Type keyword(s) to search

Private Eyes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Trey said:

I didn't catch that about an episode on Monday, so thanks for mentioning it.

11 hours ago, CipherDex said:

No problem, I actually didn't notice it myself until I checked the Global scheduling.

Hmm, my Guide shows that Monday is a rerun and the next new episode is on Wednesday as usual (at 8 p.m.). Does yours show which episode is airing on Monday? If it's a new one I don't want to miss it. I already missed one when they aired it on a Tuesday. I hate when they air them offschedule.

• Useful 2
9 hours ago, ferjy said:

Hmm, my Guide shows that Monday is a rerun and the next new episode is on Wednesday as usual (at 8 p.m.). Does yours show which episode is airing on Monday? If it's a new one I don't want to miss it. I already missed one when they aired it on a Tuesday. I hate when they air them offschedule.

Okay, just rechecked my schedule, and it's actually a rerun on Monday, oops. Didn't look close enough to see the episode name. 😅

I'll edit my original comment for clarity now, thanks for the heads up. 

Season finale is actually two weeks after that episode though, according to IMDB, ugh.

• Useful 2

I wonder why they would show a random rerun on Monday?  Maybe they just needed something to fill in.

I also missed that episode they showed on a Tuesday. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, CipherDex said:

I think my brain just automatically assumed it was a new episode because I already had wayyy too many instances of me missing a random new one on a Monday or Tuesday like you said.

I do appreciate you telling us when it's a new offschedule episode (even if the info is wrong 😄). No seriously, better safe than sorry.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, ferjy said:

Forgot to say... Shade’s reaction to Danica’s Batman/Robin comment, I was waiting for that... "First of all, I'm Batman..."  😄

Yeah, forgot about that one, this episode had a lot of good gems in it. 😂

Also just realized upon rewatching that it's now confirmed that like everyone else, Zoe totally ships Matt and Angie lol. 

Speaking of which, maybe I'm remembering wrong, but didn't Don and Jules bet on how long it'd take for them to get together back in Season 2 or something? Must be getting close to Don's predicted timeline, no wonder he's telling Matt he's being ridiculous. A man's gotta make good on his prediction.  

Pretty solid episode I managed to catch live this time around. 

Figures Angie would want to operate on a casual basis in this relationship; I'm not even sure she knows what she wants at this point. 

I figured Inspector Carson wasn't the biggest fan of Shade and Angie always barging in. That "wonder twins" remark made me burst out laughing though. 

Oh Maz, how we've missed you running amock. You've gotten yourself into quite the conundrum this time around.

Surprised that Danica blew Maz's cover when she wasn't supposed to? Not really, but good to see that Maz is at least tolerating her now. 

That's a reallly bad tie up job lol.

Maz, you got played, but luckily got bailed out. Not gonna lie though, I thought Carson was gonna fire him right on the spot. Maybe he is coming back for Season 4 after all, just maybe not as a main cast member? Who knows...

You may be with Tex physically speaking Angie, but your mind's definitely somewhere else. 😉

Also:

On 7/26/2019 at 8:41 AM, CipherDex said:

Season finale is actually two weeks after that episode though, according to IMDB, ugh.

Not trusting IMDB anymore for scheduling, they always give the wrong dates smh. 

I had to run out before the preview showed, can someone give me a quick rundown?

• Love 1
11 hours ago, CipherDex said:

That's a reallly bad tie up job lol.

Yes! I even said so to Mr.Trey😄 Not what you would expect from a hardened drug gang, more like Hardy Boys.

I thought Maz recovered really well when the bad guys brought Angie and Shade in, saying they were his associates that he'd sent to the ship to check up on the drugs.  Probably saved all their lives.

But, yeah, he did get played with the bullet-free gun - he should have checked it.

I like Inspector Carson and Danica but I really do hope Maz will be back too.

I missed the preview too.

• Love 1

William Shatner, our national treasure. 😄 It was great seeing all that Canadian talent together.

48 minutes ago, ferjy said:

Did anyone notice Danica in the Tim Horton's commercial during tonight's episode? 😀

Yep, I did a double take. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CipherDex said:

LOL wtf was that ending? Of course they had to drop that bombshell on us. 

Yeah, they already did that on Republic of Doyle.

That was a good season finale.  I'm glad Angie dumped Tex.

I'm afraid I missed Danica in the Tim Horton commercial.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Trey said:

That was a good season finale.  I'm glad Angie dumped Tex.

Damn, Tex didn't even make it to Season 4 like I predicted:

On 7/25/2019 at 8:49 AM, CipherDex said:

Here we go again... Now the question is, will he be gone before or after next season's premiere? Or hell, even by the end of this season? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Now that that's done with though, time to place our bets on something else. Why do you guys think this never before seen daughter all of a sudden wants to see dear old Shade? Money? Extortion? To scam him? Desperation that her mom's a crackhead and not supportive? Or does she just genuinely want to meet her biological father? 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, CipherDex said:

LOL wtf was that ending? Of course they had to drop that bombshell on us. 

lol Big sister for Jules. Will she be thrilled or jealous? We know Becca will probably be seeing red.

16 hours ago, CipherDex said:

Now that that's done with though, time to place our bets on something else. Why do you guys think this never before seen daughter all of a sudden wants to see dear old Shade? Money? Extortion? To scam him? Desperation that her mom's a crackhead and not supportive? Or does she just genuinely want to meet her biological father? 

Whichever it is, this has been done so many times, I don't know how they can possibly make it interesting. Could have been worse, I guess. It could have been his evil twin showing up.

• LOL 3
On 8/19/2019 at 8:23 AM, Trey said:

I was watching an episode of Hudson and Rex last night and was very surprised to see Cindy Sampson guest starring as the owner of a water bottling company.

She was so different from Angie. Nice job.

On 8/8/2019 at 9:10 AM, Trey said:

Yeah, they already did that on Republic of Doyle.

They did it very badly on Republic of Doyle. I thought that she was an awful character for most of the seasons, badly written.

Hopefully Private Eyes won't need to spend as much time on this mysterious daughter of Shade's because there is already plenty of family time for him. I'm also excited to see what Katie Boland does with the role.

• Love 1
On 5/21/2020 at 12:35 PM, CipherDex said:

Any word on when next season will begin airing?

I’d like to know too. I wonder if they were able to finish filming before covid hit. I hope so. It usually starts May or June, would be nice if we get something next month. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I want to know if it's going to come back to the US.  I believe there's a season we haven't seen yet.

There's an ION (US) commercial that touts their wonderfulness.  Brief shot of Private Eye folks, but checking schedule shows zip.

Love the sweet little show!  I think we are MORE than a season behind in US.  Last summer they showed same epis over and over, but chats talked about stuff I haven't seen yet!

(edited)
13 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

There's an ION (US) commercial that touts their wonderfulness.  Brief shot of Private Eye folks, but checking schedule shows zip.

Love the sweet little show!  I think we are MORE than a season behind in US.  Last summer they showed same epis over and over, but chats talked about stuff I haven't seen yet!

Last I checked, they haven't even gotten to the latter half of S2 in the US yet. ION's always been behind the ball with showings, so I guess it's not too big of a surprise. I honestly have no idea what's keeping them from releasing it when they're just showing reruns all day anyway lol.

Edited by CipherDex
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, CipherDex said:

Last I checked, they haven't even gotten to the latter half of S2 in the US yet. ION's always been behind the ball with showings, so I guess it's not too big of a surprise. I honestly have no idea what's keeping them from releasing it when they're just showing reruns all day anyway lol.

IKR?  30 year old Law & Order over & over!  I need our cute Private Eyes right now.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

Payback for all the American shows we've had to wait years to see in Canada, maybe? 🙂

It's a possibility, but I just think ION doesn't want to change their formula. Even when they aired new episodes of the show, it'd be around 10/11 PM EST on Tuesdays of all days if I remember correctly. 

For once being Canadian is actually beneficial when it comes to watchability of a show, feels weird lol.  

On 5/28/2020 at 8:40 PM, ferjy said:

I’d like to know too. I wonder if they were able to finish filming before covid hit. I hope so. It usually starts May or June, would be nice if we get something next month.

Canada shut down in mid-March so even if they didn't finish it all, they would have got the major part of the new season filmed.

On 5/30/2020 at 10:10 PM, statsgirl said:

Canada shut down in mid-March so even if they didn't finish it all, they would have got the major part of the new season filmed.

But will they air the season in part? Not all shows are. Some are waiting until they can complete the whole season. I’d be happy enough watching part of a season at least. 

I don't know what they're planning to do.

If I were a network, I'd run what I have now when people are stuck at home and there's little new content on because the shows can't film because of the quarantining.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Trey said:

Among this season's guest stars are acclaimed Canadian actors Erica Durance (Smallville), Katie Boland (Reign), Aaron Ashmore (Killjoys), and Eric Peterson (Corner Gas), along with renowned personalities Chris Candy, HGTV Canada's Scott McGillivray, Toronto Raptors head coach Nick Nurse, and pro golfer Mike Weir.

Yay! I'm kind of excited to see Nick Nurse too.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, CipherDex said:

WAIT NEW EPISODE TONIGHT, WHY DID I JUST FIND OUT NOW

At least you found out in time to watch it🙂

I enjoyed the episode.  Glad the "daughter" story was wrapped up in one episode and the CotW was interesting but sad.

• Love 2

I found that disappointing. Why use such a tired old storyline? Surprise, Matt’s not the father. It’s like they only threw it in for a cliffhanger last season. I’m glad it’s done and overwith. It took away from the great family dynamics they have going already. Hopefully the second episode and the rest of the season will be back to the usual fun.

4 hours ago, ferjy said:

I found that disappointing. Why use such a tired old storyline? Surprise, Matt’s not the father. It’s like they only threw it in for a cliffhanger last season. I’m glad it’s done and overwith. It took away from the great family dynamics they have going already. Hopefully the second episode and the rest of the season will be back to the usual fun.

I'm in the US, so I haven't seen seasons 3 or 4 yet. Did they try to claim that Shadow had another child with the same inherited vision problem as Jules?

12 hours ago, eel21788 said:

I'm in the US, so I haven't seen seasons 3 or 4 yet. Did they try to claim that Shadow had another child with the same inherited vision problem as Jules?

At the end of last season a young woman turned up claiming that Shade was her father. There was no suggestion that she had any vision problems.

Edited by Trey
2 hours ago, Trey said:

At the end of last season a young woman turned up claiming that Shade was her father. There was no suggestion that she had any vision problems.

Thankx for the update. I'm holding out hope we'll get the newer episodes in the US soon.

• Love 1