Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: Either Him or Me

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

This episode was boring to me because it is so scripted. Katie barely works at SUR and does not need the job.  Like Lisa didn't know she was filming with her that day "oh? you wanted to talk to me?"

Speaking of people who barely work at SUR, 

I noticed that Sandoval told the SUR hostess he had a reservation for "Sandoval" and it was pretty clear that he isn't pretending to be a bartender enough to have even met her before.

• Love 15
9 hours ago, Rubyslippahz said:

The beer cheese thing means we are going to have to see Memaw again on the show.  Ugh. 

Lol! Memaw annoys me too. And "beer cheese" sounds really gross. Maybe Brittany thinks Memaws cheesy beer will make Brit the next Bethany Frankel. Yeah. Right.

• Love 7

Considering LVP makes her female waitresses wear what is basically a tiny slip of a dress- I doubt she is really all that upset about James’ comment to Katie. 

Hasn’t LVP/Ken Todd/ SUR been sued for sexual harassment multiple times? 

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

James is a dick, but all the guys on this show have taken their turns being morons. Raquel stays with James for the same reason Brittany stays with Jax. Katie is attractive but needs a thicker skin- she isn’t fat, but isn’t petite either, and she is still fairly young. Wait until she has a kid or two, or hits her forties. I don’t agree with fat shaming, but I do think it’s important to keep our weight in check. 

Sandoval’s Dad looks like a cross between Al Pacino and Tom Sandoval!!

For the bolded part: Why? What happens if "our" weight isn't "in check"? Who's checking? 

I ask because so much of what we think we _need_ to do is based off of somebody trying to sell us something. Marketing disguised as "Oh, but your HEALTH!" Whether an outdated BMI checker, a rando's preference, or a rating scale: It just gets old, and tiring, and adds to all the crap people have to put up with to be considered worthy of existing. 

I hated that LVP dumped it on Raquel to go "manage" her drunk, abuse-slinging boyfriend at Pride. Between that and the preview of James's crocodile tears next ep (will he throw in his family problems again? Or another poor me story?), we'll be stuck with James for a long time. But then, everybody kept/keeps giving Jax a pass, too. Great training for all the little empathy-free manipulating asshats growing up in the world...

Ariana's outfit looked like it couldn't decide what it wanted to be, but I thought her ass looked great in it, and I don't even care about her much as a person/character. It's a weird edit she's getting; warm & accepting. I could have sworn her expression was sour when Brittany said Raquel was joining their party, but then she came out with the complete opposite. Confusing.

I'm glad Stassi's still on the show. I wish she hadn't been with that soul-dead guy; I like how we've seen her evolve over the years. 

But yeah, I'm tired of the James storyline, and that being all Kristen's story is. I do want to see Lala rip into James again, though. :D

• Love 20
3 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

I won’t deny that Kristen is Kray; but I do politely disagree that she’s engaging in this behavior out of jealousy. I personally think she’s doing this to stay relevant on the show; gotta keep those Bravo checks rolling in! 

Also I think she just enjoys it and is really into it.  It's probably on her list of hobbies right below day drinking.  I went to community college PI school with my buddies a long ass time ago.  Identity theft and privacy concerns have made everything I know irrelevant, but back when I knew how to be an amateur detective it was super fun to go sherlocking around.

2 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Considering LVP makes her female waitresses wear what is basically a tiny slip of a dress- I doubt she is really all that upset about James’ comment to Katie. 

Hasn’t LVP/Ken Todd/ SUR been sued for sexual harassment multiple times? 

If that time they made Stassi and Katie do a sexy dance for Guillermo's bday in season 2 is indicative of the choices made at SUR, I can believe it.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 11

I'm all for firing James (his comments to women are gross), but I did find that whole scene of Katie counseling Raquel on how James treats her a bit rich considering her own husband constantly cheats on her when he drinks and has twice thrown drinks on her, on camera. I also noted the editors' shadiness when Jax was talking to Brittany about James being a cheater. The men on this show are all awful. 

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, HouseofBeck said:

I hated that LVP dumped it on Raquel to go "manage" her drunk, abuse-slinging boyfriend at Pride. Between that and the preview of James's crocodile tears next ep (will he throw in his family problems again? Or another poor me story?), we'll be stuck with James for a long time. But then, everybody kept/keeps giving Jax a pass, too. Great training for all the little empathy-free manipulating asshats growing up in the world...

I think the difference is that people actually like Jax and he's able to sell his manipulations and lies as people pleasing, whereas James is just an asshat.  

• Love 6

I noticed when Katie retold the fat-shaming story this episode to the girls and LVP, she made it like she'd simply told James to fix his shorts and he machine-gunned her with body shaming, unprovoked. 

But in reality, she injected herself into James and Lala's Pride conversation by mocking him with "You shouldn't be talking about anyone, LOOK AT YOUR SHORTS, DUDE" as if he looked any stupider/uglier than any of them in those crazy 80s outfits.  

Share the shaming, share the blaming.

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, HouseofBeck said:

or the bolded part: Why? What happens if "our" weight isn't "in check"? Who's checking? 

Katie has struggled with insecurity about her weight for a while, as do many young women. I dislike what James said, but also disappointed that Katie turned it into a “politically correct” hot topic. James is really good at rooting out other people’s insecurities and using it against them. 

James is self serving and had Katie spoken to him directly and told him she was offended and would be speaking to LVP if it happened again, he probably would stop to save his own skin. 

If Katie is happy with her current weight that is what is important but I doubt she would react like that if she was. If Katie thinks it is difficult to maintain a healthy weight now- she is in for an unhappy surprise. It gets remarkably more difficult with age and childbearing. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I think the difference is that people actually like Jax and he's able to sell his manipulations and lies as people pleasing, whereas James is just an asshat.  

This is so true. Jax has that dangerous charisma. I wonder if that ever wears off? *tries to think of similar folks in real world*

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

James is self serving and had Katie spoken to him directly and told him she was offended and would be speaking to LVP if it happened again, he probably would stop to save his own skin. 

Seriously?!?!!! 

LVP has already warned him about drinking & working, and he also promised to stop THAT to save his own skin.

He cannot stop drinking or degrading others while doing so.

7 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

If Katie is happy with her current weight that is what is important but I doubt she would react like that if she was. If Katie thinks it is difficult to maintain a healthy weight now- she is in for an unhappy surprise. It gets remarkably more difficult with age and childbearin

Again with the weight, age and childbearing ...

Katie's insecurities arose from her near fatal accident, not her weight.

• Love 24
32 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

18 minutes ago, HouseofBeck said:

This is so true. Jax has that dangerous charisma. I wonder if that ever wears off? *tries to think of similar folks in real world*

I think I agree with the quiz Stassi gave Jax a few seasons ago on her podcast where she determined that he was a sociopath. But, weirdly, he’s this kinder, gentler sociopath (if there is such a thing). On both the show and WWHL, he’s expressed multiple times that he himself is confused by his behavior. He’d say things like “I don’t know why I don’t feel guilt or emotions like other people.” Maybe it’s a manipulation, but It’s like he’s truly confused how his brain works and why he does bad things. Whereas James just seems to embrace his manipulative, narcissistic behavior.

• Love 8

I wonder! He's learned that saying certain words at certain times will buy him forgiveness/redemption/second chances...is he still confused, or just taking the easy way out? Is Brittany enough of a reason for him to put in the work to become a real person?

Whereas James...I don't know. Clearly he's consistently been enabled, and has Jax as an example for the ongoing redemption arc. I echo an earlier poster who wished these people would go to real therapists, not Pump-paid ones. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, HouseofBeck said:

I wonder! He's learned that saying certain words at certain times will buy him forgiveness/redemption/second chances...is he still confused, or just taking the easy way out? Is Brittany enough of a reason for him to put in the work to become a real person?

Whereas James...I don't know. Clearly he's consistently been enabled, and has Jax as an example for the ongoing redemption arc. I echo an earlier poster who wished these people would go to real therapists, not Pump-paid ones. 

But what about Ariana’s therapist? She was so good that she cured Ariana of her body dissatisfaction/vagina hatred in only three sessions or so. That was some damn impressive work! 😉

• Love 8

I think James really feels himself and believes his own press while deep down Jax is self loathing.  But in regards to learning what people want to hear and telling them it, Jax has said before that he learned that eventually fessing up and telling the truth gets him off the hook.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:

But what about Ariana’s therapist? She was so good that she cured Ariana of her body dissatisfaction/vagina hatred in only three sessions or so. That was some damn impressive work! 😉

Right up there with Jax's Jason's  Reiki lady on the therapy scale.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

I won’t deny that Kristen is Kray; but I do politely disagree that she’s engaging in this behavior out of jealousy. I personally think she’s doing this to stay relevant on the show; gotta keep those Bravo checks rolling in! 

Yeah, I don’t think Kristen’s jealous of Raquel. Because she’s pretty? Kristen actually looks pretty good. It’s odd when I watch old seasons and think she looks better now. 

And yeah she’s playing a part, last season she was hardly around, she wasn’t scheming much and she was hardly on the show. I think her big episode was the group trip where everyone thought she and james hooked up. And I don’t think she likes that storyline as much as she likes screwing with peoples relationships.

2 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Katie has struggled with insecurity about her weight for a while, as do many young women. I dislike what James said, but also disappointed that Katie turned it into a “politically correct” hot topic. James is really good at rooting out other people’s insecurities and using it against them. 

If Katie is happy with her current weight that is what is important but I doubt she would react like that if she was. If Katie thinks it is difficult to maintain a healthy weight now- she is in for an unhappy surprise. It gets remarkably more difficult with age and childbearing. 

Yeah.. no. James has said things about Katie’s weight before. He asked if she was pregnant and all his talking heads. Also not only katie, he has made comments about brittany a few times as well. James sucks. And it’s not Katie’s fault that he his first instinct is to fat shame or another thing we haven’t mentioned how when he also gets at women, he decides right away to call them all sluts as well. Yup. He’s a winner. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

And "beer cheese" sounds really gross. 

It's awesome, actually, if you like sharp cheese. German taverns often offer it with gigantic warm pretzels.

Maybe the girls like wearing the dresses, not that that makes a difference. I am also not sure how the style of dress correlates to a coworker being allowed to hurl insults at the wearer of said dress. 

It's still not James's place to worry, much less scream, about it regardless of Katie's feelings about her current weight...her projected maybe-someday-if-she-has-kids weight...difficulty in keeping things "in check"...her age...

NONE of those mean she is at fault or being oversensitive to a coworker's abuse. The person doing it to her is the problem, not the fact that she doesn't like it being done. Is she going to wake up one day with extra pounds and say, "You know, people should be able to call out my weight if they want; it's my fault for [allegedly] having maintenance difficulties!"

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 14

#TBT Katie's historical rage texts:  “You’re a piece of shit.”  “Thank God I’m not pregnant.  I can’t believe I almost married you. Can’t even believe I considered you as a fiance.  I want all of your shit out of the apartment, I don’t give a fuck about this ring.”  "You might as well pawn it and start a new life.”  "‘I’m taking the dog and you’ll never see him again!‘

Katie also never had any qualms about slut-shaming in her THs, like when Scheana gave Peter a PG fully-dressed no-contact lapdance on his birthday.  Which I almost want to say was suggested by LVP but might be wrong?

James age-shames, fat-shames, looks-shames and body-shames men as well as women.  Which I commend, because if you're going to be a total fucking toolbag, definitely spread it out.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Also speaking of Schena being nonsensical this season so far, now that she’s dating Adam why hasn’t she said how long it takes him to put up a tv? Or if he can fix a boat or hitch a car to a boat or whatever the hell she was talking about last season.

Because he's just a lowly server like her. She's going to use him to boost her ego, until she can find another "real man" like Rob, then it's back to boasting, boasting, boasting. 

16 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Katie and Tom’s apartment is a pig sty.  

That apartment gives me severe anxiety. So. Much. Stuff. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Agreed. What is she jealous of? James? I am of the opinion that Kristen was never super into him. It was just a rebound, to make Tom care. (Which did not work.) They're both thin. Her job? Eh, Kristen gets to be on the show without dealing directly with the SUR drama, so I can't see her caring about that. I just don't see anything to be jealous of. 

• Love 16

James age-shames, fat-shames, looks-shames and body-shames men as well as women.  Which I commend, because if you're going to be a total fucking toolbag, definitely spread it out.

I did really love when he gleefully called just about everyone an asshole at that reunion.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Yeah, I don’t think Kristen’s jealous of Raquel. Because she’s pretty? Kristen actually looks pretty good. It’s odd when I watch old seasons and think she looks better now. 

And yeah she’s playing a part, last season she was hardly around, she wasn’t scheming much and she was hardly on the show. I think her big episode was the group trip where everyone thought she and james hooked up. And I don’t think she likes that storyline as much as she likes screwing with peoples relationships.

I just envision Kristen and Carter sitting around talking about how much happier they are without having to do all the scheming necessary to remain relevant on the show and ending up agreeing upon how they did really liked that expensive couch they saw on the showroom floor, soooooo.............

Edited by bosawks
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

It's awesome, actually, if you like sharp cheese. German taverns often offer it with gigantic warm pretzels.

So....beer cheese is nothing new. Well that sounds smart to start making a product that's already been around. It would be like me trying to sell high heels to women as a new, hot product. 

I'm afraid for this planet and its future. Very frightening!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Agreed. What is she jealous of? James? I am of the opinion that Kristen was never super into him. It was just a rebound, to make Tom care. (Which did not work.) 

The entirety of their relationship revolved around Tom.  She spent the entire time borderline stalking FI, flying in IG randos to confront him, and shit talking him with James.  

1 minute ago, chenoa333 said:

So....beer cheese is nothing new. Well that sounds smart to start making a product that's already been around. It would be like me trying to sell high heels to women as a new, hot product. 

It's not new but it's also not readily available all over the place.  I don't think I could just walk into the grocery store and buy it.  

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

It's not new but it's also not readily available all over the place.  I don't think I could just walk into the grocery store and buy it.  

Is it something really that delicious that you would wish you could find a store nearby that sells it? I'll google it but it doesn't sound like a smart business venture! "Mamaws stinky beer cheese". Who knows...maybe that name could work!

• Love 1

I thought it was a stretch for  Katie to be so condescending /superior when Raquel insisted her boyfriend did dumb things just when he was drunk... hmmmmm... Schwartz?? Ring a bell?? But besides all that... the lipstick... ugggggg.... just the lipstick.

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Is it something really that delicious that you would wish you could find a store nearby that sells it? I'll google it but it doesn't sound like a smart business venture! "Mamaws stinky beer cheese". Who knows...maybe that name could work!

If it's the cheese dip that I eat in Germany as a comment above leads me to believe, then yes, I love that shit.  I also love cheese balls and it makes me happy that they are on sale at the grocery store this month.  I realize both would probably be easy to make, but I don't wanna.

15 minutes ago, LaLaLaLa said:
  • If LVP fires James (based on the preview, which could be misleading), it will set a precedent that anytime an employee whines, LVP will adjust her policies based on the whiny employee. I don't believe she'll fire him because she's had to be strong in business to reach this level of success. Taking advice from a whiny employee who gives her an ultimatum is not what made LVP successful.

If she fires him it won't just be because of a whiny employee.  James has been fired at least once a season for being a shit talking dickbag and/or being drunk at work.  That said, he also gets hired back at least once a season by crying or writing apology letters.  Strong business woman LVP doesn't seem to have a lot of resolve when it comes to firing assholes, see also: Jax Taylor.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

If it's the cheese dip that I eat in Germany as a comment above leads me to believe, then yes, I love that shit.  I also love cheese balls and it makes me happy that they are on sale at the grocery store this month.  I realize both would probably be easy to make, but I don't wanna.

If she fires him it won't just be because of a whiny employee.  James has been fired at least once a season for being a shit talking dickbag and/or being drunk at work.  That said, he also gets hired back at least once a season by crying or writing apology letters.  Strong business woman LVP doesn't seem to have a lot of resolve when it comes to firing assholes, see also: Jax Taylor.

And there is no way he wasn’t high/drunk on Pride when he was working.

Beer cheese for the win! Really any cheese product for the win.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Preach it girl! That was a sweet, spot-on description (in very few words) of Baby Kennedy, LVP and JaxxAss! And I like the term "dickbag"! 

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Preach it girl! That was a sweet, spot-on description (in very few words) of Baby Kennedy, LVP and JaxxAss! And I like the term "dickbag"! 

I still favor "dickswab", but then, I also watch Killing Eve.

DJ Muppet Baby is out of control - yet again.

His scrawny little ineffectual druggie arms couldn't hang a TeeVee, much less do so in 7 minutes.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

I'm assuming that at some point someone clued Lisa into what See You Next Tuesday is slang for.  If she cared, she would have moved his DJ gig to Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat or Sun.

52 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I have a hard time pretending any of this is a real workplace.  The only people LvP fires permanently are the ones that deliver enough in popularity/story that they can force production's hand about being on the show without working at the restaurant.  The rest are only temporarily fired so LvP can maintain the appearance of strong business woman because their behavior is so reprehensible that her image demands it.  When they grovel and repent sufficiently to allow Lisa to appear the magnanimous benefactor they are given a second chance.  No one is fired until they are released from the show.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

I wondered the same thing about their big plan. Is she going to try to fancy it up or some shit? 

7 hours ago, Drogo said:

Except for the fact that he pulls that shit disproportionately on women. 

I could say a lot more, and probably will. 

"Total fucking toolbag" indeedy.

• Love 12

I really honestly wish James was never on the show. Like I know Kristen got with clearly to anger Tom because Tom was like moving in with him and planning to make music with him, but damn it Kristen. That’s what made him a cast member. I know people find him funny, I never do. Even at the reunions. He’s not funny at all to me. He’s just an annoying child who I really want to hit.

Also his behavior makes him act so much younger. I know a lot of these cast members act immature but his behavior literally reminds me of a teenager. It’s not that fun.

I mostly ff his scenes, unless someone else is with him and that depends on who it is. If it’s him and Raquel, pass. And I have to pass when it’s him and FI and Arinia because for some reason they are always sucking up to him or talking to him like he isn’t an ass. And that’s.. confusing. Like he didn’t bring up their friend infidelity and make their other friend, his girlfriend  cry in front of a bunch of people. Like great friends Jax and brittany have. I mean mostly brittany because Jax has sucked to these people a lot but Brittany seems like a nice person and James has been rude to her. Not just what he did but in a few talking heads in last seasons he sure as hell likes to mention her weight.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 5
On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:04 AM, yourmomiseasy said:

Yes, reformed yacht-prostitute/feminist icon Lala has made a lot of comments like that.

"Reformed yacht-prostitute" is going to be inscribed on my tombstone- with full credit to you. Gold. Absolute, pure gold.

• Love 11
On 12/17/2018 at 7:23 PM, hatchetgirl said:

Poor dumb Raquel. When she had her hair braided and was taking to james, did you notice the outline of her makeup?  It was so very unfortunate. 

Yes to this. Raquel was a most unfortunate shade of orange up near her hairline. I thought she worked as a model. Has no one ever taught her the importance of blending? That stripe of white was so wrong.

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, Iris987 said:

"Reformed yacht-prostitute" is going to be inscribed on my tombstone- with full credit to you. Gold. Absolute, pure gold.

She was only a semi-reformed yacht-prostitute last season, but since she's marrying the wallet I upgraded her.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

She was only a semi-reformed yacht-prostitute last season, but since she's marrying the wallet I upgraded her.

Do we predict her marriage will last longer than 3 years?

6 hours ago, Rosebud1970 said:

Yes to this. Raquel was a most unfortunate shade of orange up near her hairline. I thought she worked as a model. Has no one ever taught her the importance of blending? That stripe of white was so wrong.

James says she’s a supermodel. Yeah... no.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

If it's the cheese dip that I eat in Germany as a comment above leads me to believe, then yes, I love that shit. 

Dammit - I was raised in a Kraut kitchen and never even heard of beer cheese.  But I know how to make herring butter, which could sell just as well ...

13 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

I'm assuming that at some point someone clued Lisa into what See You Next Tuesday is slang for.  If she cared, she would have moved his DJ gig to Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat or Sun.

I have a hard time pretending any of this is a real workplace.  The only people LvP fires permanently are the ones that deliver enough in popularity/story that they can force production's hand about being on the show without working at the restaurant.  The rest are only temporarily fired so LvP can maintain the appearance of strong business woman because their behavior is so reprehensible that her image demands it.  When they grovel and repent sufficiently to allow Lisa to appear the magnanimous benefactor they are given a second chance.  No one is fired until they are released from the show.

Anyone seen Cedric lately?  ;-)

• Love 5

Isn't beer cheese somewhat the equivalent to pub cheese? I know Trader Joe's sells pub cheese. I have seen pub cheese and beer cheese at grocery stores in the Chicago area. I have seen both in my West Michigan hometown Meijer store, since I have been here for the holidays. I do not think it is that obscure.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Do we predict her marriage will last longer than 3 years?

Depends on the prenup terms.  😉

17 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

Isn't beer cheese somewhat the equivalent to pub cheese? I know Trader Joe's sells pub cheese. I have seen pub cheese and beer cheese at grocery stores in the Chicago area. I have seen both in my West Michigan hometown Meijer store, since I have been here for the holidays. I do not think it is that obscure.

That’s what I was thinking.  Looked like that is what they were being served in Britt’s flashback.  I’m born and raised in Wisconsin, we call it pub cheese if it’s served cold (actually we call it by whatever brand you are partial to, Merkt’s, Kaukauna....).  Then of course there is beer cheese soup.  

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Depends on the prenup terms.  😉

That’s what I was thinking.  Looked like that is what they were being served in Britt’s flashback.  I’m born and raised in Wisconsin, we call it pub cheese if it’s served cold (actually we call it by whatever brand you are partial to, Merkt’s, Kaukauna....).  Then of course there is beer cheese soup.  

I know not of what you speak. 

Left Coaster here, by way of Hawaii.  So Monty Python meets Spam "Sushi", and miso soup is a cure for hangovers, eh.  Katie needs to find this out, if she's going to stay married to Schwartzie.

(you can try to make me take the Oath, but I will NEVER SURRENDER the "eh", eh).  ;-)

• Love 2