Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: A New God

nodorothyparker
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, Haleth said:

I hope this show ends with this season.  It's becoming a chore to watch. 

It ends after next season which is already in the can and the wrap party was already held.  Hirst is off to play with Martin Scorsese in ancient Rome with a new series, The Caesars.

• Love 1

Oh, he's going to mangle Roman history next?  Beyond the usual Caesar-Mark Antony-Cleopatra drama that he surely won't be able to resist, they'll probably all end up in a group sex thing with characters born centuries later on the other side of the world.  Maybe JRM can badly whisper act his way through the infamous Ides of March assassination.

• Love 3

I thank Hirst for giving us Vikings, so I can't hate on him.  While some episodes haven't been top notch, I think that's to be expected if a show lasts more than a few years, but overall I think it's been a great ride.  This is still my favorite show to watch and I'm looking forward to the final season.  

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 1

I don't hate on Hirst.  I'll always appreciate him for giving us the early seasons of the show, which I really did love.  But I'm also not oblivious to his increasingly playing fast and loose with history especially these last seasons, which is the same reason I took a hard pass on The Tudors.  

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, nodorothyparker said:

I don't hate on Hirst.  I'll always appreciate him for giving us the early seasons of the show, which I really did love.  But I'm also not oblivious to his increasingly playing fast and loose with history especially these last seasons, which is the same reason I took a hard pass on The Tudors.  

Me too.  As soon as I saw who was cast as Henry VIII I decided it wasn't for me. However the first 3, maybe 4 seasons of Vikings are some of my favorite hours of tv.  The show used to be groundbreaking. Superb melding of history and drama. Superb acting. Superb writing. I hate what it has become. 

• Love 1

I still like the show and I really like Alfred and Ubbe.  IMO the show was never perfect, there were always story lines that fell flat.  But Travis Fimmel  was such a strong presence that he made the show seem more perfect than it was.

Right now there is too much of Ivar for me and I could easily do without the entire Floki story line.  Also, some of the acting is not up to par.  Cough, cough, Aethelred. And JRM is making some weird acting choices himself. Maybe all the boozing has fried his brain - he used to be a decent actor in his "Bend It Like Beckham" days.

I also don't like the whole Bjorn story line.  He was always one of my favorites. What happened to his common sense??

• Love 2