Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
CuriousParker

Psych

Recommended Posts


Darn. I was hoping Psych would make the cut.

Re-watching again thanks to Prime Video Psych was really good at giving good lines or parts to guest stars even ones who weren't the person who hired them on the case or villains. Like the janitor in From Earth to Starbucks popping up to tell Shawn he's doing it wrong when he's trying get into the room or in American Duos when Shawn and Gus show up and Gus says his line about being in the presence of a homicidal sociopath and the contestant immediately assumes he's talking about his brother "No, no, no. He's not crazy. We got a doctor's note and everything."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, bettername2come said:

I'm blaming the death of the large thread for making me order the complete series on DVD. Sadly the movie is not included.

That is very sad. 

Share this post


Link to post

13 hours ago, bettername2come said:

I'm blaming the death of the large thread for making me order the complete series on DVD. Sadly the movie is not included.

I got the series a few years ago, after Netflix dropped it and before Amazon Prime Video started airing them. It's worth the reasonable price, and since I rewatch it over and over again, I'm happy. I think the movie is available separately? It wouldn't be part of the series, as it just came out last year, and it's a standalone movie. 

This topic will be one logistical nightmare after the new version, with all the episode talk, unpopular opinions, media talk, cast in other roles AND quotes in just this one single thread.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I got the series a few years ago, after Netflix dropped it and before Amazon Prime Video started airing them. It's worth the reasonable price, and since I rewatch it over and over again, I'm happy. I think the movie is available separately? It wouldn't be part of the series, as it just came out last year, and it's a standalone movie. 

This topic will be one logistical nightmare after the new version, with all the episode talk, unpopular opinions, media talk, cast in other roles AND quotes in just this one single thread.

I do have it recorded from TV saved on my computer, but I couldn’t find it in dvd. 

I’m sad about the small threads. Expanding the number of threads was my favorite thing about switching from TWOP to Previously.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Its my fault too. I had my access to Psych cut off until recently when I learned I have Prime Video and on my TV! So just recently got back to watching Psych back to back. 

Share this post


Link to post

I have been rewatching Psych for a few months now since its available on Amazon Prime, and in the meantime, I am waiting on news about the movie sequel in which I am excited about!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

When I don’t feel like watching something on my DVR, I always turn to Prime’s Psych. I have seasons 1-4 on dvd but they are somewhere in my garage and I’m too lazy to get them. Amazon really saved the day with picking it up once Netflix dropped it. Seasons 1-3 are still hilarious no matter how many times I have watched those episodes, but even the later seasons that I initially was not fond of has grown on me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, twoods said:

When I don’t feel like watching something on my DVR, I always turn to Prime’s Psych. I have seasons 1-4 on dvd but they are somewhere in my garage and I’m too lazy to get them. Amazon really saved the day with picking it up once Netflix dropped it. Seasons 1-3 are still hilarious no matter how many times I have watched those episodes, but even the later seasons that I initially was not fond of has grown on me.

Me too. Its fun to listen too no matter how many times I watch it. The first three were the best followed by four, then five. Since getting prime video I've used it a lot when I'm trying to fall asleep or I'm having flare ups from my medical problems. Its nice to turn it on and listen to it for several episodes. Its still funny no matter how many times I watch it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

On 12/25/2018 at 8:43 PM, bettername2come said:

I'm blaming the death of the large thread for making me order the complete series on DVD. Sadly the movie is not included.

I (or Amazon) was wrong! The movie is in this set!

And because I’m rewatching and there’s no longer a quotes thread, a couple of gems from Lassie Did a Bad, Bad Thing.

Gus: Did you know before he stabbed a guy he was a life coach?

Shawn: Who would hire him as a life coach?

Gus: The guy he stabbed!

 

Lassie: Even sweet Lady Justice has abandoned me. Bitch.

Edited by bettername2come
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The show returns to HMMC tomorrow as all day marathon with the pilot.  According to my dvr schedule, it’s back for  at least the next two weeks.

That's great!

Share this post


Link to post

It was really fun watching the first season and part of season two. Those were really great seasons! American Duos, Who Ya Gonna Call?, 9 Lives almost every episode is awesome and hilarious. The friendship and fun between Gus and Shawn is really awesome. I really like early Lassie and Juliet. Buzz is always great. The Chief is great. Plus seeing her cranky in Rob-A-Baby she's scary. I also really liked that her former nanny was her nephew who ended up being her nanny again by transferring to Santa Barbara for nursing. Its really nice touch. Watching Ghosts I missed Shawn mentioning he visited Alice from season one finale for helping in haunting Gus's boss. 

I know I've ranted about this before but Cybill Shepherd was so miscast. I'm not even sure it makes sense to have Shawn's mother alive. I tried to be opened minded when watching Ghosts. But there's no warmth in her. No warmth in her interactions with Shawn or with Henry. Plus Madeline makes no sense. She's psychologist but somehow  doesn't know that Shawn blames Henry for the divorce. How does she not know that? In the pilot episode Shawn mentions being with her helping her through the divorce. There's no way Shawn would even bothered to hid that he blamed Henry for it. Plus her reason for the divorce she comes off really selfish. A good job opportunity came up so she thought her son in his senior year would totally take it well that his parents suddenly divorce. I can't imagine any teen take it well at that age. Then in the high school reunion she tries to point out to Henry that all Shawn's toy cars were cop cars. Why wasn't she doing anything while her husband was clearly trying to make his son grow up to be a police officer? Why didn't she ever try to stop him? Try to do something about it? You'd think that would be reason for a divorce. But no she apparently just stands by and does nothing until he's a senior and then leaves. It just doesn't make any sense. It would have make more sense if Shawn's mother was dead or she bailed on both when Shawn was young. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, 17wheatthins said:

No, I didn't! I've been swamped at work what with the government finally open so all the stays on my cases have been lifted! But OH.M.GEEEEEE!!!!!!!

giphy.gif giphy.gif

giphy.gif

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, 17wheatthins said:

I came late to the Paych love, but I am so THRILLED to see another movie being made 💚❤️💙🧡💜 

Thanks to @GHScorpiosRule for all the gifs which initially piqued my interest. 

You're welcome. Shawn and Gus are THE ULTIMATE ♥️♥️OTP♥️♥️ as far as I'm concerned. They just make EVERYTHING Better! I'll be deluging this thread with all the quotes from the forum. 😁

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

You know its funny how no one at the high school reunion seem to know much about Gus and Shawn. I mean sure Gus lists a few things to the woman he was talking to and she remembered seeing them on American Duos. But no one remembers them from discovering a dinosaur? Part of the defense team for Sandra Panitch Shawn even talked to the camera. None of the nerds or former nerds remember them from Tri-Con? The Spanish soap opera? Black and Tan? From the Spelling Bee? I mean I don't expect everyone to remember all of those. But you'd think some would have. I do love what Shawn says about Gus at the end. It was really nice.

Edited by andromeda331
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/9/2019 at 7:23 AM, andromeda331 said:

You know its funny how no one at the high school reunion seem to know much about Gus and Shawn. I mean sure Gus lists a few things to the woman he was talking to and she remembered seeing them on American Duos. But no one remembers them from discovering a dinosaur? Part of the defense team for Sandra Panitch Shawn even talked to the camera. None of the nerds or former nerds remember them from Tri-Con? The Spanish soap opera? Black and Tan? From the Spelling Bee? I mean I don't expect everyone to remember all of those. But you'd think some would have. I do love what Shawn says about Gus at the end. It was really nice.

That’s assuming everyone remained in Santa Barbara; read the same paper, etc.

The Telenovella isn’t something EVERYONE would watch; same as American Duos

It didn't bother me that some or most didn’t.

Share this post


Link to post

Excited for the new movie! 

I’ve been enjoying James Roday in A Million Little Things. Still has his great snark and comic timing but gets to stretch his dramatic skills too. 

And I saw Kirsten Nelson on This Is Us this week. Just a bit part as a nurse but it was nice to see her.

Does anyone follow Dule on Instagram? He posts pictures of some of the people who have been coming out to see him in his play and Curt Smith (Tears for Fears) was in one. So fun!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/21/2019 at 1:52 PM, desertflower said:

Does anyone follow Dule on Instagram? He posts pictures of some of the people who have been coming out to see him in his play and Curt Smith (Tears for Fears) was in one. So fun!

How could Curt Smith come out to see his play, he was killed by Clizby?

Rewatching it again, and I forgot how awesome the Yin/Yang Trilogy was.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Jediknight said:

How could Curt Smith come out to see his play, he was killed by Clizby?

Rewatching it again, and I forgot how awesome the Yin/Yang Trilogy was.

It really was. No matter how many times I rewatch Yin/Yang I think the same thing. I love the clues, the hunt, Mary, and I am still surprised that they ended the first episode with Yang getting captured. So many shows would have had her getaway somehow to have her come and go a few more times before getting captured and then revealing Yin. I love the Hitchcock clues! Gus and Shawn wearing racquet ball clothes to Mary's funeral. Shawn making jokes in the first episode like its no big deal but when Gus calls him on it he explains he has to so he can do his job. Gus then making jokes the rest of the episode to help him out. Mary putting the mouse in his pocket and seeing the mouse turn up in the next Yin/Yang episode as his pet. Ally Sheedy did a great job playing crazy Yang.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

20 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

It really was. No matter how many times I rewatch Yin/Yang I think the same thing. I love the clues, the hunt, Mary, and I am still surprised that they ended the first episode with Yang getting captured. So many shows would have had her getaway somehow to have her come and go a few more times before getting captured and then revealing Yin. I love the Hitchcock clues! Gus and Shawn wearing racquet ball clothes to Mary's funeral. Shawn making jokes in the first episode like its no big deal but when Gus calls him on it he explains he has to so he can do his job. Gus then making jokes the rest of the episode to help him out. Mary putting the mouse in his pocket and seeing the mouse turn up in the next Yin/Yang episode as his pet. Ally Sheedy did a great job playing crazy Yang.  

Possibly the best thing about it was that everybody got a chance to be badass, and had a part in bringing down Yin, Yang, and Allison.  Nobody got shafted, Shawn was the main character, but the writers made sure that everybody got that moment to shine, and they're all a reason the killers were brought to justice.  We all know what Shawn did, but Gus solved the train puzzle in the 1st episode, he realized that Yin was using movies, he jumped into the hole to save Jules in part 2, he and Lassie saved Jules later, and he had the great "I don't blame you" speech in part 3.  Lassie and Jules solved the puzzle after Shawn left in part 1, he immediately called Shawn when he found the waitress's car, he didn't hesitate to go save Jules, he and Gus save Jules, and he comforts Jules after it.  Jules helped Lassie solve the puzzle in part 1, told Gus to stay put when they were in the bar before falling into the trap, and kicked the crap out of Allison.  Mary knew there was a Yin, knew the mouse was the important thing in part 1, he knew Yang didn't kill anybody, and he finally gets to play racquetball.  Henry helped save Abigail, McNab even solved the first riddle in part 2, and Vick did what she does which is take charge.  Every character we knew and loved, played a part in taking down those 3.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Jediknight said:

Possibly the best thing about it was that everybody got a chance to be badass, and had a part in bringing down Yin, Yang, and Allison.  Nobody got shafted, Shawn was the main character, but the writers made sure that everybody got that moment to shine, and they're all a reason the killers were brought to justice.  We all know what Shawn did, but Gus solved the train puzzle in the 1st episode, he realized that Yin was using movies, he jumped into the hole to save Jules in part 2, he and Lassie saved Jules later, and he had the great "I don't blame you" speech in part 3.  Lassie and Jules solved the puzzle after Shawn left in part 1, he immediately called Shawn when he found the waitress's car, he didn't hesitate to go save Jules, he and Gus save Jules, and he comforts Jules after it.  Jules helped Lassie solve the puzzle in part 1, told Gus to stay put when they were in the bar before falling into the trap, and kicked the crap out of Allison.  Mary knew there was a Yin, knew the mouse was the important thing in part 1, he knew Yang didn't kill anybody, and he finally gets to play racquetball.  Henry helped save Abigail, McNab even solved the first riddle in part 2, and Vick did what she does which is take charge.  Every character we knew and loved, played a part in taking down those 3.

Seriously. There are movie trilogies far less satisfying. And I absolutely love the relationships we see there. Like how Shawn  can only save Abigail if he knows Gus is saving Jules, Lassie hugging Jules, Shawn and Henry hugging, Gus and Shawn arguing over who gets to die first and doesn’t have to watch the other go, “I would protect you” “And I would protect you right back.” Even Yang rescuing Shawn is weirdly heartwarming, along with the reveal that she never actually killed anyone.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, bettername2come said:

Seriously. There are movie trilogies far less satisfying. And I absolutely love the relationships we see there. Like how Shawn  can only save Abigail if he knows Gus is saving Jules, Lassie hugging Jules, Shawn and Henry hugging, Gus and Shawn arguing over who gets to die first and doesn’t have to watch the other go, “I would protect you” “And I would protect you right back.” Even Yang rescuing Shawn is weirdly heartwarming, along with the reveal that she never actually killed anyone.

I love how Yang kills her father and he says I never loved you. Instead of crying or getting upset, she just says I know. Shawn seeing Yin when he arrives to rescue Abigail but has to let him go to save Abigail. Right before Lassie hugs Jules who breaks down she's talking to another officer getting angry and Lassie simple walks up behind him grabs him by his clothes and moves him out of the way. Jules trying not to break down but does. I even like that Jules wasn't back to work in the opener of season 5 but working in City Hall. She was stalling but also understandable after what happened to her.  Gus and Lassie working together to save Jules. Lassie going to get Jules and when Vick tries to stop him pointing out a civilian has been kidnapped and she has to be given priority Lassie also pointing out that she did have other units and he was going to go get his partner. There's so many great lines and moments over the trilogy.   

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Gus and Lassie working together to save Jules.

Who does the Chief send up the stairs to save Jules?  Just Lassie and Gus, she knows the only way they'd fail is if they were killed.  Every other officer will monitor the perimeter, because she's got complete faith in Lassie and Gus.  Lassie doesn't object for even a second to Gus being sent with him, he doesn't have a problem when Gus tells him what to do.  Lassie knew that the only way Gus was letting go of that hand, would be if it chopped off his fingers.  Lassie had snapped at Gus earlier, because he thought Gus was going to crack jokes again, but he also knows that Gus does love Jules as a sister, and won't let her die.  Great way to show how far the character of Lassie had come since the beginning of the series, without putting a big neon sign over it.  They didn't tell you over the course of the series, they instead showed you that Lassie had grown to deeply care for Gus and Shawn.

Edited by Jediknight
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I have no idea how to link to this, as it showed up as a weird pop up thing on my computer, but apparently Assiello does a series where he interviews actors on the subway.  He did an interview with James Roday in which the new Psych movie was discussed.  There are, truly Psych-like, no spoilers for the movie, but I can't tell you what happens in the interview, because it would spoil THAT.

I found it.

Edited by Ailianna
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Everytime I hear about Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s baby I think about Psych: It’s Quarter Black. Which reminds me of Joon’s “Not even if Jesus were our manager” line, the discussion that followed, and then their agreement that the group *would* get back together if Jesus were their manager. One of my favorite episodes.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, Kiddvideo said:

Everytime I hear about Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s baby I think about Psych: It’s Quarter Black. Which reminds me of Joon’s “Not even if Jesus were our manager” line, the discussion that followed, and then their agreement that the group *would* get back together if Jesus were their manager. One of my favorite episodes.

I love that episode too. They were so funny. After Gus agrees Shawn starts singing "If Jesus was our manager." 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm watching "High Top Fade Out" right now.  I love this one so much - Shawn's surprise and happiness when Gus gets up at the funeral and sings (any time Gus sings, Shawn gets that expression on his face) is such a nice touch.

At the computer place where Gus's murdered friend worked:

Supervisor - can either of you guys "techobabble, technobabble" 

Shawn - no, but I make a straw wrapper crawl like a worm.  Oh, I can make the inside of my elbow look like a butt. *demonstrates*

lolololol 

Then later, when Gus tells the other members of Blackapella "it was about college and friendship and having the best times of our lives and you betrayed me, the both of you.  You got your minds mixed up in all kinds of nonsense and it broke my heart"  :((

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

What was with Juliet getting all mad at Gus for deciding to change his clothes in Shawn Takes a Shot in the Dark? It was weird and she kind of flipped out. He was wearing pajamas and this was the first chance he had to change his clothes. Juliet gets all mad at him stealing Shawn's clothes and saying he's not dead. Ah, yeah , Juliet he knows that. He's not stealing clothes, he was borrowing them. Although as it turned out most of them were Gus's clothes.I don't know why Juliet would even think that or get so upset with Gus.  Its a really weird moment.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

The best episodes were when the writers were still aware that Shawn is a genius who acts like an idiot, not an actual idiot.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

I love American Duos. When the country singing brothers come out celebrating and say to Shawn, "Nigel called us a curious cocktail of inbreeding and Type 2 Diabetes" I die laughing.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Along with...was it "A crime of fashion"?...one of my favourite episodes. "Nose hair trimmers - invest!" lol!!!!

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, slf said:

I love American Duos. When the country singing brothers come out celebrating and say to Shawn, "Nigel called us a curious cocktail of inbreeding and Type 2 Diabetes" I die laughing.

I love that one too. That line cracks me up along with his "Australians are mean" line and at the end when Gus announces their in the presence of a sociopath while those two are on stage he immediately response that his brother's fine they got a doctor note and everything. Nigel has the best lines when he insults the two girls who haven't even sang yet. Emelina's lines are the second best calling Lassie Mr. Bean and Tony Randall, insisting the forklift she stole was a publicity stunt, when Lassie asks who when through her purse answers "I'm can't be sure I thought I was dreaming but it might have been a werewolf." Thinking Shawn and Gus were wearing purple during their audition. Shawn and Gus creeping down the hallway against the wall and them stopping as the guy in the motorized wheelchair goes by. Nigel's awesome critique of his murderer. 

6 hours ago, swanpride said:

Along with...was it "A crime of fashion"?...one of my favourite episodes. "Nose hair trimmers - invest!" lol!!!!

I love that one too. From Gus refusing to start investigating until after his birthday is over. No one believing Shawn was really a model and everyone insulting Gregor at his funeral even Gus who didn't even know him. Shawn asking Lassie if he comes down and bugs him when he's at work and Lassie answering all the time.   

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Though the best thing about A Crime of Fashion is the case itself. It is one of the cleverer ones.

My favourite joke is Shawn coming down the stairs with morning head and everyone else looks like they have groomed for hours but have supposedly just woken um themselves.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

One of my favorite late-series episodes is Lassie Jerky. Just beginning to end, it's hilarious. Shawn luring Gus into the woods by convincing him there's a bbq joint built into the side of a cave called the Sassy Quatch that almost no one knows about. Shawn telling Gus he enrolled him in classes at the university to study hermeneutics- "I think it's the study of the Munsters, so we should be fine" "Shawn, hermeneutics is the study of theory" "Well, that feels redundant." Gus freaking out that he may have a test on Friday, "I need to find a syllabus!" Gus eating the meat left out to lure the sasquatch that has a tracker in it. Lassie stepping into the bear trap and Jules going into badass mode to save her partner by pushing a tree over. "You found my shoe!" Everyone's hilarious faces when yelling after Ed entered the cabin still wearing his camo outfit. Everyone constantly being annoyed by and cutting off I Grew Up On A Commune chick. Poor Ed's "you guys are using me as a chest of drawers, aren't you?" as Gus and Shawn try to prop him against the front door to block the Serbs from entering. Lassie saying Ed carried him like a baby fawn. Juliet once against going into beast mode when the Serbs attack and shooting them with a crossbow. Shawn, proud, excitedly yelling, "Lassie! Jules knows how to use a crossbow!" Gus eating the meat when they thought it was Lassie.

I always stop to watch that ep whenever it's on.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

I love Lassie Jerky too.  Don't forget Lassie catching the camera one-handed after the hawk dropped it and Shawn's nearly speechless admiration.

Even though I own the series, "American Duos" popped up on TV and I'm watching it.  Is this a perfect episode or what??  It kind of gets pushed aside because of how awesome Tim Curry is, but Gina Gershon is hilarious.  The way she stops talking in mid sentence and stares off into space when Gus and Shawn are auditioning and then randomly pulls off her shoe, LOL. 

Shawn SpenceStar and Gus "TT" Showbiz.  I laugh whenever I hear "Take on Me" or "Shout" now.

Or Juliet talking about her time at camp "suffice it to say I don't like liars who steal nail polish and then pass out when you slap them a little on the back of the head"

I love when Zapato goes off on Nigel at the end and Nigel's snarky remarks:

"WHY.WON'T.YOU.DIE???

That was your plan??  Has to be the poorest executed attack in history. I was two feet way from you all the time!  You are absolutely, without doubt the worst murderer I've ever seen!"

LOL

Oh hey, I was searching around and I've never seen this old promo before.  I've seen the "Ebony and Ivory" one.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

And season one is BACK!!!!

But a big GIANT BOO! For cutting out the opening where Shawn guesses who the thief is while making out with some floozy. Because we can’t have kissing now? And they cut out the ending where Shawn shows Gus their office. And a whole bunch of other stuff. I don’t understand why cable can’t make the pilot into two episodes!🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

But it’s SMART SHAWN!!!! Funny Shawn! Charming Shawn!!!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size