Type keyword(s) to search

LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, JennyMominFL said:

I would like to believe that she uses that crepe erase i see advertised on TV. I want to believe that can be fixed for $30

Crepe erase is nothing - that TV commercial is puffing (tm Judge Judy) at its finest.  It's just skin lotion; the effect is temporary.  In fact, you can get the exact same effect with ANY ordinary lotion.  Try it and see for yourself.  

Now that Plexaderm stuff -- that's for real.  But I notice the commercial doesn't tell you how much they charge for it, so I'm waiting for one of my friends to buy it first.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 1

There’s some stuff called Instant FirmX bu Peter Thomas Roth that works like Plexaderm. If you have a Sephora nearby they might carry it. It’s $48. I saw it on some home shopping channel and it really worked. 

• Love 3
On 8/1/2018 at 9:20 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm searching for input on Luann's legal battle with her adult children.  I hope this is the right place. I didn't see it anywhere. 

Does anyone know WHY she would have agreed to turn over a LARGE bulk of the marital estate (her SHARE) to her adult children?  Rarely, is that done and I don't understand why her attorney would have advised her to do that.  Children are not really entitled to marital assets, so this is confusing to me.  

https://www.etonline.com/luann-de-lesseps-sued-by-her-ex-husband-and-their-kids-106059

The asset was the family residence vacation home in the Hamptons owned 50/50 by The Count and Lu.  Lu was awarded her half, plus the right to live in the family residence. 

The Count elected to give his half interest in the family residence to their children in trust for their future security, so when Lu put the Manhattan family residence up for sale, the decree settling the divorce ordered her to place 50% of the net proceeds into trust for their two children. 

She didn't do that.  So when The Count found out, he petitioned the court to block the sale of her Sag Harbor home (which she purchased with the proceeds from the sale of that Manhattan residence) until the matter is sorted out as to whatever Lu did with The Count's half of the net proceeds.

Edited by Anne Thrax
Fixed the error.
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

so when Lu put the Manhattan family residence up for sale, t

It was their Hamptons house. I believe they were renting in Manhattan.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

It was their Hamptons house. I believe they were renting in Manhattan.

I stand corrected -- I knew it was one of the properties we'd seen, and was reciting it from my faulty memory.  Now that I think about it, I remember she did move from the Manhattan condo out to the Hamptons. (forehead slap)

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, QuinnM said:

And I would just like to note that the women in NY consistently get better ‘work’ than those in BH or OC.

Indeed! I’ve often heard that in LA/BH, it’s almost considered chic and a sign of wealth to look “done”, whereas in the fashionable circles of Manhattan, the ideal is to look as natural and untouched as humanly possible. I agree that these gals all maintain an overall natural look(Carole is the only one who looks overworked a bit) in comparison to most of the other franchises...and excluding Atlanta and Potomac because those ladies(sans wax figure Kim Z) are further proof that black don’t crack.

• Love 5

Page Six is reporting at Luann is sitting down with Meghan Kelly tomorrow.  Set your DVRs.  The countess speaks, and not with Andy.  So I’m guessing she’s getting some good money for this.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Page Six is reporting at Luann is sitting down with Meghan Kelly tomorrow.  Set your DVRs.  The countess speaks, and not with Andy.  So I’m guessing she’s getting some good money for this.

Today Omarosa, tomorrow Luann -- somewhere Pat Weaver weeps.

• Love 4

I know I am building it up but....

Mindthinkr, I don't want to mislead you. It probably won't have hawt, HAWT! lez action between Luann and my precious Megyn...

If Megyn had stayed at Fox, maybe....

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

I know I am building it up but....

Mindthinkr, I don't want to mislead you. It probably won't have hawt, HAWT! lez action between Luann and my precious Megyn...

If Megyn had stayed at Fox, maybe....

1 minute ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I'll sum it up for you - 

More centered - yoga - sort of roofied - occasional glass of wine - not an alcoholic - misunderstanding - Cabaret - Countess - that darn Sawnya - poor Bethenny - house money misunderstanding - a la francaise.

Y’all are making me laugh so hard I’m coughing! 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Andy will make her pay!

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Fiero425 said:

"WWHL" is on hiatus! Can he fault her? ;-)

He did the last interview atvher Hamptons home. I can’t remembered if it played during the wwhl time slot but I can’t beliebe he wouldn’t make her pay through her veneers for letting someone else scoop him.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, bagger said:

He did the last interview atvher Hamptons home. I can’t remembered if it played during the wwhl time slot but I can’t beliebe he wouldn’t make her pay through her veneers for letting someone else scoop him.

I agree!  I'm sure he's already pissed that she skipped the reunion.

• Love 9

I wonder if LuAnn will be demoted next season as a result of her playing fast and loose to miss the reunion. Although a demotion would work for her because then she wouldn’t even be around enough for talk of the lawsuit to come up if she’s only a “friend of” next season. 

• Love 3

So I’m guessing she’s getting some good money for this.

I don't think the "serious" networks pay for interviews. If that's still true, then Luann's agent may have a plan to try to move her beyond RHONY. She may be trying to go for an entertainment career.

There’s some stuff called Instant FirmX bu Peter Thomas Roth that works like Plexaderm.

Years ago a company called Taut sold a similar product. I used it on special occasions; it worked for several hours.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 1

Luann just claimed she's allergic to alcohol. Alcohol doesn't affect her like other people. She can't have 1 or 2 glasses of wine, she drinks the whole bottle, and then looks for more....No Luann, that's not an allergic reaction, that's a symptom of alcoholism. Wake up, the coffee is burning. I'd give her a quarter to buy a clue, but God only knows what would happen to it.

When asked about the lawsuit she said the kids aren't happy with her selling the home in The Hamptons, it's their home too, so The Count decided to sue her. No mention of breach of contract or bilking her kids out of their money. She decided to keep the house "for the children".

Oh, Luann..to quote Tamra (OC-at least I think it was her), Is your ass jealous of the shit that comes out of your mouth?

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

Luann just claimed she's allergic to alcohol. Alcohol doesn't affect her like other people. She can't have 1 or 2 glasses of wine, she drinks the whole bottle, and then looks for more....No Luann, that's not an allergic reaction, that's a symptom of alcoholism. Wake up, the coffee is burning. I'd give her a quarter to buy a clue, but God only knows what would happen to it.

When asked about the lawsuit she said the kids aren't happy with her selling the home in The Hamptons, it's their home too, so The Count decided to sue her. No mention of breach of contract or bilking her kids out of their money. She decided to keep the house "for the children".

Oh, Luann..to quote Tamra (OC-at least I think it was here), Is your ass jealous of the shit that comes out of your mouth?

In defense of Luann, the "allergy to alcohol" thing is a super-common saying that comes out of The Rooms (AA). People don't really take it literally, in that we believe our throat will close up or whatever, just that our body processes alcohol differently and craves more after one or two drinks, whereas the normal person doesn't.

RE: Rehab - sadly, an expert in this. Rehab, contrary to what most people think, isn't exclusively for the wealthy. I went to rehab, as did several people in my life close to me. We're all solidly upper-middle class. I went to rehab for alcohol for 35 days, followed by another two months of intensive outpatient therapy and three more months of CBT on top of working a program. I've been sober for a year and a half now. 30-90 days tends to be commonplace for most rehabs. Any longer, you can be institutionalized and forget how to operate in the real world - it's important to gain some semblance of a routine as a functioning adult. I've known of people who go away for six to twelve months and then relapse immediately once they're exposed to the "real world" again. You are truly cut off in rehab, no matter how luxury the place is. Many times, when someone relapses, they often do just go back for 2 or so weeks as a "stabilizer" (not counting any detox time). Most times people do know what led them to their relapse, they aren't starting at square one again.

Edited by againstthewind
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, againstthewind said:

Rehab, contrary to what most people think, isn't exclusively for the wealthy.

Congrats on your sobriety!

And AA is free.  All day, every day.  

Most rehabs use the steps and traditions of AA, and you don't need insurance or money in your pocket if you need help.. I understand that there are many paths to sobriety, I just think it bears repeating that free services are available, any time, to anyone who needs it.

Edited by OldButHappy
Congrats
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I'll sum it up for you - 

More centered - yoga - sort of roofied - occasional glass of wine - not an alcoholic - misunderstanding - Cabaret - Countess - that darn Sawnya - poor Bethenny - house money misunderstanding - a la francaise.

Ha!  Agree 100%.  I would add one small edit:  everywhere you have a hyphen, I would substitute "Countess".

• Love 5
On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 1:49 AM, Sun-Bun said:

Indeed! I’ve often heard that in LA/BH, it’s almost considered chic and a sign of wealth to look “done”, whereas in the fashionable circles of Manhattan, the ideal is to look as natural and untouched as humanly possible. I agree that these gals all maintain an overall natural look(Carole is the only one who looks overworked a bit) in comparison to most of the other franchises...and excluding Atlanta and Potomac because those ladies(sans wax figure Kim Z) are further proof that black don’t crack.

Well, mission accomplished IMO.

• Love 4
On 8/8/2018 at 9:13 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

I remember when photos of Tara Reid circulated a few years ago showing a similar condition on her stomach.  It was blamed on "bad" surgery (I presume lipo).  Whether or not it can be remedied, I don't know.  Lu's photos could be edited, but it wouldn't explain her appearance on the show, which doesn't look like that at all.

Yeah I feel like if she always looked crepe-y, we would see it on the show.  I think the first picture in the blue suit was just an unfortunate angle and probably had something to do with the way she was turning.  I have seen pictures of myself with skin looking "off," not as bad as this, but similar and it was just the way I was moving.

She may be using a filter for her instagram, but she can't filter the show.  We have seen her body on the show and her skin is amazing!

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Mozelle said:

I wonder if LuAnn will be demoted next season as a result of her playing fast and loose to miss the reunion.

She will be relegated to holding umbrella's for the other castmates.   Or being the bathroom attendant at The Regency.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

If that's still true, then Luann's agent may have a plan to try to move her beyond RHONY. She may be trying to go for an entertainment career.

Remember when she had that small role on SVU?  She wasn't, like, memorably awful... so who knows?

• Love 4

Wow! Lu said in the interview that the night she fell off the wagon she had 3 watermelon martini's, then finished off 2 bottles of wine and a six pack of beer. By herself! Holy shit, this woman is hard core. How can she hold that much liquor in her? She said she has no self control when it comes to booze and can never stop at just 2 drinks. She's going to have a very long road to go if she wants to continue to go out often and hang out at the Regis and wherever else her social NYC friends go. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Wow! Lu said in the interview that the night she fell off the wagon she had 3 watermelon martini's, then finished off 2 bottles of wine and a six pack of beer. By herself! Holy shit, this woman is hard core. How can she hold that much liquor in her? She said she has no self control when it comes to booze and can never stop at just 2 drinks. She's going to have a very long road to go if she wants to continue to go out often and hang out at the Regis and wherever else her social NYC friends go. 

I know -- how can anyone drink like this without requiring immediate medical intervention? 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

Any more tea LuAnn spilled? I'm not giving Megyn Kelly any clicks lol

She talked about how the lawsuit with her ex and kids devastated her. I didn't see the interview, I read it on Page Six. 

5 minutes ago, SCS said:

I know -- how can anyone drink like this without requiring immediate medical intervention? 

It amazes me, I don't know but I bet Dorinda drinks just as much behind closed doors, too! 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

She talked about how the lawsuit with her ex and kids devastated her. I didn't see the interview, I read it on Page Six. 

It amazes me, I don't know but I bet Dorinda drinks just as much behind closed doors, too! 

Thanks! I'll check out Page Six for the recap.

It amazes me that LuAnn would talk about all the drinks she loves to drink and then have the audacity to say about Dorinda that "she's starting to turn." I don't care much for Dorinda, but now I can see why she'd go off on LuAnn who not only was off the heels of "rehab" and assaulting an officer and the like, but who is no stranger to knocking back and mixing alcohols. LuAnn does all of this but still does not call herself an alcoholic. Yet she sure could clutch her pearls at what Dorinda said about her.

• Love 10

My thinking is that if you are in treatment for alcohol abuse, you are an alcoholic...Lu is kidding herself if she thinks that does not describe her.

7 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

It amazes me that LuAnn would talk about all the drinks she loves to drink and then have the audacity to say about Dorinda that "she's starting to turn." I don't care much for Dorinda, but now I can see why she'd go off on LuAnn who not only was off the heels of "rehab" and assaulting an officer and the like, but who is no stranger to knocking back and mixing alcohols. LuAnn does all of this but still does not call herself an alcoholic. Yet she sure could clutch her pearls at what Dorinda said about her.

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I didn't watch Megan Kelly in the morning so I'm not sure if this is the entire interview

Thanks for posting that clip.

OMG!   LuAnn is such a liar about the house, the kids, the law suit.  

Does she think we don't have Internet access or can't read? 

• Love 6

I just went back looked through this thread. Prior to Luann's terrible decision-making with Tom her thread was 9 pages long. Even after her marriage to Tom, the thread had only grown to about 17 pages. Once she announced her divorce a year ago, the thread has ballooned to it's current length. She has had at least 18 months of spectacularly terrible decisions. There has been this weird bit of desperation motivating her decisions in the past 2 years. I don't know if it's just show related, but she's been unraveling for quite some time.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

Thanks for posting that clip.

OMG!   LuAnn is such a liar about the house, the kids, the law suit.  

Does she think we don't have Internet access or can't read? 

I wasn't expecting Luann to be truthful about the house, kids, lawsuit.

What interested me was her comment of her and Dorinda still not being in a good place.

It will be interesting how "Dorinda" will be when they start filming in October. With Carole out, she has Ramona and Tinsley. Dorinda's MO is to have someone else do her dirty work. Tinsley will just cry and whine. Ramona gets flustered - she can scream but then she says things like you were having sex on a waterbed - gibberish.

Will Dorinda, suck up to both Bethenny and Luann? She is not going to suck up to Sonja

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I wasn't expecting Luann to be truthful about the house, kids, lawsuit.

What interested me was her comment of her and Dorinda still not being in a good place.

It will be interesting how "Dorinda" will be when they start filming in October. With Carole out, she has Ramona and Tinsley. Dorinda's MO is to have someone else do her dirty work. Tinsley will just cry and whine. Ramona gets flustered - she can scream but then she says things like you were having sex on a waterbed - gibberish.

Will Dorinda, suck up to both Bethenny and Luann? She is not going to suck up to Sonja

I have a feeling Dorinda is going to have a hard time next season and IMHO it's long overdue.   The group dynamic isn't going to change much unless they bring in a new HW.    And even if they do, she'll be the newbie without too much influence. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Above and beyond my amazement that she could hold so much booze is the fact that she mixed the grapes and grain. (Wine and beer) Not to mention that the sugar in those martinis...most people would be praying to the porcelain God. 

• Love 4
On 8/14/2018 at 8:21 AM, againstthewind said:

In defense of Luann, the "allergy to alcohol" thing is a super-common saying that comes out of The Rooms (AA). People don't really take it literally, in that we believe our throat will close up or whatever, just that our body processes alcohol differently and craves more after one or two drinks, whereas the normal person doesn't.

RE: Rehab - sadly, an expert in this. Rehab, contrary to what most people think, isn't exclusively for the wealthy. I went to rehab, as did several people in my life close to me. We're all solidly upper-middle class. I went to rehab for alcohol for 35 days, followed by another two months of intensive outpatient therapy and three more months of CBT on top of working a program. I've been sober for a year and a half now. 30-90 days tends to be commonplace for most rehabs. Any longer, you can be institutionalized and forget how to operate in the real world - it's important to gain some semblance of a routine as a functioning adult. I've known of people who go away for six to twelve months and then relapse immediately once they're exposed to the "real world" again. You are truly cut off in rehab, no matter how luxury the place is. Many times, when someone relapses, they often do just go back for 2 or so weeks as a "stabilizer" (not counting any detox time). Most times people do know what led them to their relapse, they aren't starting at square one again.

A sincere congratulations on your year and a half, that is a hell of an accomplishment.  I haven't had a drop of alcohol since 12/29/1995 and I can tell you it gets so much easier. I don't even think about alcohol anymore. 

Had to edit,  I've been sober since 1995, not 85. So sorry for the typo. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 19
9 hours ago, againstthewind said:

Thanks for sharing your experience and expertise.  I never looked at the shorter term in that way.  Makes sense now that you explain it.

• Love 4

Now if I had creative control of the opening, everyone would still be well dressed, but Luann would be on a silver platter with the apple in her mouth.

I have never liked her. Never will.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I didn't watch Megan Kelly in the morning so I'm not sure if this is the entire interview

Lu was talking so fast it made me think she traded booze for some kind of pep pills. Or, now that I googled the house lawsuit, maybe she was talking fast because she was spinning, spinning, spinning.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I just went back looked through this thread. Prior to Luann's terrible decision-making with Tom her thread was 9 pages long. Even after her marriage to Tom, the thread had only grown to about 17 pages. Once she announced her divorce a year ago, the thread has ballooned to it's current length. She has had at least 18 months of spectacularly terrible decisions. There has been this weird bit of desperation motivating her decisions in the past 2 years. I don't know if it's just show related, but she's been unraveling for quite some time.

It's rich coming from the DM, but still had to think that it must sting for Luann to know they are now basically characterizing that way also:

LuAnn de Lesseps, the scandal-prone Real Housewife of New York City who was convicted of drunkenly assaulting a police officer last year, has described in detail how she relapsed in July after being sued by her ex-husband and kids. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6059509/LuAnn-Lesseps-reveals-relapsed-watermelon-martinis-ros-six-pack-beer.html

• Love 3

Oh my precious Megyn! She looks so fantastic! You just know she and Luann had hot lez sex after! And *before*.

Don't mind me.... My sexual fantasies also include Dan Stevens and Jean Smart doing it like monkeys....

And OH! Precious Megyn and Dan "Matthew Crawley" Stevens! The babies would have such blue eyes! LET THE ANTICHRIST BE BORN! 

More seriously, jesus Luann way to throw the kids under the bus with how they selfishly wanted the home kept! Don't bother mentioning all the money details!

• Love 8