Type keyword(s) to search

Kids Baking Championship - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

I don't think Davis is going anywhere, since he's the only one that got a solo shot in the never ending promo.  

My personal favorite is Meadow.  The other remaining contestants  really don't resonant with me at all.

Edited by LegalParrot81
  • Love 3

Re:  Helping other bakers

I know that as a society as a whole we are supposed to be less competitive, give everyone a trophy, etc...

This is for $10,000.  

$10,000.

That is no small chunk of change.  I don't blame any kid that doesn't help a fellow baker because who knows what situation they are in.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 2/19/2019 at 8:46 PM, hookedontv said:

I’ll be happy as long as Nyah doesn’t win. I can’t put into words why not, I just haven’t enjoyed her on the show. 

Sorry Nyah, it’s not you - it’s me. 

Lol. 

Uch. Buh bye Nyah, it's been long overdue. She's one of the reasons this show has issues. I'm sure she's getting told to turn on her cutsie woostie baby tawk to be cute, but it's annoying as fuck. If a kid is old enough to be on this show, then they're old enough to act their age and not like a cutsie toddler. I loathe the kids that do this and she was doing it all the time. If she'd been her normal self and not focusing on her bad baby acting maybe she'd have done better on her bakes. I'm blaming parents and production.

On 3/1/2019 at 12:08 PM, Lunula said:

I must say, and I know they are children, but this is the second time I can recall being really unimpressed with Jaxson's attitude. The first time was the duo challenge when he literally forced Madison into doing the stuff he didn't want to do and when she tried to assert herself, he refused to listen and did exactly what he wanted. That's when I turned on him. It felt entitled, petulant and bullying. No surprise that he wants to also be a jerk about helping the other bakers. 

There seems to be an over/mis use of the word bullying nowadays for anything that's not all rainbows and Skittles hugs. Why should Jaxon give other contestants the recipe for a bake they're supposed to know how to do, or at least be able to figure out on their own? There's no reason. He wasn't being a bully or bullying anybody, he is in a contest for $10,000, which for a kid is like a million dollars, and in any case isn't chump change. If they were on Chopped nobody would be calling him a bully because he didn't give the competition a roadmap on how to cook their ingredients. I think the same should go for this show, regardless of contestant age. He's playing a game to win, period end of story. No bullying to see here...I'm quite sure real bullying would not be tolerated on this show and would get a kid booted anyway.

Davis, Davis, Davis...I have not liked this kid from the get go and I blame that never ending promo on coloring my feelings. That said, he seems much more put together on the show and yet...and yet, whenever he thinks he won a challenge and another kid wins, when they cut to him he always has a very unfortunate poor sport pout on his face. It's not a good look. And I still don't care for him at all.

Paige has been a favorite since the beginning for me because in the beginning she was more reserved and normal and just seemed like she was a kid baker here for a contest. But now? She is acting more and more like she's trying out for an acting gig and I don't like that. I wish she'd go back to being more normal and less over the top HEYIMANACTINGKIDLOOKATME.

Madison had that unfortunate quality of being a bitter old bitty at age 10 or however old she was, that got old fast too. I don't miss her either.

Meadow seems like a nice normal kid who's not putting on acting airs and knows how to bake. My money's on her.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 6

That went down exactly how I thought it was going too going into this episode. I think that Meadow should have won the challenge as her cookie was cooked right and she also attempted to do something else (that worked). Davis should have been in second mainly because of how amazing his design looked. I do however agree with sending Jaxon home.

• Love 3
(edited)

I’m getting the impression that the judges are being more critical on the taste of Davis’s work than we’re being shown and that’s why he looks so worried all the time. Duff made that comment about his artistry vs his craft. 

Regarding Jaxon and Madison indecent, I think Jaxon just got overexcited about his ideas and didn’t handle it very well. Yes, he shouldnt behave that way and a parent should talk to it about him and use it as a teaching moment, but calling him a bully or labeling it as sexist seems a bit much. Especially knowing how highly edited the show is. Someone mentioned that Jaxon didn’t even congratulate Madison when she won, but we just know they didn’t show it. 

I know now we can only judge based on what they show us, but there seems to be a tendency to assume the worst. 

Edited by Kakistos
  • Love 6

The more I see of Davis the more I like him.  I hope he doesn't get overly creative next week and goof up his cake.  He's clearly the front runner at this point.

Meadow apparently made a tasty cookie but all that grey frosting was very unappetizing not to mention boring.

Jaxon was definitely the right one to send home.  He saw it coming too.

Valerie keeps getting more blonde.  I think darker hair is more becoming on her.  The light color sort of washes her out.

• Love 11

I really liked Duff's advice to Davis, about it's 'arts and crafts'.  That he clearly has the art, he just needs to work on the craft.  I think underdone cookies, or in Paige's case several undercooked things, speaks to their age and impatience.  Just looking at Paige's before she decorated it, it looked undercooked.  But I thought Meadow's and Jaxon's looked over baked, and they were the better tasting cookies.  I like all 3 kids and will be happy for whichever one wins.  I think Davis has the creative edge, but Meadow and Paige have pulled out surprises over the weeks, so we'll see.

• Love 2

With some exceptions here and there, I think this season of KBC has produced some very sloppy desserts.  Davis' Mona Lisa was awesome though.  Meadow's puzzle looked the most like a puzzle to me, but I wish she would've used a different background color and added some smaller doughnuts on the other puzzle pieces.  

A rainbow would've been good for this challenge.  They could've had some blue sky with clouds on the top, a rainbow stretching across the cookies, and some grass and flowers on the lower pieces.  Just a thought!

• Love 2
On 2/26/2019 at 8:49 PM, MerBearHou said:

I get the feeling about Davis in his polite, controlled demeanor and his fastidious appearance that he is a perfectionist and always in his own zone rather than being social. 

A few weeks ago (obviously) when Davis won the challenge - the week Duff said something "You guys need to chill him out," but in a jokey way, I noticed that Davis said under his breath, "What is wrong with me?" And that broke my heart so much! He's been my favorite since - and it can't be easy not only being with brand new kids in a weird new experience but also being in a different country. I know I don't think of Canada as that much different than the US because the border is 5 minutes from where my grandparents lived, but it is a different country.  In conclusion, TeamDavis or TeamMeadow. 🙂

• Love 8

I'm a bit surprised how bad these puzzle bakes were.  Granted they did have to balance flavor, decor and function in a small amount of time like every challenge, but the techniques involved were rather simple.

I also feel that Meadow should have won.  They loved the flavor, it was well baked and functionally it was a puzzle.  Yes the gray color was a bad choice, but they had far more negative comments for Davis.  

I think that the "extra" elements should not be factored into the decision or even allowed for that matter.  

Paige is a bundle of nerves.  Has there been even one challenge where she hasn't dropped something or not had an accident or her bake was not underdone or raw.  Her personality has saved her.  

Davis should be on the adult's baking challenge.  It's almost unfair to have him with the other kids this season.  His Mona Lisa looked more like the Starbucks logo to me, but it was still quite beautiful.   You can tell that he's not used to hearing criticism, as his deadpan, silent reactions with an almost pissed off expression give it away.  

I predicted Jaxsun going out.  The edit from the beginning make it so obvious.  I mean he owns his own bakery, he should be able to roll out sugar cookies without so much drama.  When they showed some of the stuff he sells, it looked like his thing is to be heavy handed with the buttercream, so I'm not surprised he laid it on thick in this challenge.  His decorating was incredibly sloppy however.

I'm rooting for one of the girls to win the finale, preferably Meadow.  Paige has won one challenge, Meadow won two, Davis three and he's never been on the bottom.  Odds are Davis will win, but that will make this season so predictable.

(edited)
3 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Odds are Davis will win, but that will make this season so predictable.

I think the only way Davis doesn't win this is if his cake is raw, his frosting slides off into a puddle and the final product falls over.  None of which I see happening.

Edited by LegalParrot81
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, trudysmom said:

But I thought Meadow's and Jaxon's looked over baked, and they were the better tasting cookies.

I thought Meadow's looked overdone at first too and then I remembered they were cinnamon, so I'm assuming that made them look darker.

Not only were Paige's underdone but her buttercream looked broken when she was piping it. I also thought she had the same problem Jaxson did, puzzle-wise. His seemed worse because he outlined each individual piece, but if you look at the design on hers, it's very obvious she did nearly the same image on each cookie. If it's supposed to be a puzzle I want to see the image crossing over between the pieces somewhere. The design should not be isolated to each piece. "Blue meets blue" doesn't count. You could tell though who would be top or bottom before they even finished. Two had clearly decided on the images for the puzzles while they were still rolling out their dough. And those looked like puzzles. And they were on top. The other two seemed to not decide how to decorate until they took the cookies out of the oven. And the design made no sense.

I think Davis won, despite his cookies being a bit under, because it clearly took about 20x more effort to finish what he did than any of the others. If he'd done Paige's design, he would've had time to not only make ice cream, but remake the ice cream when it overchurned, and make whipped cream, and probably decorate all four keys. I'm not saying the taste and the bake shouldn't count, but...degree of difficulty of the whole thing, the other kids were playing whiffle ball in the backyard, and Davis was throwing 90 mph fastballs. I didn't think it looked like the Mona Lisa though, but it did look like a generic medieval painting and took much more skill. Even his royal icing was better if he got the kind of definition he did.

• Love 9
20 hours ago, kj4ever said:

Re:  Helping other bakers

I know that as a society as a whole we are supposed to be less competitive, give everyone a trophy, etc...

This is for $10,000.  

$10,000.

That is no small chunk of change.  I don't blame any kid that doesn't help a fellow baker because who knows what situation they are in.

It's actually $25,000.

(edited)

I found the judging of the cookies to be funny. Why? Because of the cookie challenge show, & quite frankly my own experience with customers varying tastes.. Brown, not brown, crisp, chewy, etc. etc. etc.. Even the judges should know, people like their cookies all different ways. I have customers who like the sugar cookies, somewhat soft(just like Davis had), some like it crisp & brown, some like it in between. The sugar cookies being soft, did not necessarily mean they were underbaked. I would have liked them to do a close up showing the center of the cookie. Soft does NOT mean underbaked. That being said Davis has skill. I think the biggest problem with the show is whomever is selecting the contestants(& this goes for the adults as well) is not necessarily choosing those who have the same kind of skill. They don't have to have the same experience-because we know home bakers can be just as skilled as pros. But I think the scenes(from at home) showing some of them being able to do certain things does not match their skill in the show. I give them a few eps to get their bearings on being in a comp. But by now, some still don't seem to know as much(Jaxson not knowing what a raspberry tastes like? or using powdered sugar, & not reverting to flour), still be kind of messy with the decorating or using all that buttercream on a cookie.  However a blunder would be Valerie chastising Jaxson for outlining his puzzle, but then telling Paige she could not see where the puzzle pieces were......

Edited by luvapickle
  • Love 5

I enjoyed this challenge, but I do kind of wonder if the kids were coached on how to do it. That they all did the same thing in using stencils seemed unlikely without some coaching. 

Congrats to Davis, that Mona Lisa was seriously impressive! That said, I did think that Meadow should have won given that hers tasted better and met the challenge of being a puzzle a little better (IMHO). And yes, while her whipped cream and his ice cream were extra, hers was more successful there, too. All that said, I don't have a problem with Davis winning this.

It was pretty obvious that Jaxon was going to lose when his cookies didn't work out as a puzzle. When he was trying to trim the cookies, you could see that it was way too crumbly. And yes, his decorating was a bit of a disaster.

I wasn't a big fan of Paige at the start of the season, but she has grown on me. I think Davis will win the whole thing, although I think Meadow might be the better baker. Would be fine with any of these three winning, tho Paige is the dark horse.

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, luvapickle said:

I found the judging of the cookies to be funny. Why? Because of the cookie challenge show, & quite frankly my own experience with customers varying tastes.. Brown, not brown, crisp, chewy, etc. etc. etc.. Even the judges should know, people like their cookies all different ways. I have customers who like the sugar cookies, somewhat soft(just like Davis had), some like it crisp & brown, some like it in between. The sugar cookies being soft, did not necessarily mean they were underbaked. I would have liked them to do a close up showing the center of the cookie. Soft does NOT mean underbaked. That being said Davis has skill. I think the biggest problem with the show is whomever is selecting the contestants(& this goes for the adults as well) is not necessarily choosing those who have the same kind of skill. They don't have to have the same experience-because we know home bakers can be just as skilled as pros. But I think the scenes(from at home) showing some of them being able to do certain things does not match their skill in the show. I give them a few eps to get their bearings on being in a comp. But by now, some still don't seem to know as much(Jaxson not knowing what a raspberry tastes like? or using powdered sugar, & not reverting to flour), still be kind of messy with the decorating or using all that buttercream on a cookie.  However a blunder would be Valerie chastising Jaxson for outlining his puzzle, but then telling Paige she could see where the puzzle pieces were......

I was thinking the same thing.  I'll take a soft sugar cookie over a crunchy one all day and on Sunday.  That sounded more like preference than a baking issue.

Paige is starting to remind me of that Matthew kid from a few seasons back, and that is not a good thing.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, mlp said:

Valerie keeps getting more blonde.  I think darker hair is more becoming on her.  The light color sort of washes her out.

Somewhere I came across that she said she was dying blonde because she was going gray and it's easier to dye blonde then her natural color.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, ShelleySue said:

What is the taping schedule?  Don't tattoos usually look red while they are healing?  Duff's didn't look like it had just been done.

I don't know the taping schedule, but if they finished the previous ep on a Friday and he got the tattoo that day, and didn't start filming until the next Monday, it could look the way it did. It wasn't a super complex tattoo with multiple colors or that would've taken hours. That tattoo probably took 30 minutes and wouldn't have a ton of irritation 3 days later.

Re: the softness, I agree there can be soft/chewy cookies vs crisp cookies. I was under the impression the show gave the kids the recipe or at least the ratio to use. So if they'd been making the sugar cookie they were instructed to, with the technique expected of them, it shouldn't have puffed up like Paige's did, and it shouldn't have been soft like Davis' was. Even if they weren't flat out given the ratios, it seemed like they were probably (off camera) given more details on what was expected for the puzzle-aspect. Just like how you can make soft gingerbread but shouldn't if it's a house challenge. That kind of thing. Also if I recall correctly Valerie repeated that his was underbaked twice. I can't remember if there was a cut and thus stuff may have been edited out, or if she really said it twice about a sentence apart. Based on her reaction alone, I don't think his were just "chewy style instead of crispy style" I think she tasted raw something. She mentioned it being under, then said something positive, then squinted and started again as if she were thinking and then repeated that it were under. The way it played was like she kept trying to say other things about the taste but kept getting stuck on how under it was. The only alternative I can think of for her to react that way is if she'd flubbed something in between and was repeating it for another take, but then they edited in her saying it twice.

Although on the flipside if it were that under or raw tasting...it shouldn't have won.

• Love 1

Odds are Davis will win, but that will make this season so predictable.

I don't have any problem with "predictable."  I prefer to see a contestant who has been a front runner all along be the winner rather than see a big surprise. 

I do kind of wonder if the kids were coached on how to do it. That they all did the same thing in using stencils seemed unlikely without some coaching. 

I thought so.  They all did the same thing and even made pretty much the same comments about why they were doing certain things.   I think the odds of that happening without coaching are very, very slim.

• Love 3

I wasn't watching super closely, but I found it a coincidence that all the kids said they happened to have "leftover" dough to make the keys (or with Paige to make a new piece).  I have a feeling they were told to reserve some of the dough.

• Love 3

I genuinely like all three of the finalists and I think they've generally been pretty good and consistent. That said I feel like Davis is a definite step ahead but he won't win. At the end of the day, it's not a straight meritocracy. It's a TV show designed to please its audience and advertisers. Food Network knows who is watching and boys don't win Kids Baking Championship.

The kids' coached reaction to the challenges is big-time overdone.  "It's....puzzles!" created hysterical ecstasy  -- Paige looked like her face was going to crack wide open, she was making the "WOW!" expression so hard.  I can only imagine what they really thought:  "Oh great, puzzles..."

A better challenge with puzzles would've been having the pieces unconnected on the plate, and making Duff and Valerie put it back together in the right order.  It could've been any sugar cookie shape the way they were treated, or even one big cookie.  

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, docmatt said:

boys don't win Kids Baking Championship

Mostly true, out of the 5 previous season's Aidan Barry  from season 3 is the only boy .  I also think that may have been the only year there were two boys in the final 3.  I still think it's Davis, but will just have to wait and see.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, docmatt said:

boys don't win Kids Baking Championship.

Aiden Berry won, not sure what season, early on though.  Very talented young guy.

I think when the kids, or even adults, make it onto the show, they are given a sort of outline about what challenges they may face.  Not what week, necessarily, but that at some point they may need to make pate a choux,  a tart or mini tarts, donuts, something along those lines. Duff has tweeted that contestants are allowed recipes.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, kj4ever said:

I'll take a soft sugar cookie over a crunchy one all day and on Sunday.  That sounded more like preference than a baking issue.

I noticed that at least 2 of the cookies did have a definite crunch when Valerie and Duff bit into them.  I prefer a somewhat softer sugar cookie, but not doughy.  I don't think they should crunch like a pretzel!

• Love 2
(edited)

Davis’s instagram has some picture of all the bakers together, along with some comments about bakers who were eliminated.  It sure looks like he was social and having fun with the others, despite what we’ve been shown. The other kids also have instagrams with similar pictures. 

Edited by Kakistos

The kids' coached reaction to the challenges is big-time overdone.  

Amen!  The shrieking and screaming and jumping up and down makes me nuts.  I'll bet Davis never does that on his own.  

I'm sure there's a good reason for it - camera angles or something -  but I don't understand why, on every competition show, the contestants line up so far away from the judges.  It looks awkward.  Also, could the kids really see that little tattoo from that distance?  I doubt it.  

• Love 2
15 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I wasn't watching super closely, but I found it a coincidence that all the kids said they happened to have "leftover" dough to make the keys (or with Paige to make a new piece).  I have a feeling they were told to reserve some of the dough.

That I’m not sure. There have been kids in previous seasons who made cookies who had extra dough which came in handy. At a minimum these kids have probably watched the previous seasons and knew having extra dough would be a good idea. 

13 hours ago, docmatt said:

I genuinely like all three of the finalists and I think they've generally been pretty good and consistent. That said I feel like Davis is a definite step ahead but he won't win. At the end of the day, it's not a straight meritocracy. It's a TV show designed to please its audience and advertisers. Food Network knows who is watching and boys don't win Kids Baking Championship.

Interesting perspective. I actually feel like they’ve heard some criticisms that not enough boys do well on the show, so they have been trying to engineer the cast to get better boys on the show. So far this season, it feels like they’ve made mostly the right choices for elimination.

• Love 1

I'm rooting for Davis. First it was because he's Canadian, but now I genuinely like him. He is very mature, but he won me over when little glimpses of him being a kid come out. I think it was during his judging at one point (but possibly when announcing the week's winners) and the showed him with his fingers crossed. So, any of the three would be fine, but I'm crossing my fingers for Davis. 

• Love 6
On 3/4/2019 at 10:33 PM, mlp said:

The more I see of Davis the more I like him.  I hope he doesn't get overly creative next week and goof up his cake.  He's clearly the front runner at this point.

Meadow apparently made a tasty cookie but all that grey frosting was very unappetizing not to mention boring.

Jaxon was definitely the right one to send home.  He saw it coming too.

Heh, sometimes I only agree with some of a person's opinions, so I hesitate giving it a ❤️, but I agree with all your points!

On 3/5/2019 at 7:58 AM, NJKBCFan said:

I enjoyed this challenge, but I do kind of wonder if the kids were coached on how to do it. That they all did the same thing in using stencils seemed unlikely without some coaching. 

Unless the editors were playing with the sequence, it looked like Meadow and Davis were the first to cut out their puzzles and came up with different approaches. Then, it looked like Jaxon and Paige copied Meadow's technique.

Personally, I prefer a crisp cookie.😉

Meadow's donut was the perfect time to go all out on the sprinkles, but she was a bit stingy there. I'm glad she didn't go overboard, but her design seemed just a little too simple. She said she was going for a black background, but she didn't use enough dye so it turned out a drab battleship grey. I'm assuming she didn't want the dye to be tasted? Duff and Valeria have commented on that before. I wished she'd gone for an actual color. A bright blue background would have been cheerier and more attractive.

When Jaxon's talking head early on was about how lame puzzles were I assumed he was eliminated and it was sour grapes. He certainly seemed unclear on the concept. And, man, that was a LOT of freakin' buttercream. Personally, I like puzzles. I even got hooked on a online puzzle site called jigidi. The users create the puzzles from their own pictures, so there's a ton of variety.

• Love 1

I was thinking about the theory that was mentioned that because Davis is the only one featured in the promos, that he is probably the winner.  Well, for the Holiday Baking Championship, that bearded guy who wore the holiday mumus , was one of the first eliminated and he was featured heavily in the promos for that season.

Davis will still probably win.  Meadow for Miss Congeniality and Paige for the biggest Trooper.

2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I was thinking about the theory that was mentioned that because Davis is the only one featured in the promos, that he is probably the winner.  Well, for the Holiday Baking Championship, that bearded guy who wore the holiday mumus , was one of the first eliminated and he was featured heavily in the promos for that season.

Davis will still probably win.  Meadow for Miss Congeniality and Paige for the biggest Trooper.

Or Paige can get a shout out for keeping the competition "hot" by checking her bakes all-the-time.  😁

Paige reminds me the travel host, Samantha Brown.

Davis definitely deserves to win, though I won't be happy about it. He just grates on me. I'm annoyed Meadow didn't win this past week, as she had a better bake and didn't put something unappealing on the plate. Davis would've won points with me if he had realized his ice cream wasn't working.

• Love 1

I really haven't been a Davis fan this season but I do have to admit that even when he makes mistakes he is leagues above his competitors.  I should acknowledge that the way he's been shown and edited contributes to my disliking him.  He should be the champion, but my concern is that he will attempt something so difficult, challenging, out-of-the-box that he'll fail in the attempt and one of the girls will win instead. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kakistos said:

If Davis doesn’t screw up tonight, will he be the first to never to be in the bottom or have any set backs due to time or trying to do too much?

Actually, Aiden from season 3 was the only winner to have been in the bottom once during the season. Hollis, Rebecca, Linsey and Natasha all were never in the bottom. (I guess Linsey was technically in the bottom once, but it was the semifinal where they picked Alex as the winner and then had the three remaining bakers as the bottom; but Linsey was clearly not in danger of being eliminated in that episode.)

Edited by NJKBCFan

Paige made a great cake and got lucky with a twist that complimented what she was already making. 

I think the lack of cherry lost it for Davis. 

Loved seeing Davis give the camera guy a bit of his cake!

Edited by Kakistos
  • Love 9

After seeing the cakes I was hoping Paige would win. Davis is the better baker overall, but when I saw how much his cake was leaning plus the lack of cherries in his vs the way the judges fawned over the taste of Paige’s cake, I thought Paige would win. Sure her middle layer was meh, but I can’t imagine them picking a winner whose cake they thought might fall over. 

• Love 2

In the Fourth household, we were all expecting Davis to win, of course, but about halfway through, I said, "You know, Paige is getting the winner's edit." I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but they say if you watch enough reality shows/competitions, you can tell what's going to happen based on the editing. It still could have gone either way by the end (I was pretty sure Meadow wasn't going to win), but I wasn't surprised that Paige won. Based on all the challenges this season, I wouldn't necessarily say she's always been a better baker than Davis, but he wasn't flawless tonight, so I'm not disappointed in the result.

• Love 3

Congrats, Paige.  That cake looked delicious!  Overall I thought her cake looked the best, with the exception of the middle layer - which wasn't terrible, just plain and unfinished looking.  I wish she would've come up with a cleaner look with that, but the other 2 layers looked really good.  This isn't to say that the other baker's cakes weren't good, but I prefer a beautifully decorated cake with swirly buttercream over one with loads of fondant. I'm not a fan of fondant cutouts either.   Paige showed really good technique with her piping skills.  I'm not trying to diminish anyone's fondant skills, it's just a personal preference of mine with the idea of "less is more" with fondant!

7 minutes ago, Kakistos said:

I think the lack of cherry did Davis in. 

And the cake was leaning.  That didn't help.  I have no doubt that he has a successful future ahead of him.

Since this is a baking championship, and not necessarily a decorating one, I'm glad that the prize went to the baker with the most delicious cake, but I thought it was a pretty cake too.  YMMV.

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 9
18 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Since this is a baking championship, and not necessarily a decorating one, I'm glad that the prize went to the baker with the most delicious cake.  YMMV.

Definitely agree. I think they generally make decisions on taste, assuming the bakers didn’t do something obviously wrong.

Especially when it comes to controversial eliminations. We can’t taste the items and only hear what the editors decide we should hear, so we don’t always have the whole picture. 

• Love 1