Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E21: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I loved how everyone was staring at her.  No one in that room bought her act.  Emily looked like she could cut someone (then again, she often does).  

I agree with a poster above.  I feel like she moved to the OC only to be on the show.  Given the track record of these shows on people's children, she might want to rethink that.  I hope she's a one and done.  Her screeching scares the cat. 

I wonder just how did Gina get on the show.  Know somebody?  All the way from N.Y. to Orange County.  Hmmmmm.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Let’s get Tati on the Housewives! She’d fit right in!

2 hours ago, SCS said:

You know, she does live in LA . . . .

2 hours ago, JennyMominFL said:

That would be amazing. She can bring Boobra. Come to think of it, James does have a Slade Smiley vibe

James is totally a Slade! Do you all remember when it looked like YouTuber Brianna Stanko was going to be on RHOC? She moved from Georgia to California and started hanging out with Icki. And I think that pretty quickly sent her running back to Georgia...

BTW: I also now have images of Gina staring in Tati’s gold mirror in my head... I don’t know enough about photo editing to make it happen though!

D4CC6403-D573-4C4B-AF46-30477D5E1BAA.jpeg

9518A22E-7571-43E7-81D0-17A4B4E293AE.jpeg

8215439D-1351-4571-9801-640B45935412.jpeg

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I wonder just how did Gina get on the show.  Know somebody?  All the way from N.Y. to Orange County.  Hmmmmm.

There's a good chance I'm wrong (because I don't watch RHOC much) but IIRC, Tamra mentioned that she brought one (Gina?) on the show. Thanks Tamra. Go back to training for a muscle woman competition. It's the only thing you did successfully. But since you can't drink alcohol to be in a fitness competition, we know you'll never compete again.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

There's a good chance I'm wrong (because I don't watch RHOC much) but IIRC, Tamra mentioned that she brought one (Gina?) on the show. Thanks Tamra. Go back to training for a muscle woman competition. It's the only thing you did successfully. But since you can't drink alcohol to be in a fitness competition, we know you'll never compete again.

Figures ... birds of a feather.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Should Be Working said:

OK, let's start with some random reaction shots of Gina Casita in response to Shannon from last night's part 3 reunion.....................

Dec12_1.JPG.97d09662258535be7d8a3645b069b024.JPGDec12_2.thumb.JPG.b30a6b6a9fa20a6a9bd0c047e0c883c4.JPGDec12_3.JPG.da4be25a43615debcd5f020d63dfdd8f.JPGDec12_9.JPG.7ee103c80a2287416930b7ced85eba38.JPGDec12_13.thumb.JPG.b3808b34d600b39bc2960a2ddf1d32f2.JPG

A picture conveys a thousand words, and together with her actions it's clear that Gina Casita has hated Shannon's guts from the start, views her with utter contempt and resentment, and has been out to denegrate and destroy her from the very start of this season. But why? One, Tamra no doubt coached her on Shannon's hoity toity and self-absorbed ways before shooting even started (as she probably did with Meghan Edmonds). On a more Freudian level, perhaps Shannon reminds her of all those wealthier, well-educated women on Long Island who saw right through her low-rent, shit-stirring nature during her younger years and dismissed her accordingly and Shannon is payback. Third, she needed to hit the ground running during her first season, impress the hell Andy and the other producers right off the bat, show herself to be a very capable but younger Tamra version 2.0, ensure her place on the show.

Her season-long obsessive focus (and that of the others) on Shannon's fragile mental health has been a non sequitur, a red herring. from the start. Sure, Shannon has always been a vulnerable lady prone to obsessive thinking and feeling sorry for herself, but her mental health issues absolutely pale by comparison to the shortcomings, dysfunctions, and transgressions of all of the other housewives (with perhaps the exception of Emily). Tamra's long and sordid history of intentional cruelty and duplicity. Vicki's raging malignant narcissism and her many shady antics with Brookes, culminating in the cancer scam. Kelly Dodd, while she's proven to be a relatively reliable friend, continues with manic episodes and outbursts that make a wild pinball game seem like a relaxing yoga session.  Still, the constant topic this season (and the reunion show),  to the nearly complete exclusion of nearly all else, has been Shannon's precarious mental health and outrageous selfishness. It's all very selective and calculated. And wrong.

Near the end of the third reunion episode, Gina Casita, her arms flailing and eyes jumping out of their sockets, explodes at Shannon "You are an open book of bullshit!!" No, Gina, you, your fellow castmates, and the show's producers have been the real bullshitters. Shannon needs to climb out of this tank of vicious and relentless barracudas and get on with own her life in healthy, positive ways, far far away from the vicious RHOC cameras, producers, and cast.

Right on. And like Tamra, she's jealous of Shannon's so-called "rich girl problems" and probably fumes when she's in the crappy casita. Love the Gina Casita.

She also better be careful making those hideous faces because like my mum and my friends' mums used to stay, her face might get stuck in one of them one day.

Edited by politichick
to add something
  • Love 9

Sorry not sorry - Kelly cracks me up "Get your Bish under control" to Emily... snort laughed... speaking of Emily - threatening to kill Kelly over Kelly talking smack about her leprechaun hubs? Em needs some help. Yikes.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Oh no - a butter face would imply that she has a great body.  Like she's got everything, butter face.

I think her figure is great.  I also think Vicki has a good figure, which just made me puke to admit.  They both carry extra weight well.  Neither one knows how to dress though. 

This bitch grew up rough and tumble.  She managed to get through law school, and she has a thin veneer of reason and social ability, but this shit is going down like the Jenga game I sabotaged this weekend.   Her husband fucking hates her, and probably makes her walk on eggshells constantly. 

Shannon is coming back fit and ready to fight these damn peasants.  

Kelly is iffy to me, but I think like Shannon, she’s pretty authentic.  Sick of these sea hags with fake storylines.

• Love 12

My take on the Reunion was it was a Shannon pile-on shit show.  Andy Cohen went pretty easy on everybody else.  I don't feel like rewatching last night's episode but did Tams ask Shannon if they could be friends again?  If so, quite calculating.  She knows where the cameras will be next season (if there is one).

I could go on and on about Tamra but she is pretty good at playing the victim, too.  As far as Shannon not going to Cut Fitness and Tam's beef with that, why didn't Tam send a personal trainer to her?  The trainer could wear a Cut Fitness T-shirt and problem solved.  The Plaza Hotel incident?  Shannon strikes me as a reasonable sort.  If Tams had said The Plaza would be difficult because the rates exceeded their Per Diems, I think Shannon would want to stay somewhere else to be with them.  Asking a make-up artist accompanying you to do make-up?  M-Kay.  Being late for dinner reservations?  Uh, Manhattan, hello, the city doesn't sleep.  Go somewhere else.

It will be interesting to see what tweaks happen in the off-season.  It is clear they need them.

• Love 10

Ug.  This episode was 85% of Gina dramatics and carrying on about things that she knows NOTHING about.

Now i have a headache.

This was a complete waste of time.

After all these years of watching, I am officially done.

P.s. Gina - you SUCK!

• Love 12
29 minutes ago, ezzy4 said:

Ug.  This episode was 85% of Gina dramatics and carrying on about things that she knows NOTHING about.

Now i have a headache.

This was a complete waste of time.

P.s. Gina - you SUCK!

ME TOO !

I was skipping episodes. Didn't care about finale or reunions, when normally I'd record and watch all each season.

Real HW watcher of all the franchises, {except recent years of New Jersey). 

I am done with the OC.

B-O-R-I-N-G.  And really over the top forced plots and contrived. 

*Geeze, just when I thought I'd like the season more without Brianna and her tribe. LOL !!!

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 4

OMG Gina is so insane......I see behaviour on here that is cringeworthy and bitchy but she is so beyond that, she's loud, brash, uncalled for and there is not one likeable part of her.  If she's back next year I won't watch. She once again lets into Shannon then when her screeching didn't seem to be working she goes into the phoniest apology I have ever seen LOL.  She must think she's a drama queen. Her voice!!!

Edited by endure
  • Love 14
6 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I loved the exclusive pre reunion footage where tamra was pissed shannon froze her out lol. Does tamra not recall that it took most of season 10 for shannon to talk to her...and what she did than pales in comparison to what tamra was doing to her in season 13.  So I dont forsee shannon being anything but cordial to tamra in the future.  And gretchen called it (still remember that Wwhl where she warned shannon..and shannon was defending Tamra.).

Even Kelly told Gina, this episode, that Shannon didn't talk with her for 2 years.  It's her mo.  And saying to Gina the equivalent of"big deal."

But personally, hearing Shannon say things like that "that's the way I am"  and having usual seatmates (Vicki) on trips that makes it easier on poor her, I have even less and less pity for her.  Like other people above have said, learn to be sociable with your coworkers.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, MajorNelson said:

Even Kelly told Gina, this episode, that Shannon didn't talk with her for 2 years.  It's her mo.  And saying to Gina the equivalent of"big deal."

But personally, hearing Shannon say things like that "that's the way I am"  and having usual seatmates (Vicki) on trips that makes it easier on poor her, I have even less and less pity for her.  Like other people above have said, learn to be sociable with your coworkers.

Right, she doesn't have to like Gina or Emily.  She doesn't need to be friends with them.  But, it's not being "the kind, good person" that Shannon proclaims herself to be to announce, to their FACES, that she just doesn't like them.  Or to basically tell people she doesn't have time to get to know them or that they are just too new to bother with.  If other people (like Kelly), are ok with that being the status quo, that's a choice Kelly can make, but, it doesn't make it ok or right.  It still makes Shannon an asshole for not at least being cordial.  

• Love 6
4 hours ago, politichick said:

Right on. And like Tamra, she's jealous of Shannon's so-called "rich girl problems" and probably fumes when she's in the crappy casita. Love the Gina Casita.

She also better be careful making those hideous faces because like my mum and my friends' mums used to stay, her face might get stuck in one of them one day.

I’d pay to see that.

• Love 5

-I feel like I'm in La La Land regarding Kelly.

To me, Kelly is a lunatic.  Sure, she has her better moments.  But overall, she's nuts.  She was NUTS going off on Shane.

-Meanwhile - though she has her own issues - I find Emily to be one of the saner, calmer, more intelligent women of the bunch and am right along with her with just about every observation she makes. 

Sure, she should't have said what she said to Kelly ....... but do you blame her based on all the insane crap Kelly was spewing at her and her husband?

To me, it's night and day as to who was in the wrong in that whole debacle.

-Shannon's a mess.  But I find her endearing ... most of the time.

-Vicky is in full-on "I'm gonna appear sane, I'm gonna appear sane, I'M GONNA APPEAR SANE" mode to save face.

-Tamra will always be a pot-stirrer and love drama.  But while I don't always agree with how she handled her Shannon issues, I understood her frustrations, too.

-And Gina.  Obnoxious beyond!  And yet.  AND YET.  I also think she said a lot of truths about Shannon and some of the other women throughout the season.

-My early prediction for next season is that Shannon becomes BFFs with Gina, but can't find a way with Emily and either consciously or unconsciously messes up the Gina/Emily friendship dynamic.

Edited by filmfan2480
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

But he is on the show, and has interacted with them on camera.  Emily is the one who keeps trying to "explain" him to the other women, and to the viewing audience in her THs.

Yes. If she doesn't want to explain him, then don't bring him on camera, because he's not going to stop being a dick.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, endure said:

Does anyone here like Gina? Does anyone want to see her back next season?

I didn't mind her.  If she's back, I'll be curious to see how things go.  I liked that at the beginning of the season she spoke her mind and went to the source to clear things up if she had something to say, like with Vicki and the girl code thing.  She had the same reaction that the rest of the world did, that Vicki was wrong, and then she met separately with Vicki to tell her, look, it's how I see it, I get that you may not agree, and it's cool.  We don't have to have a huge thing, I was just saying what I thought.  And then they dropped it.  She also did the same with the Emily/Shane thing.  

I think the whole situation with Shannon ended up being kind of tricky, because fundamentally, Gina wasn't wrong, Shannon was basically being a dick to them.  Shannon doesn't have to like them or become sorority sisters with them, but, as a decent human being, she could be polite.  She could acknowledge that they are there and that they have feelings and stuff.  And, she really didn't do that, she pretty much blew them off.  When Gina's divorce came up, Shannon made that about her and her own divorce, because it's not possible that Gina's could be different.  Even Shannon's apology to Gina was something weird about how Gina's situation was triggering something in Shannon relating to the divorce and how she had wanted it to be a smoother situation, so Shannon couldn't be nice to Gina? I mean, that might make sense and be an apology or an excuse if she had an outburst ONCE, but she blew her off every time they got together, she didn't ever bother to just be cordial.  And, Gina's not wrong for calling this out, regardless of the fact that Shannon has "always been this way"  It's still not ok.  

And then there's the whole showing up after Shannon's surgery.  I kind of see where Gina was coming from, as far as wanting to make sure she had clean hands since they had made a bit of progress with being friends.  But, it's also the classic conundrum, you're cleaning your hands while throwing other people under the bus, and you're basically stirring shit even if you don't mean to.  I don't think she particularly meant to throw people under the bus or stir shit, but, with Shannon (or, really, any of the women), you're lobbing bombs and you just never know how things will go.  I actually think Gina told the truth about the off camera exchanges, Shannon corrected some wording, but she basically backed down on a lot of it, so I think Shannon wanted to know more and she called back and used whatever she could to pry the info out of Gina and Tamra.  I totally believe she told Gina she was in a custody fight, and I also believe she went to Tamra and said Gina was talking about her, because it would give her more information from each person.  Shannon may not even do this shit on purpose, but it's pretty much par for the course with her, and she usually starts arguing back that she didn't do this or she didn't say that and at some point it dawns on her that, oh, shit I did, and she stops fighting it.  

You could see that with the whole NY trip with Tamra.  She started to argue about it.  You could tell she had insisted on the Plaza, and I can believe that Tamra did end up agreeing to stay there just to shut her up.  She also started to try to tell Tamra that the whole story wasn't true, that none of it was true, but then Tamra stood her ground and pointed out what had happened, and suddenly Shannon admits that she didn't realize the make up person was there to do just Tamra's makeup and "I only asked her to do my eyes!" When Tamra pointed out that she kept asking her to do this and then this and then this, while the Tamra ended up having to do her own makeup and the makeup person was like "I don't know what to do" Shannon suddenly says "I didn't know, you didn't tell me that ahead of time, I didn't mean to take that much time"  But, just 2 minutes ago, absolutely none of it ever happened!

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

What is wrong with Shannon's mouth?  She looks like a baby bird when she talks!!  Or has she always looked like that & I didn't notice?

It did look like her mouth wasn’t moving right - “baby bird” is a good way to put it!

• Love 2
6 hours ago, endure said:

I do. I'm probably the only member of my own Country-Club, but I do. And I think she was quite accurate and on point on a lot of things !

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, Diane Mars said:

I do. I'm probably the only member of my own Country-Club, but I do. And I think she was quite accurate and on point on a lot of things !

Nope, I'm here in the club with you. I enjoyed watching her cut through the bullshit. 

Fave moment of part 3: When Shannon said that she was dealing with a custody case (to explain why the mental health questions upset her) only to vehemently deny ever telling Gina she was dealing with a custody case less than a minute later.  

Edited by snarts
To add my fave moment
  • Love 9
On 2018-12-09 at 11:11 PM, Juniebaby said:

What really bugs me is towards the end when Gina was apologizing to Shannon, she said she’s hurting too and that she had her heart broken also.  How did they let her say that without asking her if it’s a mutual divorce why is her heart broken.  If she wanted it and it’s amicable why is her heart broken.  For all the digging they do, how did they let that slide by without jumping on it.

IDK because her heart is broken mourning for what could have been and didn’t work out. My sister is getting divorced and wants to be divorced but still she is sad it is over. Just because Gina is amicably divorcing (or she says she is) doesn’t mean it still cannot break her heart.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

What is wrong with Shannon's mouth?  She looks like a baby bird when she talks!!  Or has she always looked like that & I didn't notice?

Looks like she's had some fillers after her upper & lower bleph.  She probably figured, the eyes came out so great, let me see what else I can do with my face, and just like that.....it's too much.

Unfortunate, because in her TH's this season, which were obviously done post-surgery, she looked terrific.  She's ruined it.  Hope she gets a good look at her reunion face and lays off the fillers, but I have a feeling she won't.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

8215439D-1351-4571-9801-640B45935412.jpeg

This is the face grandma makes when unexpected guests arrive after she's taken out her upper and lower dentures for the night.

Instead of putting her teeth back in, she sits there protruding her lips so it looks like she has teeth in there.

When Gina confessed that she had her heart broken by a man - why did I not think she was talking about Matt?

• Love 16
14 hours ago, albarino said:

My take on the Reunion was it was a Shannon pile-on shit show.  Andy Cohen went pretty easy on everybody else.  

He needs to take more control or it gets repetitious and stupid. He wanted it to become beat up on Shannon night and so it was. 

Vicki flung a knife at Kelly during Part I and so sat back quietly and smugly for Parts II and III. Her work done. She could have gone home.

Emily's dress was sausage tight, but I don't blame it for the abrupt bursts of temper.  Yikes. I wouldn't want to cross this women. She is scary.  As is the other newcomer, crazy eyed Gina so obviously desperate for a foothold in the franchise.

Anyway, they are all exhausting to watch.  No  joy or camaraderie  to be found anywhere.  I think I'm done with them after this season of nastiness.

Kudos to the reunion camera operators and editing department, tho.  The close up shots of bug eyed crazy Gina and Tamra's evil pucker of glee as she watched the ruckus against Shannon were pure gold.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, snarts said:

Nope, I'm here in the club with you. I enjoyed watching her cut through the bullshit. 

Fave moment of part 3: When Shannon said that she was dealing with a custody case (to explain why the mental health questions upset her) only to vehemently deny ever telling Gina she was dealing with a custody case less than a minute later.  

Yes, Shannon is either loose with words or perhaps an idiot.  She doesn't know to pay her water bill and doesn't what her custody status is.  In March 2018 she and David agreed to joint legal and joint physical custody (this is when she took 22.5k/mo instead of 30k/mo).  This is something common and unlikely to change.  David already thought she was nuts.  She is in an alimony battle, not a custody battle.  And then more recently in October (15th) when they were in court, there were a variety of requests but NOTHING about the custody.  For completeness, note, the reunion show was taped 10/25.  So at the reunion she could probably deny she was in a custody battle, because she wasn't (ever), but back in time with Gina, those words may have slipped out because she was frazzled and sloppy/idiotic.  And maybe since Gina wasn't a "friend" Shannon does not have to be precise with her words.  I lean toward her being idiotic or at best...frazzled.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, endure said:

Not even a teeny tiny bit. I think she’s rude, obnoxious and someone I’d never be comfortable with. I think she adds little to nothing on the show. I think she got herself confused with Joan Crawford last night. In several scenes she looked like ole Joan in the infamous “NO WIRE HANGERS” in Mommy Dearest. I can’t watch another season with her, so Andy it’s her or me.

• Love 12
On 12/9/2018 at 11:36 PM, angelamh66 said:

I think Tamra sucks but I understand what she means about not being able to address her issues with Shannon. I have a friend like that. Any time I would try to address an issue I was having with something she had done or said, she would get upset and say I was making her feel like a horrible person and somehow I ended up being the one comforting her. It was ridiculous. 

Is your friend over 60 because I swear you are describing my mother.

• Love 5

I think Shannon could have been more welcoming to Emily; but Gina came HARD for Shannon from the get-go. She was all over Shannon about not stopping Kelly from lashing out at David. She seemed to take any opportunity to call Shannon out and I think Shannon immediately put up an even bigger wall with her. Emily kind of got caught in the cross-fires, which is unfortunate. But I would not have tried with Gina after her initial behavior. 

I totally agree.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, red12 said:

think Tamra sucks but I understand what she means about not being able to address her issues with Shannon. I have a friend like that. Any time I would try to address an issue I was having with something she had done or said, she would get upset and say I was making her feel like a horrible person and somehow I ended up being the one comforting her.

I think if it were anyone other than Tamra I would give them the benefit of the doubt. But, being so familiar with Tamra's MO, I don't buy that Tamra ever actually tried to address her issues with Shannon. I think Tamra liked there being this unresolved thing because it gave her a convenient card to play when she was ready to get rid of Shannon. That card would lose it's power if Shannon were the least bit aware that Tamra had an issue with her. Instead, Tamra could use it to lure in the new girls, trash talk Shannon, and get sympathy from the other women all with Shannon thinking that she has a devoted and supportive friend in Tamra. That way, Tamra can let the others blindside Shannon and still keep her hands clean. 

I also don't think Tamra was all that upset that Shannon wasn't constantly checking in with her about Eddie. Mainly, because I don't think that Tamra was really all that interested in what Eddie was going through herself. But, like Shannon's neediness it gave her a really convenient card to play if she needed to be the victim.

• Love 21
17 hours ago, pieinmyeye said:

Wish me luck, I’m going in. I forgot the stupid reunion was on so I’ve not seen it. I’ve also read few comments. Here I go......... 

Yeah...go right ahead. Be the canary in the cave! Lol

• Love 5

It says a lot about this season, that three of the housewives picked a situation involving Shannon as the one thing they regretted about this season. 

While Kelly said she felt bad for saying that David was a saint for dealing with Shannon, I thought it was pretty rich when she actually said it. Did she watch herself during the seasons she was married to Michael? He was a saint for putting up with her.

Has Emily ever shared before they she is on anti anxiety medication? If she had before this reunion episode, I missed it. I have a couple of friends on meds for anxiety, and the struggle is real. But damn, Emily has a lot of nerve comparing her mother to Shannon, who is going through a contentious divorce. Presumably Emily's anxiety is a disorder and not situational,, as Shannon's divorce it. Emily needs to zip it. 

Who ever came up with the nickname Gina Casita, thank you! It is perfect. However I hope to never have to type the name again, as I hope Casita is one and done. Whenever she is on my screen with her various facial contortions, this is who she reminds me of: 

hqdefault.jpg.6ea82ac16c2b5825ba040bfd33ebcb51.jpg

• Love 14

Shannon's anxiety THIS season is about her divorce.  She's had it every other season, though.  At least one of the seasons, her marriage was fixed back up, so it shouldn't have been as big of a thing, but it was still there.  And, during her marriage "good times" before the cheating, she was going to Dr Moon for all sorts of crap, along with burying crystals in the house, and whatever else she could find to control her surroundings.  Ultimately, Shannon has been bandaiding a lot of stuff and passing it off as being related to an issue with this one thing or that one person being the problem, but, it seems like there's kind of a common thread that she needs to get a handle on.  I'm not saying that other people don't play a part, or that David cheating, the divorce, etc, aren't issues that have impacts, but, Shannon wasn't always on solid ground when those things were not going on, so, it just magnified the fact that she has to get a handle on the problems that SHE can control within her own life.  But she needs to do it in a real way, not by having Dr Moon get the anger out of her liver or burying crystals in her house.  

• Love 7
57 minutes ago, smores said:

Shannon's anxiety THIS season is about her divorce.  She's had it every other season, though.  At least one of the seasons, her marriage was fixed back up, so it shouldn't have been as big of a thing, but it was still there.  And, during her marriage "good times" before the cheating, she was going to Dr Moon for all sorts of crap, along with burying crystals in the house, and whatever else she could find to control her surroundings.  Ultimately, Shannon has been bandaiding a lot of stuff and passing it off as being related to an issue with this one thing or that one person being the problem, but, it seems like there's kind of a common thread that she needs to get a handle on.  I'm not saying that other people don't play a part, or that David cheating, the divorce, etc, aren't issues that have impacts, but, Shannon wasn't always on solid ground when those things were not going on, so, it just magnified the fact that she has to get a handle on the problems that SHE can control within her own life.  But she needs to do it in a real way, not by having Dr Moon get the anger out of her liver or burying crystals in her house.  

I agree - something deeper is going on.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I think Shannon could have been more welcoming to Emily; but Gina came HARD for Shannon from the get-go. She was all over Shannon about not stopping Kelly from lashing out at David. 

I agree Gina came out the gates with her sights set on Shannon, for some reason.

Refresh my memory about Kelly and David?  Kelly had problems with Vicki/Michael and of course with Shane.  And a little bit Tamra/Eddie-David.   Was this something about his history?  If so wasn't that more Vicki?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, smores said:

From what Shannon said, there were never "good times" in her marriage, and her marriage was never "fixed back up". It seems like David has been verbally abusive and controlling during their whole marriage. For me that is certainly believable, given how he has acted since they separated. And at times during the marriage since Shannon has been on the show. I can't imagine what it was like to be told for 17 plus years that you are worthless, a drunk, etc. etc. I hope Shannon flourishes now that she is rid of the dead weight around her neck. 

OTOH, my friends who have an anxiety disorder have had it pretty much their whole lives, though not diagnosed in one case for many years (before much was known about it). Which makes me wonder why Emily is on anti anxiety meds. Often mental illnesses/disorders are passed down, (or take another form)  so hers may be related to her mother's mental illness.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 4

I'm not saying David is a saint.  Please don't think that I am, because I think he's a douche and I'm glad I don't have to watch him on the show.  But, I don't think the fact that he's an asshole makes Shannon a saint and all of the problems automatically him.  He can be a fucking tool and Shannon can also be selfish.  Some of the things he said (her being selfish and perhaps drinking too much), do seem to play out with other people as well.  I also think that perhaps he may have tried to say those things to her in a better, more appropriate way, but Shannon doesn't really seem to hear things constructively, she hears only attacks.  Again, do I believe David was horrible and nasty and cut her down a lot? YES, absolutely.  But, at the same time, I think there had to be times that were good, or else what was the point of staying after he cheated?  And, since Shannon seems to have had these issues with other people during and after her marriage with David, I just think she has to look at what she has the ability to control within herself.  

Essentially, I guess what I'm saying is that even if David is 100% of the problem, Shannon is only able to control Shannon.  Even if Gina or Tamra or Vicki is the problem, Shannon can still only control Shannon.  And, thus far, Shannon has not been able to really do that.  That is the thing I think she really needs to get a handle on, for her own sake, and I don't mean that in a snarky way at all, I genuinely hope she is able to.  She's incredibly high strung, and she needs to figure out that she can only control what she does.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, smores said:

I'm not saying David is a saint.  Please don't think that I am, because I think he's a douche and I'm glad I don't have to watch him on the show.  But, I don't think the fact that he's an asshole makes Shannon a saint and all of the problems automatically him.  He can be a fucking tool and Shannon can also be selfish.  Some of the things he said (her being selfish and perhaps drinking too much), do seem to play out with other people as well.  I also think that perhaps he may have tried to say those things to her in a better, more appropriate way, but Shannon doesn't really seem to hear things constructively, she hears only attacks.  Again, do I believe David was horrible and nasty and cut her down a lot? YES, absolutely.  But, at the same time, I think there had to be times that were good, or else what was the point of staying after he cheated?  And, since Shannon seems to have had these issues with other people during and after her marriage with David, I just think she has to look at what she has the ability to control within herself.  

Essentially, I guess what I'm saying is that even if David is 100% of the problem, Shannon is only able to control Shannon.  Even if Gina or Tamra or Vicki is the problem, Shannon can still only control Shannon.  And, thus far, Shannon has not been able to really do that.  That is the thing I think she really needs to get a handle on, for her own sake, and I don't mean that in a snarky way at all, I genuinely hope she is able to.  She's incredibly high strung, and she needs to figure out that she can only control what she does.

I think we are comparing apples and oranges. My first post was to point out that Emily herself is on anti anxiety meds, while claiming that Shannon reminds her of her mentally ill mother. Yes, Shannon can be selfish and drink too much. I think drinking too much is almost a requirement of a HoWife, judging from the three franchises I watch (OC, NY and BH). Selfish if right up there too. We do not know though if Emily is on anti anxiety meds for an actual disorder, or because they can be over prescribed by some doctors. 

It will be interesting to see how Shannon is next year, assuming she returns. I admire how well she has done this year considered her dick of an ex is dragging out the divorce, partly by refusing to do something as basic as get an attorney. I also admire her for starting a business and getting on QVC, more than once from what I understand. 

Edited to add - as far as why David stayed after cheating? Who knows. I doubt it was the first time he cheated, but the first time it played out on TV. Maybe he stayed for the girls, who seemed so hopeful when he surprised Shannon with the vow renewal. Hard to say with David why he stayed, seeing he was so cold that he actually gave his wedding ring to a daughter to give to Shannon. Shannon said he iced he out again right after the renewal, so it doesn't seem like he was really vested in trying. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 7

From what Shannon said, there were never "good times" in her marriage, and her marriage was never "fixed back up". It seems like David has been verbally abusive and controlling during their whole marriage. For me that is certainly believable, given how he has acted since they separated. And at times during the marriage since Shannon has been on the show. I can't imagine what it was like to be told for 17 plus years that you are worthless, a drunk, etc. etc. I hope Shannon flourishes now that she is rid of the dead weight around her neck. 

Please.  Based on what we originally saw in their first season, SHANNON was the control freak, wouldn't let him eat chips before dinner, had to feng shui the entire house, was mad at him about not using the right silverware at dinner...  Back then, I was thinking, "HE needs to divorce her." And really, how could you take seriously the comments of a man whose voice registers right up there with Mickey Mouse?  

• Love 4

It looks like Vicki has been playing around with her tranquilizer dosage. What the hell does her tweet mean?  That Kelly is out of a job because the Vickster said "I don't use cocaine" during the reunion? What exactly is Bravo working overtime on? Finding Kelly a good rehab clinic? Scoring Vicki some more Xanax?

• Love 3