Type keyword(s) to search

Psych - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I wonder if anyone has been able to watch this! If anyone here has, I would have expected to see the comments already!

This absolutely BITES! I can watch any of the other shows on this stupid platform, but not Psych--the ONLY thing I'm interested in watching. James had said he was happy with the movie moving to Peacock because it would allow more people to watch any time. Poor James. Naive James. Because everyone who's tried to access (I read some comments in the Paid Streaming Services thread had problems and how Google, firefox, didn't support it) has had problems.

They should have just let it air on USA. Then made it available on their stupid app/platform.

So now I'm waiting for the new box, and Saturday will be the earliest I'll be able to watch it; Monday at the latest.

1 minute ago, marketdoctor said:

My experience was:  no luck on a Roku or Android, but on a Windows 10 computer running Chrome, everything loaded and worked fine.  I've only seen the first 30 minutes, but...they're back, it's awesome.

You have to register an account, but you can get one for free, and then you have to sit through "160 seconds of ads" (their language), and then it played without interruption.

WHAAAAT? GIMME directions! How do I register? WHERE do I register??? I have Windows 10/Google!!!!

I had read somewhere that if you have an LG smart TV, you'd be able to get the app - I do and I did!  It was easy - download the app, register with an e-mail - no credit card required, it was free.  As soon as they want to charge me anything, it's gone - there's nothing else on there I want to watch that I haven't already seen.

Just finished watching it a little while ago.  It was fun - the boys are in top form, we get Woody and Buzz sightings.  I don't want to say alot more until more people have seen it.  One twist I saw coming right away.  It made me a bit sad to see Tim Omundson, though I really liked the bits where he's talking to his dad.  Nice take on father/son - instead of Shawn/Henry, we get Lassie/Lassie's dad. 

Hope more of us get to see it!

• Love 3

Here's the most recent info

WHERE TO WATCH PSYCH THE MOVIE 2:

The easiest option is via the Peacock website, but NBC’s new streaming service will also be available on Apple devices, Google platforms and devices, Microsoft’s Xbox One family of devices, VIZIO SmartCast TVs, and LG Smart TVs.

Comcast’s eligible Xfinity X1 and Flex customers, as well as eligible Cox Contour customers, will have Peacock Premium included with their service at no additional cost. Beginning July 20, Peacock will be available on Sony’s PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 4 Pro.

• Useful 1

I watched it on my phone. Signed up for a free account and had no problems finding it. The only issue I had was I had to be connected to WiFi, I couldn’t just use 4G and it would start buffering every 10 minutes or so.

The ending made me a little weepy eyed. It was nice to see Mary again. And now, I want to know what happened in Norway with the boys and Jules’s brother.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, raven said:

Comcast’s eligible Xfinity X1 and Flex customers, as well as eligible Cox Contour customers, will have Peacock Premium included with their service at no additional cost.

This is a LIE. I have it with my subscription yet I wasn’t able to watch!🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

2 minutes ago, rwlevin said:

The ending made me a little weepy eyed. It was nice to see Mary again. And now, I want to know what happened in Norway with the boys and Jules’s brother.

Agree on all counts!  I had a feeling what was going to happen at the end but I still got teary eyed.  Definitely agree about Norway.

I liked seeing Mary but the poop joke went on too long for me.

• Love 5

Maaan! I want to see this NOW!!!!!! [insert gif of a toddler stamping feet and throwing a tantrum]😭😭😭😭😭

At least James Roday Rodriguez said they make these movies for us fans. So as long as we want them, they’ll make them!!!

• Love 3

I was able to watch on my phone. I went to peacocktv.com and created an account and when I tried to watch the movie it took me to the app store to download the app. 

I loved the movie and will probably love any movie they do. Almost every part with Lassie made me tear up.

My one complaint is they didnt have a blueberry.

• Love 5

I had to create a new free account with a different email and uninstall/reinstall the app on my Android before it would load. I'm about a third of the way through.  Just taking a quick break.

Still makes me wonder why the Premium level didn't work but oh well. I hope the new BSG reboot will be worth it eventually. It's obvious from the lack of content that they must have  really been counting on the Olympics.

(edited)

Selene evidently believes in a solar system with 10 planets in it. That should be okay so long as Pluto is one of them and it was. 

That was fun. It was so great seeing the gang back together. 

2 hours ago, rwlevin said:

That was the teaser at the end of the previous movie, you'd think there would be been more than a passing reference to it. I was expecting a flashback. 

Edited by DrScottie
  • Love 4

I had to download the app on my iPad — it wouldn’t let me watch it through Safari. The voice sync is way off when I cast it to my non-smart TV, so I had to watch it on the tablet. It worked just fine on there, though. The sync problem happened on another show, so it’s a platform issue.

I wanted to wait for more people to be able to watch, too, so I’m not spoiling specifics. I liked it much more than the first movie(!), which I would’ve scored a low C. Shawn and Gus’s chemistry was still there while the mystery felt secondary to the “c’mon sons,” Gus’s nicknames, and nostalgic elements which were most of the first half. Mary and God’s comma! McNabb! Woody! Favorite running joke was everyone confusing Lassie’s nurse for Gus’s girlfriend and making the gf think Gus was cheating. I got confused with them going back-and-forth between San Francisco and Santa Barbara as they seemed to teleport between locations with Jules mentioning she visits Lassie every Monday. I had the whodunnit figured out almost immediately, and the “why” really didn’t matter.

I’d score the mystery a B- but rate the movie an A- overall. I hope they’re working on Psych 3 already!

• Love 5
6 hours ago, DrScottie said:

That was the teaser at the end of the previous movie, you'd think there would be been more than a passing reference to it.

I know. It was the sequel hook which they didn’t use due to everybody getting steady acting jobs on tv series and taking longer to film the sequel, plus wanting to put Lassie front and center in the sequel since he couldn’t really be in the first movie. I mean, let’s face it, this movie was a love letter to Timothy Omundson, as it should have been. That man is amazing.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

This is a LIE. I have it with my subscription yet I wasn’t able to watch!🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

I didn’t have any problems on mine. It was the icon for the “new movies” option yestersay when i hit the XFINITY button on my remote.  Hope you’re able to find it! 

• Love 2

WHAAAAT? GIMME directions! How do I register? WHERE do I register??? I have Windows 10/Google!!!!

1.  Clear your cookies (settings, privacy and security, clear browsing data, advanced), though this will erase any saved passwords you have.

2.  Go to www.peacocktv.com

3.  Click on the "start watching now" (about halfway down the right-hand side of the screen.)

4.  Fill out a username & password, and have an email address you don't mind getting sent promotional email.  Make sure to read the terms of use (Wheaton's first law, cake recipe, assorted legalese), and privacy policy (you have to keep their stuff private; they are under no obligation to reciprocate), and create an account.

5.  You're there--Psych is on the main page.

Enjoy!

• Love 1
13 hours ago, notcreative enough said:

My one complaint is they didnt have a blueberry.

I know Gus referenced the car they did drive...something about two steering wheels, I think. 

Wonderful to see the cast again.  I felt Juliet and Chief Vick had weak parts here and didn't do much with them, Henry was better in this movie, felt that Corbin Bernsen was more invested this time around.  Not enough McNabb or Woody.

James and Dule were wonderful, of course.  Never cared for Sarah Chalke and she didn't change my mind here.  Not warming up to Jazmyn Simon but if she makes Dule Hill happy that is good enough for me.  Nice casting with Joel McHale, well done.  Allison Miller was useless. 

• Love 5

I too had to resort to watching on my phone, but it was less annoying than I feared (the phone-watching, not the movie as a whole).  I liked it better than the first movie--tighter plot, felt like it moved faster, and it had a sweet ending.   My one tiny hang-up is that I cannot NOT think Joel McHale is in full snark/Soup mode all the time, so it was a tiny disconnect for him to be playing something sincere/straight. But if I hadn't watched 15 years of him ragging on people for being famous for a big ass and a sex tape, his casting probably wouldn't have given me pause.

• Love 3

YES!!! Downloaded the stupid app on my phone and watched!!!

SO.MUCH.GOODNESS!!!🥰🥰❤️❤️❤️🥰🥰 I ❤️ Morrissey!!!!!!!

”100 Clues” shoutout!!!

I must process and the let the quote game begin!!!!

And a West Wing reunion!!!!!

But Peacock SUCKSSSSSSSSS.

• Love 3
(edited)
17 hours ago, rwlevin said:

I know. It was the sequel hook which they didn’t use due to everybody getting steady acting jobs on tv series and taking longer to film the sequel, plus wanting to put Lassie front and center in the sequel since he couldn’t really be in the first movie. I mean, let’s face it, this movie was a love letter to Timothy Omundson, as it should have been. That man is amazing.

Yes.  I think Tim was amazing.  I can only imagine how he must have worked to get well enough to make the movie, and yet his acting was wonderful.  He totally had me believing every scene and I was getting teary eyed at the end.  I happened to see an article where he expressed concern about the change in his voice, but I thought his voice and vocal delivery were fine.  

I agree that it was much better than the first movie - in fact I honestly hardly remember anything about the first movie at this point,  except the ending.  I'm glad they were able to work in all the regulars, though there was a little too much Woody for me - I tend to see him as a better in small doses character. 

I like that Dule is playing Gus a little more grown up now, and he and James/Shawn retain that great chemistry.  I also was amused by Juliet keeping a secret from Shawn for a change.  I did figure out most of the plot pretty early, but this show is always more about the characters than the mysteries.

I feel bad for all of you who can't get the service properly.  I have a new-ish Sony Bravia TV and I was able to download Peacock on the Android platform and it played fine.  I am glad I got the special $29 a year rate since I don't know what else I'll be watching on this service in the near future.

Edited by roseha
  • Love 5
(edited)

I got to see it easily on my TV, sorry so many people had problems.  I have a Magnavox smart TV and use cox cable.  I just asked for Peacock on my voice remote and the app popped up and there was Psych! I  watched Wednesday evening but then had a couple of lousy days at work and haven't had time to come here.

It was great to see the gang again!  It is so obvious how much they enjoy working together.  And, despite the low budget, they managed to get some great guest stars.  Richard Schiff gave us a double reunion: Charlie and Toby from West Wing together again!  Sarah Chalke was also a welcome addition.

Tim's performance was stellar, he clearly hasn't lost a beat as an actor, his only limitations were physical and didn't matter a bit.  He was gloriously Lassiter in all the ways that really matter. I agree with the poster above, Tim's voice was fine.  I had seen the article where he was worried about it and was concerned he might be difficult to understand, but not at all, he was great!

Mary's surprise appearance was also a bonus and every bit as weird as Mary.

So, Jules and Shawn are married and we didn't get their wedding.  Oh, well, glad to see they still remain the same people they always were and that the marriage looks to be strong.  Glad to see poor Gus finally get the girl and some happiness.

The plot was the usual convoluted mess we've come to know and love from Psych, but I didn't care a bit.  Will watch it again and again.  They had plenty of inside references and callbacks.  I particularly enjoyed the bit where Gus referenced 'This is Us' and Shawn said there was a better, newer show just like it on ABC.  Perfect!

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 7
(edited)

Awww, that was a sweet and fun way to spend 90 minutes. I loved that they found a way to incorporate TO in the plot without overtaxing him. I legit teared up a little when the theme song started playing. Ha and the song over the end credits was hilarious.

Everything on Carlton's list made me laugh. Tape Galavant, flat iron chest hairs, update false address, say "awwww yeah" once, solve Black Dahlia, find Waldo, backyard kickboxing ring, and rethink disco were my favorites. "Try tap?" and "okay to knit?" also cracked me up (as did "find Lauren").

I loved all the little shout outs and references they had in the script. One of the things I always enjoyed about the show was all the pop culture references and callbacks so it was nice to see that this aspect is still part of the Psych universe! I don't know why they bothered to include JRR's love interest on AMLT as a guest star (to be honest, when I first saw her on AMLT, she physically reminded me a lot of Juliet).

One thing that was noticeable to me was how Shawn and Juliet had almost no scenes together. I know they've come up with plausible excuses in both movies for them not to share a lot of scenes, but it's also really obvious that they are doing it. I don't want to make them uncomfortable or anything just for the sake of fan service (and to be honest, I was never a huge fan of them as a couple) but if they keep doing these movies, it's going to stretch plausibility that they're always in different cities or on the phone or in different rooms.

Fun fact: there's a cat cafe in San Francisco!

Sarah Chalke plays every character exactly the same so Dolores might as well have been named Second Becky. On the plus side, Psych has had so many famous guest stars that being recognizable doesn't always mean that's whodunit (unlike L&O: SVU). Heh, and I liked that even though she was clearly playing everyone, her interest in Gus was genuine.

On 7/15/2020 at 10:10 PM, Kiddvideo said:

I got confused with them going back-and-forth between San Francisco and Santa Barbara as they seemed to teleport between locations

It's a six hour drive so although it's doable, it seemed like A LOT that Juliet, Vick, and Shawn/Gus collectively made multiple trips within a few days.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

It's a six hour drive so although it's doable, it seemed like A LOT that Juliet, Vick, and Shawn/Gus collectively made multiple trips within a few days.

I was shaking my head when Juliet claimed she visited Lassiter every single Monday.  She spends 12 hours driving back and forth in a single day?  How much time does she spend with him?  How does she make it to work on Tuesday?  The show has always played fast and loose with the geography, but that was totally unbelievable.

I also agree that we really didn't need the guest spot by Allison Miller who is JRR's love interest on A Million Little Things.  Their characters on AMLT don't have any chemistry, and her character, in particular, is really kind of awful.  I didn't need to see her on Psych to remind me of that.  I do agree that, especially in the first season of AMLT before she started wearing the pink wig, she reminded me physically of Maggie Lawson.  Nowhere near the charm, appeal or chemistry with JRR's character, however.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 2
(edited)

Did I miss something, or did we not see Morrissey again when he ran away from the ice cafe after they found Ova's body? I was expecting him to somehow pop back up in Lassiter's room to help with the takedown of Sarah Chalke's character, or at least irritate Lassiter by getting there too late.

Edited by krankydoodle
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, doodlebug said:

So, Jules and Shawn are married and we didn't get their wedding.

We did. It was at the end of the first movie. Very impromptu and SOOO Shawn. Then Juliet's brother showed up at the end just as they're leaving for their honeymoon.

Well, I got my replacement box, so will be plugging that in to see if I can watch it on my Teevee!

• Love 4

Just watched it. I think I liked the first movie they did better but am glad for more Lassie in this one. I figured out the main plot points pretty quickly

Spoiler

The ice chips and the pregnancy

but still enjoyed. I wish they would have done more with the Cat-eteria (?) besides just finding one random cat later. I thought the same thing as the chief about that room though. Ridiculous! Mary's part weirded me out a bit. Gus wrapped in the snuggie with a granola bar he found was my favorite thing.

• Love 3

"You nearly This Is Us'd the whole block." "Dad, why are you still watching that? They've got the same show on ABC but newer." So busy laughing at the "bite the hand that feeds you" humor and reference to James's show that it took me a full 5 minutes to remember Timothy Omundson is on This Is Us.

"It'll be the redemption of my life watching you fail." "And all those years you thought you were telling me things I didn't know." Oooh. Dark Shawn and Henry dialog like we haven't see since season 1. I love how he came back and apologized and said Shawn would be a better dad than him. Likely true, Shawn will learn from his mistakes. 

Shawn saying "my wife" warms my heart. Hearing Shawn say "Wait for it" made me happy. And made me think the Psych musical should have had a song titled that before Hamilton did. Their banter was spot on. They got Toby from West Wing!

Chief Vick - redeeming middle-aged white women named Karen the world over. 

They did a great job including Timothy Omundson's condition and giving him that nice Rear Window homage. Did anyone think his storyline wouldn't end with him walking to Marlowe? I also called the drugged ice chips with truth serum, evil Sarah Chalke and Selene being the pregnant one, but that's not a bad thing. I don't watch Psych waiting for Shyamalan-esque twists. I watch for witty banter, the best of friendships, and homages to everything. Also didn't call Selene invoking Pluto to prove her love for Gus in her proposal, but that just proved her love.

• Love 8

Watching the series, I thought “Last Night Gus” would’ve been a pretty perfect reunion movie. Between the two, we’ve seen a lot of old home week. I’m trying to think of who else I’d like to see. A Despereaux mystery (maybe an answer to whether he was MI6 or a true con artist), Gus’s parents, LLoyd. I’ll have to watch the whole series again with an eye to that.;-)

• Love 4

Stupid power cord that came with the box doesn’t WORK!!!

I’ve been texting with Xomcrap and he’s also telling me I should be able to watch from my existing box. All I can watch is the TRAILER! But not this movie. It’s ridiculous.

• Love 1

“Get THAT dead hand away from me, Shawn.”

”I’m a psychic and he’s (?) a sympathetic pooper.”

And the Classics:

”You must be out of your DAMNED mind!”

”C’mon Son!”

”Waaaaait for iiiiiit..”

And the hilarious “fighting” between Gus and  Shawn-from the elbow jabs to the slapping.

I 🥰❤️🥰❤️🥰❤️🥰❤️🥰 these two SO MUCH! And yes, Dulé, I do want this show to go on FOREVAH!!! 

The only thing that had me 😒😒 was Shawn telling Gus he wasn’t good at riding a motorcycle; or rather his question asking if Gus had ever seen him ride one well. When in the PILOT, and in “The Spelling Bee” we saw him ride-and ride we’ll before he was run off the road.

Bad, James! Forgetting that continuity!

I got excited when I saw Kadeem Hardison in the credits and kept waiting for him. And the didn’t recognize him!! I was like, wha’ happen to Dwayne Wayne??!

It’s Psych so I hand wave it away, but I 🙄at seeing Shawn and Gus munch on the ice chips like they were, well, like chips! Or that they scooped them up like they weren’t ICE chips!

Detested Delores on sight. Good indication she was behind it all.

While Lassie isn’t my favorite character, I adore Timothy and he did a great job! I’m one who didn’t think he sounded “weird” or “fake” in the first movie, which was right around the time he had his stroke. Hence why they had to change the plot. I LOVE both movies. The first one did make me laugh more, though. I remember the live watching and quotes we all posted! Right, @raven?😂😂😂😂😂

I want the next movie for Gus and Shawn to take back the Psych office!

• Love 4
On 7/17/2020 at 9:32 AM, doodlebug said:

So, Jules and Shawn are married and we didn't get their wedding.

They were married in the last episode by the gang leader who was also a justice of the peace or an ordained minister or something like that.

• Love 4
(edited)

First of all, I’m so so sorry to hear about all of the difficulties seeing this gem of a movie.  We love our Psych and this one warmed my heart the whole way.  A great way to spend an afternoon.  I had to rewind several times to re-hear some of the jokes and lines.  It was a huge treat to see everyone and they did a great job.  Must have been so fun for them.  

I enjoyed all of the little cultural references that we expect to hear but have no idea where they’ll pop up.  Pound for pound, minute by minute, this show packs in more wit than any other I can think of.

So many nicknames and lines made me smile, but my favorite might just have to be the familiar “You are out of your damned mind”.  Dule and his line delivery and so-very-Gus facial expressions — just gems.

The ending brought big tears to my eyes — I did NOT expect to feel that way at the end of a Psych movie, but oh, I loved it.  

You can tell how much this crew cherishes Tim-O.  Genuine love in those eyes as they watched him act.  

I watched the first couple of episodes of AMLT but then quit the show so can’t comment on James’ chemistry with the actress, but I thought it was a nice gesture of him to include her here.  Cat-cafe and all!   Jimmi Simpson is a favorite of mine in everything he does so I was delighted to see him / Mary — he’s such a quirky-cute guy IMO.  Like others, I didn’t recognize Kadeem!!

Oh how I hope there are more Psych movies in our future.  

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 3

The movie was so good!

Reading the complaints about Peacock... I am happy that I, um, acquired the movie through another source - since Peacock isn't on Amazon Fire TV stick and I didn't want to have to deal with the headache.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

It was a good movie. I'm so happy that they are able to keep writing Psych movies and the cast comes back still feel the same. Its so rare. I'm glad they did so much with Lassie since he was unable to be in the first movie due to his stroke. I wasn't sure we'd see Marlowe at all. I checked the imdb the movie cast list and Kristy Swanson's imdb a few times and it never listed Psych so I didn't know if she wasn't going to be in it or if they were wrong. I loved how Lassie was able to save himself. It was so him.

The jokes were great and so were the references. I liked that Juliet knew Shawn was lying and investigating the murder. I had been dreading her finding out and them fighting. It made Juliet really come off like she knew Shawn. I liked that that she was doing the same thing and Chief Vick knew but didn't want to know in her Chief like way. I wish there had been more of her. 

Wow, that comment from Henry was cold and truthful I really expected it to have come up in early seasons of Psych and not in the second movie. I did like the apology. 

As always I loved Woody! He was just as funny and crazy as ever. 

I don't know about Gus's girlfriend but I do like that he has someone and the ending with them.  I laughed so hard at whole scene of Gus tripping on the drugged ice chips with the paralyzed guy and a mermaid while we could see what really was happening.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I don't know about Gus's girlfriend but I do like that he has someone and the ending with them. 

Selene was the only character I didn't like -- she seems a little psycho (pun intended) and Gus deserves someone awesome. The writers seemed to have given an "out" with her still being married so we'll see.  Gus has always been drawn to the kinda-crazy females (Kerry Washington was a hoot), but to marry and have a baby with, I'd like to see him finally find someone non-loopy.

• Love 5
On 7/15/2020 at 11:18 PM, tessaray said:

I had to create a new free account with a different email and uninstall/reinstall the app on my Android before it would load. I'm about a third of the way through.  Just taking a quick break.

Still makes me wonder why the Premium level didn't work but oh well. I hope the new BSG reboot will be worth it eventually. It's obvious from the lack of content that they must have  really been counting on the Olympics.

Covid stopped production on a lot of shows they were planning for launch and the lack of Olympics hurts as well

• Love 1
On 7/17/2020 at 7:47 PM, bettername2come said:

"You nearly This Is Us'd the whole block." "Dad, why are you still watching that? They've got the same show on ABC but newer." So busy laughing at the "bite the hand that feeds you" humor and reference to James's show that it took me a full 5 minutes to remember Timothy Omundson is on This Is Us.

I wonder if Tim had been cast in This Is Us yet when he did this. I do know that this was his first acting role after the stroke. 

On 7/16/2020 at 10:17 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

And a West Wing reunion!!!!!

Since they made a direct Scrubs reference with Sarah Chalke, I was waiting for them to say that Gus and the Doctor were in The West Wing of the hospital since it was such a big hospital.

The movie was fun but it did feel a little like they were working around schedules a la Arrested Development Season 4.  As long as James and Dule could be together for the whole thing, they'd fit everyone else in somehow.

I loved that they hired Joel McHale to play the father considering Tim and Joel are friends in real life.  They didn't even tell Tim until Joel showed up on set.

• Love 4

I watched the movie this afternoon.  I hadn't seen the first Psych movie until earlier this week - also using peacock.  I have Cox Contour, so pretty easy to set up.  Really enjoyed both movies, but it was great seeing Omundson.  He first came to my attention in Judging Amy, and I've liked him ever since.  Very funny in Galavant, too.

• Love 4

I'm rewatching The West Wing, and whaddya know? Nearly half the main cast on this show appeared on that show! EXCEPT none shared any scenes together!

Of course, Dulé  was part of the main cast.

Corbin Bernsen appeared as a Republican Congressman in two episodes, where he was on for five minutes, TOPS (so far. I'm in Season 3)

Kirsten Nelson played a young Mrs. Landingham in a flashback episode.

But Dulé looked like such a baby in the first season!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4
On 7/20/2020 at 2:03 PM, MerBearHou said:

Selene was the only character I didn't like -- she seems a little psycho (pun intended) and Gus deserves someone awesome. The writers seemed to have given an "out" with her still being married so we'll see.  Gus has always been drawn to the kinda-crazy females (Kerry Washington was a hoot), but to marry and have a baby with, I'd like to see him finally find someone non-loopy.

Selene wasn’t my favorite (Mira ftw!), but I like when Gus has someone take him out of his comfort zone. I think his real personality came out in “Last Night Gus” which is one of my favorite episodes. I love the no fucks to give confidence from the “...ballin’ and shot callin’” Gus.

• Love 3