Type keyword(s) to search

S37.E12: Are You Feeling Lucky?

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

NoooooooooooooooooOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOOOOOO

If Davie had only played his idol for Christian!  That would have been the play of all plays.

Nick ----- how could you..........

I'm crushed.  There are such a bunch of people I don't CARE ABOUT left in this game.  It's all *them*, and Davie and Nick left.  I'm only seeing now how much I care about Christian until it's far too late.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 24
17 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Angelina : "Davey....Davey....Davey....can I get some of that reward?"

Next week the reward HAS to be a trip to a Jacket Factory.  And I need Nick or Davie to win it.  And for them to not share it with Angelina.

Why did Davie share the reward with Kara?  I missed his whole loyalty pledge to her.  How has Kara been looking out for Davie this whole time?  Can someone explain?

Davie's been my number 1 (well, along with Carl) since Day 1, so I'm okay, but damn.  I would have rather Nick left than Christian.  Davie ran out of steam in saving his BFF right when it counted.  F***ing Nick

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 17

I had no idea what was going to happen at the start of that TC, which is exciting of course, but I didn't think it would be Christian.

Nick was an idiot tonight. Finding your own fake idol? That's the definition of "too cute by half" and just bad juju.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I’m only seeing now how much I care about Christian until it's far too late. 

Same!  I nearly came to tears which shocked the holy hell out of me!  I mean, Christian is no Yul, but I came to adore that boy.

• Love 11

Despite all the talk that was going on this episode, I just had a feeling at the start of the episode that no matter what happened, this was the end of the road for Christian and so said, so done. I'm with him in his closing remarks in still being in awe that the other players seemed to believe he was such a formidable threat. I liked Christian and I'm honestly still confused as to why the players all seemed to believe he was this huge threat as soon as the merge happened. 

I have to say that other than Davie and Nick, I don't really care for any of the players left. And it is funny that after all these moves the Davids did to get themselves out of the deficit, the game is ending with four Goliaths to two Davids. Something tells me Mike especially is going to revert to Goliath Strong and gun for Nick and Davie, both of whom were already being thrown around and neither of whom have any more protections. 

eta: As soon as Jeff asked if anyone wanted to make a case to Davie to be chosen for the Reward, I knew Angelina would pipe up and something tells me the producers did as well which is why Jeff threw that little part in. Because she's so annoyingly predictable. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 21
17 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

Probst was over-the-top with the balls jokes tonight. Plus, he said “guesstimate” so now he must die.

"Is it worse when your balls stick together, or when they separate?"

"Angelina's balls are dropping."

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Same!  I nearly came to tears which shocked the holy hell out of me!  I mean, Christian is no Yul, but I came to adore that boy.

I'M ALMOST IN TEARS TOO!  NO ONE IS MORE SHOCKED THAN I AM!  "No more votes.  Please."  Awwwwwwwwwwww.

It even made Mike change his vote to (???? Davie or Alison I forget)

• Love 6

And then Mike -- whose idea it was to take out Christian -- doesn't even vote for him?!

What an interesting way to send Christian off. We barely saw him this episode after being such a huge character all season. I guess that's one way you hide an "obvious" vote in plain sight, but wow.

The breakdown on those votes were beyond interesting. Nick, Kara and Angelina for Christian? Nick is stone cold. I can't decide whether I respect it or not.

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, Marmiarmo said:

If David had played his idol for Christian, though, he’d have been tied with Alison for most votes and may have gone home.  Nick was pushed at him, and there’s no guarantee Alison would have gone instead.  Besides, I hope Davie wins...dude makes me smile.

You know what you're absolutely right.  I take back what I said.  You're right.  Screw that.  I needed Davie to stay or I would have walked into the ocean.  

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Nick was an idiot tonight. Finding your own fake idol? That's the definition of "too cute by half" and just bad juju.

But they all fell for it minus Davie, even SuperGenius Christian, and nOBODY voted for him.  It was a great play actually.  When he told the truth to Davie it also sealed Davie's loyalty to him.

• Love 13

I HATE ANGELINA!!  Bitch claimed she gave up the rice reward out of pure selfless angelic goodness.  Yet she keeps throwing it in people's faces all the time.  You would not get a single vote at Final Tribal, B..ch.

So sorry to see Christian go.  4 Goliaths, 2 Davies.  If either Nick or Davie make it to Final Tribal, they will win as the jury will be mostly Davies.  I'm OK with either one of them but I adore Davie.

• Love 16

This is such an enjoyable season.  I don't really dislike any of them, nor am I rooting for anyone in particular.  It may be the first season that's been possible for me.  I think Angelina is cluelessly hilarious, so I want her in as long as possible, and unlike so many here, I enjoy Mike.  He's a blunderer instead of a strategist sometimes, but it's fun that he THINKS he's playing hard.  And good for him winning immunity!  With Christian gone, it'll be interesting to see who rises to the top.

• Love 20
19 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Nick is starting to remind me of Matthew McConaughey ... or however you spell it. 

He's totally a young Matthew Mc.  Like in A Time to Kill (1996) when he first came on the scene and he was so young and beautiful with that Southern drawl.  And that golden tan. I think the same every week.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

What an interesting way to send Christian off. We barely saw him this episode after being such a huge character all season. I guess that's one way you hide an "obvious" vote in plain sight, but wow.

I know, right? I had convinced myself that, by some miracle, Christian must be safe this episode because they barely focused on him at all. Sneaky editors!

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, mojoween said:

It may have just been played up by the editing but I found the jury's reaction interesting. If they truly were as affected as they seemed then I guess that's the reason he was such a huge threat. Unfortunately, I do think as I suspected earlier in the season, Gabby ended up being the downfall to his game. The Carl vote which was largely driven by her annoyance of Carl, did them in and then she turned on him immediately after that vote, causing him to have to use his idol to save himself. And then after that there was nowhere left for him to hide. Had the Carl vote not happened, I'm pretty sure that the first person the Davids would have flipped on was Gabby and of course then go after Alison and who knows what happens after that. 

• Love 23

Goodnight, sweet nerd. Rest until Night 39, then the Reunion (where Probst will give him the most attention), and then the inevitable return trip. He has to be on the short list, right? Besides, if Cochran got a second chance to win, why not Christian?

I'm still not 100 percent invested (can't pick out Angelina from a crowd), so I'm probably off when I think Davie is getting the Winner's Edit. He's smart, funny, and his name is "Davie," which is the best name to have when the theme is "David vs. Goliath."

Balls jokes! Because Probst is twelve, you see. And he did say "guestimate," which . . .  no. "Estimate" implies guessing, I shouldn't have to feel like Grammar Fascist for pointing that out.

Who has the most votes cast against him/her in a season?Ad how close did Christian come to that mark?

• Love 13

Gabby gets her heart's desire and Christian is kicked off the island.

Well done winning reward Davie.  Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.  Makes a deal with Kara to whack Nick.

Angelina - "I hate to play this card, BUT".  Honey, it's not a "card", you are not playing cards (which I love), it's desperation.

It's a ploy, an act, a con.  So she goes all "revenge rice" so they can all be hungry later.

Kara gives dumb Allison a great plan to take out Nick, so she immediately runs to Mike to spill her guts after being told not to.  

I like to think my old busboy experience would help me in this immunity challenge.  I noticed they all did it right-handed.  My left is the one with the balance.

So of course Immunity Mike wants to be kingmaker and go for Christian.  Then he spills to Nick about Davie.  I wish he were going tonight.  Good thing Davie found the idol and decided not to gamble.  

It should get around pretty quickly that talking to Mike is a bad idea.  I didn't think he could annoy me more until tonight.

"New Tribals"  Meh.  Nothing new.  Sandra got the whole "tribal to tribal" thing decades ago.

Nice play with that fake idol.  Now they all know he tried to feed them a big chunk of bullshit.

I'm so glad he burned the real one too.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

But they all fell for it minus Davie, even SuperGenius Christian, and nOBODY voted for him.  It was a great play actually.  When he told the truth to Davie it also sealed Davie's loyalty to him.

Well yeah, he's still there. But he burned his real idol , got rid of a solid ally, and exposed himself.   

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Despite all the talk that was going on this episode, I just had a feeling at the start of the episode that no matter happened, this was the end of the road for Christian and so said, so done. I'm with him in his closing remarks in still being in awe that the other players seemed to believe he was such a formidable threat. I liked Christian and I'm honestly still confused as to why the players all seemed to believe he was this huge threat as soon as the merge happened. 

Same.  I have been so excited every week to watch but tonight I almost forgot it was on and didn't care.  I knew something was up lol

I want Nick or Davie to win.  Kara would be a distant third but I can not stomach the thought of an Angelina win (and I know Mike and Alison have no shot).  

• Love 6

The Davids did it to themselves, watching the last few eps, after that high when they finally had the numbers, was like watching a tragedy, seeing how their decisions one by one were their undoing.

At this point I am good with anyone winning except Mike, who I hate, and Allison, who has just done nothing.

• Love 21
1 minute ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Hahahhahahahaha.  Don't remind me.  I freaking can't stand Allison.  Oh my god she gets on my nerves.  Oh my god.

Alison:  I'm about to make a big move
Translation:  I'm going to tell Mike about Kara's move

Can she put that on her résumé?  Idiot.  I wish she had been voted out instead of Christian. 

• Love 14
15 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Can she put that on her résumé?  Idiot.  I wish she had been voted out instead of Christian. 

I want to cry!!!!!  Such a wasted opportunity.  Then it would have been 3 Goliaths versus 3 Davids/Davies and just such a beautiful ending to this wonderful season.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Marmiarmo said:

If David had played his idol for Christian, though, he’d have been tied with Alison for most votes and may have gone home.  Nick was pissed at him, and there’s no guarantee Alison would have gone instead.  Besides, I hope Davie wins...dude makes me smile.

Oh my bad!  I was thinking Davie had two idols after he found the one tonight.  

Somehow I thought he used that other one previously, then found another one so had a spare to use on Christian.

Ugh, it’s totally gonna be three Goliaths in the final, and it’s gonna include Mike and Angelina, and that will SUCK. They’re awful. Davids screwed it up starting with the Carl vote. Why did they not just stick together?? They started cannibalizing too soon and totally ruined it.

I want Davey to win. That’s it.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 22
5 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Hahahhahahahaha.  Don't remind me.  I freaking can't stand Allison.  Oh my god she gets on my nerves.  Oh my god.

Alison:  I'm about to make a big move
Translation:  I'm going to tell Mike about Kara's move

I don't get this girl!  Every week it's "I'm going to make a big move" which results in her just going with the majority and doing nothing.  Or squealing.  I wish she had been voted off already.  She's perfect F3 goat fodder, though.

• Love 21
15 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

I don't get this girl!  Every week it's "I'm going to make a big move" which results in her just going with the majority and doing nothing.  Or squealing.  I wish she had been voted off already.  She's perfect F3 goat fodder, though.

I think this is what they call "The Laurel" around here and my only comfort is that no one will remember her come Survivor S38.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Souris said:

Ugh, it’s totally gonna be three Goliaths in the final, and it’s gonna include Mike and Angelina, and that will SUCK. They’re awful. Davids screwed it up starting with the Carl vote. Why did they not just stick together?? They started cannibalizing too soon and totally ruined it.

I want Davey to win. That’s it.

Mike and Alison are this year's goats so I fully expect at least one of them to make it to the end. Dammit. 

If the jury has to choose between either of them or Angelina it will ruin what has been up til now an excellent season. Please Santa, bring us a satisfying result!

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 13

I’m sorta worried of a Final 3 of the Goliaths with Mike, Angelina & <insert name>. I don’t see Mike & Angelina getting any votes and it’s a blowout. That might ruin the season for me. LOL!!!!

Edited by ByaNose
1 minute ago, wallflower75 said:

I suddenly find myself picturing a final 3 of Angelina, Mike, and Alison, and pitying the poor jury who has to pick between them.  Ugh.

Maybe Jeff can just call it a night and say we'll try again next season.  This season has been great and a final 3 like that would tank it.  I really hope Nick or Davie win.  Kara has at least tried to make moves, so I'll give her that, but Nick or Davie please.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, ByaNose said:

I’m sorta worried of a Final 3 of the Goliaths with Mike, Angelina & <insert name>. I don’t see Mike & Angelina getting any toes and it’s a blowout. That might ruin the season for me. LOL!!!!

The only way a final three with Mike and Angelina gets saved is if Davie is the third person.  I might be willing to accept Nick.  Kara...I don't know.

• Love 9

I've seen skinnier Survivors but is this the dirtiest, most bedraggled bunch ever? Or were they just soaked for the whole episode? Either way, the strain is really telling on them. Yet somehow Davie still has the drive to get up predawn and go wandering around the island. Respect. 

But in happier news (for me) that tribal was such a nailbiter. Knowing the people going into it had 5 different agendas just made it more chaotic and delicious. It's like every minute brought a new surprise to me, the Survivors, and the jury. Excellent. 

Can't wait for the next Ponderosa. 

• Love 12