Type keyword(s) to search

Psych - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 4/28/2020 at 7:32 PM, raven said:

I watched High Top Fade Out, which is so good on so many levels - the singing! Tony Todd (though underutilized)! Gus's speech "you broke my heart" to his college buddies!

and this, which I know I've mentioned before but just makes me laugh and laugh

I LOVE "High Top Fade-Out" soooo much and having Boyz II Men sing the opening and closing credits? Perfect Icing on the cake! It now makes me wish they'd had cameo'd on the show!

And though it was two seasons later, it makes me wonder why Shawn and Gus were so HORRIBLE in "American Duos" when it's clear in this episode, that they both CAN SING.

And as much as I LOVE this episode, there aren't enough words to express my loathing and rage against both Lassie and Juliet. ESPECIALLY since in last season, Shawn saved Lassie's hide and helped to clear him of killing that drug dealer.

Lassie is just such a raging hypocrite here. He insisted on trying work on the case where he was framed, and in "Shawn Has the Yips" where he thought he was the target. And that was two previous episodes ago.

I loved the BURN that Gus gave Juliet in "You Can't Handle This Episode" when she was acting all indignant and haughty that her darrrrrling brotherrrrrr couldn't have killed anyone, by bringing up how she and Lassie charged and believed his parents could commit murder.

But, I digress.

Makes me wonder if the airing of these episodes should have been in a different order. Like this one should have aired before the others? So it would make sense?

But my love for Juliet took a deep dive starting with this episode, and I don't care that she nearly died in the finale with Part II of the Yang episode.

And I noticed that Kirsten Nelson/Vick appeared less and less starting this season. She SHOULD have been in this episode, but wasn't.

And I LOVED Shawn's BURN to Julieeeeeettttt about how he was going to help his best friend since she and the SBPD couldn't be bothered. I don't CARE that it was a "long sting op" that had her acting like Shawn and Gus were fame-whore strangers.

And in the next episode, it's like THIS episode never happened!

But yeah, I wanted more of Tony Todd!

James mentioned on USA how that scene of Gus telling Joon and Tony how they broke his heart made it seem like he was on another level and he and the others didn't know how to react, Dulé  was so good and the scene so emotional.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Ailianna said:

Just a quick note, @GHScorpiosRule, it's Juliette, or Jules, not Julia.  Otherwise, I agree with your assessment.

D'OH! I knew something didn't look right! I'm blaming it on the isolation of working remotely for 7 weeks now and counting...

All fixed.

5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

D'OH! I knew something didn't look right! I'm blaming it on the isolation of working remotely for 7 weeks now and counting...

All fixed.

The isolation is affecting all of us in our own unique ways!

7 hours ago, Ailianna said:

Just a quick note, @GHScorpiosRule, it's Juliette, or Jules, not Julia.  Otherwise, I agree with your assessment.

I think/am pretty sure the correct spelling of O’Hara’s first name is Juliet—as in “Romeo and... “.

3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Psych cast reunites to talk classic moments

This is great. It's a compilation of the takes between the episodes that aired on USA. Now I don't have to fast forward through my not so favorite episodes just to catch this. Most were between Roday and Hill, but I think the whole group was for the last four seasons.

• Love 3
On 4/28/2020 at 2:36 PM, Kiddvideo said:

Oh, sorry! Lassie Jerky. When they meet Kate and Chavo in the woods and Gus realizes Shawn lied to him about the Sassyquatch.

In my estimation, one of the best written episodes of the series. The timing and dialogue are great!  I love this episode.  I was disappointed it didn't get mentioned in the Zoom talks. 

• Love 4
On 4/28/2020 at 12:36 PM, Kiddvideo said:

Oh, sorry! Lassie Jerky. When they meet Kate and Chavo in the woods and Gus realizes Shawn lied to him about the Sassyquatch.

Gus never seems to learn from that. Shawn is always lying and tricking him into doing stuff. You'd think at some point he'd learn from it!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Gus never seems to learn from that. Shawn is always lying and tricking him into doing stuff. You'd think at some point he'd learn from it!

His love of smoked meats clouds his judgement.  🙂

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

His love of smoked meats clouds his judgement.  🙂

Not just that. He shows up at Psych at one point because Shawn told him he found baby bunnies and needed his help. Or the time he let Shawn drive and mentions he's been going the wrong way to the restaurant for two hours. Why did it take him so long to realize they were going the wrong way and why would he ever let Shawn drive? Or when Gus mentions he learned not to trust Shawn at the Mexican border, twice. Dude how did he get you there the second time? 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Not just that. He shows up at Psych at one point because Shawn told him he found baby bunnies and needed his help. Or the time he let Shawn drive and mentions he's been going the wrong way to the restaurant for two hours. Why did it take him so long to realize they were going the wrong way and why would he ever let Shawn drive? Or when Gus mentions he learned not to trust Shawn at the Mexican border, twice. Dude how did he get you there the second time? 

I guess that's part of the comedy. Gus trusts Shawn, even though Shawn has given him many reasons not to. They're still friends though, because deep down, Gus likes what Shawn brings to his life. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, cardigirl said:

I guess that's part of the comedy. Gus trusts Shawn, even though Shawn has given him many reasons not to. They're still friends though, because deep down, 

It is and its funny how often Gus gets duped by him. Although you'd think he'd learn to be more suspicious.

Gus likes what Shawn brings to his life. 

Gus mentioned that when it looks like he and Shawn are about to be killed by Yin and says what he needs to say to Shawn. 

• Love 1

It goes both ways.. Like when Gus distracted Shawn with a Snickers on Ferry Tale to get him to go on the discoverers trip. And in Thrill Seekers and Hell Raisers when he distracted Shawn with petting bunnies to tell him about his secret girlfriend. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, talktoomuch said:

It goes both ways.. Like when Gus distracted Shawn with a Snickers on Ferry Tale to get him to go on the discoverers trip. And in Thrill Seekers and Hell Raisers when he distracted Shawn with petting bunnies to tell him about his secret girlfriend. 

It does and I do love how they both use bunnies at one point. 

• Love 2

Here's a bit of Trivia:

Jay Chandrashekar, who played, Jay, of course, in "Bollywood Homicide" is Sendhil Ramamurthy's cousin in real life! You know 🥰💘🥰Sendhil🥰💘🥰--he played Raj!

I officially HATE Peacock. Yes, yes, it's now available, but when I try to watch season one, of say, Law & Order, Mothership, it takes me BACK to the frickin' Sundance channel, where episodes are currently airing. Same for SVU (not that I watch anymore; I was testing). When the point of this stupidass streaming/on demand channel on ComCrap is to be able to watch unedited episodes!

So I'm not going back there until July 15, when the movie will drop.

NBC/Peacock can certainly learn a thing or gazillion from Disney + or the other streaming networks.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Here's a bit of Trivia:

Jay Chandrashekar, who played, Jay, of course, in "Bollywood Homicide" is Sendhil Ramamurthy's cousin in real life! You know 🥰💘🥰Sendhil🥰💘🥰--he played Raj!

I officially HATE Peacock. Yes, yes, it's now available, but when I try to watch season one, of say, Law & Order, Mothership, it takes me BACK to the frickin' Sundance channel, where episodes are currently airing. Same for SVU (not that I watch anymore; I was testing). When the point of this stupidass streaming/on demand channel on ComCrap is to be able to watch unedited episodes!

So I'm not going back there until July 15, when the movie will drop.

NBC/Peacock can certainly learn a thing or gazillion from Disney + or the other streaming networks.

Yeah, I looked through Peacock when it was added to Xfinity but it didn't have anything I wanted to see. Pretty much every TV show it had still airs on one or more channels. At least I'll get to watch Psych 2 movie for free. Except for that I can see why its free. There's nothing there worth watching. 

On 5/18/2020 at 3:48 PM, andromeda331 said:

Yeah, I looked through Peacock when it was added to Xfinity but it didn't have anything I wanted to see. Pretty much every TV show it had still airs on one or more channels. At least I'll get to watch Psych 2 movie for free. Except for that I can see why its free. There's nothing there worth watching. 

Which makes it suck worse that those of us without Xfinity are going to have to pay for a crappy channel just to watch the movie. I hope they have a free trial.

• Love 2

Oh no. I’ve been avoiding reading anything about the movie. I thought it was June 15th release, so I came here today bc I wanted to tease myself to get more excited right before. Another month.

C’mon NBC. Everyone—Peacock included—needs a win.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Do we have any indication whether the movie will be available for free or will it only be on the paid versions of Peacock?

This whole thing is so confusing NBC.   I signed up for the special rate offer but then got an email saying "see you July 15!"  What if I miss it that night, will it even be repeated?  

I'd rather just buy the show from some service but it's not clear to me if we can do that.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, roseha said:

This whole thing is so confusing NBC.   I signed up for the special rate offer but then got an email saying "see you July 15!"  What if I miss it that night, will it even be repeated?  

I'd rather just buy the show from some service but it's not clear to me if we can do that.

It really is. It's not a streaming service, like say NetFlix, Prime or CBS Access, etc. It's like an On Demand service. It's not available for me to download Peacock on my Amazon Firestick. I HAVE to watch it via ComCrap under the On Demand option.

That said, July 15th is when it drops nationwide. I would assume it would be up and available for a long time. They've set this stupid service up to offer not only old shows, but movies, like this one. And the people at ComCrap don't know anything, either.

• Love 1

Basically, it sounds like nobody knows anything because NBC doesn't want to give any information out until it drops. So stupid lol.

2 hours ago, roseha said:

I signed up for the special rate offer but then got an email saying "see you July 15!" 

Where did you sign up?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

Basically, it sounds like nobody knows anything because NBC doesn't want to give any information out until it drops. So stupid lol.

Where did you sign up?

I think it was the Peacock website.  Someone on another thread here (I think on streaming services) said there was a reduced yearly plan being offered.

It's still being offered here for $29 a year:

https://www.peacocktv.com/earlysignup

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/26/2020 at 10:46 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I just wanna know if I'm gonna have to pay to see it or not lol.

Unless the kind-hearted people at NBCU have taken pity on a suffering nation, it’s under the Premium option, and non-Comcast subscribers will have to pay. (Or hope there’s a free 7-day trial.) Hulu had the same tier system when it launched, iirc.

Psych 2 is one of the few new, original content shows Peacock has at the moment. We’re going to have to pay. 👎🏼 

Edited by Kiddvideo
Removed pricing models
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Another question you may have the answer to @Kiddvideo, will Peacock be available on Roku?

From what I understand, and what was conveyed to me, as I do have ComCrap, Peacock is not available as its own streaming service on other platforms, like with the CBS, ABC apps. It's only available as an On Demand service through ComCrap.

I was informed, it's not available on Amazon Firestick. Of course, I don't have Roku or Apple, so maybe they have deals with them to allow people to watch the shows on Peacock.

• Love 1

Last I heard, Peacock won't have a Roku or FireTV app on debut.  If you have an iPad, or Apple anything you should be fine. It will be on X-Box too. It seems like there is an Android app but I haven't looked for it yet.  The article below says there is a free trial.

https://www.cnet.com/news/nbc-peacock-prices-free-trial-discounts-preorders-devices-us-launch-dates-shows-movies-originals/  

eta: I may cough up the $29 for a year since I read that NBC has promised that the ad-supported version will only have 5 ads minutes per hour. I can live with that, even though I didn't want to add another subscription. I am maxed out with the monthly stuff. 

• Love 1

I've read all this stuff, and granted, I'm not a big streamer, but I still can't figure out how to watch it on something other than my little phone screen.  Can anyone explain for the technology semi-literate?  I have Spectrum cable, roku, and fire sticks, and a very small iphone.  I also don't prefer to watch on my computer, but...

Thank you in advance!

48 minutes ago, Ailianna said:

I have Spectrum cable, roku, and fire sticks, and a very small iphone.  I also don't prefer to watch on my computer, but...

Sometimes apps can be side-loaded on the Fire devices, as it's Amazon's version of Android.  And I think there are screen mirroring apps that might work from the iPhone to the Roku but they can be iffy with paid streaming services. (Not an Apple person, so that's the extent of my knowledge.)  The computer might be the only option at first. 

I forgot to add that there will be an app for Chromecast and Android TV, too.  We have an older Shield in the bedroom, so I may watch on that.  It does seem odd that Roku won't be available on launch but I suspect that Roku and Amazon (FireTV) may want more than NBCU is willing to give at the moment. Who knows, maybe there will be a late-breaking deal. 

I can usually cast videos from the Chrome browser to my Sony Android TV (when my guest network feels like cooperating) so hopefully that will be one way I can catch this movie.

I have to say though, what is NBC *thinking*?  They had all this time to prepare this service and they have made it so difficult.

• Love 1
On 7/7/2020 at 12:32 PM, tessaray said:

eta: I may cough up the $29 for a year since I read that NBC has promised that the ad-supported version will only have 5 ads minutes per hour. I can live with that, even though I didn't want to add another subscription. I am maxed out with the monthly stuff. 

I’m with you here, not just to get the Psych movie but to keep access to the shows that are on Hulu as well as NBC Sports including the Olympics. NBC sold their share in Hulu, so I expect everything to be pulled off as soon as contracts expire. Not that I want to pay another monthly fee or manage another app. Death by a thousand cuts.

• Love 1
On 7/7/2020 at 9:40 AM, peachmangosteen said:

Boo! That annoys me lol. I mean, I'm still gonna give them my money, but I hope they know they've annoyed me!

ETA: Oh and thanks for the info!

Another question you may have the answer to @Kiddvideo, will Peacock be available on Roku?

Just a thought: I don’t know what you do in your day-to-day life, but if this ties into your day job or your career goals and you’re using it to try to generate income, maybe you can expense it on your taxes?

Well DAMMIT!!!! STOOPID COMCRAP won't let me watch it! I click on the icon for Pscyh II: Lassie Come Home, and it takes me to stupidass Where's Waldo?

I'm on the phone with them now to find out WHY the movie isn't listed under original content or why when I click on it, it won't launch!

giphy.gif

I pre-subbed to the Premium plan with ads ($30.00), waited up until after midnight and couldn't even watch it. The only way I could see it was on the web where I wasn't signed in to my account. WTH? And it still wouldn't let me watch it. I was too tired by that point to create a new account and try again.  It was weird though, I didn't see any free content signed into the Android app, just the Premium stuff.  Are they going to make us use 2 apps?  Not going to say worst roll-out ever but it's up there... 

I haven't tried today yet because of work.  Hopefully someone has enjoyed it by now. 

• Love 1

My experience was:  no luck on a Roku or Android, but on a Windows 10 computer running Chrome, everything loaded and worked fine.  I've only seen the first 30 minutes, but...they're back, it's awesome.

You have to register an account, but you can get one for free, and then you have to sit through "160 seconds of ads" (their language), and then it played without interruption.

• Love 1