Type keyword(s) to search

Wentworth - General Discussion

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

Just finished. Strong ending! I'm sad it's over, though. It's so funny, I swore I was done with it when Joan came back from the dead but decided to stick around for everything else, and I have to say this final season (or this final half-season) was Joan's best. I'm surprised they managed to turn that around and do something so interesting with her. Pamela Rabe and Kate Atkinson are just gold opposite each other.

I feel so torn being really happy for Boomer and sad for her kid's inevitably horrible life!

• Like 1
  • Love 6

I hate to see this series end.  I really enjoyed it, even though I sometimes got lost in the tales of who did what to who and what scores needed to be settled.  Shout out to the WORST security team ever!  Sure, let's give the prisoners a steam press.  That'll work out fine.  Let's not put cameras in the room with the body-sized chest freezers.  What could go wrong?  In fact, just let every prisoner roam freely, and make sure they can get into the kitchen so they can get a knife any time they need one!  

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I loved Orange is the New Black, and I’m loving this series as well. Of course, just like all good shows, after season 3, the implausibility of most plot lines gets way out of hand, and you have to suspend a lot of belief to just enjoy the show because you’re not ready to leave the characters or their world. I’m only on season 6.  One thing this show has over OITNB is they let their female leads have actual lines on their faces. I love how they mostly look like women you’d know in real life. No ones all Botox’d & filler’d to death with perfect makeup.  I was long over Ferguson before this season and see she’ll be back (SIGH) but I’ve invested too much time to not see it through. 

On 11/17/2021 at 12:46 PM, Gloriosa said:

Shout out to the WORST security team ever!  

This prison’s cameras are like cell phones in horror films-never working when stuff goes down. Lol

• Love 2

Ugh... I can already tell season 8 is going to annoy me with all these false scares and threats to the baby. Might not make it through this one because I hate that stuff. It goes from suspenseful to frustrating fast. 

On 11/11/2021 at 10:05 PM, gesundheit said:

feel so torn being really happy for Boomer and sad for her kid's inevitably horrible life!

Especially since their can't be too many high security women's prisons in Australia so I imagine with Wentworth being destroyed th H1 crew will probably be split up. It is also kind of freaky that Ferguson is out there. Sure she is going to probably leave Vera alone but she is still a murdering psycho.

On 2/24/2022 at 4:27 PM, Pi237 said:

This prison’s cameras are like cell phones in horror films-never working when stuff goes down. Lol

I don't know why you would install cameras in a prison on a swivel mount thing that can so easily be moved. It seems like fixing that would cut down on a lot of laundry room violence.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I don't know why you would install cameras in a prison on a swivel mount thing that can so easily be moved. It seems like fixing that would cut down on a lot of laundry room violence.

Yes! I always laugh when I see that. No one thought “geez, maybe we should take the swivel off the cameras....?”🤣

1 hour ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Apparently, in the second half of season 8, they started lighting the prison using candles.  Everything’s so dark! Even when they searching a room, no one turns a light on. This season is ridiculous. 

Well, as frustrated as I got with the last few seasons, I’m going to miss this show so much!  The writers still managed to surprise me, even when I was rolling my eyes. Loved the cast. Hope we see these actors more in America! Some looked so familiar, probably were in American movies etc. but without their accents. 
Shout out to the actress who played Joan. The writers turned her into some superhero/horror film bogey-woman at times, but she played the hell out of it. Loved the credits with everyone breaking character and being silly. 

• Love 1