Type keyword(s) to search

Person Of Interest - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Thanks for the heads up. I knew she was doing one but not when. I haven't seen an episode of GA in 7 or 8 years - that might be interesting.

Thanks to IMDB,  I just learned that Michael Emerson is from Iowa and graduated HS about 30 miles from where I grew up. And that his latest role is the Abbot in Name of the Rose. A bit of Googling says that the BBC and Sundance TV bought it but not when it's airing. 

ETA:  May 1st for Sundance, according to another link.

Rewatching for the first time since it stopped airing. I forgot how much a loved this show. It was way ahead of its time and never quite became the hit it should have been. 

• Love 7

I think being on CBS hurt (and helped) it. I was a late convert, as it looked like a typical CBS procedural, so I ignored it for the first season or two.  But yeah, being ahead of its time didn't help either. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, tessaray said:

I think being on CBS hurt (and helped) it. I was a late convert, as it looked like a typical CBS procedural, so I ignored it for the first season or two.  But yeah, being ahead of its time didn't help either. 

For sure, being in CBS lead to its premature demise, as it didn’t own the show. I don’t think the eventual outcome would have changed all that much but a few things would have had more time to develop and be flushed out. Oh well, it was still an amazing show.  Just finished season 1, and I’m laughing at how the relationships are going to evolve over time. It’s a trip, and so far holds up really well.   

• Love 2

I doubt it. CBS didn't own Person of Interest (as said in a previous post), which is why it was rushed out the door by burning off the episodes of the last season.  

Now I understand using TBBT as click-bait but PoI?  🙂 

• Love 2
On 8/24/2020 at 9:15 PM, stonehaven said:

I'm doing a rewatch as Netflix is dropping it on Sept. 21st.

Really?  That's disappointing.  I re-watched this not that long ago.  It's one of those TV shows you could find randomly while surfing channels and you would stop and watch it.  

• Love 2
On 8/24/2020 at 10:15 PM, stonehaven said:

I'm doing a rewatch as Netflix is dropping it on Sept. 21st. I watched 4 episodes in one sitting....Forgot how good it was..how much action it had and a layer of ethical debate to it....

I just finished my rewatch with a few hours to spare before it leaves tomorrow. I hadn’t  seen it since it was cancelled and I’d forgotten how weird it was. 

Finished watching.  Not a big fan of WestWorld so wasn't sure what to expect with this one except there were good reviews.

Kind of like WW, the scope of the series arc went from kind of personal to existential threats.  I didn't like the machines taking over theme of WW that much.  It's not a new thing, we've heard of the amorphous Skynet (only watched Terminator 1 and 2).  The problem with the machine as the uber villain is the lack of personality.  Greatest villain roles are played by humans, not text or some robotic voice.

So Nolan, by the final few episodes, give both Samaritan and the Machine anthropomorphic qualities in their expressions.  In fact the Machine acquires Root's voice and her form in the finale.  Then you see the progression to Dolores, Wyatt and the other villains in WW.  Guess Nolan figured the machine villain must have a human face.

I thought the first 3 seasons were better than the last two.  The story and the world building was more contained.  You had strands of a larger conspiratorial plot, with the battles against HR and then Control's org, before they spring the whole Samaritan arc that ends the series.  I don't know if the plan was always to build towards the longer arcs all along or they just keep raising the ante.  But they had to make the earlier seasons have more or less self-contained episodes, telling good stories about the POI of the week.

I don't know that raising the stakes with each successive antagonist resulted in a better show.  These were underdogs in a way but Finch had unlimited resources and they quietly and effectively saved lives.  Then they layered in more and more complications.  In addition to the big villains you got Elias, the Brotherhood, the Voice, Vigilance, then the group that tried to kill the POTUS.  Toward the last 30-40 episodes or so, they were dealing with enemies from all directions.

I don't quite buy that ASI can rule the world so easily, hack into a US Naval Destroyer to fire missiles say, or just crack any device in the world instantly.  The latter part is poetic license, any device with an Internet connection can be taken over and serve the ASI.  Or there are so many connected cameras that the Machine could warn Reese or Shaw enemies coming at them from 10 o'clock, 3 o'clock, etc. just a second before they show up.

Plausibility and credibility problems increased in frequency.  But it was a thrilling ride.

• Love 1

So Jim Caviezel was promoting a new movie. 

At a right wing conference where the all stars like Lin Wood and My Pillow Guy were a part of.  

And decided to push a QAnon theory.

Jesus, what are you doing?  

(edited)

The QAnon Anonymous podcast, which mocks Q and believers in the conspiracy theory in detail every week, have an episode today specifically about Jim Caviezel and a lot of background which they say they have discovered from former crew on the show about his time on the set of Person of Interest, all of which is extremely disturbing and weird.

No idea obviously how true any of it is, but it’s clear that a number of people did NOT like working with him. It also alleges that he mistreated not only the crew but other named actors on the show, passing members of the public while shooting and also the first dog to play Bear.

Really depressing stuff. Got to hope at least some of it is made up, because otherwise it would further ruin this show, which I really loved. However, the fact that Caviezel has recently come out as a full Q conspiracist has to make one seriously consider what else may have been going on with him.

This is the link: (warning, the presenters swear frequently, there is discussion and allegations of anti-Semitic beliefs, Islamophbia, homophobia, sexism and racism, etc).

https://m.soundcloud.com/qanonanonymous/episode-143-jim-caviezel-enter-the-cavortex-feat-dave-anthony

Edited by Lebanna
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1

Unfortunately, Jim Caviezel continues to do even more publicity for the QAnon conspiracy theory. Things are looking pretty irredeemable for him at this point. If further proof is needed, there is a video of him at a recent conspiracy conference.

I just find all of this pretty tragic.
Edited by Lebanna
  • Useful 1

JEEZ. He thinks that Mr. Reese was a real character.

We just finished a rewatch of the show (it's on HBO Max), and were astounded at how good and PRESCIENT it was.

Among other plot topics: foiling a pandemic; flash crashes in the stock market; suggesting that with Samaritan choosing the Supreme Court judges, they'd be in place for generations...

Helluva show with some really great acting.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

PoI is on Freevee now. I was between podcasts so I clicked on the first episode and was hooked all over again. (Wasn’t sure I could watch Caviezel but it was fine. But then I usually ignore actors IRL stuff.)

The commercials aren't that bad. Fewer than live network tv and because it was a network show, the breaks are built-in and fairly seamless. 

Zoey Morgan is still fun and the appearance of Elias brings up memories and anticipation. Lionel, too. Gotta love a good redemption story. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I feel weird rewatching PoI when I'm so far behind all my streaming shows (except Mando). But I just finished up the second season and am on to the third. 

How many shows could have pivotal scenes - including a shootout - in a library and have it make perfect sense? 🙂

Not looking forward to certain third season events.

• Like 4

RIP, Carter.

This rewatch is the first time I really clued in on the little things in previous episodes that showed Reese falling for Carter. Even so, I still don't like the blood bath that followed. 

And I still find Vigiliance tedious, though yay, Control is now on the scene. (I'm a Camryn Manheim fan.)

• Like 1
On 9/25/2022 at 3:15 PM, kwnyc said:

We just finished a rewatch of the show (it's on HBO Max), and were astounded at how good and PRESCIENT it was.

Among other plot topics: foiling a pandemic; flash crashes in the stock market; suggesting that with Samaritan choosing the Supreme Court judges, they'd be in place for generations...

Helluva show with some really great acting.

Grabbing this long-ago post to note that when POI was at ComiCon -right around when Snowden was in the news (I think)- they bought ad space on some of the hotel keycards:

cdb4ebde2bc2e0798e789a57753aa020.jpg.794c34dfe760357162eb96c191a156e5.jpg

I really want to start a re-watch, but the Caviezel stuff has me staying away

• Like 3
8 hours ago, fastiller said:

I really want to start a re-watch, but the Caviezel stuff has me staying away

I had the same thought but went ahead  and it's been fine. There wasn't much nuance to John's journey anyway. It's Harold and the Machine that I primarily cared about. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1