Type keyword(s) to search

Pit Bulls And Parolees - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I was watching during breaks in football, but that included halftime, so I saw a good percentage of the episode.

Including most of the rescue of Salmon, whose physical and emotional condition broke my heart.  "You don't have to live like that anymore" made me smile and tear up simultaneously.  It's pretty incredible the little nudie is heartworm negative!

That they still have dogs in the kennel who were with them in CA also hurts my heart.  I love how much they love the seniors and keep developing special facilities and programs for them whenever they can, so that when they do wind up living out their days at VRC, at least they have intervals in a home-like environment.  LOL at setting up a TV to show The Golden Girls and Murder, She Wrote - hells, yes, I would volunteer to hang out in that room for a few hours with an old dog.  (I laughed at Lizzy:  "If you ever can't find me, come look in this teepee.")  

No matter how many times Tia talks about, and they try to show, the scope of the problem in their area, I can't ever fully wrap my mind around it.  I, too, wish they had 100 Julies, so they could farm out more of the dogs who need a smaller, home-based environment to be properly ready for adoption.  Julie has a lot of dogs, but she seems to do this full-time, so hopefully her rotation schedule means everybody gets a good amount of time in the house and in that huge yard.  (And "Dugout got a house in the Hamptons" sounds as funny as it is nice, like Dugout works on Wall Street and bought a second home.) 

• Love 4

I hesitate to criticize Tia because what she does is amazing, but, sometimes she makes things harder than they have to be.  Unless I misunderstood, she's worked with Julie before.  She even said a few times that she hoped Julie would choose a particular dog, but then, she has to do a home check because Julie moved?   I know she wants what's best for the dogs, but, so does Julie.  And, I thought she really wanted Julie's help.  You have to trust someone sometime, Tia.  Plus, I think you already trusted Julie in the past.

• Love 2

The production company pays for it, so why not include the footage?  VRC has consistently shown itself to be situation-specific flexible in approving a home - unlike many rescues that have bright-line rules about fenced yards and the like (or sometimes having someone home during the day!) - to have few deal-breakers and instead accept a wide variety of homes as appropriate depending on the dog.  That Julie had been approved for one dog in the past, not just as a personal owner, but as another rescuer, could certainly allow for a leap of faith in assuming, based on pictures, her new, larger location could appropriately handle additional dogs.  And if this was all off camera, it may well have. 

But this provided an opportunity for producers to publicize Julie's rescue organization, illuminate the plight of the dog she took over the rehabilitation of, and also showcase some dogs from the same big VRC rescue operation he came from that are ready for adoption.

It was the most blatant example yet of how stories are edited to both reflect reality and encourage further positive action on the other dogs featured in the segment, but that's still what it was.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 2

Salmon is a perfect example of how animals never cease to amaze me. In addition to his broken and lonely heart you know he was absolutely miserable from head to tail and many skin layers deep, plus the injured leg. 

Large strange creatures loaded him into a loud and smelly contraption and took him to a place filled with more large strangers and hard surfaces and unfamiliar lighting and funny smells.

And yet he was so gentle and trusting and so cooperative during his intake exam. The large strangers touched him everywhere, all over his sore body and mouth and he allowed and accepted it. He knew he was in the right place. I wish there was a way to read their thoughts but we've learned to get by with eyes and tails and voices.

(The animals on the zoo shows are amazing in the same way, so accepting and trusting).

I can't watch this show very often because it turns me into a basket case but I am so glad I watched the beginning of dear Salmon's story.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, suomi said:

The animals on the zoo shows are amazing in the same way, so accepting and trusting).

I think most rescue animals can sense a different type of energy from the people rescuing/caring for them. It's positive energy and alot of them seem to know the rescuers are there to help them, not hurt them. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Bastet said:

She taught someone else how to do it, too - maybe M2?  And I know there's at least one other worker (a woman we've seen numerous times, but whose name I can't recall) who does it, too.

Lizzie, M2, and Heidi are the ones I can recall seeing do that kind of work. Well, and Country Matt, but I'm not sure how often he goes back to help out.

And I'm guessing it's a mistake, but I went to watch last night's episode On Demand today, and they also had next week's episode available to view as well.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Abra said:

And I'm guessing it's a mistake, but I went to watch last night's episode On Demand today, and they also had next week's episode available to view as well.

That was deliberate; they advertised it at the end of the episode last night.  I don't have On Demand, so I have to wait until next week.

Thanks for the updates, @SRTouch

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 12:56 AM, Bastet said:

The production company pays for it, so why not include the footage?  VRC has consistently shown itself to be situation-specific flexible in approving a home - unlike many rescues that have bright-line rules about fenced yards and the like (or sometimes having someone home during the day!) - to have few deal-breakers and instead accept a wide variety of homes as appropriate depending on the dog.  That Julie had been approved for one dog in the past, not just as a personal owner, but as another rescuer, could certainly allow for a leap of faith in assuming, based on pictures, her new, larger location could appropriately handle additional dogs.  And if this was all off camera, it may well have. 

But this provided an opportunity for producers to publicize Julie's rescue organization, illuminate the plight of the dog she took over the rehabilitation of, and also showcase some dogs from the same big VRC rescue operation he came from that are ready for adoption.

It was the most blatant example yet of how stories are edited to both reflect reality and encourage further positive action on the other dogs featured in the segment, but that's still what it was.

I'm not sure if Tia hasn't changed her policy with respect to checks of rescues they are farming dogs out to. Remember that the couple they ended up sending the cops after to get their dogs back were featured on the show and had a home check done at that time. But Tia said that she started to get a bad feeling about them after looking at posts on social media and getting odd responses when they reached out. So, if she has now decided to double check rescues, I'd completely understand. And if this has the added benefit of more face time and getting the names of these partner organizations out there, it's all good. While I agree that there could be some manipulation involved, there may also be completely legitimate reasons for allowing the adopters last week to take a dog without a second check, but requiring it in this case.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Rlb8031 said:

there may also be completely legitimate reasons for allowing the adopters last week to take a dog without a second check, but requiring it in this case.

Last week's adopters were still in the same home that had been inspected, while this week's adopter had moved.  So VRC could say "send us pictures of the new place" or do a new home check.  Add in it being a rescuer with numerous animals (personal and foster), not just a person adopting a pet, and they need to make sure she hasn't overestimated her expanded space and taken on too many dogs.  Again, they could go with pictures, or a new home check.  With the production company paying for it, of course you do the home check, which has the bonus of publicizing the TX rescue.  So, yeah, not even surprising, let alone out of line.

• Love 5

I too figure that the emphasis on doing the second home check was to feature Julie and her rescue (I keep meaning to see where they are located because I live in the Dallas area and they showed specific locations that look close to my home).  Well, I was wrong, because she is in Irving.  Must have been just stock Dallas-area scenes.

• Love 1

I'm not posting this for any other reason than basic information. I like Tia and I would never criticize anything she does. 

I have an aquaitance who flew to Louisiana specifically to adopt a dog from VLR. She is a physicians assistant, owns a small condo and has owned bulldogs and taken excellent care of them. She has pet insurance and her bullies had good lives. 

Anyway, VLR (allegedly) wouldn't let her adopt due to her work schedule which was 4 ten hour days with 3 days off. And she was only 15 minutes from home so could easily spend a lunch hour checking on the dog. But I get VLR's decision.

I'm all for rescues being strict. Better than being lax and the pet gets returned.

• Useful 3
11 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I'm not posting this for any other reason than basic information. I like Tia and I would never criticize anything she does. 

I have an aquaitance who flew to Louisiana specifically to adopt a dog from VLR. She is a physicians assistant, owns a small condo and has owned bulldogs and taken excellent care of them. She has pet insurance and her bullies had good lives. 

Anyway, VLR (allegedly) wouldn't let her adopt due to her work schedule which was 4 ten hour days with 3 days off. And she was only 15 minutes from home so could easily spend a lunch hour checking on the dog. But I get VLR's decision.

I'm all for rescues being strict. Better than being lax and the pet gets returned.

When I hear some of the dogs have been at the rescue since California I sometimes wonder. Course, some of the dogs were taken from truly horrific situations - even a couple cases where court granted custody and placed restrictions on the dog's future adoption. So, who am I to second guess the folks who have made this their life's calling - especially knowing I'm just seeing a few minutes of a lengthy adoption interview/sceening process.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

It's astounding (and disturbing) to me how many rescues require someone to be home during the day.  We know VRC does not have that bright-line rule, and we've seen them adopt to people with time-consuming jobs - usually with a comment about just that sort of thing, working close to home and thus able to pop home for a walk and attention to break up the long day.  They're very case-specific with their requirements (e.g. they will even adopt to people with fenceless yards, depending on the dog and the owner's plans for containment), so I wonder what the totality of the circumstances was in this case.  It's too bad it didn't work out.

• Love 1

The Detroit rescue had all kinds of issues in Michigan with the authorities, and the neighbors (40 or 50 dogs in a suburban Detroit house).    Then they moved to NOLA, there was the warehouse rented to help them, and then it was even uglier when VRC realized that it wasn't a good situation, and wanted their dogs back.      I believe the news reports said the people had to be forcibly removed from the property, and then the law suits started by the rescue from Detroit.    That was last winter I think, and I'm not sure how the legal charges, and everything else worked out.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

Between a phone call and football, I missed sections of tonight's episode, but it's nice seeing rescues help each other.  Last episode a small rescue helped VRC, this time VRC helped a small rescue.  Everybody is just doing the best they can, and it's heartwarming.  "This is going to sound so un-Tia Torres like, but you just want to hug them." Heh.  Lugosi is going to have quite the pack to hang with.

I know we've seen Krunch before, but I think we've seen Molly-O, too.  I hope this is finally it for Krunch!  Earl taking him for one last burger together was sweet, and I like the update photo of his pillow nests.

It was neat to briefly revisit some adoptions via the "Out of the Doghouse" map project.  When I adopted my cat Riley, she was quite a case; she was one of five disasters at intake (the owner had died and family surrendered them) and had been at the shelter for five months, spending that whole time hiding in a box inside her cage, even though they put her through the socialization program.  She was terrified of everything, they had a terrible time getting her to eat - she just was never going to thrive in that environment.  So of course I picked her, and she took a lot of patience and different techniques than I was used to (she was my first scaredy-cat), but she's now incredibly happy, and the cuddliest cat I have ever had (only with me, though; she has long since stopped being afraid of other people, but she's either annoyed or indifferent, depending on who it is).

Anyway, the point is I sent updates as she progressed to the shelter volunteer I'd dealt with, and she'd forward my emails to the others.  She always told me how it made their day, so hearing Lizzy say whenever she disseminates updates she gets replies saying, "Thank you, I was having a shitty day and needed this" made me think I should send another update.  I had stopped, because there wasn't anything new to report, but if a cute picture and "we're still blissfully happy together" could brighten the day of someone doing a job as difficult as it is admirable, I'm going to do it.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 9
22 hours ago, Bastet said:

Between a phone call and football, I missed sections of tonight's episode, but it's nice seeing rescues help each other.  Last episode a small rescue helped VRC, this time VRC helped a small rescue.  Everybody is just doing the best they can, and it's heartwarming.  "This is going to sound so un-Tia Torres like, but you just want to hug them." Heh.  Lugosi is going to have quite the pack to hang with.

I know we've seen Krunch before, but I think we've seen Molly-O, too.  I hope this is finally it for Krunch!  Earl taking him for one last burger together was sweet, and I like the update photo of his pillow nests.

It was neat to briefly revisit some adoptions via the "Out of the Doghouse" map project.  When I adopted my cat Riley, she was quite a case; she was one of five disasters at intake (the owner had died and family surrendered them) and had been at the shelter for five months, spending that whole time hiding in a box inside her cage, even though they put her through the socialization program.  She was terrified of everything, they had a terrible time getting her to eat - she just was never going to thrive in that environment.  So of course I picked her, and she took a lot of patience and different techniques than I was used to (she was my first scaredy-cat), but she's now incredibly happy, and the cuddliest cat I have ever had (only with me, though; she has long since stopped being afraid of other people, but she's either annoyed or indifferent, depending on who it is).

Anyway, the point is I sent updates as she progressed to the shelter volunteer I'd dealt with, and she'd forward my emails to the others.  She always told me how it made their day, so hearing Lizzy say whenever she disseminates updates she gets replies saying, "Thank you, I was having a shitty day and needed this" made me think I should send another update.  I had stopped, because there wasn't anything new to report, but if a cute picture and "we're still blissfully happy together" could brighten the day of someone doing a job as difficult as it is admirable, I'm going to do it.

Thank you Bastet, for sharing that story of your rescue kitty! Cats get overlooked so often. But they bring just as much joy and love to a person's life as dogs do. 

• Love 3
On 10/17/2019 at 6:19 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

The Detroit rescue had all kinds of issues in Michigan with the authorities, and the neighbors (40 or 50 dogs in a suburban Detroit house).    Then they moved to NOLA, there was the warehouse rented to help them, and then it was even uglier when VRC realized that it wasn't a good situation, and wanted their dogs back.      I believe the news reports said the people had to be forcibly removed from the property, and then the law suits started by the rescue from Detroit.    That was last winter I think, and I'm not sure how the legal charges, and everything else worked out.   

The lawsuit against VRC by the Detroit rescue (trying to get the five dogs they took from VRC, who VRC then reclaimed, back) was dismissed very recently.  After costing VRC a bunch of money in legal fees, of course, but at least now the dogs are eligible to be adopted out.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 7

“Seriously, that’s your face?” from Tania about Doc’s cuteness was fantastic.  As were the owners pointing to him just sitting there chillin' and saying in unison “This” when asked about his personality.  And that the biggest factor in choosing a dog would be how Doc feels, then the wife, then the husband.  Funny, but also logical since he’s gone a lot.

Pilgrim being so sweet and goofy despite what was done to him is what constantly warms my heart about animals.  I love how much he liked all three of them from the beginning.  And the way Doc just plopped down in the grass despite this new dog in his yard.

GoGo helping with pumpkin carving made me as happy as it did Lizzy. “If someone does not adopt this dog, I hate the world.”  The update noted how many adoption applications they got for the dogs at the party, but I wonder how many actually got homes; if there's an update on social media, I hope someone who uses that will post that info here.

Kenny Rae coming out of her shell and starting to let her personality show is lovely to see.

• Love 3
Spoiler

I don't know if I have to spoiler tag this since it's on another website (FB), but Tia had a two hour long live video about the Detroit animal rescuers that they moved to New Orleans, rented a big warehouse for them, and they had 5 Villalobos dogs.   Everything went sour, Tia had to get the owner to evict them, and they found dead dogs left behind, dead goats, and the Detroit people took the five VL dogs with them.   Tia got three back, and the last two a local judge believed the girlfriend of the Detroit rescue, and they had to fight an injunction to get the last two dogs out of Michigan.     The entire civil suit by the Detroit people cost VRC about $100k in legal and other court costs.   Tia said that they're going to have a Villalobos Garage Sale (items that people donated to them) to pay the bills.      

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:
  Hide contents

I don't know if I have to spoiler tag this since it's on another website (FB), but Tia had a two hour long live video about the Detroit animal rescuers that they moved to New Orleans, rented a big warehouse for them, and they had 5 Villalobos dogs.   Everything went sour, Tia had to get the owner to evict them, and they found dead dogs left behind, dead goats, and the Detroit people took the five VL dogs with them.   Tia got three back, and the last two a local judge believed the girlfriend of the Detroit rescue, and they had to fight an injunction to get the last two dogs out of Michigan.     The entire civil suit by the Detroit people cost VRC about $100k in legal and other court costs.   Tia said that they're going to have a Villalobos Garage Sale (items that people donated to them) to pay the bills.      

Wow! Are they taking straight up donations to pay the bills? I'd donate.

• Love 1

I just watched an episode from February titled "A Boxful of Puppies". 

Ex parolee "Country Matt" was in it. Does anyone know if he was just at VRC for a visit or is he back on the show? I know he moved away and got married quite a while ago. 

I would watch a cooking show with Earl and Country Matt featuring homemade dog and cat food recipes. Food Network needs to jump on that!

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 2

I think Country Matt only comes down every now and then.   His life's in New York now.    I really enjoy it when he is on though.    His brother's still in New Orleans, and I think Matt has a child there too.  

That wasn't the right way to get rid of pigeons.   Their solution is a great way to end up with a ton more pigeons, more poop, and the entire place covered with birds.     Owls don't work, pigeon spikes, and electric wire doesn't work, and their solution of feeding them is terrible.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

I missed parts of both airings in favor of football, but between the two I saw most of it.

I like the adopter choosing between her final two by taking the one she thought had the lesser chance of being adopted by someone else.  That's what I do with cats - who among those who fit my broad parameters is least likely to be picked by someone else is who I'm adopting.  Bilbo was well on his way to adapting to home life when Tania left, and I loved the "I've been waiting so long for him/He's been waiting so long for you" exchange.  But I really want Xena to get a home, too; it always breaks my hearts when a nursing mama and her litter are rescued and the kittens/puppies all get homes and the mom is left in the shelter/rescue.

(I had to look up "Bilbo" to see what Mariah's explanation of his name meant; I know nothing about Lord of the Rings; I am not an epic fantasy book/movie person.)

Tania flashing back to the failed rescue where the dog got hit by a car brought that episode right back; we have no idea if the person who hit the dog was negligent, but I'm so with Tania about those drivers she cursed up one side and down the other when they were trying to catch him, jackasses who didn't even slow down.  I'm glad this ended much better, and always admire their patience in strategizing and completing a rescue.  And admire the street smarts animals develop when they're forced to; Jacoby made them work for it. 

Pigeons taking over, especially the one sitting right next to the fake owl that's supposed to scare them off, cracked me up.  I understand they're causing nuisances, but that was funny, and I like trying to redirect them - even if it did bring about the return of the woodworker who spells the breed "pitt" bull (the only flaw in Lookback's adorable house).  "Cooo dat" is funny, I'll give him that, even with an extra O.  I wonder how well it's working. 

• Love 2

Was tonight the first time Elise got to do a talking head?  She's a big part of the rescue, so that was nice to see.

Valentina is a dog with about a .05 percent chance of adoption, so I loved Lizzy drawing that big heart around her name when she took notes on the call with the adopter.  Peggy considering herself the lucky one warms my heart.

I feel sorry for Roddy and Keri, but I like that Keri was upset that Roddy and Bailey weren't a fit, not that VRC wouldn't give her Roddy; she wasn't any more comfortable with it than M2 was, and wanted to right by everyone.  Poor M2 with that sigh when her son asked, "Mommy, did he get the home?"

Pigeon learning from Buford and just running around like a little sprite was adorable.  

I like the name South Paws for the surgery clinic.  Poor Tater walking around with a slipped disc all this time.  Him sniffing the butt of the fake dog at the bakery entrance was very funny, as was him drooling in anticipation of his cake.

• Love 5

Mariah kind of broke my heart. Her love for Tater was so visceral and you could see her pain. I hope the confined some relief for his pain.

Pigeon was a cutie, doubt he will have any problem finding his forever home

• Love 2

I don't think Elise has ever had a talking head.  It also cleared up some confusion for me - when the show first aired and they were in California there was an Elise who was a dog trainer but if I remember correctly she had either an English or Australian accent, and this Elise obviously doesn't, so I don't think it is the same Elise (which I had idly wondered for all these years whether accent Elise had also moved to New Orleans).  

What was missing in this episode were any of the parolees, most specifically Earl, who usually makes at least a cameo appearance.  I have noticed this season that Tia seems to be stepping back and Mariah and Mariah have (and to a lesser extent Tania) have been taking over more of the lead.  This was also the first episode I have seen much of the twins this season.

Edited by RoxiP
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

It also cleared up some confusion for me - when the show first aired and they were in California there was an Elise who was a dog trainer but if I remember correctly she had either an English or Australian accent, and this Elise obviously doesn't, so I don't think it is the same Elise (which I had idly wondered for all these years whether accent Elise had also moved to New Orleans).  

That was Louise.

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, Bastet said:

That was Louise.

Thanks - I knew the name was sort of similar, yet different..... as I remember, Louise had more speaking/lines - while Elise has been seen present, but more in the background...... both seem to have had significant roles within the rescue - but different focuses

Edited by SRTouch
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, SRTouch said:

as I remember, Louise had more speaking/lines - while Elise has been seen present, but more in the background...... both seem to have had significant roles within the rescue - but different focuses

Yes, Louise was a trainer; she would also go on rescues when needed (even if she got peed on, heh) but she was their primary trainer, going back to VRC's early days in CA. 

Elise handles basic medical stuff like Lizzy and M2, does home checks, goes on rescues, etc.  She's been there a long time and it was nice to finally hear from her directly in an episode.

• Love 3

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed this episode was Pit bulls and NO PAROLEES! I really like Earl and secretly hope he is shown on the show. (the one in the kitchen making home made dog food was a comedy routine!)

I was checking On Demand and they already have next weeks show there to watch. It's with Amanda from Panda Paws. No parolees in this one either! What's gives show?

Just finishing up Tia's book from the library today....I needed some background on this show since I just started watching this season. I am really liking this show!

• Love 2

The sense I get is that there are far fewer parolees in NO than there were in CA. When the show first started, the staff was 8-10 guys and 3/4 of them were still on parole. Now it looks like they have 20+ folks but and 3/4 are volunteers while many of the balance are folks like Tony and Earl that have come off of parole. Active parolees seem to be limited at best - at least at the city.

More Elise; cool.  I love that she's been nagging her dad for years to adopt a dog, because it seems like she's been doing it good-naturedly rather than truly pushing him to do something he wasn't yet ready to do.

And I love how Lizzy always tells adopters who feel torn between dogs that they cannot make a wrong choice, because no dog is more deserving than the other.

Elise being excited to have a sister to play with every time she goes home to visit is cute, as is her dad joking if Connie doesn't like the snow, they'll just move. 

I don't watch Amanda to the Rescue, but I enjoyed the crossover segment; she clearly has a way with dogs, and her rescue sounds like a great place for Bean.  She and Mariah bonding over their work in general and liking the oddballs in particular is nice - even though they both need to learn it's "fewer", not "less" dogs - and that Duncan video is cute.  Good job, Animal Planet, because now I'm going to watch Amanda's show to see if there's an update that Bean and/or Duncan get a home.

Someone who keeps up with VRC via social media posted quite a while back that Molly-O got a home, but we've seen her twice this season.  I know they often use footage shot a long time ago, so I hope that's what is going on, and not that Molly-O was returned.  (Elise's dad met Connie when VRC was in NYC filming the Dog Bowl, so that was indeed many moons back.)

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Good job, Animal Planet, because now I'm going to watch Amanda's show to see if there's an update that Bean and/or Duncan get a home.

Quoting myself to say I did indeed watch the other show and there was no mention of Duncan, but Bean got a home with a couple and their 8-year-old daughter (who wants to become a vet).  They came to the rescue, and Bean interacted well but was nervous to leave with them, but Amanda and the adopters were all wonderfully sensitive to his anxiety and understood not every bond needs to be immediate.  In the update footage, he's happy as a clam, especially with the little girl.

Bean bonded with several of the other dogs who made the cross-country trip back to Amanda's rescue, so I hope they get him a canine friend at some point - he loves other dogs.

• Love 1

Nice crossover episode; I hope it encourages more people to watch Amanda to the Rescue, which is one of my favorite shows.

Also, the follow up episode of Amanda to the Rescue was not typical - the very long road trip and Amanda's pneumonia gave it a bit of a different feel.  Deathly sick as she was, she still managed to bring Bean out of his shell; she is amazing.

• Love 2

Cliff rolling around in the sun is adorable.  I'm glad they aired Mariah talking about local honey as a potential aid for allergies, because that's something people need to know for themselves, too, but not everyone does.  You have to be very careful with pets and essential oils, though, so I wish that had been said.  It was great to see him sprawled out on top of his person at the end!

Jessica having her tail tucked between her legs like that after they untied her from the pole was so sad, as was her scared demeanor in general.  She needs just the right person, and I hope she finds her/him.

That paw maneuver Caim does is pretty damn cute; she's a charmer.  What a journey she's had!  I'm go glad that couple at the river found her, and brought her to VRC.  And now she's in a loving home with lots of attention.  I love when animals make themselves at home right away like she did - this is my toy, and this is my couch, and you are my people.  She knew she was finally where she belongs.

• Love 7

There was a VRC post on FB saying that every dog featured on the show - including Thick & Molasses (the "if you're interested in adopting" dogs that needed to go as a bonded pair) now have forever homes. And the dogs that were not chosen from the meet and greet were moved to their prison program partners in FL and PA and one of them was also ultimately adopted! The only dog from the show still with VRC waiting for a home is Quiche - who looks from her FB glamor shots like she'd be a great companion. I think it might be a first that by the time the show aired everyone was taken.

Edited by Rlb8031
subject verb agreement is important
  • Love 2

I was so happy to read the facebook article that all the featured dogs on the last episode have been adopted. I love followups like that especially on the dogs that have been there for some time. I have learned a lot from this show concerning how to approach dogs.

I have been a volunteer at the local spca since 2002. I have been taking photos since 2005. Their tips have helped the entire photo team calm the dogs so we get good pictures. They are in it for the long haul not for personal gain. I love that and it comes through in the show.

Last weeks show concerning the camera man and the little Frenchie was oh so adorable. Love to see that. In this day and age a little love goes a long way.

• Love 1