Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: The $12,000 Lie

Drogo
  • Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Hannah94 said:

But she's been "dating him" for over a year. They have literally never been on a date, so how does she use the term "dating" in this situation? I actually feel embarrassed for her while watching her. I cringe and want to say to her "omg, please please stop talking. You sound like such a HUGE fkn idiot."

I can't imagine her life now and her parents lives. How do you face people after this?

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

Felonce.

Felonce` ...  I love punctuation.

10 hours ago, Kangatush said:

He did blink, it's a gif, not a pic.  :)

I knew he blinked.  I knew it was a gif.  I thought it was funny to make him NOT blink and act like I must have been seeing things.   Sorry...sometimes my jokes fall with a thud.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 5

I am here for the storyline of the guy with the wife and the virgin fiancé in heavy training to lose her virginity. This was such an incredible slow reveal of details—hmm the child’s name is the same, he’s married(?!), he married in October and THEN started “dating” the virgin in December?!? This show has everything!! I wish I had a gif of Lizzie tumbling whatshisface into a ditch! And as if that Olympic-level flip and roll wasn’t enough—he lost his bridge! This show is a thing of beauty. 

• Love 13
On 12/15/2018 at 5:12 PM, psychoticstate said:

Speaking of - - what is so great about this Michael guy that he has two chicks pining away for him?  So his baby mama Sarah - - a rough looking 24, IMO - - actually married him in prison in October.  And Megan was "dating" him by December.  I am actually cringing at the thought that Megan is going to hand over her V-card to this loser - - and the film crew is going to let it happen.  Somebody needs to tell her that this POS is married.   Honestly, how is Michael going to pull this off?  Is he telling Sarah his real release date and she'll be the one to meet him outside the prison?  And then he's going to slip away from her to meet up with Megan?  And what is he telling Megan to keep her away from the prison?  I really hope that Sarah busts in on them before any kind of action can be accomplished.  He needs to be confronted by both women before he can come up with some lie to tell each.  He's gross.

The new guy - - can't remember his name but he's former military and a former model - - seems like a nice, decent guy who is probably going to have the shit kicked out of him by this chick -- Brittany?  A repeat offender and someone who has been in past relationships with other women.  She must be the one we've seen in previews who's sucking another woman's face in front of the man.  Run.  Just run, 

I enjoyed your nice long post. I get a real Nicole 2.0 vibe from Sarah, idk, anyone else? She's definitely living with Mom, or maybe it's Grandma's place. She's fortunate to have a lot of family support. From her timeline though, she barely knows this guy, Michael, and it'll be interesting with him living there with all the family. 

I like the new guy, ex-marine, so far. He acts like he's totally got his shit together, but there's got to be something seriously twisted in his brain, or as a poster upthread diagnosed it, magical thinking, if he plans on changing Brittany.

LAL should be 2 hours because there are so many prison stories going on at once. So yeah, what happened with Tony & Angela? 

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

This show has everything!! I wish I had a gif of Lizzie tumbling whatshisface into a ditch! And as if that Olympic-level flip and roll wasn’t enough—he lost his bridge! This show is a thing of beauty. 

And Lizzie generously offering her solution, "don't worry babe, we'll get you some new teeth." Cannot stand that woman! 

• Love 5

It’s all about fantasy but that only works when there is an impediment to being together. Once his angry ass gets out, she’s in for a world of hurt with this guy. To hear a young woman saying she has nothing else going for her in her life and she has given herself totally to this guy is just so sad and shows how seriously damaged she is

Agree on both these points. I think the appeal of  a prison romance is in the idea that they are star-crossed lovers, separated by a cruel fate, with prison walls keeping their love from its true fruition. It's the Romeo and Juliet effect. It's the same thing that can make some long-distance relationships last. I'm sure there's also an element of being "the only one" that truly "understands" the poor misunderstood criminal.

Also, that desire to marry immediately has to be part of it. They want this person to stay locked up and locked down, that's just how they like it. Freedom means their beloved may actually start looking around at what else is out there.

But once reality intrudes, it intrudes big time. And yes, as stupid as I think Caitlyn is (and all these characters, really, are), I also feel incredibly sorry for her. She has pinned her entire life on a violent, multiple felon who is already mean and controlling to her.

I like the new guy, ex-marine, so far. He acts like he's totally got his shit together, but there's got to be something seriously twisted in his brain, or as a poster upthread diagnosed it, magical thinking, if he plans on changing Brittany.

I actually liked his little speech about giving up sex and lust so that he could focus on deeper connections. I thought that was really a self-aware and great move. But THEN he decides that he's going to have this "deep connection" with a six-time or whatever druggy, felon, prison cutie? OK, buddy, sure. I liked his friend. Like the other friends, he appears levelheaded and properly skeptical.

I DEMAND more Tony and Angela!!! She is sooooo delusional...She and Scott need to meet up, commiserate and hang out together.

Maybe they're delaying it because Tony got out, took one look at his blushing bride and booked for the hills as fast as his little felonious legs could carry him. I think Tony has many, many women on the hook sending him money and is biding his time to see which one is the sweetest sugar mama. Angela probably doesn't make enough moolah for him. 

Edited by Marsupial
spelling
  • Love 10

myka92, what you posted is what I thought, that if the person leaving prison doesn't have someone picking them up, they are taken to the closest Greyhound station and put on a bus. Don't they also get a small amount of cash? That's why I agree, they obviously left something out of that scene. 

Speaking of - - what is so great about this Michael guy that he has two chicks pining away for him? 

This is what I ask myself every time I watch Jerry Springer. It's always two reasonably attractive to incredibly hot women (with jobs and lives) fighting over some scrawny, jobless, toothless, slack-jawed lump. 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Marsupial said:

myka92, what you posted is what I thought, that if the person leaving prison doesn't have someone picking them up, they are taken to the closest Greyhound station and put on a bus. Don't they also get a small amount of cash? That's why I agree, they obviously left something out of that scene. 

This is what I ask myself every time I watch Jerry Springer. It's always two reasonably attractive to incredibly hot women (with jobs and lives) fighting over some scrawny, jobless, toothless, slack-jawed lump. 

Maybe they are hung.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Marsupial said:

THEN he decides that he's going to have this "deep connection" with a six-time or whatever druggy, felon, prison cutie?

This guy is REALLY into being the hero. Now that he's out of the military and can't literally put his life on the line for others, he's going to save the most challenging princess in America.

When he talked about being 40 and it's the time in his life for a serious relationship, I was like, "DON'T HAVE CHILDREN WITH HER!!" That's totally what's on his mind. Speaking of which, let's hope and pray that Lizzie doesn't have any fertility left. No more innocent kids need to be thrown into that mess.

• Love 8

This show is like early Christmas gift.   I havent memorized the names yet so here it goes...

1) the lady who jumped on the man who lost his bridge....shouldnt she have run to her daughter first? She'd been in jail since her daughter was 9...If I was her daughter I'd be pissed.  You cant go run jumping on an old man like that.  He could have broken a hip or something.

2) what's with the top secret "released into the community" non-sense.  What are they released into the wild like Turkeys, snakes, butterflies?

3) $12,000 on phone calls.  Are you serious?  Virgin training?  combined with fact that her man is married already with a kid.  Wait til she finds out about her sister wife.  

• Love 11

I live for this show.  Now, I have been lucky not to have dental work done like Scott, but to me, it seems like he was just sporting a flapper instead of a bridge ? No worries says Lizzie, here is a paper clip and chicklet for the fix, now give her the drug money,  I wonder if the Hobbs guy had a TBI or something ?  I was surprised that someone upthread said the ex wife who looked like she had her shit together has an arrest record for fraud , and yet she is a supervisor or manager at a hotel ?  Must be one of them no-tell motels.  I also wish this was 2 hours.  Too bad I kinda dig my hubs, otherwise I could have wound up listening to music for the over 30's crowd whilst trolling meet an inmate dot com

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

the ex wife who looked like she had her shit together has an arrest record for fraud , and yet she is a supervisor or manager at a hotel ? 

I wonder how many people in Hobbs, NM are willing to show up sober, showered, and on time for minimum wage. If you can do that, you may be in the top 10%.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, vmcd88 said:

2) what's with the top secret "released into the community" non-sense.  What are they released into the wild like Turkeys, snakes, butterflies?

They don’t want the actual releases on film, on TV. That’s why they dump them on the side of the road.

• Love 1
On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 7:12 AM, IvySpice said:

This guy is REALLY into being the hero. Now that he's out of the military and can't literally put his life on the line for others, he's going to save the most challenging princess in America.

When he talked about being 40 and it's the time in his life for a serious relationship, I was like, "DON'T HAVE CHILDREN WITH HER!!" That's totally what's on his mind. Speaking of which, let's hope and pray that Lizzie doesn't have any fertility left. No more innocent kids need to be thrown into that mess.

I think I might be the only one who isn't feeling Captain Save A Ho.  The fact that he would go out of his way to look for a woman serving time when there's no shortage of normal, nice women willing to date him is concerning.  Something about him is just....off.   He seems extremely controlling to me and looks at Brittney as a "project" not an actual person.  He's in love with his idea of who she SHOULD be, not who she actually is.   I see MAJOR problems for them in the future.  She's getting out of prison after nearly a decade, something tells me she's not looking for a warden in different clothes, KWIM?

• Love 18
2 hours ago, lezlers said:

I think I might be the only one who isn't feeling Captain Save A Ho. 

Did you take my post as praise for him? Hell no. Of course this is a project -- a really hard one! That's why he's so into it. She plays a role in his story about himself.

• Love 1
On 12/16/2018 at 7:44 PM, Rt66vintage said:

And Lizzie generously offering her solution, "don't worry babe, we'll get you some new teeth." Cannot stand that woman! 

This made me laugh and think of another trainwreck show called Prison Wives that was one for one season on ID I think. One of the women-- who I LOVED most of all-- had a dude with something of a complicated story but in any case, she apparently fell in love with him after getting letters and said something in a talking head like, "I don't care if he has no teeth. We can get him some teeth." It was very funny at the time and your post reminded me of that scene.

On 12/16/2018 at 8:44 PM, Marsupial said:

Agree on both these points. I think the appeal of  a prison romance is in the idea that they are star-crossed lovers, separated by a cruel fate, with prison walls keeping their love from its true fruition. It's the Romeo and Juliet effect. It's the same thing that can make some long-distance relationships last. I'm sure there's also an element of being "the only one" that truly "understands" the poor misunderstood criminal.

Exactly. It's just bizarre to hear them say how "unfair" it is that they can't be together as if some force from the universe is depriving them for fun. Um, no, it's about that murder/robbery/etc. that was committed, genius. We see this on the 90 Day Fiance shows too when a person falls in "love" with someone from another country, that person has issues getting a K1 visa because of prior bad acts or whatever and the whining about how "unfair" it is for [insert person/agency to get blamed here] "preventing us from being together." If any of these people are not allowed to leave the area because of parole or some restriction or other, that will undoubtedly be viewed by these "lovebirds" as once again some unfairness directed at them and some force trying to "deny their love." Oy vey.

2 hours ago, lezlers said:

I think I might be the only one who isn't feeling Captain Save A Ho.  The fact that he would go out of his way to look for a woman serving time when there's no shortage of normal, nice women willing to date him is concerning.  Something about him is just....off.   He seems extremely controlling to me and looks at Brittney as a "project" not an actual person.  He's in love with his idea of who she SHOULD be, not who she actually is.   I see MAJOR problems for them in the future.  She's getting out of prison after nearly a decade, something tells me she's not looking for a warden in different clothes, KWIM?

There is something scary about that guy. I got hit with that feeling as soon as he started talking. He seems the type that will expect her eternal gratitude which typically in these situations means she has no opinion about anything, obeys and worships him without question and has no independent thoughts at all. Should be interesting to see what unfolds with these two. 

Edited by configdotsys
spelling and clarity
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

This made me laugh and think of another trainwreck show called Prison Wives that was one for one season on ID I think. One of the women-- who I LOVED most of all-- had a dude with something of a complicated story but in any case, she apparently fell in love with him after getting letters and said something in a talking head like, "I don't care if he has no teeth. We can get him some teeth." It was very funny at the time and your post reminded me of that scene.

Exactly. It's just bizarre to hear them say how "unfair" it is that they can't be together as if some force from the universe is depriving them for fun. Um, no, it's about that murder/robbery/etc. that was committed, genius. We see this on the 90 Day Fiance shows too when a person falls in "love" with someone from another country, that person has issues getting a K1 visa because of prior bad acts or whatever and the whining about how "unfair" it is for [insert person/agency to get blamed here] "preventing us from being together." If any of these people are not allowed to leave the area because of parole or some restriction or other, that will undoubtedly be viewed by these "lovebirds" as once again some unfairness directed at them and some force trying to "deny their love." Oy vey.

There is something scary about that guy. I got hit with that feeling as soon as he started talking. He seems the type that will expect her eternal gratitude which typically in these situations means she has no opinion about anything, obeys and worships him without question and has no independent thoughts at all. Should be interesting to see what unfolds with these two. 

OMG, loved prison wives as well.. 

the love you speak of, the denial of being together is so true, especially with the one that obviously is allergic to tissues  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, lezlers said:

You are not alone. 

• Love 6
On 12/18/2018 at 3:32 PM, Reality police said:

You are not alone. 

Absolutely not...and Captain Save-a-Ho fits him to a tee. If anyone's familiar with the song and the little part at the end when the guy is talking on the phone to the girl talking about all the things he's going to do for her "matter of fact I'll get you a cellular phone!...and a pager!" hahahahaha. Him and Scott are cut from the same cloth, got to be needed. An accomplished woman with a career and a good head on her shoulders would make them go limp. 

And as someone with issues with my mother putting other people ahead of me, that scene of Lizzie running right past her daughter, who she hasn't seen in over 10 years, hit me right in the gut. And when she did acknowledge her it was awkward af. Poor Jasmyne (?) is so desperate for a relationship with that b*tch. She really needs to cut her losses and distance herself.

• Love 11

I am so excited for the new episode tonight! That new guy, the marine, gives me the creeps in a really bad way-like the hair on the back of my next stands up. 

Angela (is that her name?) is only about 42 years old? If she’s not lying, that’s some real hard living right there. She’s a walking PSA about the bad effects of smoking, not wearing sunscreen, and not taking care of yourself in general.

See y’all in a few hours! 

• Love 2
On 12/18/2018 at 3:15 PM, lezlers said:

I think I might be the only one who isn't feeling Captain Save A Ho. 

I am not picking up what he is putting down, either.  Way too controlling and will demand to be shown gratitude in everything he does for her.  Not in a sexual way, but in an emotional and controlling way.

• Love 3

I’m late to the party and am having a mini binge fest (four episodes! Whoo hoo!). 

Maybe this is addressed in the next episode, but my initial thought about the “Matt being released confusion” is that he was SO mad at her for being at his mom’s house, he changed his own exit plan without notifying her.

I suspect he probably told someone on staff that his ride fell through and proceeded with the “Greyhound station drop off” option just to screw with Caitlin and show her who is “really in charge.”

• Love 3
On 12/14/2018 at 10:08 PM, hookedontv said:

As for Clint, WTH? He’s 37, and his mommy has to hand him a credit card and also takes the engagement ring that he supposedly bought out of a drawer in her house and hands that to him too. Something is really off with this guy. 

He looks like a kewpie doll that grew up, discovered meth, and wound up on skid row. That hair! Seriously, I'm guessing head injury. His parents are very protective of him, far more so that one would be for a 37 year old man, even one with a string of bad decisions behind him. 

On 12/15/2018 at 10:38 AM, Hannah94 said:

I felt the same. She walked right past her daughter and threw her fat ass with her double H implants onto her Rabbit boyfriend with two teeth left. Who is that prison skank going to turn to once she realizes he is dead broke? No one wants you, Lizzie. You are gross. She will be back in prison within a few months; I am willing to bet money on this, if anyone is game. 

She is beneath contempt. She knows her daughter will love her anyway, because kids love their parents. She has to really nail down poor dumb trusting Scott. 

On 12/15/2018 at 12:02 PM, sempervivum said:

Her teeth and skin are too good. 

I think she has some kind of personality disorder,  but I'm not sure which one. She's almost childishly emotional, as well as being mired in 'magical thinking'. 

Her histrionic caterwauling by the side of the road made me actively uncomfortable. Girl. I know you're excited, but please try to keep the howling to a minimum.

On 12/15/2018 at 12:34 PM, IvySpice said:

Sarah the Baby Mama was chasing that baby through a very nice house, too. Even in Farmington, NY, some student single mom shouldn’t be able to afford that. Maybe her parents/grandma are paying the bills. If she has those kinds of advantages, she shouldn’t be with that loser, either.

A house with a pool doesn’t make any sense in Kenosha, Wisconsin. You can use it like two months out of the year, and those same two months, you can go to nice beaches for free.

Why is Sarah in NY at all? Dream man Michael is incarcerated in Michigan and is from there. How did they meet? Sarah must be living with family in NY. 

On 12/15/2018 at 6:44 PM, SevenCostanza said:

I was thinking the same thing.  His face kind of lit up when he saw her, it's the first time I've seen him look a little happy.  I'm sure having Scott for a father is exhausting.

I cannot think of anything worse for either Adam or Jasmine than for them to get together. With both their crazy parents in the background? Maybe for now those two can be friends, and allies. I devoutly hope that Adam's momentary look of happiness was just relief that he'd have someone his own age to talk to, who would understand his feelings about this whole fucked up situation. But anything more would be a disaster. Imagine when Scott and Lizzie fight and break up and make up again countless times as we all know they're going to do. They'd be forced to take sides. 

On 12/15/2018 at 10:19 PM, KnoxForPres said:

Yeah I know the title and what she said. My real question is why did he make post release plans?  It doesnt make sense to me. 

He was just going along, hoping something would happen. Suddenly it was release day and he had to take the bull by the horns. He'll ghost her in the end. 

• Love 4
On 12/15/2018 at 9:17 PM, Spike said:

I thought bridges are cemented in with super strong cement.  Maybe that was just a crown?

Both can be cemented in (I have both).  Removable bridges are more likely to be classified as partial dentures, and are much less expensive.  Scott probably didn't want to spend money on his dental health when Lizzie needed drugs and cell phones in prison.  What a guy!

• Love 5
On 12/31/2018 at 1:21 PM, Pepper Mostly said:
On 12/15/2018 at 10:34 AM, IvySpice said:

Sarah the Baby Mama was chasing that baby through a very nice house, too. Even in Farmington, NY, some student single mom shouldn’t be able to afford that. Maybe her parents/grandma are paying the bills. If she has those kinds of advantages, she shouldn’t be with that loser, either.

A house with a pool doesn’t make any sense in Kenosha, Wisconsin. You can use it like two months out of the year, and those same two months, you can go to nice beaches for free.

Why is Sarah in NY at all? Dream man Michael is incarcerated in Michigan and is from there. How did they meet? Sarah must be living with family in NY. 

It looked like a granny's house when their story first aired.  In the most recent episode, they were going to her grandmother's house...so that must be where she lives and who is helping to support them.

On 12/18/2018 at 1:15 PM, lezlers said:

I see MAJOR problems for them in the future.  She's getting out of prison after nearly a decade, something tells me she's not looking for a warden in different clothes, KWIM?

I see PRISON in his future--just hope she's not left with lasting injuries...and that she's ALIVE!

• Love 1
On 12/14/2018 at 10:17 PM, ChristmasJones said:

Its hard to believe some of these people are real....yet I'm still not getting a strong "I wanna be an actor" vibe from any of them so far.

I'm feeling it a bit from Caitlin.  She is just a little too over the top and cute by half.  And she isn't pushing marriage, which is what these women who are crazy would normally do.

• Love 1
On 12/15/2018 at 2:21 PM, Cammi said:

Anyone else rooting for Scott's son and Lizzie's daughter to get together? They'd make a cute couple. And they seem like they both have more sense than their parents 

OMG, I felt so bad for thinking the EXACT SAME THING!  

On 12/15/2018 at 8:17 PM, Spike said:

I thought bridges are cemented in with super strong cement.  Maybe that was just a crown?

Clint looks like an emaciated Danny Bonaduce.  He’s 37 but looks like 60.  Maybe those are not his parents but his siblings.

He looks awful for 37.  He may have spent too much time in the sun?  Staring at it maybe?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 12/17/2018 at 12:12 PM, vmcd88 said:

This show is like early Christmas gift.   I havent memorized the names yet so here it goes...

1) the lady who jumped on the man who lost his bridge....shouldnt she have run to her daughter first? She'd been in jail since her daughter was 9...If I was her daughter I'd be pissed.  You cant go run jumping on an old man like that.  He could have broken a hip or something.

3) $12,000 on phone calls.  Are you serious?  Virgin training?  combined with fact that her man is married already with a kid.  Wait til she finds out about her sister wife.  

How much phone time do you get for 12,000 bucks?  I know prison phone calls are expensive and it's a racket, but dang, if I'm on the phone too long my ears get too itchy, I could never "date" and inmate.

• Love 1
On 12/14/2018 at 11:07 PM, mybuddyspence said:

Poor Caitlyn. She is one hot mess and I was shocked to hear her say she can't wait to have his babies. Her friend was quite the little lady too, telling her to shut the fuck up. 

She needs to take care of the child she has and not worrying about her belly full of imaginary babies. 

• Love 2