Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Check Yourself!

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

On 12/19/2018 at 10:47 PM, HunterHunted said:

Both Lee and Sandy have referred to their ships as motor yachts from time to time on their shows. As others have said, Motor Yacht is an actual official term to distinguish between sailing yacht. We've only seen motor yachts as the main ships on Below Deck and BD: Mediterranean. The closest Below Deck has ever gotten to a sailing yacht is last season when Lee wanted to reorient the yacht and needed the deck crew to move the tender. Nico released the tender from the yacht, but forgot the keys to the tender and it started to drift into the Maltese Falcon, one of the largest sailing yachts in existence.

I had to go look at the "Maltese Falcon", and oh boy! That beast is 288 feet long!  Which is ,100 feet longer than the Seanna.  The charter rate is 440,0000EUR, or about $504,000USD.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, dleighg said:

Was that the ship that the ridiculous guests wanted to do a "social visit" to with a bottle of bubbly? (And got shut down quickly)

I don't think so.  The Maltese Falcon is black, and I don't recall that vessel being black, or a sailing ship.

Edited by Honey
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Honey said:

I don't think so.  The Maltese Falcon is black, and I don't recall that vessel being black, or a sailing ship.

The hospitality check women were trying to visit the al Lusail, which is owned by the Emir of Qatar. It is a motor yacht.

• Love 5

The scene where Ashton sat Ross down to discuss their special moment? Ross looked really uneasy for some of that, like he was about to bolt. It felt like Ashton was about to propose to him! Production have been giving us all sorts of little cabin interactions between these 2 all season, like the dressing scene this episode where Ross comments on Ashton 'going commando'. The idea of these 2 having what is apparently referred to as 'bud sex', only whilst on ocean going vessels, makes me giggle. 

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, queenjen said:

The scene where Ashton sat Ross down to discuss their special moment? Ross looked really uneasy for some of that, like he was about to bolt. It felt like Ashton was about to propose to him! Production have been giving us all sorts of little cabin interactions between these 2 all season, like the dressing scene this episode where Ross comments on Ashton 'going commando'.

I had similar thoughts. And production really gave us a good long look at Ashton's butt, didn't they? Seemed gratuitous to me. But I'm old-fashioned, I guess.

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 1

Captain Lee tanning himself while everyone else was flipping the boat made me giggle. The Tyler/Rhylee hookup footage...eeks.  Some things are better left unseen.  I laughed out loud when they showed everyone passed out after drinking all night, but the image of Rhylee on her back with her mouth wide open is the reason I would never, ever even think about being on a reality show (or falling asleep on an airplane).

• Love 13
1 hour ago, dleighg said:

I had similar thoughts. And production really gave us a good long look at Ashton's butt, didn't they? Seemed gratuitous to me. But I'm old-fashioned, I guess.

Yes they did, and I thank them for that!

1 hour ago, RalyWilmy said:

Captain Lee tanning himself while everyone else was flipping the boat made me giggle. The Tyler/Rhylee hookup footage...eeks.  Some things are better left unseen.  I laughed out loud when they showed everyone passed out after drinking all night, but the image of Rhylee on her back with her mouth wide open is the reason I would never, ever even think about being on a reality show (or falling asleep on an airplane).

Girl can't even shut her mouth when she's sleeping.

• Love 22
2 hours ago, queenjen said:

The scene where Ashton sat Ross down to discuss their special moment? Ross looked really uneasy for some of that, like he was about to bolt. It felt like Ashton was about to propose to him! Production have been giving us all sorts of little cabin interactions between these 2 all season, like the dressing scene this episode where Ross comments on Ashton 'going commando'. The idea of these 2 having what is apparently referred to as 'bud sex', only whilst on ocean going vessels, makes me giggle. 

I love them.  I want them to stay together on the show for more seasons. And God help me, but I giggle when they have their bonding fart moments.

Ross chowing popcorn in the penthouse while Kate listed everything that annoys her about the new stew was gold. All he needed was a bottle of coca cola.

• Love 10

Shut up, Laura!

I've dealt with a co-worker exactly like her. He came into the position, decided he knew better than everyone, and questioned everything in a non-constructive way. I am very pro fresh ideas, fresh perspective, etc, but I always find it is more successful when you first try to understand the current methods, and then give your thoughts. In my case, all his "ideas" we had already thought about (literally, he didn't offer one new idea).

Does she not realize Kate is her boss? That means Kate can watch over her shoulder the entire time if she wants to do so. And when Laura was with the guests, she didn't seem that great with them. I didn't see her going out of her way to make them comfortable, and production didn't show guests overly complimenting her (while we have seen guests sincerely thank Kate or Josiah). Sure she had taught that one yoga session, but it didn't seem like she even tried to see if other guests want to join, and she almost left her shift without a back up person! What about the guests who came down and were hungry or thirsty?

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, nenya said:

And when Laura was with the guests, she didn't seem that great with them. I didn't see her going out of her way to make them comfortable, and production didn't show guests overly complimenting her (while we have seen guests sincerely thank Kate or Josiah). Sure she had taught that one yoga session, but it didn't seem like she even tried to see if other guests want to join, and she almost left her shift without a back up person! What about the guests who came down and were hungry or thirsty?

I totally agree!! And the yoga/pilates session seemed more about HER and what she wanted to do than what she had to OFFER. The guests seemed like an afterthought. Then it was like "ok I'm gonna go change! I'm gonna go change!" Yes, Laura- because it's all about YOU, after all. 

• Love 11

After re-watching the episode, I firmly believe that Laura, came abroad the yacht after having watched numerous episodes of below deck,  doing multiple google searches of Kate, following all ex below deck crew  twitter feeds , determined to sabotage and bring down Kate.  No person, serious about their profession would come in like she did. There is not a moment she did not try to undermine Kate in front of the crew.  When Kate asks Rhylee to help with lunch service, Yes, you have been smacked down. Perhaps you should think about why. You actually deserved it. I am curious to see how she gets out of how she felt she could take Kate to task during dinner service. All that screams is you are so unprofessional. She comes off so made for TV.  Clearly the rest of the crew can tell that Kate now has it in for Laura. She is not trying to hide that. Do they know why ? Not sure.

Edited by missyb
  • Love 16

They know why. She's Kate.

She had it in for every third stew if they were good (Amy)...bad (Rocky)....or indifferent (Laura). It doesn't matter who they are it is Kate's job to make their life a misery and provide drama and snarky quips. That's what a real professional and a leader would do.

Right?

• Love 4
19 hours ago, RalyWilmy said:

but the image of Rhylee on her back with her mouth wide open is the reason I would never, ever even think about being on a reality show (or falling asleep on an airplane).

exactly. You never know where Jeff Lewis might turn up..

jet-set-jeff-photo-bomb.jpg

Edited by queenjen
  • Love 8
On 12/21/2018 at 11:31 PM, langford peel said:

She had it in for every third stew if they were good (Amy)...bad (Rocky)...dumb and bad (Sierra)...whiny, entitled, and bad (Jen)....or indifferent (Laura). It doesn't matter who they are it is Kate's job to make their life a misery and provide drama and snarky quips. That's what a real professional and a leader would do.

Right?

FiFY. I think those examples are a bit of cherry picking. I get that you were providing a spectrum of the 3rd stews. However, there are far more examples of other stews who were pretty bad at their jobs too.

Kate was a bit bitchy to Sierra, but a combo of the distraction of dating Ro and Sierra being too damn dumb probably stopped Kate from really laying into Sierra. Sierra is so dumb that it's like showing your dog a different page of a calculus book each day and hoping that in 4 or 5 years he can do calculus. He can't.  He simply doesn't have the brains for that type of work. That's Sierra. Sierra was unbelievably dumb and almost every member of the crew remarked on this during the season and not just in their talking heads. Sierra was also a day late to join the crew because she forgot that she was supposed to listen to the announcements for her flight. She was sitting at the gate and forgot to listen for the boarding, departure, and even her name announcement.

I remember Kelley saying that she was stab you in the middle of the night crazy; viewers, myself included, objected to that characterization. I made a joke about Sierra stabbing a guy in the middle of the night because she brought a fruit basket, cutting board, and knives to the bed because she wanted to make a post-coitus fruit salad. When she stabbed the guy it would be like "whoops!"

Sierra also had conflict with Ben because he gave her some pretty mild criticism. Jen was also criticized by every member of the crew. Rocky too. She should have been fired at least 3 times in season 3. They, especially Sierra, were objectively not great at their jobs.

I'd argue that Laura is in many ways no different from Rhylee, but Rhylee appears to be slightly better at her job. They are both insubordinate and unprofessional. The reality is that there have been many other crew who were as bad or less than some of these stews, who were fired, but it's rare that people see that and blame it on the bosun. I get that Kate's is a bitch, but there was no amount of niceties that was going to fix or train Rocky, Sierra, and Jen to be decent stews. All three of them came on the show for the wrong reasons. I also think Laura is pulling a half Bugsy/Bri split--undermining the chief stew and hoping all of the guys fall for her. And so far, both Bugs and Bri were better at the job than Laura.

People don't like Kate, but she, like many of the other department heads, has always had at least one crappy subordinate. However, fan criticism of the treatment of subordinates doesn't always trickle up to a criticism of their male deck supervisors. And it's more common to read criticism of both the junior deckhand and their bosun. There is more nuance. Too often it seems like it's either or with regard to criticism of the interior. It's possible that Kate is bad supervisor who likes to be a bitch to incompetent staff AND her subordinates like Caroline and Laura are bad at their jobs.

Of the male department heads, Eddie was always been pretty good; Kelley wasn't great. Nico was a disaster. Bryan was so terrible that I wouldn't be surprised if his Below Deck: Med tenure was taught in Human Resources, Employment Law classes and sexual harassment seminars. But I feel like I don't often run across prolonged discussions of the failures of junior deck crew that is ascribed to their bosun. Don't get me wrong, I'm positive that the deck crew are bunch of perennial fork-ups. For whatever reasons, the screw ups of the junior deck crew rarely seem to be used to excoriate the bosun by the audience.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 15
12 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

.....the yoga/pilates session seemed more about HER and what she wanted to do than what she had to OFFER. 

Before the yoga session production had made a big deal about the fact that Laura was a yogurt instructor (Lol @ typo),  so I call production interference on this one. I totally think production set it up, in of course the most dramatic way - leaving her work station, to backup their earlier comments.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Skycatcher said:

Before the yoga session production had made a big deal about the fact that Laura was a yogurt instructor (Lol @ typo),  so I call production interference on this one. I totally think production set it up, in of course the most dramatic way - leaving her work station, to backup their earlier comments.

There are things that are obviously production manipulation, but what we saw was Laura greet the guests, the guests talk about exercise, and Laura offers to do Yoga with them and trots off to wake Kate so she could do this and not do her actual job. Yes, she was thinking about those 2 guests, but she wasn’t thinking about the other guests, the rest of the staff, and the rest of her job. They just wanted to exercise, they didn’t ask for a yoga session and when Laura couldn’t do it, they went and worked out on gym equipment and had their yoga later, which would’ve been what Laura should’ve said. To me, production couldn’t have manipulated that stupidity, Laura managed that all on her own. It was an act done without any forethought or responsibility on Laura’s part and indicative of someone with poor managerial skills. I don’t believe production manipulates *that* much. More often, all they have to do is hire the people that will cause the most trouble/drama and they’re set. 

Edited by VagueDisclaimer
  • Love 11
On 12/21/2018 at 9:31 PM, langford peel said:

She had it in for every third stew if they were good (Amy)...bad (Rocky)....or indifferent (Laura). It doesn't matter who they are it is Kate's job to make their life a misery and provide drama and snarky quips. That's what a real professional and a leader would do.

Right?

During some boring nights during the summer I watched a whole lot of below decks ! And rankly, I did not think Kate treated Amy badly. Kat was more the antagonist to Amy but Kate just treated her as a third stew. It was Amy demanded all kinds of treatment from her chief.  It was Kat who closed the door on her face. Now, I did think Kate should have said, not cool but she didn't. Kate did appreciate how good Amy was with the charter guests. She said it a lot. But Amy wanted Kate to flat out adore her and was rather babyish about it. Next season, they worked great together and then even Amy had issues with the 3rd stew Rocky.

No doubt that Kate is a hard ass but all it takes to make her happy and appreciative is hard work. Kate works just as hard or harder than any crew member. And overall, she lets others stews do some fun stuff that Hannah, below deck med, would always keep for herself. Kate's calling Rhylee to help serve , and Laura's expression is just classic. Dont be a bitch to your chief stew. Lesson was not learned.

Edited by missyb
  • Love 21
On 12/19/2018 at 5:09 PM, langford peel said:

See that’s the thing. Even when the third stew is great and loved by the captain,crew and guests Kate still attacks and treats them like crap. Kate says she is all about the job but she is really about teams and mean girl bullshit. The producers must have said something since this season she is trying to pretend otherwise but her shittyness leaks out of her. Mocking the guests and trashing her subordinates are what she does. Please give us a new chief stew. I know they want some continuity but it is just not worth it. They dumped Ben and now it is time to dump her nasty ass. Keep Ross and Asthon. Shit make Josiah chief stew. 

Something has to give.

Thank you!   While I agree with the posters critical of Caroline and Laura, I just cannot understand the Kate love.   Kate is condescending, nasty and a back stabber.   She often reminds me of a witch......scowl faced and rat nest hair.   

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 6

Thanks for explaining why you like Kate.    I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.   I don't think she's funny. Her quips are almost always nasty and derogatory.   I have a problem with people who think they're better than others and Kate is one of them. 

• Love 1

Kate was pretty business like when going over the room that was terribly done.   Even if the towels were thrown on the floor by someone else, the cameras showed Laura doing a shitty job of tucking under the sheets.  It looked sloppy.   

It may be that Laura thinks she should be Chief Stew, so she doesn't like what she's doing now and just doing enough to get by.

I have someone on our team at work, who was in another position, former company that this unit broke away from - but totally different area.  This person was in their job for at least 10 years, so they think they know everything, quick with little retorts and acts like buddies with the higher ups - whom she had contact with in her old job.  Problem is, she doesn't know squat about this job - NOTHING.  I had her review something for me, which took her about 10 minutes tops.  She was in a hurry for yet another smoke break.  I asked, you are done already?  Yeah, it's not like it's that difficult was the response.  I should have checked it again because there was an error.  Took me 3 days to unwind later in the month, and it could have been client facing.  I almost said - this is why you take more time to review - yes, it's not difficult, but there is no way you're done in 10 minutes.  She'd only been there about 3 or 4 months, so I took it easy on her.  BIG MISTAKE.  She is still careless as hell, resulting in the entire team being on the hot seat for her mistake (total BS).  I honestly feel she's regretting leaving the job she knew like the back of her hand, and was the 'go to person' in that department.  I am seeing the same sort of behavior from Laura.  Coming in hot, knows everything, rushes through shit, and doesn't like being at the bottom of the totem pole.

The fact that Kate kept telling her to keep the volume down and move away so the guests did not hear her hit me.  If she were a chief stew before, she'd know or should know to keep any arguments, issues, away from the guests.  They are paying for a great experience overall, not to hear you yell at your boss (rightly or wrongly).  You keep that shit away.  It's like hearing this kind of argument at a store or a restaurant.  Nope.  Take it to the back room or off hours.  Laura is not professional one bit.   If she's doing this for her 5 minutes, bad move.

• Love 14
21 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

Kate was pretty business like when going over the room that was terribly done.   Even if the towels were thrown on the floor by someone else, the cameras showed Laura doing a shitty job of tucking under the sheets.  It looked sloppy.   

It may be that Laura thinks she should be Chief Stew, so she doesn't like what she's doing now and just doing enough to get by.

[snip]

The fact that Kate kept telling her to keep the volume down and move away so the guests did not hear her hit me.  If she were a chief stew before, she'd know or should know to keep any arguments, issues, away from the guests.  They are paying for a great experience overall, not to hear you yell at your boss (rightly or wrongly).  You keep that shit away.  It's like hearing this kind of argument at a store or a restaurant.  Nope.  Take it to the back room or off hours.  Laura is not professional one bit.   If she's doing this for her 5 minutes, bad move.

I HATED Bugsy from BD: Med. Could not stand her. Bugs also believed she should have been the chief stew. Bugs was smart enough to always make sure that her work that would be seen by the charter guests and Sandy was excellent. With her "on the record" work being excellent, she was free to conduct her whisper campaign behind the scenes that painted Hannah as a drunk lazy slattern who arose at noon, took 50 smoke breaks, and delegated all of her work to her junior stews. Bugs knew that she had to have her pieces in order and set up so that she could go in for the kill. Bugs had three catastrophic mistakes; she should have shown Sandy the iPad as soon as she saw the messages from Jason, Bugsy was unrelenting in her criticism of Hannah (if Hannah was as bad as Bugs claimed, there is no way that interior service wouldn't have been a disaster and Sandy not notice the deficit), and she shouldn't have excused Bobby's similar, but way worse, transgressions.

Bugsy was doing a much better job at laying the groundwork for the argument about how much Hannah sucked at her job. Laura is new. She doesn't know the ship, the crew, or the crew dynamics. Laura is hoping that her fuckability (why else bring up the cut corners while Ashton, who has already expressed an interest in her, is recuperating from his injury) and general knowledge of Kate's historical bitchiness is enough to get some of the crew on her side. Laura is trying to make the case that Kate sucks at her job, but it might help Laura's argument if she could actually do the job well. Laura has all of the most obnoxious aspects of Sam, Jenderella, and Rocky.

As an aside for whatever reasons, BD: Med seems to have much worse charter guests than the mothership.

• Love 15
On 12/22/2018 at 4:00 PM, VagueDisclaimer said:

We like Kate because she’s snarky, because she has wit,  because she does a good job without demanding gold stars, because she’s intelligent and recognizes when others are playing games, because she respects the captain and he respects her, because she doesn’t care if someone dislikes her as long as they get the job done, because yeah, she’s a bitch, but she makes it work, because she doesn’t whine and just gets shit done. Because she’s good TV, even after all these years, and that’s why I tune in to TV 🤷🏻‍♀️

This. I also like the fact that Kate likes her job, takes it seriously and makes the effort to make things good for the guests. I was thinking of that when the one woman was looking for slide volunteers. Hannah would have said too bad, I AMMMM THE CHIEF STEWWWWW, go have a cigarette, decide which uninterested dude to throw herself at that night and then take a nap. The joy, laughter and photos taken by that charter group were nice to see, as are all the table settings Kate takes pride in and that Hannah delegates and sleeps through.  

The Kate hate wears me out, especially when there are clowns like Rocky and Caroline on board.  Amy was nice but the girl seemed dumb as a bag of rocks so she wasn't one of my favorites. Laura is another monumental PITA. Kate isn't allergic to work and has a short fuse for the lazy, the inept and the nuts. I don't blame her.  

• Love 24
On 12/18/2018 at 9:32 PM, MrsWitter said:

And the conversation between Ross and Ashton at the beginning of the episode was so sweet. “There was a kind of special moment when I got back on the boat and you gave me a hug. It was like safety. When you held me, I felt safe.”   

I love these guys.

In one of the AfterShows, with Ross and Ashton, Ashton explained that hug.  He'd been driving the tender for 45 minutes and was out of danger, but not until he came aboard the yacht into Ross's arms did he feel "at home" with his mates, back to where his home base was.  I'm sure it was a gigantic relief, and he could finally relax.

• Love 10

Why are there so many crew members in Below Deck from South Africa or Zimbabwe? Is that common in yachting or just who Bravo seeks out to fill the crew?

I would have thought that this crew would have a bunch of Aussies or New Zealander's or people from the Philippines. That only stands to reason when you are operating in the far reaches of the South Pacific. 

I know Andy and Bravo is pretty racist and has strict segregationist rules but why couldn't you have someone other than Ross who comes from that part of the world.

• Love 2
On 12/21/2018 at 9:31 PM, langford peel said:

or indifferent (Laura)

I'm not sure indifferent means what you think it means.

On 12/22/2018 at 3:06 AM, HunterHunted said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm positive that the deck crew are bunch of perennial fork-ups. For whatever reasons, the screw ups of the junior deck crew rarely seem to be used to excoriate the bosun by the audience.

IDK.  Look back at the threads from earlier this season.  Aside from a lonely few, everyone was blaming Rhylee's bad behavior on Chandler.

9 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I HATED Bugsy from BD: Med. Could not stand her. Bugs also believed she should have been the chief stew. Bugs was smart enough to always make sure that her work that would be seen by the charter guests and Sandy was excellent. With her "on the record" work being excellent, she was free to conduct her whisper campaign behind the scenes that painted Hannah as a drunk lazy slattern who arose at noon, took 50 smoke breaks, and delegated all of her work to her junior stews.

To be fair, that's a pretty bang on description of Hannah.  

• Love 11
54 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

IDK.  Look back at the threads from earlier this season.  Aside from a lonely few, everyone was blaming Rhylee's bad behavior on Chandler.

I didn't say it never happened, just that it rarely happened. CJ was a crap deckie/engineer and most people didn't blame Aleks. Andrew was an idiot who lied about his experience. Sandy continued to denigrate Hannah all season because Kasey wasn't as skilled as she should have been. Whereas Lee explicitly called out Andrew and fired him for not being as skilled as they needed him to by that time in the season. Season 3 had Don and Dane leave early. Dane was a drunk. Don was a bad fit, but for the most part viewers didn't blame Eddie for his failure to supervise Don. Seasons 4 and 5 are the closest that Lee and the viewers  come to blaming the bosun for their subordinates fuck ups. Kelley didn't have a strong presence, but Trevor was a drunk choad. Season 5 is where the deck crew's failures were constantly attributed to Nico. At the same time, he was grossly unprepared and his deck crew was unbelievable unskilled. Nico was in a really bad headspace.

The show seems to only push the narrative that a bosun is bad when his failures are global. However, a chief stew has to only have an issue with a single stew. I think that there is a bit of a double standard. Once again, I still think Kate is a very problematic boss.

• Love 3

That is one thing I hate about the holidays. Regular TV is suspended and we are subjected to re-runs of poorly done cartoons that somehow or another have  lasted long enough to have been labeled classics.  Either that, slushy, syrupy Christmas movies or lame, poorly rendered star-powered musical "specials",  which will be rebroadcast for years to come. Bah, humbug

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Skycatcher said:

That is one thing I hate about the holidays. Regular TV is suspended and we are subjected to re-runs of poorly done cartoons that somehow or another have  lasted long enough to have been labeled classics.  Either that, slushy, syrupy Christmas movies or lame, poorly rendered star-powered musical "specials",  which will be rebroadcast for years to come. Bah, humbug

That my friend is why i love Netflix, hulu, and Prime. I can watch Sherlock, Australian shows and Die Hard. Oh, I forgot Scrooged, my Christmas movie. 

• Love 3

Is there some kind of rule that the 3rd stew has to be completely nuts? Laura is just as weird as Caroline, just in a more aggressive, less shaky kind of way. Who talks to their boss that way? Who starts a new job with a bunch of strangers this way? I find people who don’t want to at least initially get along with people on a job weird. Kate was a bitch at the dinner, but Laura did start it by just not keeping her mouth shut about how bad the interior crew was doing its job (in her weirdo opinion, which I don’t buy for a second). That whole yelling fit that Laura had just made her look like a deranged asshole.

I don’t like the way the crew treated these guests. The mafia cracks were out of line, and if that woman wants to wear black 24/7, that’s her business.

Looks like Rhylee is back to her usual self next week, screaming at Ross. Will this season set a record for most crew fired in a season?

ETA: One reason why I think Kate was bitchy at the dinner is she spent so much time being patient with Caroline. Sometimes you just feel done being patient.

Edited by Blindfox
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, Skycatcher said:

I really wish that networks like Bravo, E!, VH1 would air viewers' favorites during the holidays. Like I loved certain episodes of Below Deck and love to revisit those episodes. But I live for the Napa episodes of RHoNJ where Juicy is openly hateful to Teresa, the Southern Charm reveal that Kathryn had a pregnancy scare, but Shep is relieved because he's the only person who used a condom. And season 2 of Below Deck when Eddie sees Adrienne at the bar and just turns around and goes back to the tender.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Skycatcher said:

Well you're suppose to be spending time with the family, not watching TV.  ;)

But some people may want to avoid the family.  That's what binging and movies are for?

• Love 6
2 hours ago, scrb said:

Well you're suppose to be spending time with the family, not watching TV.  ;)

But some people may want to avoid the family.  That's what binging and movies are for?

I see you've met my family. If I can't get a viewers choice marathon, I'm revisiting my favorite episodes by listening to their Watch What Crappens podcasts.

Whether you need a brief reprieve from your family or decided it'll be better if all parties stay in their separate corners or if your family is gone or not easily accessible, here's wishing you and the ones you love a safe and happy holiday and an opportunity to revisit your favorite Bravo moments. And remember, you could be spending it stuck in the Bizerkshires with an all-star assortment of the WORST Bravolebrities. 

• Love 11

Christmas for folks like me is what, in Los Angeles, we called a Jewish Christmes,  a movie and Chinese take out food.  And if that is too politically incorrect for you, stuff it. Ho, ho, ho.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, Blindfox said:

Is there some kind of rule that the 3rd stew has to be completely nuts? Laura is just as weird as Caroline, just in a more aggressive, less shaky kind of way. Who talks to their boss that way? Who starts a new job with a bunch of strangers this way? I find people who don’t want to at least initially get along with people on a job weird. Kate was a bitch at the dinner, but Laura did start it by just not keeping her mouth shut about how bad the interior crew was doing its job (in her weirdo opinion, which I don’t buy for a second). That whole yelling fit that Laura had just made her look like a deranged asshole.

Only on the mothership; Amy is the exception. BD: Med usually has massive deck crew problems.

• Love 3
On 12/24/2018 at 4:00 PM, HunterHunted said:

I really wish that networks like Bravo, E!, VH1 would air viewers' favorites during the holidays. Like I loved certain episodes of Below Deck and love to revisit those episodes. But I live for the Napa episodes of RHoNJ where Juicy is openly hateful to Teresa, the Southern Charm reveal that Kathryn had a pregnancy scare, but Shep is relieved because he's the only person who used a condom. And season 2 of Below Deck when Eddie sees Adrienne at the bar and just turns around and goes back to the tender.

I vote for a marathon of Vicki Gunvalson's getting hit in the head with a football and falling down stairs.  

It's truly puzzling that there are adults who haven't yet figured out that no one likes the person who shows up in a new town or a new job and is all "where I'm from, this is how we" with the implication that wherever you currently are is all wrong.  It's really not hard to sit back and take in the new boat and it's procedures and then say "I'm kind of used to doing x, is it a problem if I do that?" if you think it's a better way.  Maybe there's a reason they don't do x, it could actually NOT be a better way, but, at least it's more polite than "Wow, this is dirty."  

• Love 16
7 hours ago, smores said:

It's truly puzzling that there are adults who haven't yet figured out that no one likes the person who shows up in a new town or a new job and is all "where I'm from, this is how we" with the implication that wherever you currently are is all wrong.  It's really not hard to sit back and take in the new boat and it's procedures and then say "I'm kind of used to doing x, is it a problem if I do that?" if you think it's a better way.  Maybe there's a reason they don't do x, it could actually NOT be a better way, but, at least it's more polite than "Wow, this is dirty."  

I agree.

There was something that really irritated me about Laura pointing out the water spot ring on the burled wood table. There are very legitimate reasons that the interior crew wouldn't do anything about it. Perhaps the actual owner of the yacht didn't want some half-assed fix and wanted to wait until he/she could recondition the entire boat. I thought that, in particular, was a completely missed opportunity to reframe her criticism and bitchery into something that is at least nominally deferential, but Laura is an oblivious dolt who couldn't stop sneering. She could have just said "I see this water spot. What is your procedure for handling this?"

I hope when Laura is a chief stew on her next boat, she gets a "Laura" as part of her interior crew and realizes how obnoxious she is.

• Love 15

Part of this is just that the stakes are so low (with the exception of Ashton's near death), so the drama is already heightened to treat mundane missteps as though they are world ending disasters.  Though I do agree with the idea of other commenters in that Laura is purposefully trying to create drama by behaving like a nut job, and Kate responds in kind. 

I am deeply curious what the guests thought when they saw the footage of Kate and Josiah going through their cabin and laughing at their clothes and sex game(?).  For all of Laura's bad attitude, it seems like those two might need a refresher course on being professional as well.

Edited by txhorns79
  • Love 7