Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
saoirse

Proven Innocent

Recommended Posts

I'd hate to say it, but I'm really hoping that Kelsey Grammer only wants this to be a 1 season gig and his character will be defeated and humiliated by the end of the season so this Rosemary crap is over with.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/27/2019 at 1:22 PM, ketose said:

I'd hate to say it, but I'm really hoping that Kelsey Grammer only wants this to be a 1 season gig and his character will be defeated and humiliated by the end of the season so this Rosemary crap is over with.

Oh I’ll say it loud and clear-I fast forward through the Rosemary crap because I just can’t stand it. I find it boring, contrived, and just plain stupid. And that blond woman, I think Heather is her name (see, I don’t even know) is so full of herself and snooty and a liar. And that woman who “befriended” Levi but really works for Kelsey Grammer-you’d think Levi would get a clue after so many people betraying him and Madeline. 

I did like this week’s case and hope that they come up with some more interesting ones. I guess it was implied but I’m surprised the judge didn’t come right out and say that we will never know if baby Amelia would still be alive if she got immediate medical attention. 

End rant. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/27/2019 at 1:01 PM, preeya said:

And we have yet to have the identity of the "sex cult guru" revealed. It's highly likely he or someone else that we haven't seen yet is the real murderer.  IMHO Gore Bellows is an idiot.

The "cult guru" was named as Rob.  I had to rewind to find that and make sure because when Gore was talking to his campaign financier whose name is Rick I got weird vibes from him, the face he made when Gore showed him the so called murder weapon, his interest in looking at it, just the whole way he spoke and acted when he was told the lantern had been found in the lake.  I don't think it's the same guy, I think it's either me reading to much into it or they did make him act strangely on purpose as a red herring.  But if they are going in a weird sex cult nxivm headlines copycat sort of direction then I do think it would be interesting twist if he was the guru using Gore to get the heat back on Maddy so it doesn't lead to him.  I guess we'll find out either way in the next two weeks, I predict the next episode will end with all looking dark and dire for Maddy and her conviction looking like a done deal so that Easy, Levi and the rest of the team can pull a hail mary in the finale.

If this is one season and they wrap up the Rosemary murder at the end then it will at least finish off like a mini-series and not drag on or leave us wondering what might have happened or who did it.  I think I'm in the minority that I do actually like it from week to week and am hoping for a season 2 but it's bleeding viewers week after week and Russell Hornsby is signed on to another TV series as the lead character (with another Grimm alumnus Claire Coffee!).  Does that mean he knows something we don't, or that he's leaving even if there's an S2 because if they get renewed it won't be the same without him.  Unless he plans to do both shows if it's renewed.  Guess it's a wait and see game but as I said if they wrap up the Rosemary plot at the end of S1 I'll miss the show for S2 but still be satisfied.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

How can they try Madeline again for Rosemary's murder? Isn't that double jeopardy?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

How can they try Madeline again for Rosemary's murder? Isn't that double jeopardy?

Apparently Madeline wasn't proven innocent when she got released, Easy just found that the State didn't have enough evidence to prove Madeline killed Rosemary beyond a reasonable doubt. So she can be charged for the same crime.  

Is Levi really testifying against Madeline, I hope he's smarter than that. I also wonder if the lawyer that Bellows fired will go to Madeline's side or at least tell them what Bellows is doing.  Does he really believe Madeline killed Rosemary or does he just think if he wins this case he will be a star. I'd say something about his intelligence but that doesn't seem to matter when politics are involved. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

How can they try Madeline again for Rosemary's murder? Isn't that double jeopardy?

The double jeopardy protection does not apply to a case where the defendant has successfully appealed his conviction.  In such cases, prosecutors do have the right to retry a defendant a second time, although they must do so in light of whatever issues the appeals court relied upon in overturning the conviction.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

Is Levi really testifying against Madeline, I hope he's smarter than that. I also wonder if the lawyer that Bellows fired will go to Madeline's side or at least tell them what Bellows is doing.  Does he really believe Madeline killed Rosemary or does he just think if he wins this case he will be a star. I'd say something about his intelligence but that doesn't seem to matter when politics are involved. 

This I don't understand. He just disappears, without a trace, and all of a sudden he cops a plea for testifying against his sister. Makes no sense to me.  This will all probably be unraveled by the female lawyer that Bellows double-crossed.  Her revenge will be sweet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, preeya said:

This I don't understand. He just disappears, without a trace, and all of a sudden he cops a plea for testifying against his sister. Makes no sense to me.  This will all probably be unraveled by the female lawyer that Bellows double-crossed.  Her revenge will be sweet.

I hope so, because it makes no sense to me either. And why was his wallet still in his apartment? So glad next week is the finale, it better not end on a cliffhanger, but I don't see how they're going to wrap the whole Rosemary plot up in an hour.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

This needs to be over next week. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, GaT said:

I hope so, because it makes no sense to me either. And why was his wallet still in his apartment? So glad next week is the finale, it better not end on a cliffhanger, but I don't see how they're going to wrap the whole Rosemary plot up in an hour.

He was taken into "protective custody" because he was a "witness" for the prosecution.  Meaning, he was essentially taken by police at his home and put into a jail cell or, if we consider the "protective custody" part, some motel while being watched by police.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, izabella said:

He was taken into "protective custody" because he was a "witness" for the prosecution.  Meaning, he was essentially taken by police at his home and put into a jail cell or, if we consider the "protective custody" part, some motel while being watched by police.

Protective custody in Bellows world is abduction. Coping a plea in Bellows world is coercion. I'm quite certain everything Bellows has done regarding Levi will be enough to send him (Bellows) to prison. Also, the bullshit with the girl in the Anger Management sessions is/was entrapment.  Bye, bye, Bellows!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, preeya said:

Protective custody in Bellows world is abduction. Coping a plea in Bellows world is coercion. I'm quite certain everything Bellows has done regarding Levi will be enough to send him (Bellows) to prison. Also, the bullshit with the girl in the Anger Management sessions is/was entrapment.  Bye, bye, Bellows!

Yeah, and that lawyer from anger management who he fired is going to come forward. That was super cold of Bellows, even if he told her she'd have a job again in a year.  She has no reason to believe that he'll really do that. And I am not sure how lawyers are disciplined for ethics violations, but I am guessing if she exposes Bellows she'll be in better shape

I hope Heather ends up in prison. Even if she didn't kill Rosemary she clearly knows Madeline didn't.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Yeah, and that lawyer from anger management who he fired is going to come forward. That was super cold of Bellows, even if he told her she'd have a job again in a year.  She has no reason to believe that he'll really do that. And I am not sure how lawyers are disciplined for ethics violations, but I am guessing if she exposes Bellows she'll be in better shape

I hope Heather ends up in prison. Even if she didn't kill Rosemary she clearly knows Madeline didn't.

Have to admit I loved that part - the look on Isabel's face when she realized how she'd been played.  And the threat in Frasier's Bellow's tone was, as said, cold.  She's naive but no dummy, the idea that he'd honor any "lay low for a year then come work for me at the AG's office" statement when the year is done is laughable and she knows it.  My sincere hope is she has even just one e-mail, memo or voice mail that implicates him and that she goes straight to Easy with it and the offer to testify.  Now that Bellow's gloves are off and he's shown his true colors even to Isabel; that's when I look forward to a good solid does of Karma for a character like his.

So the bombshell at the end was Levi is going to testify against his sister.  Maddy may have been shocked hearing that but no way can we believe he's going to implicate her in the end.  I don't know how the real legal system works but his plea deal can't specify that he HAS to say she's guilty or that she killed Rosemary can it?  Because it seems like a deal like that could lead to perjury or leading/buying off a witness.   It would have to only say that he agrees to appear for the prosecution and tell the whole truth no matter what wouldn't it?

I can't help it I still like the show and still want a season 2.  Despite that I am glad the Rosemary murder is wrapping up now and not a multi season plot, that would get tedious.  

Also Bodie needs to dump his girlfriend - he could try more but a lot of this is new to him and he would have no way of knowing the sister/bio mother was stalking the kids school.........and how about you share that info Nikki, tell him not to leave the kid alone at all because bio mom is a kidnap threat which she also could have shared with the school who would arrange an escort and hand off if needed.    If her default response to every little mistake, especially when she doesn't fully communicate, is "maybe we should break up" maybe Bodie should take her up on it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, sigmaforce86 said:

Also Bodie needs to dump his girlfriend - he could try more but a lot of this is new to him and he would have no way of knowing the sister/bio mother was stalking the kids school.........and how about you share that info Nikki, tell him not to leave the kid alone at all because bio mom is a kidnap threat which she also could have shared with the school who would arrange an escort and hand off if needed.    If her default response to every little mistake, especially when she doesn't fully communicate, is "maybe we should break up" maybe Bodie should take her up on it.

2

↑↑ THIS ↑↑ The cop girlfriend is so overbearing. Bodie should just be done with her.

ETA: That was some great investigative work Bodie did to take down the murdering husband.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/30/2019 at 4:31 AM, sigmaforce86 said:

The "cult guru" was named as Rob.  I had to rewind to find that and make sure because when Gore was talking to his campaign financier whose name is Rick I got weird vibes from him, the face he made when Gore showed him the so called murder weapon, his interest in looking at it, just the whole way he spoke and acted when he was told the lantern had been found in the lake.  I don't think it's the same guy, I think it's either me reading to much into it or they did make him act strangely on purpose as a red herring.  But if they are going in a weird sex cult nxivm headlines copycat sort of direction then I do think it would be interesting twist if he was the guru using Gore to get the heat back on Maddy so it doesn't lead to him.  I guess we'll find out either way in the next two weeks, I predict the next episode will end with all looking dark and dire for Maddy and her conviction looking like a done deal so that Easy, Levi and the rest of the team can pull a hail mary in the finale.

↑ This is a good point. Since we've only got one more episode to solve the mystery, and they are not likely to bring in someone new at this point, its a good bet that the money guy turns out to be the guilty guy.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, preeya said:

This is a good point. Since we've only got one more episode to solve the mystery, and they are not likely to bring in someone new at this point, its a good bet that the money guy turns out to be the guilty guy.

Whew, I am relieved that I am not the only person who thought that! Was going to post last night but thought that it was way too far out...the man did appear from sorta' out of nowhere....we shall have to wait and see!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, sigmaforce86 said:

So the bombshell at the end was Levi is going to testify against his sister.  Maddy may have been shocked hearing that but no way can we believe he's going to implicate her in the end.  I don't know how the real legal system works but his plea deal can't specify that he HAS to say she's guilty or that she killed Rosemary can it?  Because it seems like a deal like that could lead to perjury or leading/buying off a witness.   It would have to only say that he agrees to appear for the prosecution and tell the whole truth no matter what wouldn't it?

No, I would agree the deal can't specify that he has to say he's guilty.  But I would think in real life they would get a statement from him about what he's going to say, and only put him on the stand/give him a deal if it actually seems helpful. And if he deviated from his statement they'd call him unreliable. I don't know if it would actually be perjury to lie in the original statement.

But since there is no way Madeline actually killed Rosemary, I am not sure what kind of damaging information Bellows thinks Levi has. She didn't look for Rosemary when other people did? She liked one section of the lake, that is where they found the murder weapon, which was also near where dozens of other people were hanging out? That is not exactly hard evidence.

10 hours ago, preeya said:

↑↑ THIS ↑↑ The cop girlfriend is so overbearing. Bodie should just be done with her.

ETA: That was some great investigative work Bodie did to take down the murdering husband.

I liked the cop girlfriend before this week. But now, I agree, Bodie should stay away.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Why does Bellows think Maddie did it in the first place? I get at this point it’s because he’s EVIL, but what was his case against her at the original trial. I’ve never been clear about that. I think it would help if I fully understood anyone’s theory of the crime but at this point I don’t. Bellows thinks Maddie did it because she was jealous? Maddie thinks the cult guy did it because he’s crazy? Normally a twisty legal mystery thriller is my jam but I don’t think anyone’s motivation is fleshed out enough for me to follow (or care) about the characters. Everyone’s just yelling with righteous anger about stuff.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/20/2019 at 1:16 PM, preeya said:

Yes, they are, but I'm sure there will be some convoluted twist that will eventually show the "real killer."

Anyone, what's up with all the initials and counting markings carved into the wall of the abandoned building?

proven.JPG

Since we learned all the girls were having sex with their nutjob guru, my guess is those are the numbers of times each had sex with him.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

In Defense of Madeline Scott, Part 2  Episode 1x13; May 10, 2019 (Season Finale)

With Madeline's freedom at stake, Easy's defense hits a bump in the road. The team must band together to focus on solving Rosemary's murder once and for all before time runs out. Meanwhile, as Bellows closes in, new evidence and old enemies come into play.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, preeya said:

In Defense of Madeline Scott, Part 2  Episode 1x13; May 10, 2019 (Season Finale)

With Madeline's freedom at stake, Easy's defense hits a bump in the road. The team must band together to focus on solving Rosemary's murder once and for all before time runs out. Meanwhile, as Bellows closes in, new evidence and old enemies come into play.

I hope this gets solved without leaving us with a cliffhanger.

Edited by preeya

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, that was good. They did rush it, and we all knew who the killer was going to be. However, I didn't foresee what Bellows was going to do until the meeting at the end. I have to assume that Kelsey Grammer's going to end up in guest star status unless he's going to become obsessed with Madeline again for some reason. Either that, or next year is where they try to prove him guilty.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I really enjoyed this and hope it gets renewed but my luck with shows has not been good this year.  I tend to like bubble shows on the brink of cancelation.   This was an enjoyable mystery and I really like Madeline Scott.  I thought the conversation with Heather was really well done. Heather had been such a bitch to her and her brother because she truly thought they were guilty.   Loved all the scenes with Madeline and Bellows abd for just a second you thought that Bellows might have some humanity in him.  When he kills the guy (whose name keeps escaping me) I thought for a second that Madeline would be blamed.

Anyway hope it gets renewed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Chaos Theory said:

I really enjoyed this and hope it gets renewed

I just went searching to see the status of this show and it is still in limbo. The bad thing is that according to ratings on Fox it was only above Rel and The Gifted, both of which have been cancelled.

https://www.ibtimes.com/foxs-proven-innocent-renewed-or-canceled-season-2-2791104

I really would like to see it renewed...being on Friday night cannot be good for rating numbers!

AND, we did figure out "who done it", just didn't see his demise coming as it did.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I'm glad it was wrapped up since the show has officially been canceled.  However, it could have been so much better. Bellows pushing the cult guy off the edge was so badly done that it was laughable. So does Levi not have addiction issues anymore since it hasn't been addressed for at least 6 or 7 episodes? Did he ever get a job? What happened with Eazy and his wife? Did they get divorced?

I didn't understand the allure of the cult guy. He looked like he just climbed out of dumpster (both past and present) and the personality of a wet mop, yet all these teen girls were so in love with him? Nope. The entire cult plotline was stupid.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Thankfully that's over. I hated Jeffrey Nordling when he was on Nashville, so I hated him the moment he showed up on screen here.

Is Levi still in jail? I notice Bellows didn't apologize to him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

It hasn't been officially canceled, but it looks like it will. I'm glad they closed the Rosemary case and Madeline was finally proven innocent. So if it is over it's a nice ending. Although is Levi out jail? I suppose so since Bellows apologized to Madeline. I also figured the fired Lawyer would've come back and was surprised that went nowhere. 

I also don't get the allure of the guru guy, he looked like a homeless beggar in the flashbacks, not some charismatic cult leader. Wasn't expecting Bellows to revert to murder to keep his job. 

I enjoyed this show for what it was. I wouldn't mind a second season. I'm also okay if this was the end. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I enjoyed this show for what it was. I wouldn't mind a second season. I'm also okay if this was the end. 

I'm not. For all the bullshit we listened to about Bellows and his penchant to convict two innocent people, he is now a non-convicted murderer. We need season two to get his pompous ass into prison.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Not surprising. The ratings were terrible For an ending it's better than most shows get. Rosemary's murder is solved, Madeline is finally free to continue her work. And the world goes on with corrupt politicians winning elections. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/9/2019 at 6:00 PM, FozzyBear said:

Why does Bellows think Maddie did it in the first place? I get at this point it’s because he’s EVIL, but what was his case against her at the original trial. I’ve never been clear about that. I think it would help if I fully understood anyone’s theory of the crime but at this point I don’t. Bellows thinks Maddie did it because she was jealous? Maddie thinks the cult guy did it because he’s crazy? Normally a twisty legal mystery thriller is my jam but I don’t think anyone’s motivation is fleshed out enough for me to follow (or care) about the characters. Everyone’s just yelling with righteous anger about stuff.

I wish we knew more about why people thought it was Maddie. In the early episodes it sounded like she had gotten really drunk (and we now know she was drugged), and she and Rosemary had a fight that night. Then I guess she and Levi found the body? But still it felt like we didn't get all the backstory on that.

15 hours ago, juliet73 said:

I didn't understand the allure of the cult guy. He looked like he just climbed out of dumpster (both past and present) and the personality of a wet mop, yet all these teen girls were so in love with him? Nope. The entire cult plotline was stupid.

Aren't most cults like that? He must have just been charming, I guess. Plus, he was giving them drugs.

I am glad they wrapped up the Rosemary storyline and I'm not upset about it being cancelled. I would have been interested in seeing where they went with Bellows killing that guy though.  When we saw him standing on that cliff I thought he was going to jump, but then the other guy showed up I realized he was going to push him.

I do think it was unrealistic for Bellows to win the election. You find out that the guy running had been pushing to convict an innocent person, meaning he had been wrong to go after her. Then you find out his largest campaign donor was a killer and teenage rapist? I don't see him being able to turn that around, at all. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Bellows winning really made no sense. The report on the news seemed like he gave the press conference after he won, but I thought it was the reason he won. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

The end was fitting I guess. I'm disappointed to see it cancelled. This was one of those shows where the cast sold the show. And the lead actress is the total package. She has presence, charisma and looks. The rest of the cast is no slouch either. They had to compensate for some mediocre writing at times-never bad but some issues. The man boy was the most annoying weakest character. Some stupid things people do in a horror movie as well.

Too bad no season 2 they could've done so much with the DA-they could've made him a vigilante, frame Scott or investigate him. She even said he was doing things his way for so long that is him. He already fired his assistant after having her investigate/record Levi unsanctioned. Right then and there you knew where his character was going. There was a brief time when I thought it character was a little redeemable when he told them about the murderess who was actually guilty but even then if it was an illegal conviction that is the lawyers job to correct.

I thought it was quite watchable and deserved a season 2. And again kudos to the cast because they made this show happen.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×