Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: Single, Fat and Crazy

• Start Topic

Whitney visits Buddy in D.C., where they share a surprise kiss; Heather struggles to get over Buddy; Whitney confronts her parents' aging; Whitney receives painful news; Buddy's late-night call leads Whitney to question his sobriety.

Airs December 21, 2018 & January 1, 2019.

• Love 1

Thanks IP!  I definitely think I can skip watching this one.

Anyone think this is the end of the storyline about an adoption?  If so, last season's attempt at a cliffhanger is over before the season even begins, LOL.  Or did she FINALLY come up with a reason why being humongously fat might not be fabulous after all?  Maybe it's Jessica-I-have-to-lose-weight-and-the-hell-with-form.

And how did that nice agency lady know about Whitney's mental problems?  Her fans are going to be really pissed about this!

• Love 10
50 minutes ago, Brooks said:

Thanks IP!  I definitely think I can skip watching this one.

Anyone think this is the end of the storyline about an adoption?  If so, last season's attempt at a cliffhanger is over before the season even begins, LOL.  Or did she FINALLY come up with a reason why being humongously fat might not be fabulous after all?  Maybe it's Jessica-I-have-to-lose-weight-and-the-hell-with-form.

And how did that nice agency lady know about Whitney's mental problems?  Her fans are going to be really pissed about this!

The agency lady said you couldn’t have a history of mental health issues, a BMI higher than whatever number makes you overweight maybe 29 and even being single made it bleak I think Whitney’s BMI was 67.  Whitney told the agency lady that Whitney was diagnosed with depression at 18.  I’m not sure if all these guidelines were just for Korean children, adoption in general or exaggerated just for the show.  The lady even said Tal had a better chance of being approved....I’m not sure if his sexuality was factored in or known by the lady.  Basically she said Tal being a man helped because a lot of the girls giving up their children had problems with their mother, I guess him being skinny helps too. I don’t even know if this was a real agency or just for the show.  Whitney started on that’s size discrimination, but the lady basically cut her off saying it was their (the Korean women) children so they can more or less have whatever criteria they want

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 14
7 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

So much for her BS claim that she'd lost 60 lb or whatever. If she's 5'2", she has to weigh around 370 for that. 

I believe she put 5’3” and 380 lbs into whatever calculator she was using to figure it out.   Tal “forces” her to weigh herself and I believe they claim her weight loss was either 34 or 43 lbs.  I can’t remember, but I believe it was 34.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 5

It's a standard intake question. It varies from country to country - some countries won't allow adoption by a parent with any mental health diagnoses at all, no matter what age and no matter whether they are treated, resolved, well-managed, etc. If you are interested in adopting from one of those countries, there's no point even starting if you have had a mental health diagnosis so agencies ask that as part of the upfront application process.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

It's a standard intake question. It varies from country to country - some countries won't allow adoption by a parent with any mental health diagnoses at all, no matter what age and no matter whether they are treated, resolved, well-managed, etc. If you are interested in adopting from one of those countries, there's no point even starting if you have had a mental health diagnosis so agencies ask that as part of the upfront application process.

Yes, you are correct.  Tal mentioned suppose you are on medication or your illness is under control and the lady said it basically didn’t matter.  They didn’t want anyone with a history of mental illness.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

So much for her BS claim that she'd lost 60 lb or whatever. If she's 5'2", she has to weigh around 370 for that. 

I think it's possible she's now lost 60 #s bc I don't think she started from the 380 #s she likes to state that she hasn't deviated from.

I have contended for over a year that she weighed over 400 #s around the time she went to HI. If she weighed, say, 420 #s, a 60 # loss would put her at about 360 #s now which I believe is about right.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Brooks said:

EXACTLY! Twit's perfect excuse for not adopting, just like PCOS has been her perfect excuse for not losing weight. Can't you just imagine the fan comments about "poor Whitney"?

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

I started watching this at a friend's house (the person who got me hooked on this stupid show in the first place, but hey, nobody's perfect).  At the very moment when Tal and Whitney were approaching the adoption agency to talk to an expert about her intent to adopt, the video crashed. TLC provided us with the cheerful message that they were having trouble showing the episode on the browser being used (Firefox, over an hour into the program) and instructed us to watch on Roku or an Iphone, or other unavailable to us options.

However, I did want to say that Whitney is expanding the Whiticism vocabulary considerably this season. So far in Episode One, she's come up with: (1) "fig" -  as in "Buddy is checking out my fig." Translation - figure (2) "lower swimsuit area" as in "Seeing Buddy does not make me tingle in my lower swimsuit area, but when I brush against his lower swimsuit area, I think may he . . . ." Translation - crotch (3) "B" - as in ending a phone call with her mother. Apparently it's too complicated and takes too long to say "Bye." (4) "emosh" as in "I don't want to get too emosh talking about how great Jessica is." Translation: emotional.

She is a very tiresome woman.

Thank you for adding these, I was too exhausted by everyone in the episode to write all those twitisms.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Yes, you are correct.  Tal mentioned suppose you are on medication or your illness is under control and the lady said it basically didn’t matter.  They didn’t want anyone with a history of mental illness.

It definitely depends on the country though. A mental health history by itself doesn’t preclude adoption from the US.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Ketzel said:

I started watching this at a friend's house (the person who got me hooked on this stupid show in the first place, but hey, nobody's perfect).  At the very moment when Tal and Whitney were approaching the adoption agency to talk to an expert about her intent to adopt, the video crashed. TLC provided us with the cheerful message that they were having trouble showing the episode on the browser being used (Firefox, over an hour into the program) and instructed us to watch on Roku or an Iphone, or other unavailable to us options.

However, I did want to say that Whitney is expanding the Whiticism vocabulary considerably this season. So far in Episode One, she's come up with: (1) "fig" -  as in "Buddy is checking out my fig." Translation - figure (2) "lower swimsuit area" as in "Seeing Buddy does not make me tingle in my lower swimsuit area, but when I brush against his lower swimsuit area, I think may he . . . ." Translation - crotch (3) "B" - as in ending a phone call with her mother. Apparently it's too complicated and takes too long to say "Bye." (4) "emosh" as in "I don't want to get too emosh talking about how great Jessica is." Translation: emotional.

She is a very tiresome woman.

Oh no, she's turning into Ruby Gettinger! Before you know it she's going to be saying how hacky she is with her life

Edited by sara1025
  • Love 13
47 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

So wait - Buddy decides to kiss Whitney? In the trailer she flat out asks if she can kiss him. Is that not what happens in the show itself?

I guess the Whitney driven kiss comes later in the season, but this kiss was Buddy kissing Whitney goodbye and it “lingered”

eta Whitney acted “surprised”....Buddy acted like “a check is a check”

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 11

So she found a perfect way to play the fat discrimination card by wanting to adopt a baby from a country with a BMI requirement.  Don't tell me she didn't already know that and just wanted an excuse to cry victim once again.  The way this episode was edited you'd think no country in the world would allow her to adopt a baby.  I took a quick look online and it doesn't look like the US has any BMI requirement nor do you have to be married or partnered either.  So she is once again full of shit.

I did think she looked like she lost some weight but I don't believe that she doesn't own a scale nor knew exactly what her weight was before Tal brought out his scale.  Don't tell me her trainer doesn't weigh her.  She doesn't want the world to think she cares about her weight when it's obvious to me that she does, and that she has taken steps to lose some weight.  She's in too deep with the public protestations about not wanting to lose weight to admit that she's consciously making an effort to do just that.  I'm sure she had to make some deliberate changes to her diet in order to accomplish losing that weight.

• Love 22

I forgot to mention Maddie makes an appearance during BGDC.  Maddie says BCDC is inconsistent because the leaders are inconsistent.  Cue Whitney ready to embark on a country-wide tour of BGDC and Todd grumbling Whitney is only not tour ready but would rather increase the number of easy classes to drum up interest instead of increase the quality/difficulty level of the classes to increase business.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 13

I'm glad I decided to "ruin" my viewing experience by reading here first (reading what's said here has never ruined this stupid show for me, ever, so not a tough decision!)

I can tell already I'm going to be irritated as hell with her fake fucking words all season. It's annoying enough on teenagers...on a 34-35 yr old woman, it's pathetic. Newsflash Twitney, the young crowd that usually uses these annoying fake words think 34 or 35 is ANCIENT. It doesn't make you look young, just immature and stupid.

As usual, she wants it both ways...she wants an adoption agency to see her as a responsible adult, but wants 20 somethings to see her as "young" and just as "cool" as they are. 

I'm sure she expects EVERYONE to find her own little made up language absolutely adorable. NOTHING about this tedious, exhausting moron is adorable.

• Love 21
8 hours ago, sara1025 said:

The BMI restriction makes sense when adopting, if someone is slightly overweight that's fine but after watching many My 600 lb Life episodes it's clear that morbidly obese people usually do NOT make good parents (typically forcing the children to care for them). It's like, are you going to care for them and raise them properly or will they be caring for you when you get too large to do anything for yourself and have no life of their own? As it is, Whitney already needs help with putting on shoes and rubbing chafing cream in the nether regions...

I'd agree with you about someone that's 600 lbs., but that's still a far cry from 345 lbs.  Not that I think Whitney in particular would make a good parent, I don't, but the reason I think that is not based on her current weight but HER.  But the Korean/Chinese BMI limit is so low (30) that anyone that's even just overweight by American standards would be ineligible.  I'm 5'2" and 187 lbs. and my BMI is 34.2.  I wear a misses size 14 or 16, not even plus size, and most of the reason for that is my "middle aged stomach", so if you looked at me you wouldn't believe I should be rejected!  I would have to lose 33 lbs. just to be at the high end of that limit.  In that case I would be probably wearing misses size 12.  I really think that's crazy restrictive.  I think the Korean/Chinese standard for what is "slightly overweight" is a lot stricter than most Americans'.  Most people look at me and think I have only 20 - 30 lbs.. to lose to be just right, not to be at the high end of some arbitrary scale of what makes a good mother.  I also think the scale of obesity has been tightened up to make someone that no one would consider obese fall into that category.  No one thinks I'm obese at my current weight, but the BMI calculator says I am.  And my doctor agrees with me and tells me not to obsess about arbitrary category limits.  He thinks I'm very healthy and that's all that counts.

I just had to add this - A woman might have a bad back or other muscular ailments that make it a struggle to put on shoes, cream or trim toenails, etc. that has nothing to do with being overweight or obese.  Should she be denied adopting on that basis?  I'm not trying to defend Whitney, but the usual reasons given for not approving of a woman as a mother based on weight could be true of any woman based on any number of other reasons too, but how many people would say those women that have a bit of a bad back shouldn't be able to adopt a child?  Probably not nearly as many that would be against an obese woman adopting. 

Sorry - I apologize for getting a little long winded there.  I didn't mean to single you out or anything.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

She doesn't care if she lost weight, but she sure made sure she took off her shoes and jewelry before weighing.

Hah, yes I noticed that and thought the same thing, although I was surprised she didn't take off her rather large watch.  But the way she took that stuff off makes me think that like me, she weighs in on a regular basis and knows all the tricks to make sure the scale reflects the maximum amount of weight loss.

• Love 15
47 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Hah, yes I noticed that and thought the same thing, although I was surprised she didn't take off her rather large watch.  But the way she took that stuff off makes me think that like me, she weighs in on a regular basis and knows all the tricks to make sure the scale reflects the maximum amount of weight loss.

Which is actually pretty funny when you think about it. When you are 350+ does it really matter if you are 376 or 378? 

• Love 19

Yeah, Todd is very angry at Whitney. But it's hard to say it's not  justified. Her idea of going around the country giving one beginner class to a new crowd of fans at each stop is not the way to build a sustainable business from the popularity of BGDC.  It's a grab-the-money-and-run scheme which he rightly expects will have him doing all the heavy lifting and Whitney doing barely anything at all aside from using her SM to drum up the crowd.** She had given him responsibility for the class for a year when she went off to be a back up booty for the Fitness Marshall. He was in the process of developing new material for the beginner classes, and creating an intermediate level to keep the students they already had interested and progressing, when she returned less than a month later and demanded he give her the class back. They resolved that dispute at the time with Whitney acknowledging Todd as a 50-50 partner in the business. But the way she is acting in this episode makes it clear she has forgotten, or decided to ignore, her agreement that Todd would have as much to say about the class as she does.

**although once the show decided to use this as a story line, we know from her Facebook page that the classes were free to the participants, and that the production crew was doing most of the organizing. But aside from his paycheck from the show, there's nothing in this for Todd, who had hopes of developing his own fan base to teach to, and getting a boost to his own dancing/acting career from MBFFL.  Instead, he's been jerked around by Whitney, exposed as her personal attendant in particularly obnoxious ways, expected to do all the teaching while she swans around the classroom twerking at her favorite students, and made to seem rude and ungrateful, to the fury of her fans.  That he's still hanging in suggests he's getting a nice payday in exchange, but it can't do much for his self respect.

I'm kind of expecting that he'll quit after this season, or she'll dump him and replace him with her new "homie" Ryan. 

• Love 18

Did they mention a job requirement? Most countries have a requirement not just to show a specific level of current income based on the number of people in the family but a consistent history of that income AND a likelihood that this income will continue. TLC wouldn’t count. Of course of the zillions of reasons she can’t adopt she focuses on Korea’s weight requirement. If she really wanted a baby there would be plenty of countries she could look at that wouldn’t care about her weight. But she wants to be a martyr and knows there as so many other reasons she could never be approved even if she was Kate Moss weight. She doesn’t want to face that. 

• Love 15
15 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I'd agree with you about someone that's 600 lbs., but that's still a far cry from 345 lbs.  Not that I think Whitney in particular would make a good parent, I don't, but the reason I think that is not based on her current weight but HER.  But the Korean/Chinese BMI limit is so low (30) that anyone that's even just overweight by American standards would be ineligible.  I'm 5'2" and 187 lbs. and my BMI is 34.2.  I wear a misses size 14 or 16, not even plus size, and most of the reason for that is my "middle aged stomach", so if you looked at me you wouldn't believe I should be rejected!  I would have to lose 33 lbs. just to be at the high end of that limit.  In that case I would be probably wearing misses size 12.  I really think that's crazy restrictive.  I think the Korean/Chinese standard for what is "slightly overweight" is a lot stricter than most Americans'.  Most people look at me and think I have only 20 - 30 lbs.. to lose to be just right, not to be at the high end of some arbitrary scale of what makes a good mother.  I also think the scale of obesity has been tightened up to make someone that no one would consider obese fall into that category.  No one thinks I'm obese at my current weight, but the BMI calculator says I am.  And my doctor agrees with me and tells me not to obsess about arbitrary category limits.  He thinks I'm very healthy and that's all that counts.

I just had to add this - A woman might have a bad back or other muscular ailments that make it a struggle to put on shoes, cream or trim toenails, etc. that has nothing to do with being overweight or obese.  Should she be denied adopting on that basis?  I'm not trying to defend Whitney, but the usual reasons given for not approving of a woman as a mother based on weight could be true of any woman based on any number of other reasons too, but how many people would say those women that have a bit of a bad back shouldn't be able to adopt a child?  Probably not nearly as many that would be against an obese woman adopting. 

Sorry - I apologize for getting a little long winded there.  I didn't mean to single you out or anything.

While Whitney may not (yet) be 600 lbs, she's already making her friends/family take care of her and help her with things only paid caregivers should deal with so I wouldn't be surprised if she forced a child to do the same. What would happen if it was just her and her child and she had the back thing happen in the shower, the child would have to help their naked crying mother to her bed and watch as she has a meltdown about it, that would probably traumatize them (hell even Buddy is probably traumatized!) She's also quite narcissistic so I can just see it being all about her and who cares what the child wants, it's all about what Whitney wants and needs. I suppose I should have clarified about the BMI restriction, I think it makes sense for morbidly obese people, not for those just overweight. I agree with @alabester, if you have a physical ailment that prevents you from properly caring for a child then maybe it's not a good idea to adopt one, specially being single.

Edited by sara1025
  • Love 12

Just wanted to say thank you to this forum for reminding me that this show was previewing tonight! I was hate watching until I saw they went to a cat cafe and it reminded me how I wanted to take my mom there when she visits! I just booked tickets for her, me, and my partner for next weekend! <3

• Love 4
10 hours ago, sara1025 said:

While Whitney may not (yet) be 600 lbs, she's already making her friends/family take care of her and help her with things only paid caregivers should deal with so I wouldn't be surprised if she forced a child to do the same. What would happen if it was just her and her child and she had the back thing happen in the shower, the child would have to help their naked crying mother to her bed and watch as she has a meltdown about it, that would probably traumatize them (hell even Buddy is probably traumatized!) She's also quite narcissistic so I can just see it being all about her and who cares what the child wants, it's all about what Whitney wants and needs. I suppose I should have clarified about the BMI restriction, I think it makes sense for morbidly obese people, not for those just overweight. I agree with @alabester, if you have a physical ailment that prevents you from properly caring for a child then maybe it's not a good idea to adopt one, specially being single.

I agree with you that Whitney would make a bad parent, but I don't agree that every woman of her weight would necessarily be a bad parent.  It's her narcissism and lack of healthy values that is what I think would make her a bad parent, not her weight.  That's why I don't agree with blanket BMI restrictions.  If a person is so obese that they can't take care of themselves much less a child, that should be decided on an individual basis, and I don't think Whitney is unable to take care of herself.  She puts people to work "caring" for her because she wants to be the center of attention, but she is nowhere near unable to care for her daily needs.  Besides, here in the US, blanket BMI restrictions on adoptions would be hugely unpopular and be called fat discrimination, and I would agree with that.

• Love 5

OMFG (loosely paraphrased because I can not stand watching again.)

Buddy: "So you want to come to Washington to see the monuments?"

Twit: "I want to come to Washington to see your monument."

The insane caterwauling as she rode the bicycle. Disturbing the peace much?

Whenever Buddy said or did something that made her "tingle in the lower swimsuit area" (as much as she denies it) she would react in such an age inappropriate manner such as smacking him or exclaiming something along the lines of, "Are you f**cking kidding me?"  I still wonder what is responsible for her delayed development.

Oh, yeah, the scenes of Glenn's apparent hearing loss as well as Babs not finding the phone: totally re-enacted and not by very convincing actors.

• Love 15

As I'm in the UK and we measure weight in stones (14lbs to a stone), I put Whit's weight into Google and it turns out she's over 24 stones. Ye gods! I'm just on 5ft tall and at 12 stones consider myself to be grossly overweight (it's a lifelong struggle and I'm definitely at the upper end of what I consider tolerable for myself). I cannot imagine being double that weight. It's beyond contemplation.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I agree with you that Whitney would make a bad parent, but I don't agree that every woman of her weight would necessarily be a bad parent.  It's her narcissism and lack of healthy values that is what I think would make her a bad parent, not her weight.  That's why I don't agree with blanket BMI restrictions.  If a person is so obese that they can't take care of themselves much less a child, that should be decided on an individual basis, and I don't think Whitney is unable to take care of herself.  She puts people to work "caring" for her because she wants to be the center of attention, but she is nowhere near unable to care for her daily needs.  Besides, here in the US, blanket BMI restrictions on adoptions would be hugely unpopular and be called fat discrimination, and I would agree with that.

I didn’t say every woman at that weight would be a bad mother, but if your weight is limiting you from properly caring for a child (or worse, making your child take care of you), then I just don’t think it’s a good idea to adopt one. I’m sure there are 400 lb women who are able bodied and able to take of both themselves and their children but there are many that are unable to do even the basic of everyday things. 

Also, I’m sure Whitney does it for the attention as well but I don’t see how there’s any way she could reach certain “areas” given how large she is. The back thing that happened in the shower seemed pretty legit as well.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, sara1025 said:

I didn't say every woman at that weight would be a bad mother, but if your weight is limiting you from properly caring for a child (or worse, making your child take care of you), then I just don't think it's a good idea to adopt one. I'm sure there are 400 lb women who are able bodied and able to take of both themselves and their children but there are many that are unable to do even the basic of everyday things.

Also, I'm sure Whitney does it for the attention as well but I don't see how there's any way she could reach certain "areas" given how large she is. The back thing that happened in the shower seemed pretty legit as well.

I'll just say one more thing and I'll leave it at that - There are many women who may have disabilities that restrict their movments, etc., but those things by themselves wouldn't necessarily make them bad parents. Even little people have kids and can make decent parents (we've seen it on TV so it must be true, LOL)  even though their arms are too short to reach their rear ends and they can't reach the stove or make a full sized bed without a lot of gymnastics.  Again, if Whitney is a bad parent it won't be because she;s 345 lbs. but because she's too self centered and a big baby, and has to have everyone in her life cater to her all the time.

Edited by Yeah No
weird symbols in post needed deleting.
  • Love 13

Again, if Whitney is a bad parent it won't be because she;s 345 lbs. but because she's too self centered and a big baby, and has to have everyone in her life cater to her all the time.

In the long distant past, when I was working with prospective adoptive parents, I had many overweight and obese individuals with whom I worked. Their weight alone was not a disqualifying factor EXCEPT if they were applying to adopt from countries that had a BMI/weight requirement. What I would have a hard time with (just based on what I can see from the show) is her financial situation. Families don't have to be rich to adopt but I did need to see that a family was financially stable. They had to be able detail all monthly expenditures, show that they had sufficient income to meet them AND cover adoption expenses, AND be able to cover the added expenses of childcare/child rearing. It was fine if families gave a gift to help cover adoption expenses but I needed that in writing from the family member giving the gift and it could not be the case that the adopter was relying on a family member for financial support to cover routine expenses (unless it was a guaranteed source of regular income like a trust payment). Whitney's TLC gig might paper well enough as income but I'd want to know what her plan was for earning an income when the show inevitably ends. I'd also need to see that she could provide health insurance for a child and that she would have to account for the loss of rental income when one of her roommates has to move out to make space for a child.

I don't see her as someone who cannot be approved to adopt but it's not open and shut either. 

As a DC native, a couple of observations:

1. No need to haul bicycles from Greensboro to DC - they have Capital Bikeshare EVERYWHERE in the touristy parts of DC (and in a lot of non-touristy parts. They're not terribly expensive and easy to pick up and drop off when you want them.

2. If the neighborhood in which Whitney met Buddy is where he actually lives (with the brother and sister-in-law) they are in a nice area. Do we know what BuddyBrother does?

3. She visited DC at one of the most beautiful times of years so good on her...

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

1. No need to haul bicycles from Greensboro to DC - they have Capital Bikeshare EVERYWHERE in the touristy parts of DC (and in a lot of non-touristy parts. They're not terribly expensive and easy to pick up and drop off when you want them.

For Whitney that probably makes some sense as long as the bike could support her weight, but for anyone who's serious about biking there's no comparison between having your own bike and using a bike-share program. The bikes are usually heavy, have limited gearing and wide padded seats that are nasty as hell to the hips and knees. We have a similar program here and I just haul my own bike around because those are so terrible. If I have my car, I can take one of my bikes.

Whitney's concerns on a bike are different - it has to be able to transport nearly 400 lbs to hold her - and that's why she's riding a Fat Bike. The bike she's on isn't specifically designed for fat people, they're built for muddy and snowy conditions, but the larger size of the bike and the way they're built mean they can handle more load on the wheels than a smaller bike.

She'd have a hard time on a bike with thinner tires, not that she doesn't have a hard time on her own bike.

• Love 10

Whitney's concerns on a bike are different - it has to be able to transport nearly 400 lbs to hold her - and that's why she's riding a Fat Bike. The bike she's on isn't specifically designed for fat people, they're built for muddy and snowy conditions, but the larger size of the bike and the way they're built mean they can handle more load on the wheels than a smaller bike.

Good point - I hadn't thought about that and also thought that Buddy might want his bike in DC as it's a great way to get around. I wouldn't think of either of them as a "serious biker" - they route they took is a pretty popular scenic tour route. 

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, cherenkov said:

For Whitney that probably makes some sense as long as the bike could support her weight, but for anyone who's serious about biking there's no comparison between having your own bike and using a bike-share program. The bikes are usually heavy, have limited gearing and wide padded seats that are nasty as hell to the hips and knees. We have a similar program here and I just haul my own bike around because those are so terrible. If I have my car, I can take one of my bikes.

She'd have a hard time on a bike with thinner tires, not that she doesn't have a hard time on her own bike.

I've recently been watching or skimming thru a few of the S-1 & S-2 episodes. Remember, her bike was custom-built for her because of her size. So it makes sense she would use that one.

A couple of months ago, Buddy rewarded himself with a new bike & seemed to want to use it frequently to lose some wgt. So, I can see why he'd want to use his own bike not a Ride Share one.

• Love 4
On 12/21/2018 at 12:07 PM, Irate Panda said:

The agency lady basically tells Whitney she’s too single, too fat and has mental problems, which are all a no go for adopting

😂😂😂😂  Finally, someone brutally honest.

• Love 18

Easy for her to throw a fit about being ineligible to adopt since she didn't want to do it anyway.  For all we know, she shopped multiple agencies until she found one that emphatically said NO!

Edited by Brooks
  • Love 10

I didn't watch the preview, but thanks for the "heads up" about the shit show coming soon.  I think Whitney is clinging to Ryan now because Tal has a new partner in his life and probably not around much anymore. Todd hates her and probably is resentful that BGDC has taken a back seat to this "workout" video program. Heather is still lodged up Buddy's ass,  I really want to smack Heather, wtf is wrong with her to be pining over some fat loser addict or ex addict ? I think she enjoys being the whoa is me girl.  

• Love 11
23 hours ago, cherenkov said:

No way the "ride share" bikes in da Burgh could support Twit. (I actually thought they were cruisers...didn't realize they had gears at all!) I can't comment on the DC bikes, but isn't there someone here who lives in DC? 

• Love 2

I was also wondering at first why she and Buddy didn't use the Capital Bikeshare bikes while in DC. Then I went and looked up if there's an official weight limit for the bikes (something I had never thought to look up before, since I don't weigh 350+ pounds). There is indeed a weight limit and it's 260 pounds, mentioned in the user agreement. I think it's more of a liability thing rather than a "the bikes will break if the rider is too heavy" thing, not to mention it'd be difficult to stringently enforce, but there is actually a weight limit. 

If you want to read the user agreement, it's here and the weight limit is mentioned under section 7, which covers prohibited acts: https://www.capitalbikeshare.com/user-agreement   

• Love 3