Type keyword(s) to search

Warehouse 13 - General Discussion

Aethera
  • Start Topic

Oh so sad, no one has continued the discussion.

Doing a re-watch.   it's free on IMDB.    I had forgotten how FUNNY this show was.    I watched the episode where they switched bodies (not the time travel one) the other night.    They did such a great job with a very old tired trope.   the actors really nailed it.   

So many things I forgot.   I didn't realize Claudia was there all the way from season 1.    Geez, I felt like she was a later introduction.   Really the show I need right now.

(I am watching KNOWING the ending and trying to forget it will ever happen).   

On 7/14/2020 at 6:33 PM, Starfish35 said:

I should do a rewatch.  I own all five seasons.  I just never got around to watching the final season because I was annoyed at how it ended.  

I did rewatch the very last episode recently.  I didn't mind it.  Sure it seemed a bit of a cop out to have a clip show, but the last scene of the whole thing made up a little for that.

As I am watching, knowing the ending (while trying to ignore it), you see clues they always intended to go there.   Subtle, but there.   Once they got Pete to stop licking things.

That's it -- someone got hold of an artifact.    That's why 2020 SUCKS.

• Love 1

I just finished watching the whole series for the first time over about a week. Fun, good natured show - and a few emotional punches here and there. I don’t mind the way it ended, but I did find Myka and Pete a bit out of left field. I was really buying their whole sibling vibe. I didn’t pick up on much sexual tension between them (and I’m all about the ships!) Going into it my viewing about all I knew was that there was a Bering/Wells fandom, and I did think those two had chemistry in spades. I cried when they said their final goodbye in season 5.

I will say, I suspect this show aired during the tail end of the time where a lead character like Pete making boobie comments about every woman he saw would be portrayed as funny/cute.  I don’t consider myself super uptight about tone, but i did cringe a few times. 

All in all though, I’d be thrilled if the Warehouse came a calling for me! Wish there were more shows in this vein. Guess I’ll start a Eureka rewatch now. 

• Love 2
On 8/2/2020 at 8:56 PM, merylinkid said:

As I am watching, knowing the ending (while trying to ignore it), you see clues they always intended to go there.   Subtle, but there.   Once they got Pete to stop licking things.

That's it -- someone got hold of an artifact.    That's why 2020 SUCKS.

I disagree Myka was clear she thought of Pete as a brother. She also had fallen in love with Sam so I doubt she would make the same mistake twice. I think Pete did have feelings for her especially the episode where Myka magically became pregnant. I also hated that the show gave Artie a son without explanation.

Yeah, I always thought that Myka thought of Pete as a brother.  They very much had a exasperated but protective big sister/annoying little brother vibe to me, even though Pete’s technically older (in years anyway, if not in maturity level).  And I actually really loved that, having a strong platonic male/female relationship between the leads.  It’s not exactly common.  

Putting them together romantically in the last season kind of ruined that for me.  I guess it’s why I’ve never been all that motivated to watch that final season, even though I own the complete series.  

I finished it.   Even the last episode.   I did not binge that one.   I wanted to watch it all by itself.    It was still bad.   Good lord what was up with Pete's hair in the last season.   That dorky fringe thing was stupid.   

One thing I really got out of the re-watch, it wasn't about Pete and Myka's two secret service agents who became warehouse agents.   It was Claudia's story.   How she went from psych ward to her final role.   How she grew and gained confidence and self-awareness.   Also she got her TWO, not just one.   both of her siblings got to know about the Warehouse.   Everyone else just gets their One.  

I still loved the hilarious moments.   The telenovela one was classic.   I already miss the World of Endless Wonder.

• Love 2

I'm doing a rewatch because it's an excellent post-breakup distraction. Exactly the kind of silliness I need right now! I'm even willing to sit through commercials which is really saying something for me.

What is not served by binging are some of Myka's verbal tics -- especially the way she yells "peeeEEEET!" in this ascending, slightly pitiful way that really undercuts her badassness. Every time she does that it's nails on a chalkboard for me.

• Love 1
On 9/10/2020 at 6:53 AM, merylinkid said:

It was Claudia's story.   How she went from psych ward to her final role.   How she grew and gained confidence and self-awareness.   Also she got her TWO, not just one.   both of her siblings got to know about the Warehouse.   Everyone else just gets their One.  

I just started watching this on Prime after binging Eureka, and when I saw Claudia pop up on that show I decided to watch this one. I remember when it aired catching a few episodes here and there. Alison is so good as Claudia.

What did surprise me as I have been watching is how awesome Lindsey Wagner looks. She aged well, and is a testament to letting yourself age naturally and not mess up your face with fillers and plastic surgery.

I really like Myka and Pete (when he is serious). His goofball ways at times get a tab bit annoying, as does all the boobs comments, but I did like the body swap episode and Myka right away told Pete to stop touching her boobs.

• Love 1
On 9/10/2020 at 6:53 AM, merylinkid said:

I finished it.   Even the last episode.   I did not binge that one.   I wanted to watch it all by itself.    It was still bad.   Good lord what was up with Pete's hair in the last season.   That dorky fringe thing was stupid.   

I just finished watching the whole thing for the first time. I agree with the thing about Pete's hair. I threw me so much I couldn't concentrate on the storyline. I just kept staring at his hair! 😱

Just loved this show! The whole cast had so much chemistry even the actress who played Mrs. Frederick. That tele novella  had me cracking up!!

• Love 2

Needed something to watch so I binged through this pretty quick.   Still say Myka and Pete have zero romantic chemistry and  have more a brother/sister vibe.    The story did a disservice not pairing Myka and HG.     The earlier seasons were better then the later ones but the show was never what I would call bad bad.    I just think it kinda ran out of ideas and decided to throw a traditionally happy ending at us.   It just didn’t work.   But I still think Warehouse 13 is a fun show and worth watching.

• Love 2

On 1/30/2022 at 11:26 AM, margol29 said:

I just finished watching the whole thing for the first time. I agree with the thing about Pete's hair. I threw me so much I couldn't concentrate on the storyline. I just kept staring at his hair! 😱

Just loved this show! The whole cast had so much chemistry even the actress who played Mrs. Frederick. That tele novella  had me cracking up!!

CCH Pounder. She's an amazing character actor. Big role, small role, she always adds a little something extra to the part. My mother was a fan of the NCIS shows, and I have to admit, I would watch the New Orleans with her just because CCH played the coroner😎

• Love 2
On 8/28/2020 at 3:43 AM, kathyk24 said:

I disagree Myka was clear she thought of Pete as a brother. She also had fallen in love with Sam so I doubt she would make the same mistake twice. I think Pete did have feelings for her especially the episode where Myka magically became pregnant. I also hated that the show gave Artie a son without explanation.

I thought that Pete always felt a little something romantic for Myka, who did not feel the same way.  In a better ending he fully recognizes that, accepts their sibling/friend relationship and gets romantic with somebody who wants to be romantic back with him.

Instead the ending seemed to be Myka saying, "Oh, fine.  Fuck it.  I'll be your girlfriend."

I think W13 came maybe three to five years too early.  Three years later starting in 2012 with legal gay marriage clearly not leading to the apocalypse and I think a Myka/Helena happy ending would have worked for the network.

Meanwhile, what explanation do we really need for Artie's son?  At some point Artie had sex.  Done.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, johntfs said:

I thought that Pete always felt a little something romantic for Myka, who did not feel the same way.  In a better ending he fully recognizes that, accepts their sibling/friend relationship and gets romantic with somebody who wants to be romantic back with him.

Instead the ending seemed to be Myka saying, "Oh, fine.  Fuck it.  I'll be your girlfriend."

I think W13 came maybe three to five years too early.  Three years later starting in 2012 with legal gay marriage clearly not leading to the apocalypse and I think a Myka/Helena happy ending would have worked for the network.

Meanwhile, what explanation do we really need for Artie's son?  At some point Artie had sex.  Done.

Artie was not comfortable being Claudia's surrogate dad so it was a surprise to learn he had a son. He also wanted to keep the warehouse a secret yet his son went with him on missions. I never saw HG and Myka as a couple I always thought they were related. The Warehouse finale made no sense but it didn't anger me like How I met your Mother did.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, kathyk24 said:

Artie was not comfortable being Claudia's surrogate dad so it was a surprise to learn he had a son. He also wanted to keep the warehouse a secret yet his son went with him on missions. I never saw HG and Myka as a couple I always thought they were related. The Warehouse finale made no sense but it didn't anger me like How I met your Mother did.

IIRC Artie was never really part of his son's life until much later after he was grown.  His discomfort with being Claudia's surrogate dad was partly that he whiffed his chance when he was a real dad.

Pretty much every scene they were in together saw Jaime Murray and Joanne Kelly playing H.G. and Myka with maximum femslash chemistry to me.  Like HG saving Myka with the grappling gun or Myka looking really focused at HG offering Pete romantic advice because "many of her lovers were men."  HG dropping that to get with some dude because it gives her a second shot at raising a daughter just seemed like the laziest "Yep, gotta close out the storyline now" way to end it.

• Like 1

Eddie McClintock has been posting on Insta that they are working to continue Warehouse 13. He said "continue," not "reboot," so I am a tiny bit hopeful. I did love the Friday marathons, but SciFi seems to have stopped that.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Ananayel said:

Eddie McClintock has been posting on Insta that they are working to continue Warehouse 13. He said "continue," not "reboot," so I am a tiny bit hopeful. I did love the Friday marathons, but SciFi seems to have stopped that.

Aw don’t get my hopes up. I just refinished a rewatch and would love a continuation. 

• Love 2

I managed to catch some of the reruns that run during Friday's SyFY rewind...

On 9/20/2022 at 3:09 PM, Ananayel said:

That would be awesome if they did a continuation...I do miss this show.