Type keyword(s) to search

Pit Bulls And Parolees - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

And I don't think Country Matt has been paroled yet - wasn't his brother teasing him about it, and when he was moving to New York I think he had to get permission from his parole officer?

Earl certainly knows what he is talking about, because he fell back into drugs for a while after he got off of parole - seems like now he has really cleaned up his life.

Edited by RoxiP
  • Love 1
On 3/2/2020 at 8:22 AM, RoxiP said:

And I don't think Country Matt has been paroled yet - wasn't his brother teasing him about it, and when he was moving to New York I think he had to get permission from his parole officer?

Earl certainly knows what he is talking about, because he fell back into drugs for a while after he got off of parole - seems like now he has really cleaned up his life.

To be fair, Earl was in a lot of pain due to his arm and got into pain meds for relief. After rehab and his surgery he seems to be doing well. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

To be fair, Earl was in a lot of pain due to his arm and got into pain meds for relief. After rehab and his surgery he seems to be doing well. 

I agree - I don't care what mistakes people have made in the past - it is what they do with their lives afterward that really matters.

Come to think of it, wasn't there also a spell when Country Matt got a little to full of himself and was going out and not showing up for work?  It must be hard for these guys who have spent a portion of their lives being totally restricted to then have to go back out in the world and make good choices - choices that they may or may not have been shown the right way in the first place.  I like that Tia has been shown working with some of the parolees - putting them in circumstances where temptation is not as easy to fall into (moving them to the country location).  She truly cares about them long-term.

• Love 2
(edited)

Tonight is the two hour season finale, but they'll have special episodes for the next two Saturdays.

There is a Q & A with Tia on their Facebook page.    They were renewed for next season, and are already filming.       Some shows (because of editing, dubbing, etc needed) can take up to a year to hit the air.       Tia is divorced from A.J. (or whatever his name was).  

As many suspected, they usually only show three dogs doing a meet and greet for each adopter, but the potential adopter usually meets many dogs.   

They just ran a short preview of the next season, which debuts in the Fall.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

As many suspected, they usually only show three dogs doing a meet and greet for each adopter, but the potential adopter usually meets many dogs. 

Yeah, Tia has said that before, that producers just choose three to include in the episode.

4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Tia is divorced from A.J. (or whatever his name was).  

Aren Jackson.  It's been clear they were split up for quite a while, but as far as I know this is the first time she's confirmed it.

I didn't realize the episode started an hour early tonight until about 20 minutes in, so at least I got to see most of it. 

Poor Walt!  (And Poor Lizzy running around in that heat while pregnant.)  His adrenaline crash meaning he finally just could not go on anymore was heartbreaking; like Lizzy said, she hated to do that to him, but he was in danger from some of the neighbors and needed medical attention - they had to do the temporary harm to save him long term.  It's a shame long term isn't all that long.  But like Lizzy said, the last thing he'll feel is love and happiness, not fear and pain.  It's so beautiful that he learned how to be a dog (after he remained so skittish with the woman who'd been feeding him); thank goodness for Elise bringing him into her home.  And he gave them all one of those second winds they need to keep going; Walt's time with them will never be forgotten, no matter how short it winds up being.

I'm so glad the woman who got Adam away from his shitty owner followed up, and then reached out to VRC when the shelter was going to kill him.  How great that he's slated for the PA prison program if he continues to improve.  I love when Tia talks about how inaccurate temperament testing in a shelter, especially after only a couple of days, is.  If the shelter my cat Riley was in for five months euthanized animals for being scared, she'd have been toast.  She hid inside a box in her cage for those five months, despite all their efforts at socialization.  She was terrified and sad (her owner had died, and she and the five other cats brought in by the family were all varying degrees of mess [she was the only one left when I went in], so I don't think they had a great life), and they had to do force feedings and IV fluids a few times when they just couldn't get her to eat enough even by offering baby food and home-cooked treats.  She barely responded when I offered her my hand to smell in the cage, and when they brought her out and put her on my lap, she shook like an earthquake.  So of course she's who I decided to adopt.

When I got her home, she ran behind/under my stove (where I didn't even know a cat could fit).  I got her out from there and shut her in my office.  I let her be for about an hour, then came in and sat down on the floor.  After a few minutes, she came out to thoroughly sniff me, and then plopped down in my lap.  I called the person I'd been dealing with at the shelter to tell her, and she cried.  It took plenty of work and patience to get Riley to where she wasn't still scared of everything in the world other than me, but she was a completely different cat from the beginning just by getting back to a home environment.

Angelina's situation shows the lasting effect that can result from heartworm; she made it through the treatment, but the damage done by the disease is delaying treatment for her other disease, because her heart and lungs make the surgery she needs have to be done a little at a time, rather than being able to go in and get all the cancer at once.  So much can be avoided with a preventative.  I wish some rich southerner would sponsor a program to provide it for free.

Logan's doggy door training was funny.  I know some just barrel right through them, but I understand his why would I ram my head into this flimsy window? attitude about the flap.  Great idea of Mariah at the home visit to make all of them the reward for going through.  He's a friendly, eager dude, so I knew the kids were going to love him as much as the parents did.  If you like dogs, you're going to love Logan.  It never fails to make me smile when a kenneled dog runs around her/his new yard, so thrilled at having all that off-leash open space.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 3

I was so happy to read in the updates at the end that Walt was still alive and being spoiled rotten.  He broke my heart.  The dog door training brought back memories of my first dog.  It took awhile because whenever I'd get him through it, he'd be startled like he thought he had just fallen out of the side of the house.  He eventually got it, though.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

And yet my bunny taught himself to come in the cat door - imagine my surprise one night when I was lying on my bedroom floor and here came the bunny hopping into my bedroom - he had followed the cat through the door plastic flap and all!  Unfortunately he never was potty trained so while he was always welcomed in for a visit he didn't get to stay for very long!

We have a tiny puppy that we are hoping does not notice the cat door because we fear that she would get picked up by an owl or larger predatory bird if she was outside by herself.

• Love 3
On 3/7/2020 at 7:18 PM, Bastet said:

but he was in danger from some of the neighbors and needed medical attention - they had to do the temporary harm to save him long term.

That is one of the toughest things that animal rescuers have to do. But it is absolute genuine unselfishness that takes balls of steel and a heart full of love. 

• Love 2

I enjoyed the "Where Are They Now" recap show this past Saturday, and loved getting an update on Roxy dog and her owner.  

My favorite dog of all time will still be Creature.  He just had that amazing face!

• Love 4
13 hours ago, RoxiP said:

I enjoyed the "Where Are They Now" recap show this past Saturday, and loved getting an update on Roxy dog and her owner.  

My favorite dog of all time will still be Creature.  He just had that amazing face!

That reunion and subsequent story always make me cry tears of joy.

7 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

That reunion and subsequent story always make me cry tears of joy.

You know when something brings Tia Torres to tears of joy that it was extraordinary!  

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

OMG!! This episode Moments that Made Us Laugh was great!! I laughed so hard...just what I needed amid all the chaos happening all around. Thank you PB&P for a moment of levity!!

Yes!  A great combination of old and new (to us) funny moments.

I greatly enjoyed reliving Country Matt and Earl in the grocery store, when vegetable-averse Earl said they could make cabbage into spinach if they put it in the blender and Matt said, "It won't turn into spinach, Bubba, it'll just turn into blended cabbage."

Blanche learning to navigate those splints will never not be funny, and the "we can't pronounce French names" segment it was incorporated into this time was funny.

And I laughed at trying to get Lucky in the moving overhead shot for the opening credits, only to have him try to eat the jib ("How much is that camera worth, because I don't have that kind of money" 🙂 ) and get the "Looking for a Home" dogs to settle down - and the VRC peeps to learn their lines - to record those segments.

I liked the montage of "____ testing" they had to do based on potential adopters' circumstances, especially Earl jogging with Tamale.

"Grab the bulls by the balls" in introducing the kids' foibles was funny.  And I'll take Mariah's word for it she's better with power tools than she and Tania came off in that segment (which I remember, mostly for Tania's "I cannot believe I raised these two" reaction).  I chuckled at Tania, having completely forgotten her husband's birth date, trying to ditch him so Kanani could take measurements to surprise him with a soundproofed music room.  And how Perry repeatedly asking about cooking a pig forcing Tania to admit to a producer she eats bacon and ham.

Snowball hating Tia was amusing - Tia was the only person other than her owner who could get anywhere near Roxy Mama, Grumpy Old Man Arnold hates everyone but Tia, and all manner of terrified dogs have trusted her.  But Snowball will lick other people head to toe but hates her.  Ha!

Finding out Tania spent a good bit of time living in a bear suit, and Mariah stealing it for revenge, was a good ending.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 5

This was such a good episode so perfectly timed for the real world that we are now living in. I just can't like it enough!! It is really amazing the weight it has lifted off me...

Edited by Gramto6
  • Love 3

I'm kindly inquiring about these two things and I'm hoping someone could enlighten me:

How much does the Tia Torres family make anually from being on Animal Planet?

Why are there no female parolees in Tia's program?

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

I'm kindly inquiring about these two things and I'm hoping someone could enlighten me:

How much does the Tia Torres family make anually from being on Animal Planet?

Why are there no female parolees in Tia's program?

Thanks in advance!

That is an interesting question, I never thought of that before. They do have many female volunteers working there but no parolees as far as I can remember. Maybe because her husband originally set up the idea/program they were more concerned with the recidivism of male parolees no females were approached. Or maybe males were more likely to be OK with cleaning up dog shit and their kennels where females could probably get housekeeping/waitress jobs. That sounds sexist I know and I don't mean to be...but who knows??? 

• Love 1

An even bigger factor in supporting the rescue than the income from the show producers, is that when the new episodes start airing, the donations really go up.    Plus, the producers fund some of the out of state adoptions they film too.  The tavern, the rescue store in the French Quarter, and other sales are another way to fund the rescue too.    

Tia has answered the female parolees question before.  Unfortunately, I can't remember what she said.  At all; it could have been "we do, they just haven't been profiled on the show" or "we don't and here's why"; I literally have no recollection of the answer, just a clear memory that it was asked and answered.  And I can't find anything with a quick internet search, which probably means it was a Facebook Q&A or something like that, sent to me by a friend who uses social media and passes tidbits along to me.

1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

An even bigger factor in supporting the rescue than the income from the show producers, is that when the new episodes start airing, the donations really go up.

Yes, this I distinctly remember Tia noting several times, how donations decrease when the show is on hiatus (out of sight, out of mind).  Every time a new crop of episodes pop up, I'm excited for my viewing pleasure, and also because I know it's going to result in increased donations.

• Love 1
(edited)
19 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

An even bigger factor in supporting the rescue than the income from the show producers, is that when the new episodes start airing, the donations really go up.    Plus, the producers fund some of the out of state adoptions they film too.  The tavern, the rescue store in the French Quarter, and other sales are another way to fund the rescue too.    

Saw FB post that the Tahyo(sp) gift shop has closed - a victim of the covid shut-down. The resturant is still hanging on, but not the gift shop 😢 Post does say that gift shop items can still be ordered online http://www.thetahyo.com/?fbclid=IwAR2pMVKATC_EQ5lcRtSM0xwHNnd0vTuGA794KsqCoEvabOz5G_ks5JgBQHA

Edited by SRTouch

New Orleans has really been locked down.  Maybe the gift shop will reopen later.    New Orleans was a real hot spot for Covid, and a lot of people left.    Maybe the online store will be more profitable without the rental and overhead a physical location needs. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

New Orleans has really been locked down.  Maybe the gift shop will reopen later.    New Orleans was a real hot spot for Covid, and a lot of people left.    Maybe the online store will be more profitable without the rental and overhead a physical location needs. 

Yes, the FB post addresses those points. IIRC, it says the location of the shop in the French Quarter was pretty much at the center of the Mardi Gras outbreak and one of the first areas shut down. Also, post did not rule out eventually reopening the shop once the dust settles. 

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 1
(edited)

New Season of PITBULLS & PAROLEES Begins Saturday July 25 at 9PM ET/PT

In the season premiere, Tia and the Villalobos team receive an unexpected call when a local adopter returns her new canine companion, Sweetcakes, soon after taking her home.  Mariah, Tia’s daughter, works to rescue Mr. Crowley, a well-behaved dog that was abandoned at a store after his homeless owner could no longer care for him.  Alicia, an extremely emaciated dog, is desperate for a second chance at life after she is brought to the Villalobos dog boutique in the French Quarter.

In the new season's rescues, Tia steps in when a rural shelter meets capacity and takes in new dogs to save them from what would’ve been their unfortunate fate.  She also takes a pit bull rescued from rough conditions in Kuwait.  We’ll also witness the Villalobos family come together when one of Tia’s twin sons is involved in a motorcycle accident, and the entire Villalobos crew pitches in to help with his recovery.  Later in the season, Villalobos Rescue Center is shocked when their favorite parolee is arrested, leaving his future at the rescue uncertain.

Edited by RealityCheck
  • Useful 2

On their FB page, 25 July is when they start tours at the city location, and Assumption Parish.   There will be a small selection of their merchandise at the warehouse/city location too.   Plus the Assumption Parish location has little cabins for overnight stays, you can walk the hounds in the swamp (on trails), and other activities.  

What?!  Sweetcakes put on one of the best shows I've ever seen.  It blew my mind she hadn't already been adopted (even with how many dogs they have; she's the kind of dog that appeals to a wide variety of people [in shelters here, labs are snatched up very quickly]), but I figured it all worked out for her to wind up in the perfect home - a person who adores her, a backyard her country self will feel at home in, and ample social outings in the city to get her all the added attention she loves. 

We don't really know what happened, so all I'm going to say is from the little we do know - it was early in her transition to new people, it was a nip (a warning rather than an attack), and the owner didn't see what led up to it - I would not have returned the dog as my first step.

Mossy was a real sweetie, too, so I'm glad she got a home.

Oh my, Alicia wagging the tip of her tail that she had tucked under her was such a sight!  I love how much the vet loved walking in to find two grown men down on the exam room floor loving on her when she came in for her re-check.  How wonderful to see her recovery, that even that emaciated all that was wrong with her was worms and malnutrition, which could easily be fixed in time.

Crowley has a bomb-proof personality from his myriad experiences living with an unsheltered person, and had clearly known love.  It's a shame the man who loved him felt he was out of options, but it's good he brought him to people he knew would help.  I'm glad Crowley is already in a home.

• Love 7

We’ll never know what happened with Sweetcakes.  Maybe she was overwhelmed or maybe it was an overreaction on the owner’s part.  She certainly wasn’t given a chance and if the owner gave up on her in minutes, she wasn’t the right owner.  I wouldn’t give her another dog if I worked at the rescue, though.

I will say, though, that she reminded me of a service dog I see at the dog park almost daily that is also a yellow lab.  That dog is highly trained and she is also a well known nipper, so, who knows.  She actually bit someone on the face one day.

Within minutes of drop off the adopter invited people over and left the dog alone with them? That poor dog was set up to fail with that move. 

Going to be an interesting season. 

Anyone following the wolf dog situation they’re involved with in Texas? Looks horrific there. 

• Love 8
On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 11:34 PM, dbell1 said:

Within minutes of drop off the adopter invited people over and left the dog alone with them? That poor dog was set up to fail with that move. 

Going to be an interesting season. 

Anyone following the wolf dog situation they’re involved with in Texas? Looks horrific there. 

I am, and Tia sounds so bone crushingly tired in every post. It's clearly an overwhelming situation.

• Love 1

I like that when the adopters renamed DC, they picked a similar-sounding name.  I don't understand why they had such a short fence put in when they intended to always have large dogs in their lives (presumably; they both had Rottweilers before and now got a pit).  If they'd gone with a taller one (and a neighbor had one, so it's not like there's a HOA limit or something), they wouldn't have to make sure one of them is out there every second that he is.

I was very pleasantly surprised by Roan's prognosis - it's a good thing they took the chance.  It's great that the old guy will get a second lease on life; I hope it winds up being in a home.

Azrael is a sweetie; I wonder why he was the only dog left in a yard that was filled with crates and chains. 

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I like that when the adopters renamed DC, they picked a similar-sounding name.  I don't understand why they had such a short fence put in when they intended to always have large dogs in their lives (presumably; they both had Rottweilers before and now got a pit).  If they'd gone with a taller one (and a neighbor had one, so it's not like there's a HOA limit or something), they wouldn't have to make sure one of them is out there every second that he is.

I was very pleasantly surprised by Roan's prognosis - it's a good thing they took the chance.  It's great that the old guy will get a second lease on life; I hope it winds up being in a home.

Azrael is a sweetie; I wonder why he was the only dog left in a yard that was filled with crates and chains. 

Maybe he was hiding when the people cleared out? Or he acted too aggressive for them to try to catch him?

I wasn't able to properly concentrate on tonight's episode, so I don't know the specifics of how Marbles wound up with VRC from Iraq via the other rescue, but what a sweetie he seems to be - a chill, goofy, friendly attitude other than at his young age having a high play/prey drive (LOL at M2 keeping him on the leash for testing with her son, and then letting him loose to nip at her when she was the one running around) and thus needing to avoid families with kids who are still in the running around stage.

And what food fortune Parker, the dog who went on an adventure because her owners forgot to lock the doggy door when a section of the fence was missing, was spotted by a VRC employee!  The owners should put an ID tag/collar on her just in case, so that if someone who wouldn't bother with/know to the scan found her friendly self, they could easily call and say "Your dog's out; I have her."

I like the adopter's attitude; he's had so many different dogs, he clearly just wants a larger dog he bonds with, rather than having a set of requirements.  Sonrisa looked older than five, but if they got her six years ago and they now estimate her to be 5-1/2, she must have been obviously young when they got her, and she just has a speckled white muzzle that looks like an old lady grey.  How great for her to finally have a home after that long at VRC.

With her dog reactivity, I wonder if that little doggy peephole still exists in the fence, but hopefully because he's mostly home she has plenty of redirection and reassurance and will in time not care if a dog is being walked down the sidewalk and can indeed happily watch the world go by.

They actually make plastic bubbles that fit in the fence, so the dogs can look out.    

The Kuwait dog was found wandering by a volunteer, and the rescue paid to send Marbles to the U.S., and Tia agreed to take the dog.

I don't think Marbles is going to be a good fit with any family with the prey drive.   Only selecting a family with older kids won't be a solution either.    If Marbles is on a walk with a new owner, and someone passes by jogging, on a bike, or skateboard, then it might get scary.    

18 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I don't think Marbles is going to be a good fit with any family with the prey drive.   Only selecting a family with older kids won't be a solution either.    If Marbles is on a walk with a new owner, and someone passes by jogging, on a bike, or skateboard, then it might get scary.    

Marbles is still a puppy. With lots of training and repetition, he can be taught to not chase everything that goes by him. Its always going to be something that owners will need to know and be aware of, but they should be able to train him to increase his adoptability

• Love 3

I cannot adequately express how much I love the couple that adopted Jessie!  What special people.  She probably had very little chance of being adopted because of her shyness but they both wanted her because of her shyness.

• Love 5

Aw, Tia heading out to pull one dog and winding up with four.  I can’t imagine what the people in that country shelter deal with daily – almost no resources, a culture in which animals are largely not properly respected as pets, and so few people for whom it (being in the boonies) is the “local” shelter to begin with, that even if every prospective pet owner in that radius goes there to adopt, how can they ever keep up?  Seeing them so packed that cats were housed just feet away from big barking dogs – that segment hurt my heart.

I’m glad two of the four are already settled in homes, and hope the other two follow suit.  The sight of them palling around in the pond, a simple opportunity they never would have had at the shelter, was lovely.

The adopters were sweet, and I knew they were going to take the shy dog who needed extra care (who could resist that face?!).  I like how they knew they’d love to pieces whichever dog they adopted, so it was only a matter of deciding for which dog they were the right owners, not which dog was right for them.  Marbles is terrific, and I hope gets adopted young as I think he can be truly great with dedicated training, but Jessica is a dog not everyone has the patience for, so I’m thrilled she found people whose hearts were broken by the place life had brought her and who are dedicated to picking up on what Lizzy provided as a rescuer and foster, showing her the whole new world love and one-on-one attention provides, and giving Jessica whatever time she needs to fully settle in.  She fundamentally knew she was home, with good people, and all the specifics will fall into place.

• Love 5
On 7/25/2020 at 11:34 PM, dbell1 said:

I volunteer with a no kill shelter in my area and a similar thing happened with a smaller "terrier mix" (we all know what that means). She was VERY friendly with people (a little reactive with other dogs). The adoptive family was told everything about her.  Her name was Zani for a reason. VERY active. But, she was returned after a DAY. Why? They decided to go visit friends, instead of letting her decompress and get used to her new surroundings. She was all wound up and attacked the friend's dog and redirected and bit the adopter when they tried to break up the the fight. 

The adopters even admitted that they fucked up, but returned her anyway.

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, ChicksDigScars said:

I volunteer with a no kill shelter in my area and a similar thing happened with a smaller "terrier mix" (we all know what that means). She was VERY friendly with people (a little reactive with other dogs). The adoptive family was told everything about her.  Her name was Zani for a reason. VERY active. But, she was returned after a DAY. Why? They decided to go visit friends, instead of letting her decompress and get used to her new surroundings. She was all wound up and attacked the friend's dog and redirected and bit the adopter when they tried to break up the the fight. 

then they didn't deserve her

• Love 6
On 8/27/2020 at 3:09 PM, ChicksDigScars said:

I volunteer with a rescue group, and we've had similar situations as well. So frustrating. 

• Love 1

So former addict Earl gets caught driving 80 mph, with an open container, and unspecified pills in the car, and he had 10 dogs in the car too?    That is not good, and makes me worried for Earl.   I know with the filming and editing, the shows were filmed a long time ago, but I hope Earl is doing well.     

It would be nice if Mariah wasn't driving while talking on her cell phone.     

• Love 4

Damn, addiction is such a beast.  I was hoping, when the promo revealed he'd been arrested, it wasn't going to be any way related to drugs, but I also couldn't imagine him otherwise being reckless enough to risk arrest.  At least he seems nowhere near as far gone as what preceded him going into rehab, so hopefully some quiet time away from the city and with Tia around will help him get back up on the wagon. 

Tia bailing him out (not just the ten percent, putting her collateral on the line for the whole thing) is touching.  Based on the offense, it shouldn't have been much (and, holy shit, should we abolish our bail system, but that's for another forum), but with his history, who knows; they may well have over-charged.  Whatever the amount, she puts almost all the money she has into the rescue, so for her to put any of it on the line trusting that Earl will make his court appearance just speaks to how he truly is family to her.

Winston running over to his mommy whenever a similar-sized dog came up to him, and then being okay with little Dopey was so cute - good idea, M2.  It looked like the adopters didn't even really get to know Dopey until the home check, but of course there's a lot we don't see.  Regardless, they very obviously let Winston pick, and that's great.  I like when they had the realization maybe Winston didn't want another sister, just Mommy and Daddy did, because you can tell if that had wound up being the case they wouldn't have adopted another dog.

How great for Mariah to find Jan waltzing right into the exam room; it was hard for her to have to let someone else handle a rescue's initial vet visit, especially since she's dropping off a dog she's afraid may need extensive surgery, and then she picks up a dog who just needed her hip popped back into place. 

Screw whoever tied her up there; look at how she snuggled up to Spencer - I don't understand dumping any animal, but a sweet, friendly one?  If life has gone to hell and you're truly out of good options, pick the best of the bad ones and take your pet to a shelter if no rescue can take her/him.

Some of the chains on that wall never fail to boggle my mind.

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

So former addict Earl gets caught driving 80 mph, with an open container, and unspecified pills in the car, and he had 10 dogs in the car too?    That is not good, and makes me worried for Earl.   I know with the filming and editing, the shows were filmed a long time ago, but I hope Earl is doing well.     

I concur.

Unfortunately, there are no cell phone laws in Louisiana. I wish there were, though, because driving around NOLA is already nightmare as it is.

I don't know if DVR recording counts as 'watching'.  

On the FB page, Tia said if you didn't watch the show in real time, then leaving your TV on Animal Planet was enough to count, so I guess that means DVR doesn't count.    However, I don't understand if the DVR vs. cable box would really be different.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
On 8/29/2020 at 6:26 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Did he really have 10 dogs in the van he was driving? I'm guessing it was a van if there were 10 dog crates/carriers. Was he on his way back from a multi dog rescue? 

I like Earl. He's the only parolee who has lasted all these years and remained a dedicated employee and animal rescuer/lover. Despite his addiction issues he's always been and always will be, a valuable part of the rescue center.That might be an unpopular opinion but I stand my ground when it comes to Earl.

And I have my OPINION on some of the other VRC employees and their possible drugs/addictions. Earl might not be the Lone Ranger.

Anyway I wish him well.

• Love 3