Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E06: Last Fling Before The Ring

• Start Topic

54 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I thought it was gross too, don't get me wrong (and I hate, hate, hate the stupid "penis" theme at any bridal shower/bachelorette party, and both are events I've always tried to avoid like the plague), but I am not getting what age has to do with it. Also, not all of us know what a butt plug looks like, haha! While I always vaguely knew they existed, my first sighting of one (on TV, mind you--my love life is a simple, no-frills one) was kind of a wake-up call.

Amen. I'm nearing 40 and I've found those kind of parties disgusting since I was a teenager and first heard of them. To each their own, but I really don't get it. 

• Love 21
58 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I thought it was gross too, don't get me wrong (and I hate, hate, hate the stupid "penis" theme at any bridal shower/bachelorette party, and both are events I've always tried to avoid like the plague), but I am not getting what age has to do with it. Also, not all of us know what a butt plug looks like, haha! While I always vaguely knew they existed, my first sighting of one (on TV, mind you--my love life is a simple, no-frills one) was kind of a wake-up call.

I'm giggling because when Marge jokingly said we should probably get her the one with rhinestones, I gasped out loud to no one in particular.   That is what you'd call adding fish grease to the fire.  For no good reason at all lol!

32 minutes ago, ninjago said:

I feel like Dolores and Frank's relationship is all a cover-up and they've never really stopped being "married".  Like, they divorced so she could have assets in her name that couldn't be seized when he inevitably got busted on some grifting charge, and him "moving to Florida" is really he rented an apartment in Florida so he could claim residency there and not pay income taxes.  They seem like low-life, low-level members of Tony Soprano's crew.

Is it naive-sounding of me to say/whine that each of them, especially Frank, has been in other relationships for years?   When we met them I have the vague memory of his then/current girlfriend complaining about how he couldn't get out of Delores' life.  Which, shit, tracks and I've got zero problems with your theory, but not even the semblance of fidelity then huh?  Yeah, I guess not.  Frank is as shitty as I imagined.  I knew that when I saw him leave his empty plate on the counter.  Bastard.   

30 minutes ago, kicksave said:

Exactly...and didn't Danielle say she wanted something high class and expensive? Ha Ha....Marge should have saved some money and just had the shower at the Bada Bing which is probably just down the road from all of them.

The Bing has vip rooms, private party rooms large and well lit enough to accommodate Danielle et al, not so much.  Um, I hear.   

13 minutes ago, kicksave said:

Gotta say...WTF is wrong with Jennifer??? Her husband is never home for dinner, not home on the weekends...why have all those kids if you are never home to interact with them. I have to say that her husband might have a busy practice but to be working it 24/7 and never come home even to to eat dinner smells very suspicious to me. Bet he has a side piece. Although if those were my kids I wouldn't want to be there either! Ugh...those kids are a nightmare! They're all fat and obnoxious. And the way they interact with their mother is truly abhorrent. They have to be bribed with purchases from Amazon in order to play together??? Wow...what a mess. That house is as obnoxious as the residents of it!  Actually, most of the kids on this show are brats...Melissa and Joe's kids are unruly brats that either mouth off misogynistic stuff that they learned from their Dad or like their daughter, roll their eyes and give lip back when asked to help with something. How Danielle ended up with two classy gorgeous daughters is a mystery...

Omg!! My sides hurt! LMAO!! 

My take on it wasn't that he never came home or even never ate dinner at home, but that he's not done with work in time to be home at whatever time she feeds that zoo.   Now I'm gonna say this as somebody who's had copious amounts of plastic surgery - I don't know what type of PS he is but if he's worth even a little bit of a damn, an 11 am surgery may take 4 hours.  Add another 2 for the patient to shake off anesthesia and wake up.  Add another 1 for him to make the rounds to check on that patient after all vitals have been taken.   If he leaves the hospital without doing a lick of paperwork and only has one patient a day, that's at least a 7 hour day.    Anesthesiology?  Now there's a field where you can be home for dinner.  Lol.  

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
I was so close.
  • Love 10

Why do I get the feeling that Deloris's home is a rental or a family members house she is borrowing ?  I have never kitchen countertops so bare. Maybe she actually lives above a deli off of Franklin Turnpike.  I wonder what is going to happen to the house that Danielle and the fiance brought - where will she go ? I assume she sold her condo.. Theresa thinks she is such a thug, real Jersey girls from Patterson would chew her up and spit her out.  Can't stand Jen with the showy attitude - still am liking Jackie and Marge 

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • Love 11

Everytime I see Danielle's daughters I'm reminded of a thought I had sometime in season 2: "Danielle's kids will be the only kids in the NJ franchise to graduate from college AND graduate school." Super special unicorn Albie seemed to be lauded despite his obvious mediocrity. Whereas Christine and Jillian were always described as doing what was expected of them. Danielle was clearly proud of them, but she never seemed to point a neon arrow on their non-modeling achievements.

As always, read the fucking Great Gatsby reality tv people. There is nothing celebratory about the story. It is a tragedy. You want to have a Roaring 20s party, have a Roaring 20s party. The Great Gatsby isn't a Roaring 20s Party.

Edited by HunterHunted
Grammar is a thing we all use on a daily basis unlike underwears
  • Love 16
16 hours ago, Irritable said:

The only part of this episode I enjoyed was Jackie’s family dinner.  Her kids aren’t awful, her parents’ dynamic is unusual and interesting to me, her relationship with her brother is sweet, and I’m very curious to hear her reason for being estranged from her sister for 15 years. 

I was just going to post how much I enjoyed watching her family have dinner.   Laughter, silly teasing, take out Greek, what's not to luv?! I rewound and watched this scene at least 3 times.  

Dainelle's bachelorette party....snore!  I cant invest any interest in a marriage that only lasts 17 minutes 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Amen. I'm nearing 40 and I've found those kind of parties disgusting since I was a teenager and first heard of them. To each their own, but I really don't get it. 

Even when it's a gaggle of shrieking complete strangers in a place where I also am (just trying to have some drinks, man!), I feel like I need to get far away! And if my friends ever threw me a stripper penis engagement party, I would call me an Uber and flee that scene!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 7

I think I read somewhere that Christine was either working on going, or, in medical school.  She had written an article defending her mother and how they had to move to a different town after Danielle appeared on RH.  She also said something about having a heart condition (her, not Danielle). It was in that article, I think, that she mentioned medical school.  I don't know where I would have read that, though.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

When Delores and Frank were married he cheated on her and left her with two young kids. She still treats him like he's her moon and stars. Frank only knows one way to treat her. She wants to be the wife and he's treating her like he used to. Her threats are empty so his behavior never changes.

The scene at Danielle's was so fake. Melissa could barely stifle her laughter. Danielle is a narcissist who will do anything for screen time and attention. Her daughter is still so pretty and seems normal. 

I don't like Jackie, either, Misslindsey. Personally I have trouble trusting people who are estranged from immediate family and are so casual about it. Fifteen years, really?

Jackie actually thinks that she's going to buddy up to Melissa and the two of them are going to take down Queen Teresa. Someone tell her to watch Jacqueline Laurita's final seasons on the show. Wacky Jac thought she could do the same thing and then Melissa turned around and sided with Tre. She knows where her bread is buttered. It's only a matter of time before there is a huge fight, she is forced to choose between them, and Melissa the turncoat whines, "well, Teresa is FAMILY." Jackie will be out on that limb all alone. Jacqueline, Kathy, Caroline Manzo and Rosie all learned that lesson the hard way.

Does Jennifer's husband have a girlfriend? He misses dinner most nights? Those kids are spoiled and overweight.

I don't  think I could look either of parent in the face if I  pulled that stunt. The 1st question one of them usually asks is when was the last time you seen  /heard  from so-and-so.

And what's really sad - it's been so long its going to be hard just to strike up a conversation  as its possible you have nothing current in common- hell you have to introduce yourself with basic generic questions..." how the weather where you live?..where is it again where you live...?"

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I have never kitchen countertops so bare. Maybe she actually lives above a deli off of Franklin Turnpike

Haha! True! But then I think, when you only make protein shakes and steamed chicken & a vegetable, how messy can it get? Not to mention there are no people living there! Frank Sr. halfway maybe and Delores herself? Idk maybe bc I disengage during her scenes. 

Maybe the deli she possibly lives above is the Manzo son-in-law (remember? Happy wife/Deli life)? 

Odd to me is while Delores is so "loyal" to Tree, she still keeps close contact with all her "enemies," Jacqueline and Manzos included. What gives? How possible?

• Love 4
7 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Since I started on a minor quibble, I will end on one:  I didn't like how Melissa explained to her son (Gino, Joey?  I can't tell the difference between them) that he needs to get a communion in order to marry a nice Italian, Catholic girl.  I can't stand it when people distort acts of faith for their own ends.  I am not Catholic, so I don't know exactly what a first communion means outside of what I learned on Boardwalk Empire (hey, another Jersey show!) that it symbolizes some acceptance of  responsibility for adulthood.  Not everything is about snagging a mate.  I feel like Melissa should instill the proper context of the importance of a first communion into the kid, rather than telling him which girls he will get as a result of it.

I was giggling as I read your rant because all I could think about was Melissa's very sincere singing of Amazing Grace:

"Ammaaaaazzzing Grrrraaaaccce, How sweet the sound; That saved a wench like meeee......"

You are really asking alot for her to instill an understanding and importance of communion.

Baby steps.

2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Everytime I see Danielle's daughters I'm also reminded of a thought I had sometime in seasons 2: "Danielle's kids will be the only kids in the NJ franchise to graduate from college AND graduate school." Super special unicorn Albie seemed to be lauded despite his obvious mediocrity.

Hey, hey now!  What are you saying?  I just saw a big-ass bottle of blk water in the clearance bin at Ross!  He's doing big things!!

Edited by SuburbanHangSuite
  • Love 13
17 hours ago, HadleyFields said:

I just feel really sad for Danielle. She's so desperate to have a beautiful suburban life. I loved the brick pillar and rustic ladder/blanket holder in her home. 

This is why I can’t hate on Danielle. She is clearly a very damaged person and desperately wants that picture perfect sitcom life, because it would be the total opposite of what she’s had. The problem is that all of her issues block whatever flickers of normalcy that come her way. She needs some intense therapy.

1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

I think I read somewhere that Christine was either working on going, or, in medical school.  She had written an article defending her mother and how they had to move to a different town after Danielle appeared on RH.  She also said something about having a heart condition (her, not Danielle). It was in that article, I think, that she mentioned medical school.  I don't know where I would have read that, though.

I read that same article, it was on Broadly(I can’t figure out how to link it, but it came up via Google). I did feel bad for her girls. None of TPTB or the reality stars think about how their behavior affects the kids on the show. Despite all of her crazy, Danielle seems to have raised two amazing daughters who fought like hell to be everything their mother is not. That’s not the first time I’ve seen kids of dysfunctional parents do that. I think that Christine knows that her and Jillian are really the only ones who have Danielle’s back, which is why she subjected herself to that shitshow of a bachelorette party. Her aura of class and beauty outshined women twice her age in that place.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, kicksave said:

Gotta say...WTF is wrong with Jennifer??? Her husband is never home for dinner, not home on the weekends...why have all those kids if you are never home to interact with them. I have to say that her husband might have a busy practice but to be working it 24/7 and never come home even to to eat dinner smells very suspicious to me. Bet he has a side piece. Although if those were my kids I wouldn't want to be there either! Ugh...those kids are a nightmare! They're all fat and obnoxious. And the way they interact with their mother is truly abhorrent. They have to be bribed with purchases from Amazon in order to play together??? Wow...what a mess. That house is as obnoxious as the residents of it!  Actually, most of the kids on this show are brats...Melissa and Joe's kids are unruly brats that either mouth off misogynistic stuff that they learned from their Dad or like their daughter, roll their eyes and give lip back when asked to help with something. How Danielle ended up with two classy gorgeous daughters is a mystery...

3 hours ago, Angelsmom1009 said:

This is why I can’t hate on Danielle. She is clearly a very damaged person and desperately wants that picture perfect sitcom life, because it would be the total opposite of what she’s had. The problem is that all of her issues block whatever flickers of normalcy that come her way. She needs some intense therapy.

I read that same article, it was on Broadly(I can’t figure out how to link it, but it came up via Google). I did feel bad for her girls. None of TPTB or the reality stars think about how their behavior affects the kids on the show. Despite all of her crazy, Danielle seems to have raised two amazing daughters who fought like hell to be everything their mother is not. That’s not the first time I’ve seen kids of dysfunctional parents do that. I think that Christine knows that her and Jillian are really the only ones who have Danielle’s back, which is why she subjected herself to that shitshow of a bachelorette party. Her aura of class and beauty outshined women twice her age in that place.

Danielle's children have always had to be exemplary because their mother is such a shitbag. They wouldn't have been accepted in polite company otherwise. 

I suspect Danielle and Bethany Frankel's mother have much in common.

• Love 2

No matter how much Teresa and Dolores yell that they have ways to control their man it doesn’t make it true.

Both husbands are criminals and thieves.

They don’t tell their wives nothing!  This is why Giudices went to prison and Frank is disbarred.

What is Teresa’s problem?  She believes in black magic?  If someone says, Prison 3 times, it will transport her back to ‘The Spa’.....?....???

Tre panics anytime someone says.....prison/jail whatever!  Her eyes get huge. Hahahahaha!

• Love 15
11 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

Odd to me is while Delores is so "loyal" to Tree, she still keeps close contact with all her "enemies," Jacqueline and Manzos included. What gives? How possible?

Yet she cuts Kathy and Rosie out of her life because their mom said that people that commit crimes need to pay the price. She didn't even mention any names. Tre is a POS!

• Love 12

That bachelorette party was gross.  So was the scene in the sex shop.  I mean, these women are in their 40s.  They have children who are college aged.  Please please please try to be classy.  And I can't stand Danielle.  She is exhausting to watch on TV, I can't imagine what it's like being around her.

Delores and her "what am I doing wrong" schtick is utterly annoying.  What you are doing wrong is enabling a man who could care less about you to run roughshod over you.  That's what you're doing wrong.  

Marge is awesome.  I really like her straight shooter mentality.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, BrindaWalsh said:

That bachelorette party was gross.  So was the scene in the sex shop.  I mean, these women are in their 40s.  They have children who are college aged.  Please please please try to be classy.  And I can't stand Danielle.  She is exhausting to watch on TV, I can't imagine what it's like being around her.

Delores and her "what am I doing wrong" schtick is utterly annoying.  What you are doing wrong is enabling a man who could care less about you to run roughshod over you.  That's what you're doing wrong.  

Dolores is the Dina Manzo.  Gossipy, lazy and pretending to be in fake relationships.  Also, Tre’s #1. 

Except, this time we get to see Frank on TV. 

Tommy didn’t want to be on the show because he was already living his own life away from Dina.  Then they divorced.  Not a shocker!

• Love 3
17 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Everytime I see Danielle's daughters I'm reminded of a thought I had sometime in season 2: "Danielle's kids will be the only kids in the NJ franchise to graduate from college AND graduate school." Super special unicorn Albie seemed to be lauded despite his obvious mediocrity. Whereas Christine and Jillian were always described as doing what was expected of them. Danielle was clearly proud of them, but she never seemed to point a neon arrow on their non-modeling achievements.

As always, read the fucking Great Gatsby reality tv people. There is nothing celebratory about the story. It is a tragedy. You want to have a Roaring 20s party, have a Roaring 20s party. The Great Gatsby isn't a Roaring 20s Party.

THIS.  I suspect none of these women could describe the plot of "The Great Gatsby."  It came up a few months ago on another reality show (Below Deck, maybe?) and I got so worked up.  Just call it a Roaring 20s or a Jazz Age party!!

• Love 5
10 hours ago, BrindaWalsh said:

Delores seems very codependent. Bringing her sleazy ex back into her house is strange since she knows his track record of lying, cheating and keeping secrets. Going into business with him is even crazier. I did think her reunion with her son was very sweet...Frankie and Delores have a lot of love for each other though Delores seemed to be having hard time letting him go away to school...looks like she's survived that OK. And the relationship with her Doctor boyfriend isn't serious...she's just a dinner date to him. Her midlife crisis needs some professional attention at this point. 

Edited by kicksave
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, Hagosaurus said:

I suspect Danielle and Bethany Frankel's mother have much in common.

Danielle seems to have way outdone Bethanny's mother in terms of raising not one, but two daughters who can comport themselves with any sort of decorum. But who knows -- maybe as they grow up, they'll turn into exhausting attention seekers who communicate solely in screams and recycled '90s frat humor. 

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Why do I get the feeling that Deloris's home is a rental or a family members house she is borrowing ?  I have never kitchen countertops so bare. Maybe she actually lives above a deli off of Franklin Turnpike.  I wonder what is going to happen to the house that Danielle and the fiance brought - where will she go ? I assume she sold her condo.. Theresa thinks she is such a thug, real Jersey girls from Patterson would chew her up and spit her out.  Can't stand Jen with the showy attitude - still am liking Jackie and Marge 

Didn't she just redo that entire kitchen, though? I also get a weird vibe from her home. But maybe it's just boring AF, like her. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, retiredviewer said:

I had to stop watching the show after being a fan from the first episode. I just can't stand any of the women except Marge. I found myself FF throught the whole show. Now I will find out what is happening through this site.

I'm with you.  I delete the shows without even watching them.  I catch up on recaps here and elsewhere.

• Love 1
On 12/13/2018 at 12:32 AM, LilaFowler said:

Jackie actually thinks that she's going to buddy up to Melissa and the two of them are going to take down Queen Teresa. Someone tell her to watch Jacqueline Laurita's final seasons on the show. Wacky Jac thought she could do the same thing and then Melissa turned around and sided with Tre. She knows where her bread is buttered. It's only a matter of time before there is a huge fight, she is forced to choose between them, and Melissa the turncoat whines, "well, Teresa is FAMILY." Jackie will be out on that limb all alone. Jacqueline, Kathy, Caroline Manzo and Rosie all learned that lesson the hard way.

Preach, preach, preach! I don't like either of the new wives, but this Jackie is just a smidgen too smug for a newbie. I wouldn't have any issue with Jackie's nasty (but truthful) comment if Tre had come at Jackie's husband and their marriage. But she didn't. It was a stupid argument between Mel and Tre. Dolores didn't want to be involved - her name was thrown in the mix and she wanted to defend herself. To wedge yourself into a family argument and go at your friend's family like that... just tasteless and gross. What did you think? You'd be besties with Tre after that? Jackie made an enemy - congrats to her. Now she can put up with Tre's wrath. Mel is too stupid to try a coup again - she'll defer to Tre at the end. Then sayonara Jackie and I'll happily be rid of her and her gleeful depiction of her food issues. 

Also, Joey Gorga's happy face at recounting Juicy's jail time tells me everything I need to know about how committed he is to helping his sister and his love of "family." What an asswipe. He's thirstier for a spot on TV than his wife.

Edited by thesupremediva1
More to say out of sheer annoyance
  • Love 7
On 12/12/2018 at 11:57 PM, Misslindsey said:

I have the unpopular opinion of not liking Jackie. I do not like Jennifer either. They both annoy me far more than the rest of the ladies.

Make room for me on your bench! 

I had to laugh when Jackie talked about the "uncivility" between she and her sister. This from someone bragging about her education and work as a journalist. 

Between Danielle, Jackie, and Jennifer, it is hard to say which one is putting on the bigger show.

• Love 9

My god.  Danielle must have been pregnant at the same time as some impossibly gorgeous woman twice, and gave birth at the same hospital and switched babies.

some impossibly gorgeous woman is out there wondering how she wound up with 2 kids who look like ghouls in a Japanese horror movie from 2002.

Oh, and Tre looks like a mildly startled and annoyed very dumb cow.

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 17
On 12/14/2018 at 6:43 AM, Kdawg82 said:

Jennifer is living a sad, vacuous existence. Even five children can't fulfill her. Overeating and Chanel can't fulfill her. She needs some psychotherapy. Reminds me of Goldie Hawn in Overboard "everyone wants to be ME!" Turns out everyone just wants to get AWAY from YOU. It is sad.  I hope she gets help. But on a shallow note, her look appears to morph throughout the episode. Fillers? She becomes more and more of a bad, bloated drag queen with each ep. No offense to drag queens. 

I want to see Jennifer, her 5 teletubbies and her husband who is never home for the feeding frenzy because he is servicing going 'over and above' for his patients', do a 3 day Below Deck charter. For the love of Bravo, let it happen.

This is a divorce waiting to happen. She's rattling about in that tacky oversized mansion, gutsing out on Net A Porter and designer labels to fill the vacuum of self doubt her marriage has become. She seems totally unable to parent those kids even with 'help'. I bet the 'help' is how they get to school with lunches and to all their activities every day. And when HE comes home, I bet she hears all about what an incompetent parent she is, their issues are of her creation, she's lucky he supports her, now let's have another one. Did she have a life before marrying the bilious Bil? 

Maybe things will change, but for someone who skites so much about their material possessions, she's blanked out and doesn't seem interested in or passionate about anything. She's just playing a role.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Preach, preach, preach! I don't like either of the new wives, but this Jackie is just a smidgen too smug for a newbie. I wouldn't have any issue with Jackie's nasty (but truthful) comment if Tre had come at Jackie's husband and their marriage. But she didn't. It was a stupid argument between Mel and Tre. Dolores didn't want to be involved - her name was thrown in the mix and she wanted to defend herself. To wedge yourself into a family argument and go at your friend's family like that... just tasteless and gross. What did you think? You'd be besties with Tre after that? Jackie made an enemy - congrats to her. Now she can put up with Tre's wrath. Mel is too stupid to try a coup again - she'll defer to Tre at the end. Then sayonara Jackie and I'll happily be rid of her and her gleeful depiction of her food issues. 

I don't think Jackie ever thought she'd be best friends with Tre, or even wanted to. 

True, Teresa didn't bring up Jackie's family personally, but she kept making these sweeping generalizations about how wives can, and SHOULD, control their husbands. It was insanely hypocritical, given the ways Joe has embarrassed and disrespected  Teresa over the years. I don't know if I'D be able to stand there and listen to her say that, while the giant elephant in the room remained silent. 

And we'll have to agree to disagree about Dolores's desire to be involved. Yes, Teresa put her name out there that time; but this wasn't the first time Dolores has piped in with her two cents on the situation with Mel and Tre. Also, given her track record with Siggy, she definitely comes off as the type of person who will always nose her way into other's conversations. 

And, honestly, I don't really care. I tend to subscribe to Jackie's notion that you shouldn't have conversations in public if other people are forbidden from having an opinion on them. If Dolores can chime in, anyone can. Otherwise, leave the room. Go outside. 

• Love 17
44 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I don't think Jackie ever thought she'd be best friends with Tre, or even wanted to. 

True, Teresa didn't bring up Jackie's family personally, but she kept making these sweeping generalizations about how wives can, and SHOULD, control their husbands. It was insanely hypocritical, given the ways Joe has embarrassed and disrespected  Teresa over the years. I don't know if I'D be able to stand there and listen to her say that, while the giant elephant in the room remained silent. 

And we'll have to agree to disagree about Dolores's desire to be involved. Yes, Teresa put her name out there that time; but this wasn't the first time Dolores has piped in with her two cents on the situation with Mel and Tre. Also, given her track record with Siggy, she definitely comes off as the type of person who will always nose her way into other's conversations. 

And, honestly, I don't really care. I tend to subscribe to Jackie's notion that you shouldn't have conversations in public if other people are forbidden from having an opinion on them. If Dolores can chime in, anyone can. Otherwise, leave the room. Go outside. 

The best was Teresa telling everyone how Melissa manipulated the situation by turning on the tears, and then as Tre is talking to Joey in the garage, she tries the tears thing, projecting much? Come to think of it, Joe probably would be easy to manipulate, assuming one was willing to treat him like the gift from God he thinks he is, and ((gag)) have ((gag)) sex with him ((VOMIT)).

If Tre's so good at controlling Juicy, how come he bought her the wrong color Louis Vuitton shoes that Christmas? 

Edited by SweetieDarling
as and is are not the same
  • Love 8
On 12/13/2018 at 9:46 AM, sATL said:

I can understand the need to find a bond with your college kiddo... but asking him to bulk up from 170 to 225 for a body building competition? Why - does it have a scholarship $$ as a prize ?

I think high school Frankie was such a handsome kid. Now he looks roided up like his father. There is NOTHING remotely attractive to me about Frank, either.

• Love 11
On 12/12/2018 at 8:57 PM, Misslindsey said:

Uh......That bridal shower was..........something. 

I have the unpopular opinion of not liking Jackie. I do not like Jennifer either. They both annoy me far more than the rest of the ladies.

Jennifer buying stuff off Amazon to get her kids to play, because a 14 year old does not like the same things as however old her youngest is. Really? Do the kids always have to play together? Can't they all go their separate ways and do whatever each one is interested in? I am surprised Jennifer does not have a nanny for each kid. 

Joe's constant sex talk or references are so tired. I was glad when Melissa told him to stop it.

Delores really needs to stop relying on Frank so much. Maybe have him move out of her house. I hope she is in therapy or something. Was the gym that she and her mom worked out in the same one that Delores owned/was a partner in during the previous season?

In no way do I mean this as a confrontation or challenge but I'm curious as to why you don't like Jackie? 

So far I like her and feel she has one of the more palatable families in RHoNJ.

We'll see as time goes on. I then may agree with you.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

The best was Teresa telling everyone how Melissa manipulated the situation by turning on the tears, and then as Tre is talking to Joey in the garage, she tries the tears thing, projecting much? Come to think of it, Joe probably would be easy to manipulate, assuming one was willing to treat him like the gift from God he thinks he is, and ((gag)) have ((gag)) sex with him ((VOMIT)).

If Tre's so good at controlling Juicy, how come he bought her the wrong color Louis Vuitton shoes that Christmas? 

Knowing full well Tresea would blow a gasket, I have always wondered how Teresa would feel if her table was flipped and it was Joe's sister calling her on the carpet for not controlling Joe into doing what his sister wanted. She's such a fucking hypocrite.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Giselle said:

In no way do I mean this as a confrontation or challenge but I'm curious as to why you don't like Jackie? 

I'm not @Misslindsey but I didn't like her demeanour at her family dinner: she shouted questions (ones that would get an answer that positively reflected on her own self, plus the 'i'm a housewife and I CAN'T COOK' boom tish! routine, haven't seen THAT before, have we...) at everyone seated. She's a bit 'shouty'. Plus, writing a blog isn't necessarily 'journalism', especially a yummy mummy type parenting blog. I'm not finding much of interest with Jackie, except that she is coming for Teresa in a completely rational way. We can all relate to that. I would say this is what has clouded my vision of Jackie. On her own, she bores me. 

• Love 9
On 12/14/2018 at 11:33 AM, Bronzedog said:

I read the same article! Where WAS that? That article had me more positively disposed to Danielle's return. So I imagine it came out or was circulated prior to last season. Now I'm firmly back in 'Danielle is a shameless famewhore' territory and feel great sympathy for her children. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Giselle said:

So far I like her and feel she has one of the more palatable families in RHoNJ.

We'll see as time goes on. I then may agree with you.

I like her family supper well enough, but as far as her putting the whole prison stuff in Tre’s face?  Yah, no.  Tre served her time, it’s going on 3 years ago now since she got out. We all know Joe’s story too.  I’d be pissed off if someone I met 2 seconds ago tried to bring that up to me.  I’m saying this as a person who has served time myself and would prefer that people don’t bring it up and put it in my face, as I’ve moved on with my life, made my restitution, and really want it in my past.  It’s a public story for the G’s, I get that, but ...... 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love 8
8 hours ago, geauxaway said:

I like her family supper well enough, but as far as her putting the whole prison stuff in Tre’s face?  Yah, no.  Tre served her time, it’s going on 3 years ago now since she got out. We all know Joe’s story too.  I’d be pissed off if someone I met 2 seconds ago tried to bring that up to me.  I’m saying this as a person who has served time myself and would prefer that people don’t bring it up and put it in my face, as I’ve moved on with my life, made my restitution, and really want it in my past.  It’s a public story for the G’s, I get that, but ...... 🤷🏻‍♀️

I think Teresa was asking for that, though, with her insistence that women can control their husbands, particularly because her defense with regard to the criminal allegations was that Joe handled everything and she just wasn't careful. If anyone needed to have "controlled" their spouse, it was Teresa.

Other than situations like that, I agree it really does not need to be thrown in her face all of the time, particularly by "friends."

Personally, I'm neutral on Jackie. I don't like people who brag but it seems all the HW on every show brag so.... lol

• Love 10
On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:35 AM, ghoulina said:

She mentioned HER mother being super strict, and how she doesn't want to be that way with her kids. Okay, fine. Have you never heard of finding a happy medium? 

I found that so infurating when he said that. And the way she just casually brushed it off. Like, "Eh, it's okay. He doesn't dig toddlers, but he'll be back when you pump iron and talk about hot chicks together."  Fuck that. What kind of person, GOOD person, doesn't instantly fall in love with their child and want to spend time with them every day? 

I think all of these women (with maybe Jackie and Marge being the exceptions) are huge misogynists themselves.  They've been brainwashed to believe the man should always be in charge (unless it's the way he feels about something, then apparently the woman is in complete control) and the woman is basically a supporting character.  Tre has said a number of times in the past that she did 100% of everything when it came to child rearing and it looks like Delores lived a similar way.  The men aren't expected to actually be fathers beyond monetary support.  It's really antiquated and gross.  Delores crosses me as the type to make her daughter (who we never hear anything about) help her with cooking and housework while her son hangs out with his buddies. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Yes, but are you going around lecturing people about stuff that ultimately landed you in the slammer?  Because that's what Tre was doing with all of her "a wife can control her husband" nonsense.

• Love 16
51 minutes ago, lezlers said:

Yes, but are you going around lecturing people about stuff that ultimately landed you in the slammer?  Because that's what Tre was doing with all of her "a wife can control her husband" nonsense.

I'm in NO way defending Teresa, but, in her world, I think when she talks about controlling her husband she means in an attempt to get something SHE wants, or that will benefit HER directly. If it doesn't directly involve her, I don't think she really cares, as long as the money was still coming in, and she could buy Gucci booties for the baby. imo, that's why she so willingly signed the papers that eventually landed her in jail. Joe told her it was ok, she really didn't care one way or the other, because it's business stuff and she's more concerned about the superficial and material things than the details on where the money came from, as long as it didn't interfere with her blissfully ignorant lifestyle. jmo.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

I'm in NO way defending Teresa, but, in her world, I think when she talks about controlling her husband she means in an attempt to get something SHE wants, or that will benefit HER directly. If it doesn't directly involve her, I don't think she really cares, as long as the money was still coming in, and she could buy Gucci booties for the baby. imo, that's why she so willingly signed the papers that eventually landed her in jail. Joe told her it was ok, she really didn't care one way or the other, because it's business stuff and she's more concerned about the superficial and material things than the details on where the money came from, as long as it didn't interfere with her blissfully ignorant lifestyle. jmo.

Well, Joe cheating on her and calling her a c*** and a bitch on national television certainly involved her.  Or verbally abusing her and their children on TV when he was waiting to surrender himself for his stint in prison.  Also add to that the fact that Joe not seeing Nonno (which I believe is a really loaded situation, since Joe and his father seem to have a very complicated relationship stemming from decades of perceived wrongs on both sides) isn't something that directly affects Melissa, outside of Teresa harassing her about it.  That's also what gets me: Teresa's sense of entitlement that Melissa somehow must convince Joe to do his sister's bidding, despite his sister consistently treating Melissa like shit.  It's kind of amazing to watch.

• Love 17
22 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

I think high school Frankie was such a handsome kid. Now he looks roided up like his father. There is NOTHING remotely attractive to me about Frank, either.

Agreed! He lost so much of his good looks. His skin looked really bad as well. I can't help but think he's using steroids. It makes me kind of sad. Like, Frank, can't you just love him the way he is?

• Love 9
On December 15, 2018 at 3:49 PM, lilmarysunshine said:

Frank Sr looks a lot like Jax from Vanderpump Rules.  That meaty, bloated face and body... They both creep me out.  Frank Jr seems like a sweet kid, hope he doesn't take after daddy too much.

Unpopular opinion but I didn't mind the sex shop scene much.  Hell I probably would shop at a place like that if it was near me- the ones in my area are skeevy.  The bachelorette was pathetic though.  But pretty much anything about Danielle is pathetic.  I do agree though that her kids seem like great and elegant young women - to the point that maybe a DNA test is in order.

I do love Marge still.  Her line about asking for charitable donations as wedding gifts had me cheering.

Still love Jackie and can't wait to see her continue to call Teresa on her BS.

WTF Jill Zarin???!

• Love 6

This used to be one of my favorite franchises - so delightfully tacky and unaware - but it is now saddled with Has Been's and Never Was's. 

It is the "Tre" Vanity and Court Reparation Project. The only thing that is making it somewhat watchable is that someone like Jackie is not afraid to go toe-to-toe with Teresa. She speaks truth to imbeciles. 

• Love 7

I remember Andy Cohen saying there were housewives who were good controversial and those who were bad controversial: Teresa Guidice and Bethenny Frankel are good, Danielle Staub is bad. There's a good segment of Wendy Williams show with Danielle on YouTube where she expresses surprise on not being a full-time housewife.  

Delores is so boring, I just don't care about Frank or Frankie or her relationship with Frank Sr.  I read they had a hard time casting for this season, if Jen and Jackie are as good as it gets, I fear for the future of this franchise.  I'd love to see Melissa's sister's and Teresa's in-laws cast as regulars!  

The article by Danielle's daughter was interesting, and saddening. I find the manipulation that goes on with these reality shows fascinating and grosse.  Ego and greed are so dangerous.

• Love 2

@Irritable

Teresa looks like some kind of hairy bottom-dwelling fish now, especially when her mouth hangs open, which is pretty much all the time. 

giphy.gif

@ghoulina

Yea, but my thing is that Joey is too scared to ever say that shit to her face. Or even on camera outside of her presence. So he just loved that someone else said it. 

I don't get that he's scared of his sister at all, given he's called her "garbage" and "scum" straight to her jacked face, and has mentioned her legal/financial issues on camera. It seemed he was just surprised (and rather amused) that Jackie had the ovaries to call Teresa out on her nonsense.

@Kdawg82

Watching old episodes of Gia crying over her mom and uncle Joe's feud at the Milania pizzeria bday party was gut wrenching.  If they just stayed away from each other, the child wouldn't be shaking and crying at school. 

I never bought that Gia's pitiful song was strictly about her mom and uncle fighting. For one thing, Teresa was the one who said it was, and she's a liar who always blames her family's ills on someone else. Also, I found it hard to believe that Gia would've been more grief-stricken over that feud when her daily home life was so full of turmoil courtesy of her fuckstick parents and their buttload of problems.

Christine looked stunning.

• Love 11

Deep thoughts upon viewing this episode:

--They blurred out the sex toys but did not blur or bleep out the word "cock"?  Interesting choice. 

--Melissa and Teresa are two sides of a coin.  Teresa, I think, is a compelling reality TV "character," but I don't think she'd be very much fun to hang out with in real life.  Melissa is duller than dirt on this show, but I think she'd actually be pretty okay to have as a "surface" friend (anything more than that would get grating).  She'd be a cool girl to go clubbing with, and she'd definitely lend you a tampon in the bathroom if you needed one.  We'd have to meet at the club, though, because I'd never want to spend a single second with her husband.  Dolores somehow manages to be both boring *and* annoying.  Blech.  I enjoy Margaret's one-liners from time to time, and I think she'd be fun in small doses IRL. 

--Damn, Teresa, you can't even just say, "Of course I love Melissa"?  Cold.

--Jackie is unrecognizable in her childhood photos.

--Raise your hand if you think Teresa or Melissa had heard of The Great Gatsby prior to filming this episode.....  *crickets*....

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, jaync said:

I don't get that he's scared of his sister at all, given he's called her "garbage" and "scum" straight to her jacked face, and has mentioned her legal/financial issues on camera. It seemed he was just surprised (and rather amused) that Jackie had the ovaries to call Teresa out on her nonsense.

Maybe not so much scared of Tre, herself; but scared of going against her. Scared of rocking the boat and looking like "the bad guy". Again. He and Mel came on this show and went hard for Tre. That didn't work out so well. Tre is clearly a fan/network favorite and ain't going anywhere. Repairing their relationship and being supportive during her troubles worked far better for him. But I imagine there's still a lot of anger and resentment simmering under the surface. I'm sure he sometimes wishes he could say certain things, so he seemed happy someone else said it for him. 

• Love 3
On 12/13/2018 at 12:32 AM, LilaFowler said:

Jackie actually thinks that she's going to buddy up to Melissa and the two of them are going to take down Queen Teresa. Someone tell her to watch Jacqueline Laurita's final seasons on the show. Wacky Jac thought she could do the same thing and then Melissa turned around and sided with Tre. She knows where her bread is buttered.

In the previews for the next episode, Teresa really seemed to be breaking the fourth wall with all the "You've been here a hot minute; keep talking like that and you'll be gone [paraphrasing]" stuff.  If she had any sense (clearly we're dealing in hypotheticals here...), she'd want to keep Jackie around, since this show is her bread and butter, and the drama is good for the show.

• Love 5
On 12/13/2018 at 7:18 PM, HunterHunted said:

Didn’t Delores’s daughter graduate from veterinary school? Or was attending veterinary school? ...But yeah...that’s all I’ve got. 

• Love 2