Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Aethera

White Collar

Recommended Posts

White Collar is airing on Sundays on IONL aka ION Life or Lifestyle.

Watching Vital Signs I love that Elizabeth isn't upset at all to learn Peter was flirting with a woman for the case. I know in the first talk at night Peter worries she's upset but she just starts laughing. The next morning its her idea to call the woman to get her to invite Peter to the hospital so he can find Neal. She gets surprised about magic hands and later suggests he uses those magic hands to dishes but never gets up set. She even helps him during the call. After watching so many shows have the spouse/girlfriend/boyfriend flipping out or jealous. Its really nice to watch one that doesn't. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Elizabeth is a great character.  The Mozzie/El friendship was one of the best things on the show.

My husband and I are up to S4 in our annual rewatch.  The episode last night was Family Business, the whiskey counterfeiting one with Scott Evans.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, tessaray said:

Elizabeth is a great character.  The Mozzie/El friendship was one of the best things on the show.

My husband and I are up to S4 in our annual rewatch.  The episode last night was Family Business, the whiskey counterfeiting one with Scott Evans.

She really is. I agree her and Mozzie's friendship was one of the best things about the show.  I like in the episode where his waitress crush is kidnapped and Elizabeth already knew about her. Mozzie told her about Gina awhile back when he hadn't even told Neal. 

I'm glad its back on TV it used to be on Netflix but they took it off and I can't find my White Collar DVDs so I couldn't get my fix. I've really missed the show.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I'm glad its back on TV it used to be on Netflix but they took it off and I can't find my White Collar DVDs so I couldn't get my fix. I've really missed the show.

That's happened with several of my other shows in the last few years.  I stream them on Netflix, they disappear and then show up in local syndication.  I bought the dvds shortly after it went off Netflix.    

I forget the episode title from last night but it was one of the rare times I didn't like Elizabeth, when she tells Neal to lie to Peter's face (and do anything he had to, to keep Peter safe) when he doesn't want to. I know they always need something to keep the conflict going but it isn't one of my favorite plot points.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, tessaray said:

That's happened with several of my other shows in the last few years.  I stream them on Netflix, they disappear and then show up in local syndication.  I bought the dvds shortly after it went off Netflix.    

I forget the episode title from last night but it was one of the rare times I didn't like Elizabeth, when she tells Neal to lie to Peter's face (and do anything he had to, to keep Peter safe) when he doesn't want to. I know they always need something to keep the conflict going but it isn't one of my favorite plot points.  

Season four episode Brass Tracks. I didn't like that one either. Neal clearly didn't want too and he really shouldn't have. Elizabeth never should have asked him to lie.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Made it through the entire series on IONlife. I think the early seasons are the best. The first three seasons. There are good episodes from four and on. I think the problem is they didn't know where they were going from season four and on. The first three it didn't really matter. They had four years due to the deal. So they could relax and build up the bonds. Neal talked on and off different ideas when it was free. Starting over, going back to school, and consulting with Peter. But they didn't have to commit to anything. Season four came and they didn't know what to do, or what direction to pick or what Neal really wanted or how to continue the show with Neal and Peter still working together. Or they couldn't decide. I don't know. They could have gone with Neal free and not sure what do for a few episodes then returning to consult with the FBI. Or continuing to consult and getting paid while he explored different things now that he was free. Or they could have gone Neal committing a crime and getting four more years to continue the show. They also never seemed able to move Peter and Neal's relationship past the cycle of hiding secrets, crimes and Peter getting mad. The first couple seasons it made sense. But by season four after everything they've been through. They should have been passed that. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

To this day I am angry that they didn't go with the other ending they had considered. In this one, Neal was free and was throwing a coin to decide if he should go straight or not, and then the show would have ended before the coin had fallen. It would have been perfect.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I would have liked that ending. The last episode is fine and due to the Panthers revenge threat it makes sense but Mozzie's grief is always hard to watch.  Peter and Elizabeth had each other and the baby but it had to have been a hard, lonely year for Mozz. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I didn't like it. I felt that Neal deserved to be truly free after all what happened, and playing dead isn't really freedom. Plus, I didn't really like the last season in general. I mean, it started so great with the kidnapping and then it was solved in one episode. The last heist was great, though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, swanpride said:

I didn't like it. I felt that Neal deserved to be truly free after all what happened, and playing dead isn't really freedom. Plus, I didn't really like the last season in general. I mean, it started so great with the kidnapping and then it was solved in one episode. The last heist was great, though.

So do I. I really wanted and felt Neal deserved to be free after all the work he's done. Playing dead isn't free. Yeah, he's the best but he still has to hope to never be recognized again which is a long shot. Its really about the same as he reason for not getting on plane at the end of season one. That it still wasn't freedom. He was still running.  Or why he didn't leave when Mozzie wanted to in season three because of the life he had in New York City. I hate that we never got to see what decision Neal made.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I mean, it would have been fine with the coin toss and leaving it open. But Neal effectively running again, just to have a cheap "Peter thinks he died moment" I didn't buy anyway...yeah, terrible decision.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, swanpride said:

I mean, it would have been fine with the coin toss and leaving it open. But Neal effectively running again, just to have a cheap "Peter thinks he died moment" I didn't buy anyway...yeah, terrible decision.

I would have been fine with that too. It would have been a good way to end it leaving us guessing or deciding for ourselves whether he went straight or not. It would fit too given how often he went back and forth. I just can't see him doing that to Mozzie, Peter, Elizabeth and June or that he would ever chose it. He wanted to be free.  

What did you guys think of Sara? I always go back and forth on her. On one hand I like seeing Neal getting involved with someone and I do like her character in general but I can never really decide if she's rebound from Kate or not. He just seemed to move on to an actual relationship pretty fast after Kate's death. 

Edited by andromeda331

Share this post


Link to post

Back when the show first aired I positively hated Sara. She felt like she was shoehorned into the plot more often than not. Alex always worked when she turned up, with Sara I was always wondering why she was even there. I have softened a little bit towards the character since then, but frankly, the episodes with her are among my least favourite by far. I liked Neal with literally every single other female character in the show better, and there were quite a few.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×