Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: MAFS: Happily Ever After?

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

She has low self-esteem and it's sad. In five years I see them still married and sharing the same house but basically living separate lives. Jephte has young girlfriends and Shawniece turns a blind eye.

Very respectfully disagree! There's no way Shawniece and especially her mom would tolerate Mr. Delusional Quarterlife Crisis openly parading 20-year-old self-proclaimed Instagram models around, especially with small kids. More likely Shawniece will wind up with chlamydia and discover Jephte's secret Tinder profile.

19 hours ago, Crazy Bird Lady said:

It was after he said that he would like to stay married to her so their daughter could have the same mother as his other kids.

I don't get his logic. So he thinks Shawniece is just going to put up with him staring dead eyed into the void of their forcibly loveless marriage for 15 or 25 years out of spite to make sure HIS (not their) kids won't grow up in a divorced household? Shawniece is just an empty vessel to fulfill his idealized fantasy of fatherhood and nothing else.

Edited by SnarkEnthusiast
  • Love 4

Finally watched the episode.

Dog Report: Keke needs to be trained. Lifetime needs to spend production money and get Shawniece a dog trainer just for her sanity's sake....the cameraperson's sake, the production assistants' sake, the soundman's sake with all her yapping. Lots of second takes with Keke around....

We get it...Danielle is emotionally constipated EXCEPT for Henry...

However, how many times do we have to see Danielle go on and on about Henry speaking about him like he is more important than Bobby...in front of Bobby...

Glad Shawniece made Danielle look stupid in front of the group.

Would love to be with the Fam watching that scene in Texas...Mama Dodd tsk tsking and shaking her head as Danielle disrespects her baby son...

Annoyed and sad that Bobby is happy to grovel for the crumbs of affection at Danielle's feet....

Bobby, stop making it easy for her to treat you like dirt... stop saying "she's improved from 6 months ago"........she doesn't give two shits for your feelings...

Danielle, your love for Bobby IS NOT implied because you are having his baby and are with him (you and Jephte are twins but on opposite sides of the uterus)....no one is taking that leap that you even acknowledge his existence when the camera's red light is off....except to sign real estate papers...

Shameful the way you are treating him in front of the world...hope your Lifetime paycheck is big enough to justify humiliating a good person like Bobby.....

How many damn times do you need to be told that Sappy Bobby needs you to tell him your feelings?

How hard headed are you going to be about being emotionally distant and leaving Bobby's heart hung out to dry?

Danielle, if you run out of fans on this basic cable show then the Lifetime money will stop....

Predictions for Season 2 of MAFS: Happily...

Ashley's and Anthony's Baby Antonia will have a shock of black hair like Daddy Anthony...

Bobby will be pour all his affection to Baby Bobette who will be a Daddy's girl, have red hair like Daddy and will only settle down for Daddy.

Bobette will have that high pitched shrieking cry of distress when Danielle holds her....

Shawniece and Jephte will still be married and will announce a second baby at the finale of the Season 2 of Happily....

Anybody thinking that Danielle is exactly like Mama Dodd...mirroring what Bobby is used to seeing in his childhood... with Papa Dodd groveling for Toot's love?

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 4
On 12/13/2018 at 5:01 PM, LilaFowler said:

Didn't Danielle say that in past relationships she was the one who said "I love you" first? I don't think she's emotionally stunted, I just think Bobby doesn't really do it for her. I think they will split when Danielle meets a man who lights her fire and she can't help herself. Poor Bobby is doomed.

Shawniece doesn't do it for Jephte and I believe that he has said as much. Right now he's torn between not wanting to be in a relationship that he doesn't want versus not wanting to have his own place and co-parent. Shawniece is the cooking, cleaning doormat/Bobby in that relationship. They might not split though, as Shawniece has already taken him back after he has done so much to hurt her. She has low self-esteem and it's sad. In five years I see them still married and sharing the same house but basically living separate lives. Jephte has young girlfriends and Shawniece turns a blind eye.

That's how I feel. She likes the guy enough and was desperate to settle down (why else go on the show), but she is really not into him.

• Love 2
On 12/11/2018 at 11:46 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Danielle sure got her perfect match but Bobby sure didn’t.

How sad that when prompted to give Bobby a compliment she hemmed and hawed and then came up with “You’re a good dog dad”. What choice does he have?

With Danielle, it’s all me, me, me. She already wants to be knocked out for labor and delivery, stop breastfeeding when baby gets teeth, etc. There won’t be anything left for Bobby. This is your life now.

It’s not unusual for women to want these things necessarily but in context of how she is so demanding about her comfort and her way in other areas, it just adds another layer to her selfishness. 

And Danielle getting all jealous because Ashley is moving. Their place is way smaller than what Danielle has so I think it’s reasonable to want to move.  For Danielle, it’s just her whim that she should have everything exactly how she wants and it looks like she’s getting it. Way to go, princess. 

Yep, I knew Danielle was going to be jealous of Ashley. Maybe Danielle would like to switch places with Ashley and spend 2 years living in a small apartment instead of living in a house that's modest but has adequate space and is affordable regardless of what they end up doing once the baby is born. And maybe she'd like to actually save for a down payment like Ashley and Anthony did. 

I guess she missed all that went into Ashley and Anthony buying their house. 

• Love 5
On 12/12/2018 at 5:19 PM, gonecrackers said:

I think Danielle's voice is getting squeakier & more annoying each episode.

Yeah, Danielle you’re in a house that Bobby owns; they were in a small apt; different situations. She's very spoiled & demanding.

I'm at the point where I feel her lack of compliments has to be contrived, but it comes off quite cruel & he’s stupid to be okay with it.

Induction for no reason for Ashley because she doesn't like surprises - ridiculous. Also ridiculous- Danielle wants to go back to twilight sleep days.

What fathers get 2 weeks off ?  One should’ve been enough, & they both have huge families so someone could’ve been helping.

Cal is an idiot & full of stupid crap; “speaking positivity” is a bunch of BS & won't make anyone become in love.

Saying they have an “incredible marriage” is incredibly stupid.

Ashley's picnic tablecloth top was distracting.

I definitely have & totally understand it.

Lots of dads get 2 weeks of parental leave and some get more. Parental leave laws in the United States are actually far behind many other countries. I'm not sure why you say one week should have been enough since everyone's needs are different. What's wrong with dads being more involved in newborn parenting regardless of how much extended family a couple has? 

Not saying Shawniece hasn't gotten or won't get help from family but parental leave is for the actual parents, and other family members who could help aren't guaranteed to be able to take off at the last minute. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, love2lovebadtv said:

Lots of dads get 2 weeks of parental leave and some get more. Parental leave laws in the United States are actually far behind many other countries.

Actually, federal FMLA law gives Dads the same amount of time off as moms for maternity/parental leave.  It varies by state as to how much but usually between 8 - 12 weeks in companies with more than 50 employees (some states lower it to 6).   This is an unpaid leave, though.  All FMLA does is protect your job, vacation accrual and benefits for the time you're away so that they don't fire you for taking off.  Some states give you the option to lengthen that leave if necessary.  Only 6% of companies in the US offer any paid parental leave themselves and only a handful of states including California, New Jersey, New York and Rhode Island require any kind of paid parental leave, which is usually a percentage of the person's salary, similar to disability.  Making things more confusing, for women, in some cases they can get short term disability concurrent with their FMLA for medical issues.  Like if their doctors say they shouldn't work in their third trimester, or need bed rest post-delivery for an amount of time, they can apply for short term disability on medical grounds and potentially get a percentage of their salary for at least that part of the time they're off until their doctor deems them medically able to work.  Of course, that particular option doesn't apply to fathers.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, love2lovebadtv said:

Lots of dads get 2 weeks of parental leave and some get more. Parental leave laws in the United States are actually far behind many other countries. I'm not sure why you say one week should have been enough since everyone's needs are different. What's wrong with dads being more involved in newborn parenting regardless of how much extended family a couple has? 

Not saying Shawniece hasn't gotten or won't get help from family but parental leave is for the actual parents, and other family members who could help aren't guaranteed to be able to take off at the last minute. 

It's perfectly lovely if he can do it & is willing, but this is not the case for everyone.