Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Check Yourself!

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

22 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

I am deeply curious what the guests thought when they saw the footage of Kate and Josiah going through their cabin and laughing at their clothes and sex game(?)

I agree that it was unprofessional, but I also know that if I were in the habit of bringing along a sex game on a vacation, I wouldn't leave it sitting out on the vanity. I mean, even if the crew didn't comment on it, they are going to see it (and so might the cameras). So I think they probably left it out on purpose, so it *would* be seen.

• Love 11

I really doubt that they were aware that the crew was going to rummage in their closet and mock their clothing. Who would agree to that?

Yeah, I presume they have to sign releases, and aware of the cameras, but aren't given much idea as to what is being filmed.  After all, these people apparently paid hundreds of thousands for the cruise.  I doubt they did it knowing they would be mocked. 

56 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

After all, these people apparently paid hundreds of thousands for the cruise.  I doubt they did it knowing they would be mocked. 

They get a discount and even if they didn’t these short cruises on these yachts wouldn’t be hundreds of thousands. There are also multiple seasons they could have watched and seen several sets of guests being mocked and their rooms being filmed when they weren’t in there. Going in and pointing out her all black wardrobe is one of the tamest.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 9
On 12/20/2018 at 5:53 PM, lcarolynl said:

I think Kate and Captain Lee are a package deal and they are too successful to discard.

To me they are the show and it wouldn’t be the same without them at all. I often forget there was a female Adrienne that was chief stew the first season. Hannah is the worst. I’ve never liked any of the captains on Med either, it’s all about Lee and Kate for me.

On 12/21/2018 at 1:05 AM, Honey said:

I had to go look at the "Maltese Falcon", and oh boy! That beast is 288 feet long!  Which is ,100 feet longer than the Seanna.  The charter rate is 440,0000EUR, or about $504,000USD.

Half a mil? Oh, that’s all? *faints dead away* 

On 12/21/2018 at 3:45 AM, HunterHunted said:

The hospitality check women were trying to visit the al Lusail, which is owned by the Emir of Qatar. It is a motor yacht.

And he’s a real sweetheart too...I looked at wiki and one of his wives was listed as being married to him from 2014-2017 and after a lot of research and badly translated articles it seems he either shot or otherwise put her in intensive care and divorced her after her sister posted a selfie HE took of himself shirtless. I was surprised that there was divorce in Qatar but of course it’s only easy for men - they just have to say “I divorce you” three times. A woman on the other hand must have a good reason (like severe abuse) before she can even get the right to go to court and let the court decide if she can be granted a divorce. I wonder if those tacky chicks from that charter still have any idea who they were trying to visit? 

On 12/22/2018 at 5:06 AM, HunterHunted said:

Sierra is so dumb that it's like showing your dog a different page of a calculus book each day and hoping that in 4 or 5 years he can do calculus. He can't.  He simply doesn't have the brains for that type of work. That's Sierra.  

I get what you’re saying and agree that Sierra is dumb and incapable but dogs doing calculus is actually a thing! https://www.dogster.com/the-scoop/so-apparently-some-dogs-excel-at-calculus Can Sierra do that? Haha.

On 12/23/2018 at 10:46 PM, howiveaddict said:

It is My Seanna.  https://www.yachtcharterfleet.com/luxury-charter-yacht-22532/my-seanna.htm    Maybe we  can pull our resources and group rent the yacht.  I get to be primary since it's my idea.

Can I be the asshole who arbitrarily decides what is poor people food/dishes/cutlery and announces our displeasure? You gave us spoons to eat with? Excuse me? Peasants use spoons! People chartering for the show get a huge discount as well.

On 12/25/2018 at 9:53 PM, smores said:

It's truly puzzling that there are adults who haven't yet figured out that no one likes the person who shows up in a new town or a new job and is all "where I'm from, this is how we" with the implication that wherever you currently are is all wrong. 

Right? I learned in 4th grade. There was a new kid in my class from a different state and all he did was talk about how much better it was in that state. Finally people (including me) were like, ok, go back there then if it was so great!

On 12/26/2018 at 1:55 PM, txhorns79 said:

Yeah, I presume they have to sign releases, and aware of the cameras, but aren't given much idea as to what is being filmed.  After all, these people apparently paid hundreds of thousands for the cruise.  I doubt they did it knowing they would be mocked. 

Each guest on the charter pays $5,000 to charter for the show, definitely not hundreds of thousands. I’ve heard that same $5,000 number from two different podcasts, both of which had people who had been in contact to do the show. One ended up not doing it with her group and the other had friends on the show but didn’t end up going themselves. I don’t remember which was her scenario but one was Heather McDonald’s podcast Juicy Scoop.

1 hour ago, scrb said:

No new episode this Tuesday because it's 1/1?

So it will have been 3 weeks between eps?

Ugh. I need to hear Kate’s response! They should air an episode on a different night like Vanderpump Rules did!

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Rebecca said:

I get what you’re saying and agree that Sierra is dumb and incapable but dogs doing calculus is actually a thing! https://www.dogster.com/the-scoop/so-apparently-some-dogs-excel-at-calculus Can Sierra do that? Haha.

My sincerest apologies to dogs because they are clearly smarter than Sierra.

I shouldn't be surprised. A couple of years ago, my brother told me that he had "taught dummy (his dog) to get the paper every morning."* My 14 year-old nephew who was clearly not listening closely decided to respond with "I don't get the paper." However, this is a dog who taught himself how to open and close the backdoor. They taught him to wipe his paws when he came in. They had to later teach him to ask permission before he went outside because he was going in and out of the house at night and setting off their alarm.

I fully believe that there are many dogs who are smarter than Sierra.

*He doesn't normally call his dog dummy. 

• Love 11
15 hours ago, Rebecca said:

And he’s a real sweetheart too...I looked at wiki and one of his wives was listed as being married to him from 2014-2017 and after a lot of research and badly translated articles it seems he either shot or otherwise put her in intensive care and divorced her after her sister posted a selfie HE took of himself shirtless. I was surprised that there was divorce in Qatar but of course it’s only easy for men - they just have to say “I divorce you” three times. A woman on the other hand must have a good reason (like severe abuse) before she can even get the right to go to court and let the court decide if she can be granted a divorce. I wonder if those tacky chicks from that charter still have any idea who they were trying to visit? 

So, yes, the triple talaq is still legal in Qatar but who knows for how long. Several countries have banned the practice including India and the UAE. The important thing to remember is that the country follows Sharia law which lays a lot of this out. This also applies only to Muslim marriages. 

As as far as the Emir’s divorce from Noora, things are a bit sketchy with that. She had another child by him in 2018 so they are still married. I hadn’t heard anything about the situation which wouldn’t be extremely surprising considering the control over the media. However, I still have several friends in Qatar (I used to live there) and that gossip would have normally made its way around. 

• Love 4

Why would you unpack everything if you are only on the boat for 2 nights at most? I would probably pull out my swimming suit and cover up, at least 2 different day outfits and 2 night outfits and undies & shoes.  Why would you hang up EVERYTHING? 

Sigh. 

But, when i stayed a week in a swank hotel for work, when i came back fi the room one night, my pj's had been neatly folded, dirty undies and socks placed carefully in a spot in the closet and my work clothes from the day before hung up.  I was surprised and not sure how i felt but then figured oh well, thank you? Lol. So i think it was expected to have crew actually see your stuff. 

• Love 5

What about Caroline playing around with the used condom? I know you hate Kate, but poking fun at the guests is absolutely part of the job on this show--it's  not just her. And if the guests didnt do their research in advance enough to know that, tough cookies. 

• Love 3

Two wrongs don’t make a right. I will be happy to stipulate that Caroline is troubled with mental issues which were exacerbated by being bullied. So if you want to equate Kate’s  gold plated bitchiness with that I can’t argue with you. Your mileage might vary.

Edited by langford peel
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, snarts said:

Caroline wasn't bullied. She couldn't do her job, then she quit and refused to leave. 

I really don't see the bullying either, I mean yes they talked behind her back I don't consider that bullying and half the time she took whatever they said the wrong way anyway. The radio could be considered bullying I suppose if not for the fact she had locked the door and refused to leave and could have opened it and turned it the radio off at any time. Other than that Kate was more patient than normal and more I feel I would have been able to be, up until she quit. 

Caroline has said they said mean things to her in the end but without anything to prove it I find it hard to believe anythings she says considering all the stuff she had lied about on camera that we could see with our own eyes.

• Love 18

Caroline obviously has some issues. Unlike most here I am not a mental health professional so I can’t be certain what is going on. Her current behavior on Twitter points to ongoing issues beyond the scope of my expertise that’s for sure.

I did notice that most of the crew turned against her. The only one who showed any compassion was Ross who tried to listen to her and was the one who shut off the blasting music. School was a long time ago for me but I vividly remembered the mean girls picking out the “weird” girl to pick on and ostracize. This smells a lot like that. I don’t know the technical definition of bullying but I know what I saw on that s show was fucked up.

Caroline has stated that Kate and her monkey called her a herpes ridden slut and mocked her Moms mental issues. I don’t know if that is true. Since she is not going to the reunion we will never know for sure.  I think the fact that she is being omitted from the reunion and that they are advertising for a new chief stew for next season tells us something.

I guess we can’t agree on what.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, langford peel said:

Ross who tried to listen to her and was the one who shut off the blasting music. S

When he found out the reason for the music, that she decided not to work her notice and was not leaving he left the room as quickly as possible.

• Love 4

I think it is Caroline’s instability that is keeping her from the reunion. That and the fact she can’t seem to tell the truth. As bad as Rocky was she did not seem to have a mental illness. Rocky was sane and seeing her act out was entertaining, same when if it comes to Laura but, It is not entertaining to watch someone with a real problem lose their mind on TV.

• Love 9

I've tried to give Kate a fair shot and a neutral opinion, because I know she's a fan favorite.  But wow, she is just a nasty piece of work.  And how can a woman who looks like that so openly mock other women, their appearance, and their wardrobe?  That matted weave that never seems to be brushed unless she's filming a talking head, and whatever cosmetic procedures she's had done to her face.  I say this in full sincerity, when I first started watching I thought Kate looked like a very well-preserved fifty year old.  I'm shocked at her supposed age of 35.

Discovering she's an "actor" explained a lot to me.  She's a deeply unpleasant person, and having a bitchy side kick is not improving things.

• Love 5
On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:09 PM, langford peel said:

See that’s the thing. Even when the third stew is great and loved by the captain,crew and guests Kate still attacks and treats them like crap. Kate says she is all about the job but she is really about teams and mean girl bullshit. The producers must have said something since this season she is trying to pretend otherwise but her shittyness leaks out of her. Mocking the guests and trashing her subordinates are what she does. Please give us a new chief stew. I know they want some continuity but it is just not worth it. They dumped Ben and now it is time to dump her nasty ass. Keep Ross and Asthon. Shit make Josiah chief stew. 

Something has to give.

As long as he doesn't team up with his second to mean girl bitch like he did with Kate.

• Love 3

Why are we discussing Caroline in this thread? Did I miss her in the episode? She has her own thread. 

1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

Discovering she's an "actor" explained a lot to me.  She's a deeply unpleasant person, and having a bitchy side kick is not improving things

When did Kate say she was an actor? I read her book & it’s about her career on yachts (including all her time in the laundry) & how her goal was to be something like a stew advisor. I would say she is just a reality personality. Just in case anyone gets upset, I’m not mean girling anyone-I’m legit asking. 

• Love 16
3 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I've tried to give Kate a fair shot and a neutral opinion, because I know she's a fan favorite.  But wow, she is just a nasty piece of work.  And how can a woman who looks like that so openly mock other women, their appearance, and their wardrobe?  That matted weave that never seems to be brushed unless she's filming a talking head, and whatever cosmetic procedures she's had done to her face.  I say this in full sincerity, when I first started watching I thought Kate looked like a very well-preserved fifty year old.  I'm shocked at her supposed age of 35.

Discovering she's an "actor" explained a lot to me.  She's a deeply unpleasant person, and having a bitchy side kick is not improving things.

^Agree completely^  I can sometimes chuckle, and appreciate her dry humor, but yeah, she's a mean girl through and through.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, jmcd44 said:

Why are we discussing Caroline in this thread? Did I miss her in the episode? She has her own thread. 

When did Kate say she was an actor? I read her book & it’s about her career on yachts (including all her time in the laundry) & how her goal was to be something like a stew advisor. I would say she is just a reality personality. Just in case anyone gets upset, I’m not mean girling anyone-I’m legit asking. 

When I was googling for her age I swear I saw something that implied it.  My apologies if I'm wrong.  I guess she just is that nasty and isn't playing a role.

• Love 2
On 1/2/2019 at 6:12 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

^Agree completely^  I can sometimes chuckle, and appreciate her dry humor, but yeah, she's a mean girl through and through.

The show I've been watching since S01E01 has shown me that Kate never gets a 2nd & 3rd stew that are fully functioning. Not ever. There is always one or both who just aren't pulling their weight and while that's no wonder because BravHo is purposely hiring misfits to create 'teh drama', it still means that Kate has to pick up the slack of one or both her stews. In this season she has Josiah, who is amazing and knows his job, so she's just picking up the slack of one other stew but nonetheless, that one stew required constant direction and babysitting. Now the replacement needs babysitting as well so yeah, if that were me I'd look a bit tired and frazzled...but overall I think Kate is attractive and funny as hell. She's the only person on that crew that I'd be willing to have a drink with. Her snarkiness seems to only come out when it's well deserved, IMO, and I dont think I'd watch the show without her. Now her and Josiah can be a regular thing because he's fucking awesome too, in the same way.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 19
On 1/1/2019 at 7:33 PM, langford peel said:

I did notice that most of the crew turned against her. The only one who showed any compassion was Ross who tried to listen to her and was the one who shut off the blasting music. School was a long time ago for me but I vividly remembered the mean girls picking out the “weird” girl to pick on and ostracize. This smells a lot like that. I don’t know the technical definition of bullying but I know what I saw on that s show was fucked up.

And, yet, Caroline still found reason to criticize Ross on Twitter. Why? Because she is a professional victim.  I agree that Caroline has mental issues, but I think some of us are far too willing to give her a pass on her behavior.  You can have mental issues and still be an asshole.  

• Love 8
1 minute ago, laprin said:

You can have mental issues and still be an asshole.  

Very true and the best thing to do is not be professional let alone kind or compassionate. Just crank up the stereo like she is Manuel Noriega and call out insults about her family and embarrassing medical change conditions. 

Because that is a what an adult would do.

• Love 1

Look she is troubled. That much is clear. Why keep poking at her regardless of what she says?

i think only bad stuff can happen. You see this all the time on social media. It’s time to back off.

Edited by langford peel
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, OnceSane said:

Please take the Caroline chatter to her thread.  She was not in this episode and discussions about her SM issues are off-topic.  Thanks!

Sorry, I thought we were on her topic ! My bad ! :( [I'm going in the corner for 15 minutes, as an auto-punishment]

• Love 2
On 12/19/2018 at 8:17 PM, movingtargetgal said:

Kate was being very passive aggressive towards Laura since she arrived on the boat.  I think she has behaved that way with many of the stewardesses who have worked under her.  Look at her behavior with Amy on her first season.  Kate is a mean spirited person who plays the two against one game with her stews.  Bosses should not have to coddle their employees but they should always treat them with respect.  Her attitude when checking Laura's work was not meant to be instructive it was "let me catch your screw up so I can berate you for it".  Laura let her anger at Kate's treatment of her got the best of her but she wasn't wrong.  Kate needs to stop being such a passive aggressive bitch to her co-workers and underlings.  She jumped to slam Laura without considering the fact that maybe a guest had gone back to the cabin and left the towels on the floor.  Frankly, I would not put it past Kate to put the towels on the floor herself.  Laura has been on Kate's shit list from the moment she found out Laura had been a chief stew.  Like most passive aggressive people, Kate is a really insecure person.  Laura is in her twenties and is very attractive.  Kate is in her mid thirties and due to her drinking, looks like she is in her mid forties.  

Wow. Did you miss the part where Laura, on her initial tour of the boat, belittled and insulted Kate and Josiah as well as the boat’s inferior standards? Right in front of Kate? What I saw after that was Kate giving her a chance (and another one and another one) while patiently correcting her. 

• Love 7