Type keyword(s) to search

LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

• Start Topic

Why LuAnn how could you take Ramona's boyfriend? Now your getting engaged! After the big deal you made about Carole dating your nieces former boy friend. Just wagging my finger at you!?!

6a00d83451b8c369e2014e5f45d120970c--1.gi

• Love 4

In Ramona's eyes, this is pretty much a declaration of war from Luanne lol

Wasn't he dating Ramona last September? I mean, that is a rather quick courtship for the Countess.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 2

LOL! Good for her. I guess no more hookups with boy toys on RHONY? She looks great in that picture, her hair and makeup look very natural and carefree.

I was thinking the same thing as LuAnn looks great and very happy in that picture.  And I agree in saying good for her!

• Love 6

Ramona and Sonja are going to dissolve into puddles of jealousy, lol. 

Now it will be Luann's turn to give Ramona dating advice, like Ramona tried to do with Bethanny way back in Lu's kitchen when she was dissing Lu for marrying a man 'twice her age.'

• Love 5
WireWrap, on 08 Feb 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

I will bet that he is THE real reason why she was so sensitive about getting caught with a guy on their trip last season. LOL

It could be. The article does say they only met 9 months ago, though, and I think filming for last season would have been over by then, right?  Of course, "9 months ago" could just be a loose interpretation of the truth!

• Love 1

It could be. The article does say they only met 9 months ago, though, and I think filming for last season would have been over by then, right?  Of course, "9 months ago" could just be a loose interpretation of the truth!

Dorinda referred to LuAnn being "in love" on the trip last season and I think it may have been him. Either that or LuAnn falls "in love" rather easily. LOL 

• Love 2

Wedding plans:

“Real Housewives of New York” star Countess LuAnn de Lesseps is planning to marry businessman Thomas D’Agostino on New Year’s Eve after they were engaged over the weekend.

D’Agostino, 49, had planned to pop the question on a Valentine’s Day trip, but he couldn’t wait and surprised de Lesseps, 50, with an 8-carat, canary yellow diamond ring at his New York apartment over the weekend.

LuAnn told us, “It was a total surprise, we were at home and he suddenly brought out this most beautiful ring and proposed. It was so romantic and unexpected, I was in tears. I am so happy.”

She said they hoped to marry either in New York or Palm Beach on December 31."

http://pagesix.com/2016/02/08/luann-de-lesseps-is-planning-a-new-years-eve-wedding/

• Love 1

Noel is 19. Victoria 21 I am guessing the child support dried up due to their ages and now they probably have trust incomes. The alimony is gone too probably. The speed of this engagement screams "security" to me, loudly. If he was a broke carribean pirate he'd just be a hook up.

• Love 5

Noel is 19. Victoria 21 I am guessing the child support dried up due to their ages and now they probably have trust incomes. The alimony is gone too probably. The speed of this engagement screams "security" to me, loudly. If he was a broke carribean pirate he'd just be a hook up.

In an article Beth says in the past he hooked up with both Ramona and Sonya. It does seem like he's fixated on the RHONY cast. Edited by talula
  • Love 2

Maybe, maybe not. It all depends on the divorce agreement, of course, but my ex was responsible for child support/his share of school expenses until the lad was through college.

Edited by Beden
  • Love 1

Dorinda referred to LuAnn being "in love" on the trip last season and I think it may have been him. Either that or LuAnn falls "in love" rather easily. LOL 

Lu's fiance better sneak a VAR in her purse when the Ho's go on vacay, because we know Lu likes to get down with random men on vacation. 

• Love 4

In an article Beth says in the past he hooked up with both Ramona and Sonya. It does seem like he's fixated on the RHONY cast.

So I guess that makes him the Slade Smiley of RHONY (he just did his romancing of all three off-camera). Look for Sonja to sharpen her claws - even if she had him first, I bet it bugs that Lu is getting married again and will enjoy a level of financial security that Sonja doesn't have.

Lu's going to have to give up her title now. I remember her mentioning that in one of the previous reunions - if she re-marries, she forfeits it.

• Love 1

So I guess that makes him the Slade Smiley of RHONY (he just did his romancing of all three off-camera). Look for Sonja to sharpen her claws - even if she had him first, I bet it bugs that Lu is getting married again and will enjoy a level of financial security that Sonja doesn't have.

Lu's going to have to give up her title now. I remember her mentioning that in one of the previous reunions - if she re-marries, she forfeits it.

I don't think she'll mind losing the title because the crown is now firmly attached on her shopping channel product. I remember when B had the SG decked out car and LuAnn sniffed at it and B called her out for being dumb. Well now LuAnn has her countess crown decked out on merchandise too.

• Love 1

LOL, I'll be the first to say I'm kind of hard on good ol' LuLu but the face in this picture says 'faking'.  I don't know.  What do you think?  I also included a link to the article but I have to confess I did not read it.  :D

luann-de-lesseps-thomas-dagostino-jr-inl

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/rhonys-luann-de-lesseps-i-want-a-big-blowout-wedding-w165131

Think it was in Bethenny/Jason divorce thread we were talking about Jill/Bethenny sitting across from each other at the wedding.  Wait....I don't think that's the kind of blowout LuLu wants.  :D :D :D

Oh....maybe not fake....maybe drunk???

• Love 2

I saw that item. It mentioned that they had only known each other for 74 days, which seems oddly hasty for the Countess (and it also means that they weren't dating during Turks and Caicos).

She wouldn't get married for the money, right, darling? That would be so déclassé, after all.

• Love 3

Arrrggggghhhhh, She be 'pirate booty', matey.

Seriously, when she had such a great career - singer, author, pillow biter - ahead of her. I guess her trying to make a million while selling her books and CDs at the 99 Cent Store (Two for a 99 Cents) is slow business.

Did her daughter finally outgrow her racist/pot smoking/rebellious years? Was that why the cntless dyes her hair?

• Love 2

Get money bitch!!

Given that it seems like most non-entertainer millionaire probably look like Donald Trump, he ain't ugly. 

I'm gonna age myself but being from the NYC metro area, I so remember the commercial for D'Agostino's supermarkert. Especially the jingle. "So please Mr. D'Agostino, move closer to me."  Effective advertising since I remember it 20 odd years later without much prompting except for the name. 

• Love 1

Does LuAnn look a little chunkier and her skin look not so great or is it me? I mean, she still looks incredible to me, but she's changed a bit.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 4

Luann is such a fucking hypocrite.

For years she got mileage about how horrible it was that Ramona mentions once in the context of a conversation with Luann, how Luann married a much older man. Years later in all sorts of conversations and in social media, Luann calls Carol all sorts of nasty names including a pedophile for dating Adam. I did the math a while ago, I don't have exact numbers now but the difference in ages between Carol/Adam and Luann/Count are similar. Luann harped about Ramona's comment for years. Luann wants Carol to drop it the season after it happened.

Can you imagine Luann's indignation if Ramona had called the count a pedophile and then texted her I'm sorry? She'd have worked it into every conversation she had on camera since the incident.

Then we have Luann explaining on camera how an issue with the roof of her mouth aides her in giving pleasurable BJs. Later we have Sonja and Ramona giggling about how they heard Luann squirts (after Luann mentions that she's been told that she is adequately moist). Luann goes off on Ramona about how vulgar she is. Luann opened the door and it was funny. Luann is every bit as vulgar if not more than Ramona.

Luann is such a fucking hypocrite. There have been so many situations like these over the years.

• Love 7
On 6/2/2016 at 10:33 AM, Sampson said:

For years she got mileage about how horrible it was that Ramona mentions once in the context of a conversation with Luann, how Luann married a much older man. Years later in all sorts of conversations and in social media, Luann calls Carol all sorts of nasty names including a pedophile for dating Adam. I did the math a while ago, I don't have exact numbers now but the difference in ages between Carol/Adam and Luann/Count are similar. Luann harped about Ramona's comment for years. Luann wants Carol to drop it the season after it happened.

Can you imagine Luann's indignation if Ramona had called the count a pedophile and then texted her I'm sorry? She'd have worked it into every conversation she had on camera since the incident.

Then we have Luann explaining on camera how an issue with the roof of her mouth aides her in giving pleasurable BJs. Later we have Sonja and Ramona giggling about how they heard Luann squirts (after Luann mentions that she's been told that she is adequately moist). Luann goes off on Ramona about how vulgar she is. Luann opened the door and it was funny. Luann is every bit as vulgar if not more than Ramona.

Luann is such a fucking hypocrite. There have been so many situations like these over the years.

Luann isn't upset about the age difference between Carole and Adam. It's clear that she's upset with the close connection that she has to Adam due to her niece and felt that Carole overstepped by coming to her home and essentially leaving with the guy that she trusted to simply be at her home to cook for her guests. It's very obvious that Luann was throwing anything and everything out there to make Carole feel bad about hooking up with Adam so that she would stop rather than simply say that she didn't think it was cool for Carole to come to her home and engage with Adam knowing that he was someone special in her niece's life.

It's also unfair to compare someone's behaviour and opinions from years ago to present. People are allowed to grow and opinions are allowed to change based on the experiences they are exposed to. It's very clear that Luann appears to be far less uptight than when she was married to some well-to-do man who had a reputation that she had to protect. That's not to say that Luann hasn't or doesn't say or do hypocritical things, but you're examples are a little off the mark or a bit unfair given that 8 years is a long to expect someone to hold steadfast to the exact same opinions and beliefs.

• Love 7
On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 7:33 AM, Sampson said:

What Ramona did in front of Luann's children is say Luann married someone twice her age.  She made it sound like he had one foot in the grave.  And once again did under the guise of elevating Mario above all the other husbands.  It was Luann's charity event and Ramona is in there putting down the Count. I would use his first name but there was a RH with his first name.  Ramona needs to think before she speaks in front of others cjildren.  She can embarrass her kid all she wants but needs to think about other people's children.

So Luann was too uptight and didn't talk enough about sex and now she talks about sex but draws the line when it sinks to bathroom levels of humor. Sonja was the one that brought up vaginal rejuvenation, Luann was telling her she was just fine in that department.   If Luann wants to talk about her parts that is fine, what is unacceptable is talking about another woman's vagina.  See Joanna Krupa vs. Brandi Glanville.

Luann simply said, to Ramona, don't be vulgar, there are gentlemen at the table.  They then started interacting with the men.  No one went off on anyone. 

Just saying someone does it doesn't make it true.

I never really liked Luann and always just believed the party line that she bludgeoned the others with her views on etiquette.  After re-watching the first season, Luann was the only one who didn't either have a meltdown, say insulting things to the others, get drunk (Bethenny twice), spout off endlessly about networking, getting her brand out there, making connections.  Her biggest crime seem to be she asked Bethenny to not introduce to the driver as Luann.  BFD.  To me, Bethenny needed a few manners, screaming at the host at a dinner held for her she would, "stab their fucking eyes out." (Oh Bethenny still behaves that way.) At Alex's birthday cocktail party on a boat, drank seven drinks got drunk and complained the tequila wasn't good enough-it wasn't clear tequila.  Luann also talked about going out on the town and did so with her niece and Bethenny.  So I am not getting the sexual hypocrisy-other than Ramona's who was kissing girls and dancing with her cooch showing.  Luann said nothing about Ramona and her prowl.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

Luann isn't upset about the age difference between Carole and Adam.

The insults she hurled were about age.

1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

It's also unfair to compare someone's behaviour and opinions from years ago to present. People are allowed to grow and opinions are allowed to change based on the experiences they are exposed to. It's very clear that Luann appears to be far less uptight than when she was married to some well-to-do man who had a reputation that she had to protect. That's not to say that Luann hasn't or doesn't say or do hypocritical things, but you're examples are a little off the mark or a bit unfair given that 8 years is a long to expect someone to hold steadfast to the exact same opinions and beliefs.

Luann was married to someone of a similar age difference for many years. Eight years going by does not allow for her to shame Carol for a similar age difference without hypocrisy.

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Luann simply said, to Ramona, don't be vulgar, there are gentlemen at the table.  They then started interacting with the men.  No one went off on anyone. 

Just saying someone does it doesn't make it true.

Luann also went on about it on WWHL. BTW, I believe it was actually Sonja that said it. I suppose she can't go against Sonja since she is living part time at Grey Gardens. That's another bit of hypocrisy.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Sampson said:

The insults she hurled were about age.

Luann was married to someone of a similar age difference for many years. Eight years going by does not allow for her to shame Carol for a similar age difference without hypocrisy.

And so what? My point was that age wasn't the real reason behind Luann's disapproval of the relationship. It makes zero sense that that would be the issue because Carole is hardly the only friend of Luann's who has dated a much younger man. Yes, on the face it would seem hypocritical but again, there's little reason for me to believe that the age was an issue. Age was used as the primary detractor in hopes that Carole would end the relationship.

But if you want to argue that particularly point, the age difference between Luann and her ex was small enough that it would be unlikely that he would be old enough to be her father. The age difference between Carole and Adam would most certainly make her old enough to be his mother (there are a lot more 21 year old women having babies than 16 year old boys). And if you want to add another factor - you are comparing a relationship where two parties saw a future together with marriage and children to another relationship where there are only about "5 good summers left". 

18 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Luann also went on about it on WWHL. BTW, I believe it was actually Sonja that said it. I suppose she can't go against Sonja since she is living part time at Grey Gardens. That's another bit of hypocrisy.

What your describing here is not hypocrisy.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Sampson said:

On WWHL, Andy started to ask about it stopped because it was a little embarrassing for him and Luann simply said, "it was a vulgar comment."  She answered a question with five words and didn't go on about it.  She was being put on the spot.  Ramona brought it up and Sonja actually finished the comment.  The response was directed at the two of them-"don't be vulgar."  It is not about going against someone it is about keeping things real but not cringeworthy.  Has Luann gone after either of them for the comment?  No she has said it was vulgar.

Not everything is hypocritical.  Luann did not appreciate their comments about her.  Had she laughed it up told a joke and taken a victory laqp for being a squirter and then later said on WWHL said it was vulgar, that would be hypocritical.  She was being consistent.

Having a differing standards for one considers to be out of bounds doesn't make them a hypocrite.  For example I think peeing on camera, on the side of the road, in a champagne bucket, dancing on dining tables is something I don't really want to see and I think it breaches social boundaries.  Having said that if I want to tell a dirty joke or dance wildly on the dance floor doesn't make me a hypocrite because I don't think the aforementioned behavior is impolite.  

• Love 6
18 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

On WWHL, Andy started to ask about it stopped because it was a little embarrassing for him and Luann simply said, "it was a vulgar comment."  She answered a question with five words and didn't go on about it.  She was being put on the spot.  Ramona brought it up and Sonja actually finished the comment.  The response was directed at the two of them-"don't be vulgar."  It is not about going against someone it is about keeping things real but not cringeworthy.  Has Luann gone after either of them for the comment?  No she has said it was vulgar.

Not everything is hypocritical.  Luann did not appreciate their comments about her.  Had she laughed it up told a joke and taken a victory laqp for being a squirter and then later said on WWHL said it was vulgar, that would be hypocritical.  She was being consistent.

Having a differing standards for one considers to be out of bounds doesn't make them a hypocrite.  For example I think peeing on camera, on the side of the road, in a champagne bucket, dancing on dining tables is something I don't really want to see and I think it breaches social boundaries.  Having said that if I want to tell a dirty joke or dance wildly on the dance floor doesn't make me a hypocrite because I don't think the aforementioned behavior is impolite.  

I'm so glad you pointed that out with an example and referencing the WWHL segment (I didn't see it myself to comment on Luann's words) because a lot of people throw around the word hypocrite when in truth, hypocrisy is when you preach and base your opinion of others to your particular moral standards but behave opposite to those beliefs. It's a harsher degree of being contradicting because in this case, you are contradicting your supposed values, and your values define your character.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

And so what? My point was that age wasn't the real reason behind Luann's disapproval of the relationship. It makes zero sense that that would be the issue because Carole is hardly the only friend of Luann's who has dated a much younger man. Yes, on the face it would seem hypocritical but again, there's little reason for me to believe that the age was an issue. Age was used as the primary detractor in hopes that Carole would end the relationship.

But if you want to argue that particularly point, the age difference between Luann and her ex was small enough that it would be unlikely that he would be old enough to be her father. The age difference between Carole and Adam would most certainly make her old enough to be his mother (there are a lot more 21 year old women having babies than 16 year old boys). And if you want to add another factor - you are comparing a relationship where two parties saw a future together with marriage and children to another relationship where there are only about "5 good summers left". 

What your describing here is not hypocrisy.

I'm not sure how this wasn't hypocrisy, nor do I agree that Lu didn't act like the age thing was part of the problem.  If she didn't have an issue with the age deal, why did she continuously bring it up to shame Carole? If she was really upset about the Niece, why did she say it would be OK for Carole to have fun with him, but not have a relationship with him? She made it sound like just having a one night stand with him would have been fine, but don't go trying to put a ring on it. Since she did more than have a couple of one night stands with the Count and his big age difference, how in the world is it not hypocritical for her to say that Carole was wrong? Is there a specific number of years that would elevate this to hypocrisy? As far as I am aware, hypocrisy is judging another person for behavior that you yourself have engaged in. Both Carole and Lu had relationships with people where large age gaps prevailed. As far as I am aware, Carole never judged Lu for marrying a much older man. It seems like whenever we talk about hypocrisy, there are always examples put forward to show that two situations are not exactly the same. No two situations are ever exactly the same, but doesn't mean that hypocrisy doesn't exist. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I'm not sure how this wasn't hypocrisy, nor do I agree that Lu didn't act like the age thing was part of the problem.  If she didn't have an issue with the age deal, why did she continuously bring it up to shame Carole? If she was really upset about the Niece, why did she say it would be OK for Carole to have fun with him, but not have a relationship with him? She made it sound like just having a one night stand with him would have been fine, but don't go trying to put a ring on it. Since she did more than have a couple of one night stands with the Count and his big age difference, how in the world is it not hypocritical for her to say that Carole was wrong? Is there a specific number of years that would elevate this to hypocrisy? As far as I am aware, hypocrisy is judging another person for behavior that you yourself have engaged in. Both Carole and Lu had relationships with people where large age gaps prevailed. As far as I am aware, Carole never judged Lu for marrying a much older man. It seems like whenever we talk about hypocrisy, there are always examples put forward to show that two situations are not exactly the same. No two situations are ever exactly the same, but doesn't mean that hypocrisy doesn't exist. 

As I said, on the face of it, it's hypocritical so I never denied it to be hypocritical but we differ in what we perceive Luann's true feelings to be and I feel that is where the crux of the hypocrisy issue lay. Does Luann shame every older woman that dates a younger man? Have we see her go to such lengths with Sonja? Do we know of a consistent pattern in a similar fashion to other women? I'm not aware of any other examples so the question is, why did she do it with Carole? Then I consider the other factors involved in the Carole and Adam's relationship and I see the age shaming thing to be, while on the face of it hypocritical, I don't see it as being the main culprit to Luann's disapproval of their relationship.  I don't know how anyone who watched last season unfold could say that Luann was consistent with her feelings about the situation. When Luann and Carole first started discussing it, Luann wanted to brush it off as some minor relationship and she made throwaway digs that Carole saw through. When the relationship started getting more serious (particularly after the season ended), Luann became more nasty and direct with her comments about Carole. Those comments were not all centred around age.

My point is that I don't think Luann is truly holding a different standard for Carole than what she holds for herself as it relates to age. Carole already knew about her niece dating Adam and that wasn't enough to dissuade Carole from pursuing something with Adam so Luann likely felt that she needed something else under her arsenal and that's where the age thing and inappropriate guest comments came from as well. Luann threw anything and everything at the wall, hoping that something would stick. One thing not many people are factoring in is whether Nicole's feelings on the matter had influenced Luann's need to 'fix' the situation. The two were together for at least a year...it's unlikely that there weren't real feelings involved.

In any case, I didn't deny hypocrisy wasn't present at all in her commentary, but I mentioned in one of my responses, that I think this particular example is a weaker example of hypocrisy but again, that all depends on how one interprets what Luann's issue is with Carole and Adam's relationship.

• Love 2
(edited)

There has been mention of the RHny bus tour-it is true and this one sponsored by Town & Country Magazine.  Luann is aboard answering questions and giving her take on various scenes. 

Edited by zoeysmom
10 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I completely get what you're saying, motorcitymom. Luann repeatedly said that it's okay to fuck younger men, but not get involved with them, and yet she was in a serious relationship with a considerable age difference herself for quite some time. Therefore, there is a form of hypocrisy there: why is it okay for the Count to be involved with a significantly younger woman and not okay for a woman to get involved with a significantly younger man? Why is it okay for Luann to be in a serious relationship with an age gap and yet not Carole? Makes total sense to me.

• Love 6