Type keyword(s) to search

LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Pulled it off of Instagram.  I can say with almost no certainty, with no witnesses, no corroboration, and no investigation, that this is from her high school yearbook.

You found it on Lu’s Instagram? She doesn’t embarrass easily, does she? Wealth and Foxy Guys (initial capped) would help me decide not to post it on my Instagram. 

But I suppose it shows that she has a good sense of humor.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Pulled it off of Instagram.  I can say with almost no certainty, with no witnesses, no corroboration, and no investigation, that this is from her high school yearbook.

Oh. I was being facetious. :>). It kind of read like an ad people would put in the newspaper back in the day.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

You found it on Lu’s Instagram? She doesn’t embarrass easily, does she? Wealth and Foxy Guys (initial capped) would help me decide not to post it on my Instagram. 

But I suppose it shows that she has a good sense of humor.

Nope, not Lu's Insta.  Account called @facesbybravo.  It's a fun one!  Here's their latest post:

Screenshot (229).png

5 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Oh. I was being facetious. :>). It kind of read like an ad people would put in the newspaper back in the day.

It's cool.  I didn't take it seriously.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Nope, not Lu's Insta.  Account called @facesbybravo.  It's a fun one!  Here's their latest post:

Screenshot (229).png

It's cool.  I didn't take it seriously.

(I guess it’s good my “acting career” never took off, if people are exhuming stupid stuff D-listers said/wrote when they were teenagers.)

But thank you for telling us about this account. Let the giggles and schadenfreude begin!!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

It's only part of what we do here, and perhaps the most inocuous.

Oh, no, @SuprSuprElevated: I didn’t mean you- - I meant the person who created the “facesbybravo” account! I love that you posted it- - love everything you post. (I thought you knew how much I loved your stuff after I sent you a private note?)

I am inadvertently offending people this week. Maybe I should step away. You can tell me the truth.

Honestly, I love that we all snark at these reality TV cast members. But I do wonder if I were slightly famous, what someone would be able to Instagram about me. I used to write 2 good/2 be/4 gotten on my friends’ yearbook pages. I wore a seafoam or pistachio green polyester suit for our class trip to D.C.  With one of those awful silkscreened nylon shirts (see Dirk Diggler/Boogie Nights) underneath. And if it isn’t obvious, I am (gasp) OLD. Older than Adam’s Meemaw. Old enough to know not to leave the house without a Hefty bag covering my entire child-traumatizing body. So someone could have a field day with that.

Again, I am very sorry if I came across as sneering at you or your post. That was definitely not how I wanted my post to be construed. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Oh, no, @SuprSuprElevated: I didn’t mean you- - I meant the person who created the “facesbybravo” account! I love that you posted it- - love everything you post. (I thought you knew how much I loved your stuff after I sent you a private note?)

I am inadvertently offending people this week. Maybe I should step away. You can tell me the truth.

Honestly, I love that we all snark at these reality TV cast members. But I do wonder if I were slightly famous, what someone would be able to Instagram about me. I used to write 2 good/2 be/4 gotten on my friends’ yearbook pages. I wore a seafoam green polyester suit for our class trip to D.C.  With one of those awful silkscreened nylon shirts (see Dirk Diggler/Boogie Nights) underneath. And if it isn’t obvious, I am (gasp) OLD. Older than Adam’s Meemaw. So someone could have a field day with that.

Again, I am very sorry if I came across as sneering at you or your post. That was definitely not how I wanted my post to be construed. 

See, this is the trouble with typing vs. talking.  Things get misconstrued.  First, I'm not peeved at you, lol.  Secondly, I appreciate your compliments, though humbly undeserved.

I am hella glad that I misspent my youth outside the range of camera lenses.  I don't envy the fishbowl life of a celebrity, but obviously, they sort of made that deal with the devil I guess.

Carry on Hoo!

• Love 7
57 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

See, this is the trouble with typing vs. talking.  Things get misconstrued.  First, I'm not peeved at you, lol.  Secondly, I appreciate your compliments, though humbly undeserved.

I am hella glad that I misspent my youth outside the range of camera lenses.  I don't envy the fishbowl life of a celebrity, but obviously, they sort of made that deal with the devil I guess.

Carry on Hoo!

Oh, thank goodness! I am so relieved that I didn’t offend you. 

When I was in college, my parents sometimes wrote me letters. My dad wrote me one that left me thinking, “My dad hates me.” Turns out, I misread the tone 100%.

Boatloads of money vs. some inkling of privacy.... A deal with the devil indeed. 

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

IDK -- she looks good in halter tops, but it isn't a very figure flattering dress.  (Plus I don't like the color combo and busy pattern.)  On another woman it might look like the dress is wearing her, but Luann is tall and has a larger frame so she can pull it off.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Any update on the lawsuit?

Naw.  These things usually don't resolve quickly.  And I'm doubting it'll settle in the near future, because Lu most likely no longer has the funds to settle it without all this fuss or she probably would have.  Let's face it, she's been caught with her hand in the cookie jar.  If anyone -- even mommy -- stole MY $2 mil, I'd sure as hell sue her ass to get it back.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 8
On 9/28/2018 at 9:06 AM, Anne Thrax said:

IDK -- she looks good in halter tops, but it isn't a very figure flattering dress.  

I agree --  the fit is off and the pattern is a migraine-inducer. It reminds me of the saffron Dior Nicole Kidman wore to the Oscars some years ago (link) -- even though she's tall and thin it pulls across the abdomen. Conversely, Lu's simple white dress, hat and pearls combo KFB posted upthread looks beautiful (granted we can't see the full outfit).

http://charly-studio.com/gaya-nicole-kidman/

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, SCS said:

I agree --  the fit is off and the pattern is a migraine-inducer. It reminds me of the saffron Dior Nicole Kidman wore to the Oscars some years ago (link) -- even though she's tall and thin it pulls across the abdomen. Conversely, Lu's simple white dress, hat and pearls combo KFB posted upthread looks beautiful (granted we can't see the full outfit).

I think Luann has a nice body. She also usually knows how to angle her body in whatever she is wearing so she looks curvier or should I say so that she appears to have more of a cinched waist than she has.

Straight on full body shot - no bueno - she can look like a 2 by 4

She has to be careful with the cut of a halter as well - it's the shoulders and sometimes looks like a linebacker.

The Bravo "award" contest thingy they do on WWHL is a strange animal. I think in her category - Cynthia Bailey will win.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SCS said:

Ugh. You're so right -- the color is terrible, even on her.  In fact, I don't know anyone who can wear that awful not-yellow/not-green color.  I think perhaps a very dark skinned woman (such as Lupita Nyongo) could pull it off well.

Edited to Add:  I agree, Lu does look so chic in the simple white dress with pearls and oversize straw hat above.  When it comes to a classy look, I think less is more.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 5
On 9/21/2018 at 7:15 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

I read that Lu would be subjected to random drug testing, which she would have to pay for. And that her plea deal also included 50 hours of community service, having to attend AA meetings twice a week for a year and that she could not possess or consume alcohol or drugs for that period. She certainly could have been given a tougher deal, but it also isn't a slap on the wrist. 

There was speculation that Lu may have been the subject of a blind item regarding a Howife that would be stepping back to become a "friend of" to deal with her personal life. Doesn't appear to be Lu, since they have already started filming the new season. I wonder if they will film her carrying out the terms of her deal? 

That seems awfully quick after the reunion.  Has a replacement for Carole been picked?

On 9/26/2018 at 12:16 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I wore a seafoam or pistachio green polyester suit for our class trip to D.C.  With one of those awful silkscreened nylon shirts (see Dirk Diggler/Boogie Nights) underneath. And if it isn’t obvious, I am (gasp) OLD. Older than Adam’s Meemaw. Old enough to know not to leave the house without a Hefty bag covering my entire child-traumatizing body. 

See. that describes my dream celebrity to a T -- old enough to not give a fuck, young enough to throw a Boogie Nights party (I'm coming as Burt!) Throw  in a parrot who says your tagline ( "2 good/2 be/4 gotten, muthafuckas!") and I'd be checking your social media every two goddamn seconds. 

On 9/28/2018 at 1:16 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I mean, it’s no Jovani.

It's Novani?

~somebody had to say it.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, film noire said:

See. that describes my dream celebrity to a T -- old enough to not give a fuck, young enough to throw a Boogie Nights party (I'm coming as Burt!) Throw  in a parrot who says your tagline ( "2 good/2 be/4 gotten, muthafuckas!") and I'd be checking your social media every two goddamn seconds. 

It's Novani?

~somebody had to say it.

I get to wake up to this post? A post that makes me giggle?

Life is good!

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 9
On 10/15/2018 at 12:38 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Holy, Retouching, Batman. Lu looks like she’s in her early-thirties in this photo. 

Countess Luann de (forty years Less)eps! She's one last retouch away from looking like Kristy McNichol at fifteen ; )

kristy m.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • Love 9
19 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

As my lovely ol' Aunt Mary used to say, "she's as full of s*it as a Christmas goose."

Go Aunt Mary! Yeah, full of shit sums it up. If she wanted to live her best 'healthiest' life, she'd remove herself from this show, but she can't and won't give up any bit of the limelight because LuAnn just aint that deep. She's a fame whore, full stop. If she cant be a Countess for real, she can be a C*ntess in the spotlight. That's all she got...

• Love 10
On 10/15/2018 at 9:57 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

I'll just leave this here.

Screenshot (288).png

Are we all looking at the same picture? There’s some uneven retouching but they didn’t airbrush her to hell and back, it still looks like her and her natural wrinkles.

She looks great but only as young as mid- to late forties, in my opinion.

Maybe everyone’s on their phone and looking at the thumbnail instead of enlarging the photo . . . ? Either that, or you people know some hard-living 30-year-olds. ?

• Love 12
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Warning:  NSFEars

Is she sing-talking live over the track?   

I can’t tell! The “song” is so horrible, it hinders me from focusing on anything other than how horrible it is. But I will give Lu points for using the verb “lie” in the lyrics instead of “lay.”

Wow, they really think that this is “singing”?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I can’t tell! The “song” is so horrible, it hinders me from focusing on anything other than how horrible it is. But I will give Lu points for using the verb “lie” in the lyrics instead of “lay.”

Wow, they really think that this is “singing”?

I would like to think that discerning people would only buy tickets for the sh*t show value, plus any peripheral talent that might accidently trip onto the stage.  I have read of folks here that either attended or knew of those attending, and were entertained, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .

• Love 6
3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I would like to think that discerning people would only buy tickets for the sh*t show value, plus any peripheral talent that might accidently trip onto the stage.  I have read of folks here that either attended or knew of those attending, and were entertained, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .

This is hilarious. LoveLoveLove.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Diane Mars said:

What is... that ?!?!?

Capture.PNG

Luann graduated from the Rex Harrison School of Speak Singing. To say that she graduated is a bit of a misnomer. It's a pass fail school; passing is determined by attendance, which Luann did, but she spent the entire time smoking behind the school and making out with boys.

If Luann was a remotely thoughtful person, she'd be epically pissed that Megyn Kelly decided to use Luann's Diana Ross costume as an example of why blackface is ok. I'd be like "Don't drag me into your mess Fox Barbie."

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Luann graduated from the Rex Harrison School of Speak Singing. To say that she graduated is a bit of a misnomer. It's a pass fail school; passing is determined by attendance, which Luann did, but she spent the entire time smoking behind the school and making out with boys.

If Luann was a remotely thoughtful person, she'd be epically pissed that Megyn Kelly decided to use Luann's Diana Ross costume as an example of why blackface is ok. I'd be like "Don't drag me into your mess Fox Barbie."

FYI - Not on Fox any longer.  She's an NBC babe now.  

• Love 1
On 10/23/2018 at 10:39 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Warning:  NSFEars

Is she sing-talking live over the track?   

Lu gestures toward the flat screen TV in the clubhouse when she delivers the line about them capturing every day of her life on TV. What’s campier than camp?

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 4