Type keyword(s) to search

LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

• Start Topic

LuAnn has bought herself a new residence in the Hudson Valley. She paid around 1 million for it. It has been recently renovated and has round shape. It’s literally on the Hudson River and it came with a dock and area to keep a boat. Sorry that I can’t post links but I found the information on DailyMail.co.uk. 

They also said that she is keeping her Hamptons home and the residence in NYC. I believe that the latter is rented not owned. Gee, who knew a lounge singers life could be so lucrative. 

• Love 10
On October 24, 2018 at 12:33 PM, HunterHunted said:

I know that she's at NBC, but many of the NBC staff hate her fucking guts after this shit. They weren't all that fond of her to begin with, but this might have been the last straw.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/24/media/megyn-kelly-blackface-al-roker/index.html

Thankfully, it was the last straw.  Even though I never watched I'm glad she's gone.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Sorry that I can’t post links but I found the information on DailyMail.co.uk

Thanks for the heads-up, MindThinkr -- I'm pretty dismissive of Luann these days (stealing from your own kids, feh) but her taste in real estate is the best of all the RHoNY cast members, imo.  I'd kill to drink my morning coffee out here:

luann new home.jpg

Or down at the private dock:

luann outside.jpg

More here (I wonder if she'll redecorate? The interiors don't seem to reflect her usual taste -- add another bag of $$ to the price tag):

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6385565/DailyMailTV-Exclusive-RHONY-star-Luann-Lesseps-buys-MILLION-dollar-waterfront-vacation-home.html

Edited by film noire
  • Love 12
32 minutes ago, ichbin said:

Perhaps she can sail into Manhattan singing aboard a tugboat, like Streisand in Funny Girl.  

Better yet, make the trips pay.  Countess Cabaret Cruises!

I can see Luann performing on river cruises around Manhattan. That seems her style.

...or did you mean one of those multi-day music themed ocean cruises? 'cause that would be Luann overdose. i'd either drink to Slurinda or Ludini level and sing along, or I'd jump overboard.

• Love 10

More here (I wonder if she'll redecorate? The interiors don't seem to reflect her usual taste -- add another bag of $$ to the price tag):

So she'll let the entitled children keep their Hampton flop house but it looks like she might take the boat up to the new place.  I wonder if the little snots will sue to get the boat.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

How the hell can she afford 3 homes ?

I read that she is coming back to RHONY full time so I guess her agent negotiated a good contract. That combined with her lounge singing career must be the ticket. She might have sold some of her belongings or jewelry; not that I think that would go very far in paying for the homes and the taxes. She could be mortgaged on the new one and I think she outright owns the Sag Harbor place (although she owes her children for it or they will inherit it). The NYC place is probably a rental. Taxes are high in the Hudson Valley. Also the Long Island property. Of all of the housewives I think she has the least amount of money...well maybe Sonja. It is a conundrum. They are all pricey. Especially after she has paid all those legal bills and two rehab staycations. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Other than the waterfront idk. So unpreppy. Curved walls, it has a W Palm, coastal FL feel. Don't like. 

We need to do a walkthrough, Alonzo (you flash that FBI card and get us in the door to examine the scene of the design crime ; ) The interior is a bit hinky right now (to me) but I think it could be "east coast-y" stunning -- change the slate for wood,  paint out the trim on the windows  -- let the views carry the space: 

luann windows.jpg

I wonder if the Hamptons home has been given to the kids, and the Count fronted $$$ to Luann to buy this joint, to settle the financial/family rift? (Either that, or Luann's an upscale mule running the rarest of drugs in her little countess.)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8
On 11/14/2018 at 1:06 PM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Other than the waterfront idk. So unpreppy. Curved walls, it has a W Palm, coastal FL feel. Don't like. How the hell can she afford 3 homes ?

Never a fan of mid-century modern.  One acre on the river, nice!  But that’s pretty far from NYC, it’s north of Poughkeepsie.  And on the “Jersey” side of the Hudson, though I’m not sure that matters as far north as she is.  Should be beautiful sunrise views.

i wonder if she bought furnished, in the short video about her Christmas show she seems to be sitting in front of the gas fireplace of the living room or den with the floor to ceiling windows.

is it horrible that my first thought, upon seeing the circular staircase, was “wow, she’s going to fall down that when drunk”?

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

Never a fan of mid-century modern.  One acre on the river, nice!  But that’s pretty far from NYC, it’s north of Poughkeepsie.  And on the “Jersey” side of the Hudson, though I’m not sure that matters as far north as she is.  Should be beautiful sunrise views.

i wonder if she bought furnished, in the short video about her Christmas show she seems to be sitting in front of the gas fireplace of the living room or den with the floor to ceiling windows.

is it horrible that my first thought, upon seeing the circular staircase, was “wow, she’s going to fall down that when drunk”?

I agree with you on mid-century modern.

I don't understand 'Jersey' side of the river.  Alpine is actually in NJ on that side of the river just before the NY border and is one of the most prestigious and richest zip codes in the US. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I agree with you on mid-century modern.

I don't understand 'Jersey' side of the river.  Alpine is actually in NJ on that side of the river just before the NY border and is one of the most prestigious and richest zip codes in the US. 

It's just a generalization that Westchester County is posher than Rockland and Orange Counties (well, when I was growing up Orange County wasn't considered the suburbs but "upstate").  And that NY is better than NJ!

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

It's just a generalization that Westchester County is posher than Rockland and Orange Counties (well, when I was growing up Orange County wasn't considered the suburbs but "upstate").  And that NY is better than NJ!

I guess it's all opinion and I disagree.  I don't think that NY is better than NJ.  I grew up in NY and then moved to NJ.  I never saw it as a contest.  Both have equally beautiful areas and have areas that are not so much.  But in any event, I always enjoy posting with you.

• Love 4
On 11/14/2018 at 2:47 PM, film noire said:

We need to do a walkthrough, Alonzo (you flash that FBI card and get us in the door to examine the scene of the design crime ; ) The interior is a bit hinky right now (to me) but I think it could be "east coast-y" stunning -- change the slate for wood,  paint out the trim on the windows  -- let the views carry the space: 

Of course! The real Alonzo gets his badge stolen and he is impersonated so help yourself!

• Love 4

Gosh I love that house and property . That amount wouldn't get you a 1000 sq foot house jammed up against a neigh our where I live in California.  I would change a few thing so.   Do you think she can rent it out as Romona the maven says then count it a rental tax wise?  Can't figure out how she has 3 places either. 

The bedspread looked like a zuilly 7 piece quilt set. 

• Love 5
On 11/14/2018 at 1:37 PM, nexxie said:

I love the house - midcentury modern!

Used to go to the Omega Institute across the river from there - such a pretty area.

I wouldn’t call it mid-century modern.  When I think MCM, I think Eichler homes.  It is more of a contemporary/modern house than she usually goes for but I wouldn’t say it is MCM. 

I hope those tile floors are heated or else she is going to freeze in the winter!

• Love 5

It's official; Luann is off her nut.  Now she's publishing images which really push the envelope IMO.  If she were known for having an irreverant sense of humor, maybe, but nah, this is just poor taste.  Somebody needs to be humbled and quickly.

Screenshot (367).png

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 13
16 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

It's official; Luann is off her nut.  Now she's publishing images which really push the envelope IMO.  If she were known for having an irreverant sense of humor, maybe, but nah, this is just poor taste.  Somebody needs to be humbled and quickly.

Screenshot (367).png

This disgusts and offends me to the core. She is mocking the faith of millions of people and putting herself at a level she could never even aspire to.

To think, I kept giving her pass after pass and pass. Now I’ll just pass on her altogether 

• Love 16
4 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Screenshot (367).png

. . . But is she wearing Jovani?

I think it’s funny, I’ve seen other celebrities do this, too. And they did it for one of the OITNB season promos.

2A286D5D-D9D9-4874-BFAA-5D734FD33207.jpeg

• Love 3

How is she mocking Catholicism? What would be the message she would try to convey by wearing a burka?

For me, the comedy is they are using this saintly motif when clearly they are anything but. They’re not mocking Catholicism, they’re mocking themselves.

• Love 4

My problem with Luann’s vs ORangeif the New Black, is the heart - the sacred heart of Jesus. If she didn’t have the heart in there, I personally wouldn’t have minded.  OITNB were mocking themselves as not being saints. but Luann’s picture is of Jesus, not a saint. I am an extremely lapsed Catholic by the way. 

I don’t think she was intentionally mocking Catholicism, and I’ve never heard or do or say anything that would lead me to believe she did this with any ill will. However, it was not well thought out, was tone deaf and was disrespectful to those of a certain faith.

• Love 11
12 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

My problem with Luann’s vs ORangeif the New Black, is the heart - the sacred heart of Jesus. If she didn’t have the heart in there, I personally wouldn’t have minded.  OITNB were mocking themselves as not being saints. but Luann’s picture is of Jesus, not a saint. I am an extremely lapsed Catholic by the way. 

I don’t think she was intentionally mocking Catholicism, and I’ve never heard or do or say anything that would lead me to believe she did this with any ill will. However, it was not well thought out, was tone deaf and was disrespectful to those of a certain faith.

We should not forget that Lu is actually not that bright. I think that she can memorize enough to become a nurse, and she knows what to do to draw men to her (that, I don’t assign much value to, I think most of us could orchestrate a one-night stand easily). But she really lacks the brain cells to understand why this is offensive. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

We should not forget that Lu is actually not that bright. I think that she can memorize enough to become a nurse, and she knows what to do to draw men to her (that, I don’t assign much value to, I think most of us could orchestrate a one-night stand easily). But she really lacks the brain cells to understand why this is offensive. 

Considering the controversial Diana Ross costume, the "don't introduce me to the help as LuAnn", and this, she seems destined to build an impressive resume' for the Tone Deaf Reality Socialite award.

• Love 18
4 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Considering the controversial Diana Ross costume, the "don't introduce me to the help as LuAnn", and this, she seems destined to build an impressive resume' for the Tone Deaf Reality Socialite award.

She is doubling down on the tone deaf with the candle. As a born and raised Catholic I can tell you that I never saw a devotional candle until I was out it the world.  This is a cultural thing.  And yes the pictures on them are fairly graphic.  So these candles are a part of a Hispanic Catholic tradition.  Two birds with one stone Lu.

Now I did see a Brittany Spears and a Michael Jackson candle in some store.  I don’t remember them being this on point for their religious nature.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I agree!   The sacred heart made it totally offensive.   She went way too far this time.

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

The pic’s gone...but we all saw it...lol 

I'm assuming you mean she took it down.  

And yes we all saw it and we still have it in this thread. 😜

Did anyone see negative comments about it on her Instagram?

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, AnnA said:

20 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I agree!   The sacred heart made it totally offensive.   She went way too far this time.

Just to add, my sister and I look for tacky religious items to send to each other as funny gifts (it offends my mom, so we don’t tell her).  So if I was offended by LuAnn....

I am not Hispanic but born and raised in New Mexico as a Catholic. In fact, I wanted to be a priest in 5th grade - my dad said “you could be a nun” and I told him “no, they aren’t in charge.” Went to a Catholic school for undergraduate.

My husband and I have been married for 23 years, and he’s Jewish, so life does take interesting turns.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

I'm assuming you mean she took it down.  

And yes we all saw it and we still have it in this thread. 😜

Did anyone see negative comments about it on her Instagram?

Yeah...you can’t erase anything on the internet. ;) 

There were a ton of negative comments. 

• Love 7

Oh come now, Luann passing off her racism as her being so damn cute and just missing it and not really intending to offend is like just a given now. 

Lets see:

1. She's of Native American descent so she gets a pass for using terms like "passing the peace pipe" and making "woowoo" noises because well, its not offensive if you're part Native American, especially if you wear a lot of turquoise jewelry that historically, your native tribe never wore and didn't make.

2. Even though blackface has been offensive since I was a child (where a very special episode of Gimme A Break made the point) Luann didn't know that darkening her skin to dress up like Diana Ross was offensive, and really was just sharing the love and must not be judged. 

3. Likewise dressing up like what's her name from Modern Family and imitating the woman's accent.

4. Oh look, she's mocking the practices of Catholics now. 

So, is she too fucking stupid to know better? Because honestly she doesn't to learn from these things. Or. does she just think she's Countess Luann and she can shit where she pleases and get away with it?

• Love 12

I wasn't raised in, nor have I ever followed, any particular religion. But even I was offended by Luann's post. As humor it doesn't work for me, because I suspect that deep down inside Luann really expects people to worship and adore her. To me that post is the equivalent of a visual Freudian slip and a not so subtle one at that. Lol

• Love 7

I am on a high right now because I saw Luann’s show tonight, and it was a blast!

But  even BETTER was that I waited around after the show and as she was driving away her car stopped at a red light and she rolled her window down and chatted  with my friend and me! She’s gorgeous, gracious, funny and still and always my favorite housewife. I am rooting for her to have a happy life.

• Love 19

This is not the least bit surprising. It's been super obvious that she never really thought she had a substance problem or even "real" emotional issues that caused her to self-medicate with booze. This is where her ability to brush things off and move on always gets her in trouble because she's not an introspective person. Plus being a Real Housewife only feeds into her narcissism and self-absorption.

It would never occur to her to examine why she NEEDS to be with a man at all times and why she needs that male validation. And she really does need to be with a man almost all the time. It's all rather sad. I don't think it would occur to her to question why she always has to gloss over things. The situation with her kids and Alex suing her came about because she's so damn cavalier about nearly everything. Alex undoubtedly showed up during the weekend before they filed the suit as a last ditch effort to get Luann to understand the gravity of the situation. If she had demonstrated that she had understood their concerns and had some intention of establishing the trust in a timely fashion, the kids and Alex's fears would have been allayed.

Luann is like a lifetime gambler who has been winning for 20 years. After a certain point, they're convinced that it was skill and talent that got them where they are when they owe a decent amount of luck to their success. Luann is attractive and superficially charming. It's gotten her a long way, but she's also been lucky as all get out. She thinks she can charm almost any man into doing what she wants. That's certainly not true. This is part of the reason that she's almost never critical of the men in her life. Calling them to account would make it so much harder to charm them later if she has to. I'm sure she thought that she could charm the judge and the 2 probation offices into letting her get behind on her probation requirements, but she's missed some of her sobriety testing. That's not a super easy issue to ignore.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 11

I'm actually curious to see if anything happens to her as a result of her non-compliance. I suspect not but wouldn't it be interesting if she did get into trouble?

And HunterHunted, I completely agree that Luann doesn't think she has a substance abuse problem. 

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I'm actually curious to see if anything happens to her as a result of her non-compliance. I suspect not but wouldn't it be interesting if she did get into trouble?

I realize that US Weekly isn't exactly a gold-standard legal publication, but this stood out for me:  "According to the website (TMZ), the “Money Can’t Buy You Class” singer will not be punished at this point for not sticking to the arrangements outlined in her plea deal. However, her parole officer reportedly stated that she has not followed through on the terms in the six months she has been monitored."

• Love 2