Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: I Want This to Be Real

Drogo
  • Start Topic

Yes, production had to have everyone’s permission to film and the phone calls, etc.

But, knowing this production company, here’s how I see it happening:

Megan sees the casting call, knows she’s involved with an inmate and signs up.

Sarah, the wife, same thing.... sees a chance to make money and have her marriage to an inmate play out on TV and signs up.

Michael... and production.... are the only ones who knows there are 2 women involved. Bingo! 

• Love 11
18 hours ago, usernameG said:

I really don't understand why Lizzie and Scott behave like their 19 year-old children are still kids. How they talk about them living with them like a family, taking them swimming at the hotel pooll etc is so weird to me.

I'm guessing they expect their 19 year-old kids to work and pay rent.  Probably the only way they can afford to be in a house.

• Love 6

Am I the only one who saw Caitlyn's Matt and thought *this* is the guy she's going apeshit over?  I assumed the relationship itself was based on more flattering photos of him.  But in person, the guy looked slightly better than a meth head, but not much.  And she's lifting up his shirt to see his body which wasn't anything to be excited over.  He certainly didn't seem to be taking advantage of the prison gym.  Surely there are better looking, non-meth addicts she could hook up with that aren't jailbirds?  And what exactly are they planning to do to support themselves?  Live off his mom's dime?  What does she do for work other than reality show that probably pays nearly nothing?  

• Love 17
7 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Am I the only one who saw Caitlyn's Matt and thought *this* is the guy she's going apeshit over?  I assumed the relationship itself was based on more flattering photos of him.  But in person, the guy looked slightly better than a meth head, but not much.  And she's lifting up his shirt to see his body which wasn't anything to be excited over.  He certainly didn't seem to be taking advantage of the prison gym.  Surely there are better looking, non-meth addicts she could hook up with that aren't jailbirds?  And what exactly are they planning to do to support themselves?  Live off his mom's dime?  What does she do for work other than reality show that probably pays nearly nothing?  

I think she's an administrative assistant. I think I remember seeing that on her title card. 

Matt is both not as attractive as his pictures, and his voice isn't attractive either - it's higher than I would have expected. (I have a thing for low voices, maybe because I have one.) Also, if he hadn't said his drug of choice is meth, I would have guessed (I bet $5 that's where his missing tooth came from). Meth is one of those drugs where the look lingers on you even after you get clean. Fergie is a recovering meth addict many years clean and I can still see it on her face. He's really just whipping his dick out, huh? And are they fucking in the ... I don't know, swamp? Woods?

I wish a motherfucker WOULD tell me "miss [your flight]" when I'm standing IN THE AIRPORT about to check in. She paid for that shit! She must be mortified watching this back now. At least I hope she is. I don't understand why he proposed to her. I fully understand why he conned her - he had two women putting money on his books and visiting him in jail. But why not break it off with her before the proposal? Why propose at all?

Scott is so pitiful. I feel sorry for him.

The Marine's girlfriend has been in prison twice for a total of 7 years and she's only 27? Yikes. I hope she stays out, for the sake of her young son.

• Love 9

Caitlin makes me think of the Seinfeld episode with the woman who, depending on the lighting and angle, is either attractive or hideous.  There are times when she looks like parts of multiple other people's faces were stitched together to make her face.  

What stood out to me this episode was how many of the non-prisoners expected the prisoner to be all about them rather than understanding that someone who has been locked up wants to enjoy a bit of freedom.  While I am sure Lizzy is a terrible human being, I can imagine how great it would feel to float in a pool with no one touching you.  She hasn't been able to have that sensation in a really long time.  Same for the prisoner with the long red hair who wanted to sit in the desert and listen quietly.   For years she has not been able to be fully by herself, outside, with only natural sounds.  Of course, control freak Marcellino barely gave her a moment before it had to be about him. 

Megan (virgin girl) seems to have a great family.  Both her brother and her father seem really grounded.   What happened with her? She did seem rational when talking with her little convict love muffin; at least she was telling him he was acting shady. Unless she now tells him to go to hell, she is still a fool. 

• Love 18
22 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

While I am sure Lizzy is a terrible human being, I can imagine how great it would feel to float in a pool with no one touching you.

I had the same thought. I love the water, I love to swim. Lizzie hasn't been swimming in almost a decade. I mean, she's 100% conning Scott, but I could see how in that moment she'd be like, "look, I haven't been swimming in ages and I'm not thinking about holding your hand right now."

• Love 9
On 12/21/2018 at 7:57 PM, Cammi said:

Matt and Caitlyn will be doing meth together on the ride home. Does she have a baby? What was with the baby footprints tattoo on her back? I hope they buy condoms.

Dead at this succession of sentences.

Vegas Brittany was shockingly articulate and seemingly level-headed for someone participating on this show. The season preview shows them having some issues in coming episodes but who knows, those crazy kids just might make it.

Scott had a moment of clarity that he won't follow through with but its ok because Lizzie will bounce as soon as she can. That valley girl affect of hers is nails on a chalkboard coming from a 40+ year old woman from the Midwest, like girl, please, just no. And I would love to hear from her prison baes to see what they think of her lol.

• Love 5

In some ways I feel sorry for the women.  Statistics show there are more women than men in the US, and it’s even worse for black women who want to marry black men.  (On the show Married at First Sight, one of the experts said it was hard to find black men who wanted to marry black women)  People sugarcoat stuff by saying shit like “just wait for the right guy, he’s coming “.  But in reality some women just won’t get married even if they want to.  And some women just don’t want that to happen to them, so they’ll choose someone in jail, believing an ex convict is better than being alone.

When Meghan’s father and brother scold her, I wonder who have THEY introduced her to.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 10
On 12/24/2018 at 9:02 AM, Neurochick said:

In some ways I feel sorry for the women.  Statistics show there are more women than men in the US, and it’s even worse for black women who want to marry black men.  (On the show Married at First Sight, one of the experts said it was hard to find black men who wanted to marry black women)  People sugarcoat stuff by saying shit like “just wait for the right guy, he’s coming “.  But in reality some women just won’t get married even if they want to.  And some women just don’t want that to happen to them, so they’ll choose someone in jail, believing an ex convict is better than being alone.

When Meghan’s father and brother scold her, I wonder who have THEY introduced her to.

That's a very interesting perspective!

• Love 1
On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:02 AM, Neurochick said:

Didn't Meghan say she needed to bribe her brother to take her to the airport? 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

I can’t wait for tonight’s new episode! I still need to run out to the gas station to buy $100 worth of snacks to fill up my styrofoam cooler! 

And one of every kind of scratch lotto to do during the commercials!

Honestly, all I could imagine was Lizzie vomiting after cramming down all of that ice cream and candy and sugary drinks.  How did she not get sick?

• Love 2
On 12/23/2018 at 8:56 PM, Empress1 said:

I had the same thought. I love the water, I love to swim. Lizzie hasn't been swimming in almost a decade. I mean, she's 100% conning Scott, but I could see how in that moment she'd be like, "look, I haven't been swimming in ages and I'm not thinking about holding your hand right now."

I was thinking the same thing, which is why I don't really feel all that sorry for Scott. Sure, Lizzie is all about Lizzie, but Scott is all about Scott, too. He wants a woman who is completely out of his league, physically, intellectually, and even emotionally. Well, basically, Scott just wants a woman who is out of his league physically, but he hasn't paid attention to the fact that she's smarter or knows how to enjoy herself more because he's so focused on how she is physically, and he himself doesn't possess much in the way of those two other things. Also, he's lied to her. People are tearing Lizzie apart on some of the other groups for basically being what she is, but "poor, pitiful victim" Scott is an adult. Not like he didn't know what he was getting himself into.  And, he's simply not interested in the female equivalent of himself because she wouldn't be attractive enough for him.  Scott is shallow. And, he basically throws a temper tantrum because she doesn't want to sit still and hold his hand and, like, weep into the sunset with him or whatever. 

Lizzie will dump Scott and he will no doubt get some letters from well meaning women, women he will ignore because they don't look like Lizzie.

• Love 10
On 12/28/2018 at 1:53 PM, Drogo said:

Didn't Meghan say she needed to bribe her brother to take her to the airport? 

I suspect our Megan is exaggerating a tad. He probably asked her for gas money. The airport is probably an hour away. She does appear to be on the dramatic side. 

• Love 3

Wow. Just found out my cable company carries this channel. This was the oldest episode left On Demand. I thought 90 Day Fiance was a train wreck. 90DF is a ride in an air conditioned limo compared to this.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 12/22/2018 at 12:50 PM, JenE4 said:

I feel really cheated that we didn’t get a scene of the virgin and the wife standing side-by-side outside the prison getting increasingly suspicious that the other is also traveling with camera crew. I know producer involvement in reality shows may vary, but how someone in the crew isn’t insisting the virgin get on that plane is beyond me. I’m still holding out hope, there! A storm’s a-brewin’ in that ladies’ room!

I too was sorely disappointed at the prospect of losing such a golden moment and I completely blame the producers.  Maybe they are making us wait, because they absolutely should have bribed Michael with some ramen money not to make that call.  No way does this season not involve a showdown.

On 12/22/2018 at 4:18 PM, zillabreeze said:

That's a stretch.  Judging from her delusion of shoving herself into that swimsuit...I suspect Ms. Lizzie has a mindseye pic of herself when she WENT into the clink.

She is now "rode hard and hung up wet". Hardly a candidate for the local trust fund boy looking for a trophy wife.  That ship has sailed.  

I admire her confidence though.  I would not have been traipsing around in that 2 piece.  No siree

On 12/22/2018 at 6:27 PM, Reality police said:

That's the same reason I watch Hoarders periodically. It either spurs me on to clear out some stuff or makes me feel good that I can see my furniture and floors. 

The lady who pooped in a bag and then stacked the bags of poop in her bathroom is a guaranteed way to raise anyone's self esteem.

On 12/23/2018 at 9:28 AM, sasha206 said:

I'm guessing they expect their 19 year-old kids to work and pay rent.  Probably the only way they can afford to be in a house.

I think Scott is going to be driving long haul trucks with Lizzie's blessing and probably cajoling.

Jazmynes grandparents are going to put their foot down and have her come back home 

Adam will probably work and go to school so he can be out of that house.  Lizzie seems like exactly the type that will be prancing around in very little clothing and flirting with Adam because he is young and cute and not wowed by her bullshit.  She has an endless need for drama and male attention.  

With everyone gone Lizzie will be sexing up random guys in every one of those four bedrooms.

On 12/23/2018 at 9:47 AM, sasha206 said:

It's hard for me to see past that missing tooth.  That's an important one because it's right up front.  

I suspect they will live at Mom's place and Caitlin's job as an adminstrative assistant.  I really liked his mother, and I feel like she might enjoy having someone who isn't an angry drug addict to keep her company.  Caitlin could use some real mothering so it might all work out when he invariably goes back to the pokey....where he will thrive!!

• Love 4