Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E03: Naughty and Nice

FormerMod-a1
  • Start Topic

The reason we will always have Richie Blaise is that he lurvey-lurvey-lurves Top Chef (now that he won All Stars) and would crawl to every invite. He can use TC to build his Empire. I mean, some one else used their reality show to become Emperor, so...

• Love 1

I’ll join the Blaise hate, though at this point I kind of love to hate him. He’s just such a blatant douchebag, it’s almost enjoyable. His fanboy was insufferable though (“I touched Richard’s fork!”). Was not sorry to see him go and won’t be sorry to see the butcher go anytime soon either. 

I like most of the other contestants though! Really loving Nini and although he’s one giant ball of nerves still like David. I don’t even mind Brandon, who tried to help the guy with the overly salty dessert.  

Edited by racked
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, racked said:

Was not sorry to see him go and won’t be sorry to see the butcher go anytime soon either. 

If you mean Richard’s fanboy he didn’t leave and is one of the strongest contestants.

• Love 1

I agree with all of you who hated the overly complicated challenges.  Maybe it is because I watched a ton of GBBO and just finished The final table (which has its own issues), but I like to see the cooking and I feel like the time constraint and ingredient constraints are enough.  However many of them cooking dessert (which they usually all complain about in a “home” kitchen was annoying. 

• Love 1
On 12/23/2018 at 1:47 PM, kicksave said:

No one is pitting them against each other...when Richard was on Top Chef and Stephanie won he was a sore loser...that's all. Go back and check out the tape...he was very condescending towards her. And isn't that the point of the show? To "pit" chefs against each other to see who will win each competition and ultimately win Top Chef? 

Sure, that was the point when they competed on the show... which was 10 years ago. I'm certainly rooting for them both to succeed now.

• Love 3

I am a fan of Richard Blais. I knew him as a judge on Guy’s Grocery Games before I realized that he was on Top Chef. After watching him on season 4, I believe that he was never in competition with Stephanie and never put her down. I believe that he was only competing with himself. All of his answers regarding season 4 are about beating himself up (I choked). It’s hard too explain, but his personality and drive are only about his own performance (very self-involved). 

In any case,  Stephanie is an Iron Chef now and has clearly moved on. 

• Love 5

I just caught up with the last couple episodes after the holiday, and I was kind of annoyed about Tom knocking Pablo's dish for having underripe raspberries. Maybe the point was that he shouldn't have used them, but the production did the shopping here so if the ingredients in the dish are showing their poor quality, that's on the production and not the contestant.

• Love 7
On 12/21/2018 at 12:53 AM, MerBearHou said:

Same here. Apparently we’re in a very small club, but I like him too. Always have. 

I actually didn't mind him so much on his season, but the revisionist history of how he should've been Top Chef is annoying. Stephanie Izard has consistently shown herself to be awesome and a (nice and polite) badass in the kitchen, both during and after the show.

ETA: I jumped in on this topic before reading all the comments, clearly my point has already been made by others. I would just encourage folks to go to any of Stephanie's restaurants. She has 3 and they're all really fantastic. She does "depth of flavor" better than anyone. It's a term I didn't entirely get until eating her food.

Edited by candle96
  • Love 9