Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: A Sense of Purpose

Bort

With a baby on the way, Steph starts thinking like a provider. Danny ponders going back to work, and Matt and DJ try to bust each other's businesses.

Airdate: Friday, December 14, 2018

Aw yeah, Matt's back!

Ok, he was pretty much a childish petty jerk throughout most of it and he was definitely in the wrong. But damnit if I don't love this man. John Brotherton is great at the comedic parts of this show, and he's extremely charming. His reaction when he rolled the old lady out in traffic was really funny. I am thrilled for him and DJ to be working together again. If I can't have them as a couple, I'll take them as business partners.

So, Jackson is going to be on the football team. I do wish they went a different "hidden talent" direction, since most teen characters are either into some kind of sport or something nerdy, but we'll see how it goes. 

The Danny stuff actually worked fairly well. The Becky stuff with her co-host wasn't funny to me, although her finally losing it did get me to laugh.

• Love 5

Bob Saget finally seems like he remembered how to play Danny. This is the first episode I feel like I've been seeing Danny and not Bob Saget trying to play Danny but being really rusty at it and/or deciding to play Danny ironically.

I love John Brotherton, too. He had me on his days on One Life to Live. I also liked Matt's admittance that in trying to outdo DJ's pet practice, he went into serious debt. That waiting room did not look cheap.

• Love 3
On 12/15/2018 at 1:06 AM, methodwriter85 said:

Bob Saget finally seems like he remembered how to play Danny. This is the first episode I feel like I've been seeing Danny and not Bob Saget trying to play Danny but being really rusty at it and/or deciding to play Danny ironically.

I love John Brotherton, too. He had me on his days on One Life to Live. I also liked Matt's admittance that in trying to outdo DJ's pet practice, he went into serious debt. That waiting room did not look cheap.

YES. This was the first episode of the reboot that I saw Danny. It was nice.

I love the actor that played Rebecca's co-anchor on black-ish and it was fun to see him pop up here.

• Love 2

Awwww Matt is back! It sucks that he was being a jerk at first, but he came around, and thats the important thing! 

It was fun seeing the guy from Black-ish playing the jerky co-anchor of Becky's. And the way the screen cut out after he started creeping on Becky, to Danny back in the chair again.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

It was fun seeing the guy from Black-ish playing the jerky co-anchor of Becky's. And the way the screen cut out after he started creeping on Becky, to Danny back in the chair again.

I mean, it is a very, very timely thing right now.

I read Eliza Dushku's statement on Michael Weatherly and I want to take a show after reading it.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1