Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: Either Him or Me

• Start Topic

James spirals out of control after being ambushed by Kristen at Pride, while his girlfriend, Raquel, struggles to accept new rumors about his alleged infidelity; Jax and Brittany decide to start a beer cheese company.

Airs December 16, 2018.

Raquel has to be the dumbest person ever.... what does she see in that sweaty greasy tooth pick with ears ... James is fugugly and she’s to pretty to be slumming it with that d bag but just goes to show how people with no self confidence can be preyed upon 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I'm not sure how I feel about Racquel,though. It is annoying, how naive she is. But I think many of us have been there, being so invested that you don't want to see the truth. Surely many of the girls at the dinner have been there as well.

I guess I just think it was dumb of Brittany to invite her. If you want to check up on her and support her, do something just the two of you. But it's probably not a good idea to bring the girl around a group of people who hate her boyfriend. And no one tried to steer the conversation to other topics. I can't blame Katie for being uncomfortable. But I felt badly for Racquel as well.

This is basically how I feel about Racquel as well. In a way I want her to wake up and realize James is a dick, but can also understand why she does not want to believe it all. I probably would not believe Kristin's shit stirring either.

I was so bored during this episode. I may be over this show. I do not find any of the cast all that likable or interesting to watch anymore. Hell, Teddi from RHOBH showing up was the most interesting thing that happened in this episode for me.

I did not think Katie's ultimatum warranted a to be continued episode. If James does get fired, I am sure he will get his job back next season. Same shit different season.

• Love 14

I had never heard of beer cheese, so I looked it up.  It is not something I am interested in, but if I was I would make it myself before buying it in a package.  It's just a simple roux, beer, cheese and spices to taste.  If you make your own, it looks easy and you can use the types of cheese and seasonings that you prefer.  I just don't see many people being hungry for a sad looking prepackaged cheese dip that you microwave. Not even touching those two running a food business.

What the hell was Ariana wearing?  Thong, red lace, bell sleeves, long dress.  There was so much ugly happening at one time.  At least that terrible outfit was more interesting than her upcoming "I had a lesbian relationship in my past" story.  Thanks to FF at least I will get to bed earlier once she starts this new yawn-fest.

Loved Tom scolding Schwartz to be careful with his expensive shaker, and then promptly dropping it.

Kristen looked gorgeous tonight.

I don't really care about Raquel because she either has an arrangement with James, or being on this show is so important to her that she will put up with his behavior.

• Love 14
51 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Sadly, yes.  All people can do is complain.

Because throat punching is frowned upon and leads to jail.

Yeah I can’t fault katie for wanting to walk away. James sucks and working isn’t going to be great for her when she may have to deal with horrible comments.

But yeah if she walks away, who even really works at SUR anymore? Tom is heading over to Tom Tom with other Tom, we only six cast members who work there and even if that’s stretching. Lala is a hostess, Brittany, Schena, Arinia and Jax. And James is a DJ but he also djs at Lisa’s other various restaurants so.. not a permanent member of Sur. 

Speaking of Tom Tom I’m surprised that the story wasn’t Jax becoming a bar tender and working for the two tons.

That said, James has done more than enough at work to be fired before this. I’m not sure why Lisa has let him stay so many times. Yes there was the brief time she fired him from being the DJ but he was still a bus boy. So.. I mean she’s let him off.

Also I’m glad Arinia is friends with all the girls. And I agree with Stassi. They have tired to be friends with her and she is a flip flopper because she never wants to be on the other side of a disagreement and acknowledge that she said hurtful things and have to own up to it. The case in point when all the girls disliked Lala, it always seemed from my understanding that Schena gossiped about her to Stassi Katie And Kristen. And then she was all about being friends with her. I get why they were angry and confused. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 6

I'm only a couple minutes in, but how does Raquel not have any friends in LA?  Didn't she grow up in LA?  I might be misremembering, but I thought James went to have dinner at her family home and it was either in the valley or Calabasas or somewhere like that.  I mean granted, anything over the hill is fucking far, but it's still LA.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Joan van Snark said:

Katie really are you that fragile that you will quit a job you've been 'working' at for years because someone made a stupid comment?   Just another example of how people are becoming sooo overly sensitive.

Stassi's podcast from Friday has a rant abut how James is a garbage person and is just always a dick and constantly saying shit like that.  It isn't just for filming and is nonstop.  They also talk shit on Billie Lee just looking for reasons to be offended.

Also, why is Scheena even on this show?  

• Love 15

It is lather, rinse, repeat with James. He messes up, Lisa confronts hom, he cries. She told him not to drink at “work”, he does. So just fire him. He’s not even a good villain to hate. There is enough going on this season-no need for James. 

And pass me with Raquel. She obviously just wants to be famous. Although she is young & I feel the majority of my friends (& me) in our youth all dated those guys who we had to defend to everyone as “you don’t see how he treats me when we are alone!”.  (Luckily  we never moved in with them) I’m torn-she is young & he is garbage. But she’s also boring & I don’t need her talking heads. 

And she should realize if people are constantly coming in & saying they slept with James there might be some truth there. Yes-there are LA famewhores but scores of women are not coming in to claim they slept with Tom (Kristin flying in Miami girl excluded!). If it walks like a duck & talks like a duck, James is cheating with the duck. 

• Love 14

Yeah, the only reason I can think of for raquel staying with James is she wants to be on the show. Which fine... but she shouldn’t be surprised when people call her out on this.

Also I love that Schena made Arinia and Stassi becoming friends all about her. Because its always about Schena. Just like how shes into adam even though a year ago she wanted him and Brittany together. 

• Love 13
4 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I'm only a couple minutes in, but how does Raquel not have any friends in LA?  Didn't she grow up in LA?  I might be misremembering, but I thought James went to have dinner at her family home and it was either in the valley or Calabasas or somewhere like that.  I mean granted, anything over the hill is fucking far, but it's still LA.

I am pretty sure it’s code for I have no friends who are on Vanderpump and I want to be on tv.

I seriously wonder if Raquel is trying to become the new Brittany, naive girl who saves the bad boy asshole and makes him change. Not happening for a variety of reasons but not least because not that  many people give a shit about James much less her so it most likely not going to happen.

I am blinded because I rolled my so much when Jax and Brittany were trying to pretend Raquel and James were different than them. 

Jax the reason that you don’t see Tony as a dad is because you look you are the same age.

Peter get a haircut! 

Tom KATIE IS NOT YOUR GIRLFRIEND SHe IS YOUR WIFE!!!

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 19

Did anyone else catch Schwartz calling Katie his “girlfriend”?! When the Toms and FI’s Dad we’re at SUR, talking about James, Schwartz said:

”Apparently he insinuated that my girlfriend is fat...” 

At the time of filming, they had been married almost two years. That said, his brain was probably still drowning in “half shots.”

Line of the night for me was: “Those half shots add up! It’s pointless to do half shots if you drink double the amount.” I’m considering this statement, and confronting James for mistreating his “girlfriend,” growth for Schwartzie! 

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 21

I forgot that my boyfriend, who is actually my boyfriend and not my husband Schwartzie, never watches VP so he kept trying to make sense of all Jax’s malaprops and it resulted in me having to pet his head and telling him to stop trying to make Jax make sense. 

Ariana’s dress was ridiculous!!!! Stassi looked gorgeous.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 10

Aww. Schwartzie may be a dumb drunk but he was so sweet when he went to James and said 'Katie is not fat.  She is luscious and beautiful'. And it's true- she is pretty at any weight.  Well, except for the season that she had orange hair.

Did Ariana get cheap fillers?

Hi Teddy!

• Love 16

It's all about James' fuckery. Yawn. Really, who sat down at the big table and decided this is the way they were going to go this season?

Katie should have given Lisa notice and then told her why. Let Lisa decide how she is going to handle James. You don't give your boss an ultimatum. Then again, this is VPR and Katie really doesn't work there anyway. 

What happened to Katie wanting Schwartz to stop drinking so much? He seems worse than ever. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I forgot that my boyfriend, who is actually my boyfriend and not my husband Schwartzie, never watches VP so he kept trying to make sense of all Jax’s malaprops and it resulted in me having to pet his head and telling him to stop trying to make Jax make sense. 

Ariana’s dress was ridiculous!!!! Stassi looked gorgeous.

Right? Jax said something like there was a microscope under him?

• Love 6
10 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

This wasn’t one time, though. And it seems like James has been doing it before and possibly off camera as well. And his apologies are bs. He means none of them. Case in point his talking heads. He regrets none of his words.

Yea, he asked if she was pregnant that one time. Said the girls hadn't been working on their "summer bodies" or something to that effect. He made a crack about her size in his THs last night! He obviously only apologizes when confronted, but has no desire to actually change himself. Katie doesn't really NEED her waitress job. I wouldn't want to work for someone who constantly put down my looks. 

1 hour ago, Kiki777 said:

Did Ariana get cheap fillers?

She got something done and she looks AWFUL. 

• Love 6

I think James has a huge issue with women! And I can’t stand it when people fat shame anyone! It’s awful! But also Katie has thrown around whore like nothing in the past too! So it’s kind of karma for Katie! Again James in the worst but she’s no peach either! 

• Love 8

I think the girls looked glam for their night out. I agree with the posters up thread that didn't care for Ariana’s see thru behind red dress. To me it made her butt look too big and she is not a big girl. Raquel needs a dressy-ish coat as the jean jacket took away from her flapper look dress. Katie’s make up was flawless. I wish they had been able to find something else to bond over. All that snark about James, although true, isn’t going to help Raquel feel like part of the group. She can’t be held responsible for what crap he says and does. If she opens her eyes and sees that he’s a no good fellow then she needs to drop him, but it needs to be her decision so she feels good about herself after doing it (and not flip flop back). 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 4

Ariana is annoying, but I've weirdly grown used to her. She's kind of like a close relative who I wouldn't hang out with if I didn't have to, but I do have to and now I almost enjoy it. It's weird! That said, why did she mess with her face? I really hate it.

Obviously James should not be allowed to continue working at a place where he regularly verbally abuses his coworkers. Just basic shit here. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Mindthinkr said:

I think the girl looked glam for their night out. I agree with the posters up thread that didn't care for Ariana’s see thru behind red dress. To me it made her butt look too big and she is not a big girl. Raquel needs a dressy-ish coat as the jean jacket took away from her flapper look dress. Katie’s make up was flawless. I wish they had been able to find something else to bond over. All that snark about James, although true, isn’t going to help Raquel feel like part of the group. She can’t be held responsible for what crap he says and does. If she opens her eyes and sees that he’s a no good fellow than she needs to drop him, but it needs to be her decision so she feels good about herself after doing it (and not flip flop back). 

Ariana's sheer red dress reminded me of Vicki Gunvalson's crazy-ass black crocheted number.  (for the record, Ariana wore it better...)

If Raquel stays w/James, she is ON the show.  If they break up, she's probably OFF the show.  that's probably as far as her logic goes with regard to staying w/him or not.

No Lala this week...I don't know that I exactly *missed* her, per se, but I noticed she was missing

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I think the girl looked glam for their night out. I agree with the posters up thread that didn't care for Ariana’s see thru behind red dress. To me it made her butt look too big and she is not a big girl. Raquel needs a dressy-ish coat as the jean jacket took away from her flapper look dress. Katie’s make up was flawless. I wish they had been able to find something else to bond over. All that snark about James, although true, isn’t going to help Raquel feel like part of the group. She can’t be held responsible for what crap he says and does. If she opens her eyes and sees that he’s a no good fellow than she needs to drop him, but it needs to be her decision so she feels good about herself after doing it (and not flip flop back). 

Constantly bagging and badmouthing a girlfriend's boyfriend is the surest way to drive her back into his creepy embrace.  One must tread carefully and subtly among the minefields of friendship (unless you're a brutal bitch like me, who speaks my mind, and then just drops it until my girlfriend brings it up again - and she assuredly will!).  But then, I lack the blind ambition and wherewithal of a Kristen Doute, unlicensed P.I. and scorched earth retaliator.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Katie should have given Lisa notice and then told her why. Let Lisa decide how she is going to handle James. You don't give your boss an ultimatum. Then again, this is VPR and Katie really doesn't work there anyway. 

This. I was not feeling her ultimatum to her boss. I feel like most of the cast has thrown out horrible insults at each other at one time or another, depending on who they a feuding with each season or who is on the outs with a chunk of the cast. I just do not care anymore.

I will be at my table for one for not really minding Scheana. She is incredibly self-absorbed, but overall I think she is harmless.

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

I will be at my table for one for not really minding Scheana. She is incredibly self-absorbed, but overall I think she is harmless.

Table for two.  The SUR gang have tried different excuses to ice out Scheana for years, I'm glad it hasn't worked the way they wanted.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, lilmissjac said:

I think James has a huge issue with women! And I can’t stand it when people fat shame anyone! It’s awful! But also Katie has thrown around whore like nothing in the past too! So it’s kind of karma for Katie! Again James in the worst but she’s no peach either! 

Thank you! I know that James is a first-class jackass, but those girls started this whole thing. He was minding his own business, getting his drunk and DJ on when Kristen, who doesn't even fucking work at SUR anymore. brought that girl to James' workplace to start something and then all of the other girls piled on. How did they expect him to react when they know he's a jerk?

• Love 5

I really hope Raquel has cut a deal with James pretending to be his girlfriend just to get on the show - otherwise she needs an infusion of brain-friendly nutrients asap!

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 13
32 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

This. I was not feeling her ultimatum to her boss. I feel like most of the cast has thrown out horrible insults at each other at one time or another, depending on who they a feuding with each season or who is on the outs with a chunk of the cast. I just do not care anymore.

Show shit & Bravo contracts aside, LVP doesn't a leg to stand on.  Hostile work environment is a big thing around these parts. James is making the fatal error of bringing it into the workplace, causing a true dilemma - does LVP do the right thing, or give the disgusting dickswab just one more chance?

If he pulled HALF that shit on animals he'd be dead & buried under the swan pond at Villa Rosa.

But these chucklefucks don't deserve the protection that animals do.

Stay tuned for another insincere James ugly cry.

• Love 22
12 hours ago, Joan van Snark said:

Katie really are you that fragile that you will quit a job you've been 'working' at for years because someone made a stupid comment?   Just another example of how people are becoming sooo overly sensitive.

Or just a storyline for both Katie and Lisa.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I seriously wonder if Raquel is trying to become the new Brittany, naive girl who saves the bad boy asshole and makes him change.

That's exactly what I was thinking.  We have the rehabilitated Jax, let's find a new whoring asshole with likeable girlfriend that sticks with him.  Unfortunately, James is a thoroughly nasty piece of work and he can take a long walk off the Santa Monica Pier anytime now.  

• Love 5

Schwartz' drinking is really bad.  It is not cute or funny.

I guess he doesn't have any kind of job or schedule, so that makes it easier for him to drink.

I guess I am stupid.  I really didn't think that Tom and Schwartz would blow off a chance at something useful and meaningful for their future without VPR.  But it seems like they will just be making appearances at TomTom for money like they (Tom S, anyway) do at SUR.  They are not learning anything about the restaurant industry.

• Love 4

James is a dick, but all the guys on this show have taken their turns being morons. Raquel stays with James for the same reason Brittany stays with Jax. Katie is attractive but needs a thicker skin- she isn’t fat, but isn’t petite either, and she is still fairly young. Wait until she has a kid or two, or hits her forties. I don’t agree with fat shaming, but I do think it’s important to keep our weight in check. 

Sandoval’s Dad looks like a cross between Al Pacino and Tom Sandoval!!

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

Without talking about Rooooob hanging TVs she brings nothing to the table so far this season.  I realize it's only 3 episodes in, but she needs to step up her game and earn her spot in the credits.  Kristin brings pretty good drama every season and hasn't been in the credits in forever. 

3 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Stassi compared James to a Muppet!

Calling him a muppet started on the show.  I think it was FI Tom that called him a baby muppet, possibly right around the time of the beemer selfie fight.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 8
39 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Calling him a muppet started on the show.  I think it was FI Tom that called him a baby muppet, possibly right around the time of the beemer selfie fight.

Oh, thank you! I thought I had watched every episode, but I think I forgot or missed that.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

What? She needs to adjust her perception/behavior/attitude because

• someone else is making comments about something that is none of his business? 
  • people besides that someone have also been stupid?
  • she might possibly weigh more in the future (even though hitting one's 40s is not an automatic weight increaser)?

So she is, in essence, wrong to be upset about being derogatorily judged on her body by someone who is not a doctor--and should learn to gladly accept it because she's not a waifish girl? And maybe her weight is "in check" right now.; one doesn't have to be "petite" to not be overweight (and in clothing terms, petite is a measure of height, not weight). 

Yeah.. I don’t get how this is now on Katie. That’s victim blaming. And that’s the thing. I know some people say we should brush off words and things and I think katie has many times over. At some point, this job may not be worth it to have to engage with an awful human being all the time.

Also the excuse Raquel uses that James is only rude to her “when he drinks” is a bad excuse. For a lot of reasons. No one that says they care about and love you should talk down to you or be rude to you, I don’t care if they are drinking or not.  And if it’s only when James drinks, then James has a drinking problem because he’s like this all the time. So either it’s that issue which is an issue within itself or it’s a facet of his personality and that’s not great. Also if he has a problem drinking, Raquel must spend a lot of time doing what lisa asked her to do last night, stopping James from drinking more and she’s going to have to spend her whole life doing so if she plans on tying herself to him for life.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

What? She needs to adjust her perception/behavior/attitude because

• someone else is making comments about something that is none of his business? 
  • people besides that someone have also been stupid?
  • she might possibly weigh more in the future (even though hitting one's 40s is not an automatic weight increaser)?

So she is, in essence, wrong to be upset about being derogatorily judged on her body by someone who is not a doctor--and should learn to gladly accept it because she's not a waifish girl? And maybe her weight is "in check" right now.; one doesn't have to be "petite" to not be overweight (and in clothing terms, petite is a measure of height, not weight). 

Agreed. And, in reality, I didn't think Katie was all that hurt by it. Not in the sense that it caused her doubt or dislike herself. I actually see her as a lot more confident now. She knows what's acceptable and what she won't put up with. She didn't freak out, start bawling and screaming and throwing drinks. She rolled her eyes in the moment and then calmly told Lisa that this is not respectful workplace behavior. 

• Love 14