Type keyword(s) to search

LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Does Lu realize she has a terrible singing voice - is she a comedy act or what?

I wonder that everytime I hear her. Is she tone deaf?

As an aside, I wish I was born without shame, because it looks like fun to not care what others think of you. Or to be clueless. 

• Love 18

Is Lu back in rehab or what? They replayed her appearance on "WWHL" last nite and from what little I watched, she must not be ready to be sober and open! She denied so much of what the girls said about her at the reunion! She not only wasn't thrown out of that party, she wasn't even there! Poor, pathetic thing is in complete denial; now this crap with her kids! WOW, what a mess! ;-(

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, Fiero425 said:

Is Lu back in rehab or what? They replayed her appearance on "WWHL" last nite and from what little I watched, she must not be ready to be sober and open! She denied so much of what the girls said about her at the reunion! She not only wasn't thrown out of that party, she wasn't even there! Poor, pathetic thing is in complete denial; now this crap with her kids! WOW, what a mess! ;-(

Lu said she felt betrayed when her ex and kids brought the lawsuit, when the point was that she had betrayed them.

Yep, denial - plus projection.

• Love 14

Just a silly nitpick: Why does everyone pronounce “de Lesseps” as DEL luh seps? 

My French teacher taught me, “C’est la spécialité de la maison.”

“de” with the “oo” sound, as in “put.”

I think only Alexandre pronounces it the way I was taught. 

Maybe it’s just easier?

But even Lu pronounces it the first way...

And she speaks French (with a bad accent).

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 2

My French teachers taught the me the same, Hoodooznoodooz. 

I think they'd say it's duhlesSEP (but that sound is like the vowel sound in the word "derp", sorta. We don't really have that sound in English -- you kind of have to retrain your mouth to make those sounds, different tongue placement or sumpthin.

• Love 2
On 9/12/2018 at 1:33 PM, nexxie said:

Lu said she felt betrayed when her ex and kids brought the lawsuit, when the point was that she had betrayed them.

Yep, denial - plus projection.

Totally. I was shocked. She called it a hiccup ! A hiccup??? And she doubled down on it with arrogance the entire half hour.

• Love 10

For anyone who will be in the area of Huntington, Long Island on 12/21/18: Groupon is now offering discounted tickets for "Countess Luann and Her Holiday Cabaret Show" at the 'cavernous" Paramount Theatre. They're "selling fast" at $25, priced down from $66.75. Any takers?

• Love 8
On 9/14/2018 at 10:54 AM, Jel said:

My French teachers taught the me the same, Hoodooznoodooz. 

I think they'd say it's duhlesSEP (but that sound is like the vowel sound in the word "derp", sorta. We don't really have that sound in English -- you kind of have to retrain your mouth to make those sounds, different tongue placement or sumpthin.

Thank you for confirming this, Jel! Every time someone says the name, I furrow my unBotoxed brow.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mannahatta said:

For anyone who will be in the area of Huntington, Long Island on 12/21/18: Groupon is now offering discounted tickets for "Countess Luann and Her Holiday Cabaret Show" at the 'cavernous" Paramount Theatre. They're "selling fast" at $25, priced down from $66.75. Any takers?

I have this hazy memory of an Econ class... a graph of some type... there was a supply of something? But wait! Also a demand...? I dunno...

LuAnn sings? 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, Mannahatta said:

And if anyone goes can you please report back!

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

She opens her mouth and sound comes out but I wouldn't call it singing.

Sooooooo happy that you are posting again. Your posts are always valuable and interesting to read, no matter which HW you’re commenting on. I know we’re not agreeing on Bethenny right now, but I believe and hope that we will always agree on the royal chanteuse. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 5
On 9/11/2018 at 11:21 PM, chewycandy said:

Yeah her hats aren’t bad. The jacket was giving me Dorothy Zbornak vibes :)

Yes, I totally see Dorothy, even in how she’s holding her left arm close to her body. ?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Sooooooo happy that you are posting again. Your posts are always interesting and valuable to read, no matter which HW you’re commenting on. I know we’re not agreeing on Bethenny right now, but I believe and hope that we will always agree on the royal chanteuse. 

Aww, thanks! I mostly stick to the personal threads of the older cast members.  I haven't commented much because I didn't actually watch the season until I had a cold a couple of weeks ago and I binge watched under the influence of Nyquil (I stopped watching right before they all got diarrhea, tho. I figured it's enough of a shit show without actual shit). 

Speaking of shit, Luann sure is one.  I had her pegged from the first season where it was clear she was a stuck up phony and a crummy mother.  I'm not surprised at all that she has ripped off her kids. They were never her priority.  She always treated them more like accessories in her life, just something she produced because it was expected of her and kept around because they were decorative.  They make for nice pictures and stuff, lol. Okay, okay ... I know that's too harsh.  I'm just trying to make my point.  I'm sure Luann loves her kids. But I don't think she has the relationship with them she wants people to think she has.  I don't think much of her life is the way she wants people to think it is, actually. She wants to come across as a glamorous chanteuse but the reality is that she's a twice divorced 50+ year old woman battling a drinking problem that got her in a ton of legal trouble with kids who are suing her and who depends on whoring herself out on a reality show for a living. She'd have no singing career without the show, and both will eventually come to an end.  She apparently cannot make it through the night without a man, and too often liquor and desperation appear to be her matchmaker.  

I don't know what Luann sees when she looks in the mirror - the classy but slinky seductress who people are lining up to see, or an aging alcoholic with legal, financial, and family troubles ... but if she doesn't find a path to health and stability soon, she's going to end up in Sonja territory - a broke ass,  promiscuous drunk clinging to her past with people alternating between laughing at her and pitying her.  Unlike Sonja, however, I think Luann is capable of pulling herself out of her downward spiral because she is smarter and has more insight than Sonja.  Lately those traits seem dormant, but I do wish her well.  She still has the opportunity to truly reinvent herself, if only she would realize that she needs to.

• Love 19
15 hours ago, Mannahatta said:

$25?   OMG!   Sounds like LuAnn's cabaret career is tanking.    Huntington, Long Island is not far from where I live but I wouldn't go see her show if it was free.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Aww, thanks! I mostly stick to the personal threads of the older cast members.  I haven't commented much because I didn't actually watch the season until I had a cold a couple of weeks ago and I binge watched under the influence of Nyquil (I stopped watching right before they all got diarrhea, tho. I figured it's enough of a shit show without actual shit). 

Speaking of shit, Luann sure is one.  I had her pegged from the first season where it was clear she was a stuck up phony and a crummy mother.  I'm not surprised at all that she has ripped off her kids. They were never her priority.  She always treated them more like accessories in her life, just something she produced because it was expected of her and kept around because they were decorative.  They make for nice pictures and stuff, lol. Okay, okay ... I know that's too harsh.  I'm just trying to make my point.  I'm sure Luann loves her kids. But I don't think she has the relationship with them she wants people to think she has.  I don't think much of her life is the way she wants people to think it is, actually. She wants to come across as a glamorous chanteuse but the reality is that she's a twice divorced 50+ year old woman battling a drinking problem that got her in a ton of legal trouble with kids who are suing her and who depends on whoring herself out on a reality show for a living. She'd have no singing career without the show, and both will eventually come to an end.  She apparently cannot make it through the night without a man, and too often liquor and desperation appear to be her matchmaker.  

I don't know what Luann sees when she looks in the mirror - the classy but slinky seductress who people are lining up to see, or an aging alcoholic with legal, financial, and family troubles ... but if she doesn't find a path to health and stability soon, she's going to end up in Sonja territory - a broke ass,  promiscuous drunk clinging to her past with people alternating between laughing at her and pitying her.  Unlike Sonja, however, I think Luann is capable of pulling herself out of her downward spiral because she is smarter and has more insight than Sonja.  Lately those traits seem dormant, but I do wish her well.  She still has the opportunity to truly reinvent herself, if only she would realize that she needs to.

No one has summarized Lu’s current life so accurately. 

Bolded is hilarious. 

• Love 5

It's no longer just hinted at or suggested, LuAnn's ego has officially reached the stratosphere.  

From her Instagram:  "I know it’s only September but I have a Christmas gift for you! We just added more dates for #countessandfriends."

Dear God.  All that talk of humility after being arrested for being dangerously drunk and assaulting/threatening the police, was clearly just lip service.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Looks like Lu may have a poppy seed in her teeth.  Who wants to tell her?

Screenshot (214).png

Poppy seeds can cause people to fail a drug test. Oh, that’s right. Lu doesn’t have to have drug testing with her probation. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Poppy seeds can cause people to fail a drug test. Oh, that’s right. Lu doesn’t have to have drug testing with her probation. 

No, she got drive by probation.  She merely has Driver take her past the building, while her PO stands at the curb and throws roses.  It's a neat deal.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I read that Lu would be subjected to random drug testing, which she would have to pay for. And that her plea deal also included 50 hours of community service, having to attend AA meetings twice a week for a year and that she could not possess or consume alcohol or drugs for that period. She certainly could have been given a tougher deal, but it also isn't a slap on the wrist. 

There was speculation that Lu may have been the subject of a blind item regarding a Howife that would be stepping back to become a "friend of" to deal with her personal life. Doesn't appear to be Lu, since they have already started filming the new season. I wonder if they will film her carrying out the terms of her deal? 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I read that Lu would be subjected to random drug testing, which she would have to pay for. And that her plea deal also included 50 hours of community service, having to attend AA meetings twice a week for a year and that she could not possess or consume alcohol or drugs for that period. She certainly could have been given a tougher deal, but it also isn't a slap on the wrist. 

There was speculation that Lu may have been the subject of a blind item regarding a Howife that would be stepping back to become a "friend of" to deal with her personal life. Doesn't appear to be Lu, since they have already started filming the new season. I wonder if they will film her carrying out the terms of her deal? 

I also read a Blind allegedly to be attributed to Lu. That she was still drinking and putting vodka in her water bottle or having someone carry something of a similar nature for her. Time will tell. 

I also read the one that said she’d be reduced to a “Friend of”.  With her cabaret act and family drama I’m sure that Andy would want to capitalize on her problems.

• Love 6
On 9/21/2018 at 7:14 AM, Mindthinkr said:

I bet Luann intentionally put that poppy seed in her tooth, took that picture, and then she posted it on purpose. It's all a plot so that when she fails her drug test, she can say "oh silly me, I ate a poppy seed bagel, look here's the proof."

I am only half joking.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I bet Luann intentionally put that poppy seed in her tooth, took that picture, and then she posted it on purpose. It's all a plot so that when she fails her drug test, she can say "oh silly me, I ate a poppy seed bagel, look here's the proof."

I am only half joking.

This is a serious question, exactly what drug would you fail - or test positive for if you had poppy seeds?

Speaking of Luann, Queen Latifah was on WWHL and she didn't know Luann referenced her 4 times this season on the show

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I am only half joking.

True. She’d test positive for opioids. What’s she going to do to hide her marijuana usage? (They make stuff sold in Head shops that you can drink and beat a drug test for that although some tests also check for the presence of said drink). She might have yet another downfall if she hasn’t learned anything from this one.   

3 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

This is a serious question, exactly what drug would you fail - or test positive for if you had poppy seeds?

I used to drug test nurses and Doctors for the state. You’d be amazed at how they try to beat these tests. When they told me I’d have to do a gynecological exam before watching the piss test I said enough. I’m done doing this. 

Poppy seeds fail you on the opioids portion of the test. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I am only half joking.

Is she going to flip out on the person who posted the picture "How dare you post a picture of me with a poppy seed in my teeth when you KNOW I'm on probation!" like when Ramona posted the photo of her at the dinner table with wine glasses?

• Love 11
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

Is she going to flip out on the person who posted the picture "How dare you post a picture of me with a poppy seed in my teeth when you KNOW I'm on probation!" like when Ramona posted the photo of her at the dinner table with wine glasses?

Two things; 1) Looks like she took the selfie, which would tell me that she posted it.  2) I was half kidding about the poppy seed.  It could actually be just a random space that looks like a poppy seed when photographed.

• Love 2