldn't have jumped on this #FreeBritney bandwagon, which seems to ignore Britney's substantial behavioral health issues and needs. Luann is doing this to be trendy and she's kind of an asshole for doing it.

Luann think she's some sort of pop princess now, so she just parrots what she sees, or she has given her social media people far, far too much rope with which to hang themselves.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

If Luann had any real appreciation of substance disorder and mental illness, she wouldn't have jumped on this #FreeBritney bandwagon, which seems to ignore Britney's substantial behavioral health issues and needs. Luann is doing this to be trendy and she's kind of an asshole for doing it.

Kind of?

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Pro tip:  Let your breakfast digest for a bit before watching.

So um, this reminds me of Buffalo Bill in Silence of the Lambs when he is singing and dancing.  I am sure that isn't what she was going for.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

So um, this reminds me of Buffalo Bill in Silence of the Lambs when he is singing and dancing.  I am sure that isn't what she was going for.

Oh, my gosh. I thought that, too. And at first, I thought that was a guy in Countess drag. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Oh, my gosh. I thought that, too. And at first, I thought that was a guy in Countess drag. 

She is pretty delusional.  I am glad I am not the only one that thought that!

• Love 4