Type keyword(s) to search

S37.E13: Finale

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

(Angelina voice)  Can you guys just indulge me for a second?  Here are my notes while I was watching this finale:

Daviestated.

For a doctor Alison is a fucking idiot.  The most useless person on this show.  More than Natalie.  More than anyone.  (This is me watching challenge after challenge of her being terrible at them. Puzzles.  Physical.  It doesn't matter.)

Alison hAS THE F*ING NERVE TO CALL NICK A BABY.  ALISON.  YOU ARE A FUCKING BABY.  GROW THE FUCK UP!

Could Nick have given Davie his immunity necklace AFTER THE VOTES WERE MADE?  (Before Jeff reads them.)   I know that Nick and Davie seemed to be sleeping through Tribal Council to even think of this, but do the rules allow it?  I can't forgive Nick and Davie for being asleep on this.  My heart is broken.  

Mike - what a prick.  (This was when he harangued Alison at Tribal Council.)

Christian is so handsome.

(Angelina voice)  Thanks, guys.

A lot of you guys spoke about how stupid it was for the Davids to keep giving up their majority or even even numbers, and now, I must very much agree with you.  Mike never wanted those Davids around, that was for damn sure.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 18

Just an observation. When Angelina doesn't get her way and she gets upset, she has been called whiny, pouty, throwing a tantrum, etc.  Nick gets blindsided tonight and gets upset and nary a word of criticism.  And this is not the first time with Nick either.

Just sayin.

• Love 17
31 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Could Nick have given Davie his immunity necklace AFTER THE VOTES WERE MADE?

Nick blew his HII last week. And the immunity necklace from the challenge is non transferable.

• Love 4

Good end to a good season. This might even be classified as "feel-good," given the lack of animosity between the players. To be fair, I am about a month from watching the latest season of The Challenge. A thirty-man bumfight rumble would have more decorum than that shit.

Good Final 3. Nick is the last David standing and slays the remaining Goliaths (or at least outlasted the last two). White Mike gets $100K, becomes the second ex-Racer to make to Day 39, and nobody brought up The Emoji Movie. Angelina . . . will be bitched about for a few months, then be forgotten by May, when at least ten players are murdered, because the scales have to be balanced. Seriously, I reckon Angelina is a descendant of Jerri. Remember when we really hated her guts?

As far as returning players, Davie and Christian are locks, right? Davie is fun and classy. He says a prayer before casting his final vote, and it wasn't for himself. Wait, so you can believe in God and not be a jerk about it?!? Christian might bug, but I think he gets more love than Cochran did after his first season. That said, he looks better with facial hair.

Another thing about Mike . . . he and Natalie ran in the same two TAR seasons; 14 & 18. Eerie, right?

This was a fun season. Edge of Extinction will prove to be a bloodbath by comparison.

Oh, and Zeke looks good. I still can't get over how he wasn't born male, in the sense that I have slightly more body hair. I'm happy he's happy.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Lantern7 said:

As far as returning players, Davie and Christian are locks, right? Davie is fun and classy. He says a prayer before casting his final vote, and it wasn't for himself. Wait, so you can believe in God and not be a jerk about it?!? Christian might bug, but I think he gets more love than Cochran did after his first season. That said, he looks better with facial hair.

Jeff Probst stated that the player he most wants to see return is everyone's favorite Angelina. After that Christian. I am sure Davie is high on the list as well.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, LanceM said:

Just an observation. When Angelina doesn't get her way and she gets upset, she has been called whiny, pouty, throwing a tantrum, etc.  Nick gets blindsided tonight and gets upset and nary a word of criticism.  And this is not the first time with Nick either.

Just sayin.

Angelina gets visibly pouty in front of the people she’s talking to, Nick reserved his reactions for interviews.

• Love 5

Great season and great winner! 

This season’s creative editing pulled through all the way to the end - in prior seasons I think they would have shown 3 votes as they were made for both Nick and Mike, so when they showed only 1 each I figured Nick got the rest. So my heart stopped for a minute when the second Mike vote came up. Got me, editors!

That is the first time I can remember the jury applauding the finalists at the end of final tribal council, but I haven’t seen every season. This cast was so great.

Last thought: they took a real risk with this theme - I think it could have been a tough narrative to sell had the Goliaths dominated everything and a Goliath won. Glad they took the chance because it made for a great season!!!

• Love 15
1 minute ago, ljenkins782 said:

Angelina gets visibly pouty in front of the people she’s talking to, Nick reserved his reactions for interviews.

OH, Nick let loose wiht Angelina on the beach. You could hear their conversation back at camp. He was seriously pissed and venting.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, LanceM said:

Just sayin.

Of all the criticism thrown at Angelina these aren't ones I've really heard (whiny, maybe) but replace her with Gabby and I 100% see your point. She hasn't even been on the show in a couple of weeks and she's still getting flack for being emotional and impulsive. Nick does it and it's understandable and doesn't get a mention. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, ljenkins782 said:

No he doesn't. He was pouty after the Davie vote tonight.  So much so the Kara, Allison and Mike were calling him a big baby.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, ProfCrash said:

OH, Nick let loose wiht Angelina on the beach. You could hear their conversation back at camp. He was seriously pissed and venting.

Lol, I missed several portions of the show due to mis-timing the commercial lengths, so I missed that one! 

Angelina's been upset?  LOL.  Really?  If so it's been a loooooong time since we've even seen that.  She's handled disappointment after disappointment with aplomb.

I like Nick, but he's incredibly emotional.  I don't mean that in a bad way - he wears every single emotion on his sleeve.  I don't see anything wrong with it, but I didn't hate Natalie or Gabby or Carl for it either.  The only person I hated on for emotional reactions was Alison because I think she's an annoying hypocrite, and Mike at that one TC.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 12

Overall I feel like this season had a mediocre beginning, a stellar middle and then petered out of steam towards the end. Nick winning was the best of a bad bunch by the finale but he's far from a favourite for me. Still, I appreciate that almost everyone played hard and the jury wasn't bitter, and there were some great moments.

The finale was... fine, but not really in keeping with the rest of the season. Lots of lights and cameras but not much action, unlike the rest of the season.

Angelina's Big Idol Moment stands as one of the more ridiculous things she's ever done, and... telling people about it? Like saying 'I want a correct idol play on my resume for the FTC' to her competitors? Who may have been sitting next to her at that FTC? Really? I know she had to tell people to make it work but it was still utterly ridiculous. I just wish Alison had pretended to be 100% fooled by that idol and then played it on Angelina as a show of solidarity, thus forcing Angelina to have to pipe up and explain her ridiculous plan. 

I am glad Nick won over Mike or Angelina. It was scary for a little while there.

• Love 23

I thought Nick clinched it with his very last answer.  He completely nailed his explanation of how he overcame adversity the entire season.  Mike, OTOH, looked confused and somewhat baffled, when he answered that same question.  He even dropped his armor then, which he had worn nearly 24-7-39, and showed a bit of a superiority complex to the jury.  

It surprised me when Kara and Nick voted out Alison over Mike.  Alison must have had better relations with the jury than we saw onscreen. 

• Love 18
13 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

How did Erik do it in Fans versus Favourites or whenever the hell he did?

https://survivingtribal.com/2017/08/22/survivor-micronesias-biggest-moment-erik-immunity-necklace/

I recall some interview where a contestant (or maybe Jeff himself) said that at every tribal council, Jeff still asks the challenge winner if they want to give up their immunity, but they always edit it out of the show since the winners have always said no.

This was several years ago, though, so things may have changed.  But if they ever start showing Jeff's questions again, that'll be a hint that someone surrenders immunity in a future season.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

How did Erik do it in Fans versus Favourites or whenever the hell he did?

https://survivingtribal.com/2017/08/22/survivor-micronesias-biggest-moment-erik-immunity-necklace/

The individual immunity necklace is transferable if you give it to another player before voting takes place. That’s what Erik did. Immunity necklace = person wearing it can’t have votes cast against him/her (so you have to be in possession when voting takes place. Immunity idol = votes cast against the person do not count (so you only show it after voting happens).

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

Nick blew his HII last week. And the immunity necklace from the challenge is non transferable.

Oh no, Nick definitely had the option to transfer the II necklace for sure - but nobody wants to be the next Erik.  ;>

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, kikaha said:

It surprised me when Kara and Nick voted out Alison over Mike.  Alison must have had better relations with the jury than we saw onscreen. 

It is shocking that Kara and Nick viewed Alison as a huge threat, and especially one over Mike.

Mike had zero answer for the last question.  Everyone is saying Nick answered well, but honestly, with what we were shown, if it was honest, his and Davie's games were just amazing compared to everyone else's, though Nick would have DEFINITELY been voted out had he not kept winning immunity.

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, MissEwa said:

I just wish Alison had pretended to be 100% fooled by that idol and then played it on Angelina as a show of solidarity, thus forcing Angelina to have to pipe up and explain her ridiculous plan. 

And I wish you were there instead of Allison because that would have been phenomenal!!  I don't understand why Alison even bothered playing the fake idol, like why give Angelina the satisfaction?  

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Oh no, Nick definitely had the option to transfer the II necklace for sure - but nobody wants to be the next Erik.  ;>

Lol, why do I not know this after 37 seasons! And how are you still being rational after the Jameson? Practice I suppose.

Thanks Michichick for elaborating. Can't believe I didn't know that and can't believe I forgot Erik was a necklace not an idol. 

Edited by dizzyd
On 12/19/2018 at 10:38 PM, SuburbanHangSuite said:

So I'm no conspiracy theorist with this show as a rule but I didn't like them assigning Mike and Kara fire-making stations.  I feel like they should've flipped a coin or rock-paper-scissored for the choice of which station they occupied.  Kara was kicking ass at her practice fire-making--I wonder why she had so much trouble making a flame catch when it counted?

The Orange Seat (Kara’s seat) has always been cursed in the firemaking Challenge; nobody occupying it has ever won.

On 12/19/2018 at 10:39 PM, dizzyd said:

Lol, why do I not know this after 37 seasons! And how are you still being rational after the Jameson?

Easy - I’m part Irish.  :>

Edited by Nashville
Seat, not sweat. Damn autocorrect.
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Angelina's been upset?  LOL.  Really?  If so it's been a loooooong time since we've even seen that.  She's handled disappointment after disappointment with aplomb.

I like Nick, but he's incredibly emotional.  I don't mean that in a bad way - he wears every single emotion on his sleeve.  I don't see anything wrong with it, but I didn't hate Natalie or Gabby for it either.  The only person I hated on for emotional reactions was Alison because I think she's an annoying hypocrite, and Mike at that one TC.

And when he didn't win pizza.  I've been pissed at Mike since he was the first to cave on the secret "inter-tribal" alliance, and his snotty little "Whatever - I'm doing this for a higher purpose" head tosses just add to my irritation.  

Allison - one of you who listens to all the podcasts etc. needs to let us know what exactly was so threatening about her because I still am not seeing it.  To the point where her "I'm always on the line" was starting to rival "they voted me out because I'm a threat" as  the most annoying overestimation of oneself ever.

Angelina - you be you, girl.  She is the most hilarious wannabe villain ever to villainize on my tv.  I feel cheated because the epic tribal council she promised us never happened.  Did it not happen at all, or was it part of a 3-hour tribal that never aired because the editors hated her, or because she flubbed it and made it boring?  This enquiring mind wants to know.

Kara - props for remembering to pack your fake eyelashes so you looked hot on the jury :)

Davie - well done - you were my second choice to win and I love the word "blerd" :D

Christian - can anyone explain how Mike's gameplay "will change how Survivor is played"?  Me neither.  He was my third pick but if he comes back again my liking for him will be shadowed by his vote for whiny Mike.

Nick - has been my favorite since very early on in the season and I was thrilled to see him run immunity, handle the FTC and win in the end!!

Edited by princelina
  • Love 24

Mike IS whiny!  If anyone is whiny, it's Mike, not Angelina.  That's like Mike's whole thing.  Yes, Angelina talks up what she does a lot, and I thought her idol idea was beyond i d i o t i c but I don't view her as a whiny person who throws tantrums, at all.

• Love 21
1 minute ago, TaraS1 said:

We went nuts at my house every time Nick won another immunity! He’s our local guy, so I’m just beyond thrilled that he won. And as others have said, I thought his answers at the final tribal were fantastic. When he started talking about his mom dying, I was like, “No, no, no...” because I was afraid the jury would consider it sob story territory, but I was completely wrong. It was a wonderful, heartfelt, million dollar response. 

But man, I really hate this making fire at the end thing. The reward of winning the final immunity should be getting to vote someone out, period. I’ll never stop being annoyed at how they came up with that to save stupid Ben a few seasons ago. 

The fire making challenge should go away, but sadly, it won't.

• Love 6

I won both of my bets tonight, in regards to the Final vote -- I bet that Angelina wouldn't get any votes and that Nick would win ! I was fairly certain of the 1st one, not quite as sure on the 2nd, but I am glad Nick won. He played a better game, IMO, and also Mike has already had so much success in life. That sounds kind of petty, but it's how I look at it.

( Sorry, screwed it up twice, this is what I wanted to post ! )

Edited by willco
Not Final Tribal council
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Mike IS whiny!  If anyone is whiny, it's Mike, not Angelina.  That's like Mike's whole thing.  Yes, Angelina talks up what she does a lot, and I thought her idol idea was beyond i d i o t i c but I don't view her as a whiny person who throws tantrums, at all.

I agree.  But this seems to be a minority opinion around here.

• Love 4

So I looked it up, and Google says that Mike White's net worth is $4 million.  Not sure how accurate those estimates are.  Sure, that's a lot to us but DAMN!  I thought it would be much more.  He was only the writer of "School of Rock", not director like I once thought, but that movie made almost $100 million OVER budget!  Writers do not get paid well!!  He also had "Enlightened" on HBO and we KNOW HBO has loads and loads of money.  He needs a better agent/lawyer/financial person.  He needs to get some work with Netflix next.  They throw money around like candy.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, treeofdreams said:

Christian said Mike's play was "transformative" and would change the way the game is played.

Anyone have any idea what he meant?  Because I don't see it.

Knowing Christian, it could have been a real evil insult that he knew no one else would understand.