Type keyword(s) to search

Parks & Recreation - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Late in posting. Aubrey Plaza hosted the 2019 Independent Spirit Awards two weeks ago and Jim O'Heir(Jerry/Garry/Larry) to do this little bit:

For those who don't know, this is a parody of Netflix' documentary on the Fyre Festival fiasco, specifically this part:

Jenny Slate's book Little Weirds is coming out on November 5 and she's doing a book tour!

Sunday, 11/3/19 - Washington, DC - Lisner Auditorium

Tuesday, 11/5/19 - New York, NY - The Town Hall

Friday, 11/8/19 - Chicago, IL - The Vic Theatre

Sunday, 11/10/19 - San Francisco, CA - Sydney Goldstein Theater

Monday, 11/11/19 - Portland, OR - Revolution Hall

Tuesday, 11/12/19 - Los Angeles, CA - The Theatre at Ace Hotel

Sunday, 11/17/19 - Seattle, WA - The Neptune Theatre

Saturday, 11/30/19 - Boston, MA - The Wilbur

• Like 1

If I Wrote a Coronavirus Episode

First of all, Leslie would’ve known the CDC protocols for social distancing already, and they would’ve been instituted within 24 hours of the first reports of the coronavirus in America. A full-color poster explaining what people could and could not do would be posted on every lamppost and message board in Pawnee, and she would write a song with lyrics explaining what everyone’s responsibilities were going forward. Maybe it would’ve been set to a famous existing song, like “Imagine,” by John Lennon. But the lyrics would help people. And not make everyone angry.

Second, she more than anyone would recognize the importance of community. All town forums would be continued online. Zoom would be installed on everyone’s computers overnight. She would worry, though, about the lack of in-person contact, so she and Ann would have proper six-foot-apart walk-and-talks every day. If Ann swayed closer than six feet, she would be gently chastised, perhaps via spray bottle. Eventually, Leslie would invent some kind of wearable Hula-Hoop rig that would demonstrate how far apart they needed to be.

She would check in on Tom and Donna and April and Andy and 50 other people four times a day to see if any of them had a fever or cough. They would pretend to be annoyed but would secretly love it.

Ron would be thrilled because now there’s a reason for him to be alone with no one bothering him. But he’d worry about Leslie. —Mike Schur

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, MrWhyt said:

no your room got all dusty when they were all singing

I was laughing and crying at the same time. I loved this so much. I watched some episodes earlier today to get hyped ( not that I needed to )

• Love 5

Although the show has been off the air for only a few years, Adam Scott (Ben) seems to have changed the most in appearance.  No mention of Mark (Paul Schneider) but I really wasn't expecting him to show up or get a mention.  But I was glad to see Joan Callamezzo (sans the Gotcha Dancers) and Jeremy Jamm.  Even Tammy Two got a smile from me.  And Jean Ralphio was annoying as ever.  Best moment hands down- "5000 Candles in the wind".

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8

This was so cute. I thought it started out slowly, but you could see them all rediscovering their characters and they all got stronger as the episode progressed (except Rob Lowe, who must embody Chris Traeger because he was on from minute 1).

Wasn't expecting to see the side characters, too -- that was fun!

Although what was the deal with the floating lights in Chris Pratt's basement during the Johnny Karate demonstration. Anybody else notice that?

• Love 6

That was a fun and welcomed return.  Obviously a bit rushed and loose, since I suspect everything was put together much quicker than normal television, but a great watch none the less.

I thought they did a solid job with explaining why the married couples weren't in the same room, like Leslie being at work while Ben is back at home with the kids and slowly losing it by attempting to do a "claymation" story for Cones of Dunshire (hee!), Andy naturally locking himself in a shed and trying to break himself out instead of letting April help, and Ann having to be separate from Chris since she's back out in the field to help.  Did love that they took advantage of Nick Offerman and Megan Mullally's real life marriage by having Tammy 2.0 getting captured after trying to sneak in!

To be fair, I wouldn't be surprised if Rob Lowe's blood somehow was the solution to everything!

April wearing the first five clothes she got out of a garbage bag is something I can totally see both her and Aubrey Plaza herself doing!

Gerry still gets no love, but as long as he's happy, I'm happy for him!

Figured we would also get a few cameos, and I wasn't disappointed.  Jean Ralphio making a commercial so that people will just call him was perfect and Dennis Feinstein would totally be someone hawking a fake cure like the total sleazebag he is!  But my favorite was Bobby Newport!  Not even aware over what is going on!  But, damn!  That quarantine beard makes 50 year-old Paul Rudd look like he's in his late 30s instead of early 30s!  Oh, no!

The group song was perfect.  I will also get a kick out of Ben being the only one in Pawnee that doesn't understand the Lil Sebastian hype!

All in all, great to see the Pawnee gang again, no matter what form!

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

it was nice to see these characters on my TV again, and it's clearly for a good cause. At the same time, I was a bit disappointed, because I didn't think it was actually funny.

The only things that got an audible laugh out of me were Andy talking about his butthole and not realizing that everyone could hear him, and the reveal of Tammy Two behind Ron.

Tammy Two is one of the funniest characters the show ever had, and that was their only opportunity to have two actors in the same room, so I'm surprised they didn't make more use of her.

• Love 1

I tried to keep expectations low because reunion series generally suck and this was thrown together under strange circumstances. This totally exceeded my expectations! I loved seeing all of our old friends from Pawnee. Bobby Newport was the perfect start and Dennis Feinstein had my fav commercial bit. I thought it was all very silly and fun. I thought Amy did an amazing job carrying the whole thing too. It felt like Leslie never left.

This was the tv show equivalent of a warm hug. It definitely lifted my spirits. Posting here about this is even bringing back memories of going to TWOP after episodes. 

• Love 15
22 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I thought it was pretty good!

No Billy Eichner!

Oof at that tweet. I guess he wasn't asked back. I know some fans hated his character and felt he hurt the show - I wonder if someone there agreed.

1 hour ago, thuganomics85 said:

But my favorite was Bobby Newport!  Not even aware over what is going on!  But, damn!  That quarantine beard makes 50 year-old Paul Rudd look like he's in his late 30s instead of early 30s!  Oh, no!

I thought he looked pretty snazzy (he was a bit rougher on SNL this past week). One of the few who looks good with quarantine fuzz.

2 hours ago, AD35 said:

Although the show has been off the air for only a few years, Adam Scott (Ben) seems to have changed the most in appearance.  No mention of Mark (Paul Schneider) but I really wasn't expecting him to show up or get a mention.  But I was glad to see Joan Callamezzo (sans the Gotcha Dancers) and Jeremy Jamm.  Even Tammy Two got a smile from me.  And Jean Ralphio was annoying as ever.  Best moment hands down- "5000 Candles in the wind".

Adam was trending because of his appearance. I couldn't tell if he really looked that different or if it's just the shaggier hair and different makeup (he was much more cleancut when he was on Parks). 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Pete Martell said:

Oof at that tweet. I guess he wasn't asked back. I know some fans hated his character and felt he hurt the show - I wonder if someone there agreed.

Oh his whole TWITTER FEED is about the snub!!!!  I had no idea that Craig was unpopular?  He's really ranting about it.

• Sad 1
  • Love 1

Re:Ben/Adam Scott

I thought he looked awful. I thought he was going to be quarantined away from Leslie & the kids b/c he was sick (like Chris Cuomo in his basement).  

46 minutes ago, Dots And Stripes said:

Bobby Newport was the perfect start and Dennis Feinstein had my fav commercial bit.

Didn't he marry Shauna Malwae-Tweep at the end of the show? 

Oh, it was good to see Derek from "The Good Place" again. 

I expected Mona Lisa to show up somehow in the Jean-Ralphio segment too. 

1 hour ago, Tdoc72 said:

So good I gave a donation to Feeding America!

So did I. 

1 hour ago, thuganomics85 said:

To be fair, I wouldn't be surprised if Rob Lowe's blood somehow was the solution to everything!

That would...literally... be perfect. 

• Love 8

Zouks as always for the win!

Did Adam stop filming a show with him as a coked out Wall Street day Trader right before the stay at home order happened? His look was mostly the hair.

• LOL 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Zouks as always for the win!

Did Adam stop filming a show with him as a coked out Wall Street day Trader right before the stay at home order happened? His look was mostly the hair.

I think it was the hair that made  him look most different, but he looked very much like an over stressed parent who’s about 6 weeks over due for a haircut and styling it the best the can for a video call...not that I have done that. 

5,000 Candles in the Wind was the best way to end this.  😭😭😭

I’d like another special. I’d like that special to be 60 minutes, and I’d like it to be yearly. (I am selfish) 

Edited by Trillium
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, Eolivet said:

Although what was the deal with the floating lights in Chris Pratt's basement during the Johnny Karate demonstration. Anybody else notice that?

I was wondering about that myself.  I suppose it was dust that he kicked up when he was doing his karate moves.  At one point I thought maybe they were small moths.  Termites?

Something no one has mentioned:  Why would anyone have a lock on the inside of their shed?  Perfect for Andy Dwyer though.

• Love 1

Re:Ben/Adam Scott

I thought he looked awful. 

Poor guy is not aging well. I've seen him in a couple of things recently, like an episode of Andrea Savage's show "I'm sorry." Hey, we can't all look young forever, and at least he hasn't gone the traditional Hollywood route of ruining his face with surgery.

Didn't he marry Shauna Malwae-Tweep at the end of the show? 

That's one of the recurring characters I most expected to see, but I guess they could hardly get every last recurring character from that show to appear. They got some of the better ones anyway, like Perd!