Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E30: Eye to Eye

druzy
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, Lemons said:

That’s a bit deep for a three year old to be thinking.  She’s a smiley kid.  She seems to have a good natured personality, pretty ordinary sweet little girl.  It’s nice that she’ll have a real sister for a companion.  

If the emphasis is on real sister, as in a sister who actually exists in her life and isn't a figment who will move in with them in 8 years, then I might agree with you. 

But actually, probably not even then because Catelynn and Tyler are a mess and do not need to be adding another kid to the mix, for everyone's sake, including the one who's about to be born and will be fighting the same odds Nova is fighting.

• Love 5

teen Mom OG star Ryan Edwards is reportedly back on Tinder just weeks after returning home from rehab and welcoming his first child with wife Mackenzie Standifer.

As first reported by Radar Online, the MTV reality star may not be completely committed to his relationship with Standifer, whom he married in June of 2017, as he has reportedly reactivated his Tinder account, and there is photo evidence to prove it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, NannyBails said:

Okay, dumb question here, but isn't their whole life after giving birth technically "post partum"?    Or does that term only apply to a specific medical condition?   I'm on my couch eating cheetos and too lazy to look it up...

Snark noted.

• Love 1

I'm sure Ryder will appreciate the mental image of her dad barely lasting two minutes during her conception. 

Cate and Ty both need to shit or get off the pot with this separation nonsense. I hate Cate, but understand her frustration: if Tyler's so desperate to get away, why stall? She's going to be in her last trimester soon and it's a lot harder to justify living apart but still being together while you have a newborn. YOU chose to separate during the pregnancy, so do it while she's still pregnant! Tyler is shitty for not caring how him moving out will affect Nova, especially after watching her develop mommy issues during the retreats ; Cate is shitty for shutting down and turning on the tears when Tyler rightfully brought up the hypocrisy of everyone cheerleading her abandoning her life every 3 months because "it's for mental health" but shaming him the second he talks about his own needs. They both just need to get away from each other. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

This show has to be scripted.

I thought the resident Poet Laureate was about to break into some Spoken Word with his mom at dinner. 

Oh my god, you've discovered the thing that would make me go back to watching this program!!! Now I can't stop picturing Tyler having emotional moments as breaking out into slam poetry right on the spot, and his mom being like "Just let it out Tyty, mmm! Preach!" while he says stuff in that stupid slam poetry meter. To quote Leslie Knope, "anything......is a SLAM...when you SAY it....like THIS." 

• Love 6

The thing is, on one hand I get Tyler’s thinking. Cate pulls this “my trauma, my tiggers!” And has left the parenting thing for weeks, months, whatever to deal with her stuff and SHE is always the one in the crisis and he has to deal and be supportive and cate can’t for him, ever.

But I sort of understand Cate in the sense that he has asked for this separation and hasn’t given a time frame when it’s starting or when it end or what are the rules. Maybe because he doesn’t want an ending point, as some have speculated here. He wants the marriage to be over. But he hasn’t told her he wants that and so she honestly doesn’t have any idea what’s going on.

Also lately there seems to be some pent up hostility between both of them. Now that Carly is pretty much  out of the picture, their relationship seems kind of.. empty. I’ve always felt that that moment has been what their relationship was  built on.   And now that isn’t there. Not to mention I do feel resentment from both of them regarding the whole adoption. I know there’s some backstory that cate was talked into it by Tyler and I think that’s an issue now.

I don’t watch Cheanne or Bristol so.. skip.

Maci.. I want to like her but she makes it so hard for me. I do like that she’s an actual parent to her kids but I don’t think she’s anuthing special in that regard. Like she does what she does. 

Amber sucks. 

I hate that this season just proves that I kind of miss Farrah and I don’t like her at all.

• Love 8
On 12/20/2018 at 12:02 PM, Rebky said:

For all of Amber's theatrics, I did not see one tear fall from her eyes. I have very low tolerance for fake people who fake "cry".

Also, what does she want MTV to do? She seemed to be complaining that Cate got more "time off" than she did to deal with her post-partum depression, claiming that she only got a week, while Cate got a month. What does that mean? That MTV agreed to suspend filming for a week during a time when she was contracted to film? That seems pretty accommodating since they presumably would have the full crew out in IN paying for their salaries, hotel, food while getting nothing done and also ended up being behind schedule, which would cost more money. So Amber's desperately needed break probably cost the company 5-6 figures. Then when she agreed to come back to work, all she did was literally bitch and cry and yell at her supervisors. Which was fine because that's all she's really required to do for her $300K+ job-- literally just exist, on camera, for a few weeks a year that are scheduled well in advance. But she seriously expects people to feel sorry for her. And, I guess, she thought MTV should hire an Amber lookalike to bake cookies with Leah and take James to a Mommy and Me yoga class and film that for the show while she lay in her bed crying over social media and eating charcuterie (and, of course, continuing to collect her paycheck). I think she might be the most delusional of all the TMs.

And I question her "treatment." In the clip from the reunion she says she's working with her psychiatrist, but in another clip she says she's "going to start seeing her psychiatrist again." I believe that she only goes to the psychiatrist every few months to get her meds and the psychiatrist probably keeps telling her that she needs to see someone for talk therapy as well and she keeps making excuses about why she hasn't done so yet and saying she's going to do it soon. Then she goes back to her bed and the "drugs and yelling at people" program she's got working.

• Love 5

I think Amber honestly does suffer from a fairly severe mental illness. However, I also feel like she uses that as an excuse to get out of doing anything she doesn’t want to do while simultaneously refusing to engage with reasonable treatment. The body language of the producer said it all to me. They have this conversation with Amber all the time.

i am not as sure Cait suffers from a severe or chronic mental illness. I think she has suffered from depression, but I’m not sure it’s chronic. I think she has no copping skills other then attaching herself to other people. Taylor absolutely has a point that he shouldn’t have to bear the burden of Cait’s happiness. However Cait has a point about this separation. What is it?  I don’t even understand it. I mean, I do. Taylor wants a divorce but is afraid to say so and hopes this separation will somehow go on forever. But that’s also not fair to Cait. Rip off the bandaid so she can mourn her marriage and start to heal. 

Dakota and Bristol are both assholes! What do you want Bristol? Your ex hates you. Happens a lot with divorce. Most people don’t break up because they like each other so much. However, oh you haven’t had a single panic attack since Bristol moves out, Dakota? Oh fuck you. Everything in your life was all her fault? Well she’s gone now so good luck with that.

There is no way I would let Ryan take care of a fish let alone a child.

Chyanne, don’t care.

• Love 7

All of the sneak peaks of the reunion just.. ugh. Ambers sneak peek is annoying, because she’s complaining she doesn’t have enough time away from the camera but won’t do a treatment plan to go away and get more time and claims her treatment is working. I don’t think it is. I mean Catelynn and Tyler’s sneak peak makes me dislike dr Panda more. And Maci saying social media is mom shamers. Which.. look I get.

I feel super careful when discussing these people because I hate shaming on anything but they do things I don’t understand on this show. But yeah.. not looking forward to this reunion. 

Also.. love Nessa saying “Maci I’ve never seen you break down..” what?  She has cried many times.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

All of the sneak peaks of the reunion just.. ugh. Ambers sneak peek is annoying, because she’s complaining she doesn’t have enough time away from the camera but won’t do a treatment plan to go away and get more time and claims her treatment is working. I don’t think it is.

I don't think the cast should have to go to inpatient treatment that forbids cameras in order to get a break from filming when they're in the midst of a mental health crisis. But I don't believe that MTV forces them to film when they're in crisis. The reality is that filming is these people's (well paid) job. MTV needs footage for the show to make money, which is how they pay them. When Cate went to treatment, they agreed to let her out of day-to-day filming, but they were able to film Tyler and Nova and they filmed Cate during family visitation. Presumably, she/they would have preferred not to film at all, but it's a job and they need the money.

When Amber claimed to be in crisis and unable to film, they let her take a week off (during which I doubt she did anything to seek treatment), then they came back at a time that she agreed to resume filming. At that point, she lay on her bed/couch and cried over SM, blamed MTV for her problems, and yelled at the producers. They didn't say, "This isn't good enough, Amber. You have to go to square dancing lessons or make a charcuterie board or change your baby's diaper. We will stay here with these lights and cameras in your face until you do!" No one made her do anything or filmed her without her permission. There was literally no difference between her time off and her "time on" except that she had a camera crew and producers there during her "on" time. I would rather lie on my couch without an audience, but if I could get paid $300K I'd deal with the inconvenience or get up off the couch and do--literally anything--if I'd prefer to be filmed that way.

All of that to say, most people dealing with mental illness (or not) have to find some way to deal WHILE working a quite possibly shitty job/jobs where they're required to do--anything. Even if they're feeling bad, most would be very happy to make 6 figures to suck it up for a few hours and go for a mani/pedi, go out to dinner, go visit their kid, or just sit in bed crying about how hard life is. I know that Amber truly doesn't get it, but it's still really annoying.

• Love 8
45 minutes ago, TheRealT said:

I don't think the cast should have to go to inpatient treatment that forbids cameras in order to get a break from filming when they're in the midst of a mental health crisis. But I don't believe that MTV forces them to film when they're in crisis. The reality is that filming is these people's (well paid) job. MTV needs footage for the show to make money, which is how they pay them. When Cate went to treatment, they agreed to let her out of day-to-day filming, but they were able to film Tyler and Nova and they filmed Cate during family visitation. Presumably, she/they would have preferred not to film at all, but it's a job and they need the money.

When Amber claimed to be in crisis and unable to film, they let her take a week off (during which I doubt she did anything to seek treatment), then they came back at a time that she agreed to resume filming. At that point, she lay on her bed/couch and cried over SM, blamed MTV for her problems, and yelled at the producers. They didn't say, "This isn't good enough, Amber. You have to go to square dancing lessons or make a charcuterie board or change your baby's diaper. We will stay here with these lights and cameras in your face until you do!" No one made her do anything or filmed her without her permission. There was literally no difference between her time off and her "time on" except that she had a camera crew and producers there during her "on" time. I would rather lie on my couch without an audience, but if I could get paid $300K I'd deal with the inconvenience or get up off the couch and do--literally anything--if I'd prefer to be filmed that way.

All of that to say, most people dealing with mental illness (or not) have to find some way to deal WHILE working a quite possibly shitty job/jobs where they're required to do--anything. Even if they're feeling bad, most would be very happy to make 6 figures to suck it up for a few hours and go for a mani/pedi, go out to dinner, go visit their kid, or just sit in bed crying about how hard life is. I know that Amber truly doesn't get it, but it's still really annoying.

That’s what I wanted to say but couldn’t get my thoughts as clear as you. If amber really needed time away and she was working on her treatment plan, I think mtv would have been understanding.

And I’m sorry but she claims she has a treatment plan she’s doing from home and it’s working, but it doesn’t sound like it is. I know that clip was short but she still seems not great. I also think like someone else said she probably sees a doctor to adjust her meds but I don’t think she does anything other than that. She probably should do some sort of therapy as well. But she probably doesn’t want to because a therapist doesn’t tell you what you want to hear all the time. 

And I can’t get behind the “This show only shows the bad side of my life” this is the same issue I have with reality tv stars complaining about editing. Yes editing exists but you did say or do whatever you did while there was a camera filming you so it did happen. Mtv can only show what amber films for the show. What is mtv supposed to do?

And as I said Tyler and Cates sneak peek kade me feel for Tyler and really dislike Drew some more. As much as I don’t like Tyler, Drew’s questioning seemed to be leading Tyler’s answers to make him feel bad about wanting or needing space or time away. Even though Catelynn got to And was praised for it. Honestly Tyler shouldn’t feel bad, as I said he tries to bring things up and it’s all like “that just really upsets me and makes me have abandonment issues” or whatever she says. It’s kind of hard not to feel for him.

I am not really sure if there’s anyone I want to see an update on from the reunion. I don’t watch Bristol or Cheyanne and Macis reunion are probably just going to be updates on the kids and possibly stuff about Ryan that we already know because we have the internet. And yeah now that Ryan is not on the show, it’s kind of a nothing point. Jen and Larry are nice and all but without them, Maci has nothing of a story. Her kids are adorable but not enough to keep me interested.

Then again.. no ones story is that interesting. This season finale really hammered that in. Most of the girls have the same story they have had since the first season of this franchise.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 3

I'm sure Amber approaches mental health treatment just like she approached addiction treatment. She'll refuse to actually do something productive. She'll refuse to get off the couch. She'll claim she's too famous and that she's doing some DIY treatment at home. Which clearly isn't working. Lather, rinse, repeat.

• Love 4
On 12/17/2018 at 10:17 PM, Chris Knight said:

I am seeing Cate's side here,somewhat. Tyler, are you leaving or not ? You're the one who wants this trial separation and keeps talking about it . Leave, already  !

I totally get this cause if you really wanted to leave, you could've stayed at a Best Western/AirBnB or something for that week or so that that contractor said he was delayed. You so need the personal space right? 

• Love 1