Type keyword(s) to search

Quantico - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I decided to start rewatching this show recently and I'm currently in the middle of season 1.  The acting is even worse than I remembered but the hair and makeup is still on point.  Also, the plot really starts to decline after the 10th episode or so.  I'm still scratching my head on how they managed to stretch this out for three seasons.  

I'm debating if I'll rewatch all three seasons but I kinda want to see Shelby's smoky eye look again (which I think was in season 3?).

Edited by zenithwit
  • Love 1
On 8/11/2021 at 5:09 PM, zenithwit said:

I'm still scratching my head on how they managed to stretch this out for three seasons.  

This is something I still marvel at. I was able to follow the plot for maybe, the first 8-10 episodes. Then I remember they had a winter break and when they came back, I was completely confused. I ended up bailing after that, but I'd check in every now and then to see if things had improved any. Which they hadn't.

5 hours ago, Gillian Rosh said:

This is something I still marvel at. I was able to follow the plot for maybe, the first 8-10 episodes. Then I remember they had a winter break and when they came back, I was completely confused. I ended up bailing after that, but I'd check in every now and then to see if things had improved any. Which they hadn't.

They really dug themselves into a corner with the whole flashback to the lesson of the week/flashforward to how that lesson applies to current situation format.  It's really tough to replicate that format after the candidates graduated.  They tried with the super secret CIA spy school in season 2 but why would already highly trained super secret spy candidates need a classroom-style school?  Wouldn't that be a liability to their future super secret spy work?  Finally in season 3, they gave up and just completely changed the format and honestly I didn't hate it (it was better than season 2).

Thinking back, I'm surprised they didn’t make Alex and Ryan instructors at Quantico after the Grand Central attack.  It's not like Alex could do much undercover work anyways.  Plus, this way they could cycle through fresh recruits each season.  Though the problem with this is that while Ryan was a good soldier, he sucked at anything undercover/spy related.  So him being a Quantico instructor is laughable.

• Love 1