Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E12: AWOL

On 12/14/2018 at 3:24 PM, Kohola3 said:

So they watch the show and learn.  That's the point.

This. As another poster said, it's on us to make the move to look up things we don't know, no matter what age we are. And hopefully access isn't restricted to those who do want to learn.

I guess I hope this show gets renewed. I didn't expect to keep watching it, but there's enough in it that kept it on our DVR. I do want to get the old show again, though, as I don't remember enough of it, only that we loved to watch it.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, HouseofBeck said:

I do want to get the old show again, though, as I don't remember enough of it, only that we loved to watch it.

Antenna TV is showing the original series, if you have cable and if it is part of your cable package. The first season is available on DVD. Due to low sales and how expensive it would be to negotiate music rights for the home video market (because that wasn't included when they got the music rights for the original show) the powers that be decided it wasn't worth it to release the entire series on DVD. For now, Antenna TV is your best bet. 

• Love 3

In my area, Antenna is an over the air channel, it's one of the low digital numbers, I think part of the ABC affiliate's digital line up, but that will vary from city to city. I have to remember to find out when it's on and may start watching, but I think it's pretty early in the morning and I sleep then. I'm retired, and I follow my own schedule.

I have mixed feelings about this show.  I didn't watch the original series, and I don't find this show very funny, but I've still watched every episode up to now.  If the actors still want to do it, I hope they get a Season 2.

Avery deciding he would go to Afghanistan was predictable after that conversation at the pub, but also sad since he and Murphy Brown together has been the best aspect of the reboot and you could imagine how worried she would be but torn because she understood the drive of a journalist.  

• Love 1
7 hours ago, friendperidot said:

I have to remember to find out when it's on and may start watching, but I think it's pretty early in the morning and I sleep then. I'm retired, and I follow my own schedule.

Where AntennaTV is on the dial may vary, but I think its schedule is the same regardless. Murphy is on weekdays at 11 pm and weekends at 5 pm. Not sure if that's doable for you, but at least it's not early in the morning.

https://antennatv.tv/shows/

• Love 2

dargosmydaddy, thank you, I looked, I'm in Central Time Zone, so it's 10 PM, that will interfere with my Star Trek, but there are episodes I hate, so I could switch the channel when I remember, and that's a big one, when I remember. The 4 PM on weekends is doable, I'll have to put it in my calendar so I get reminders. I can't remember to do anything until I get in a habit. I already have my calendar reminding me to watch Major Crimes on weekends at 5 PM. On the plus side, I'm getting good at putting things in the calendar!

Edited to add the weekend shows are now in my calendar. I'll give some thoughts about the weeknight shows.

Edited by friendperidot
On 12/14/2018 at 7:53 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Loved Murphy chasing after the general--Very Mark Wallace-ish! And did the moron think he was on the Wolf network where he wouldn't be asked any tough questions?

Man, I was really feeling Avery's pain, and actually was miffed on his behalf that none of his uncles and auntie wanted him anywhere near them. What? Did they think he'd steal their story and go running back to Wolf?

Benny makes everything better! I loved how once he discovered how to ring the bell, he kept doing it over and over again! And his whimpers got to me. Hell. I wish I lived in a place that allowed pets. I would SO adopt a doggie or two.

I LOVED Frank and Murphy retelling the stories of what journalists used to do to get a story. I remember the Cronkite story well from documentaries I've watched. I still CURSE the day when Greedy Corporations bought the news organizations and it was no longer reporting the news, but RATINGS!!!!! And then the advent of tabloid news on television. Sigh.

Murphy broke my heart with that sad look on her face, trying not to cry when Avery left. I just love those two!

I 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 at that!

Oh man!!! It just makes me so so sad that Robert Pastorelli is no longer with us. 

Ahhhh. In the next episode Murphy calls Avery by his first middle and last name. His middle name is Robert. I bet it’s for the actor. Has to be. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, HeadphoneJack64 said:

This article is kind of a whole lot of nothing, but it briefly mentions Murphy Brown and its renewal chances.

https://deadline.com/2019/01/cbs-boss-big-bang-end-spinoff-murphy-brown-mom-macgyver-renewal-company-climate-tca-1202546232/

Not totally.

DEADLINE: You have given early renewals to four freshman series. Murphy Brown was not among them. What are the odds of it coming back?

KAHL: It definitely remains in the mix for possibly returning next season, along with several other shows.

DEADLINE: Looking back at how Murphy Brown was rebooted, would you have done anything differently?

KAHL: Creator Diane [English] and Warner Bros came to us with a vision for the show. We were excited for the vision and put it on very true to what Diane wanted to do. We are very proud of the show, and as I said it remains in contention.

I think that's a bit of hope there. Good find.

• Love 3