Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E21: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

.  Her screeching scares the cat. 

I had to change channels after 20 minutes. I was actually getting a headache from all of these hens talking over each other, inserting their unasked for comments.  And WTF was going on with Tamra constantly shaking her foot and swinging her leg back and forth. Damn that was annoying. 

All in all, it wasn't worth watching. It hasn't been for a long time. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Giselle said:

Gina and Emily are less interesting than lizard shit drying on a rock in the desert.

I hope Crazy Eyes and Fart Sniffer don't come back.  I didn't give a shit about them. I wore off the arrows on my fast forward button because of them.

They don't fit.

hahaha, “Crazy Eyes” .. PERFECT !

• Love 5
9 hours ago, smores said:

The problem with Shannon, for me, is that she's been in this state of catastrophe literally as long as she's been on the show.  The first season it was "OMG! My husband cheated on me!" and how dare anyone ask questions of her.  Then it went to "We're working so hard on our marriage and we're fighting to save it!" How dare you question her with all her struggles and pain that she's going through right now? Can't you see she's fighting for her family?  And then we progressed to "I've had to work so damn hard to get to the place that I'm in, NO ONE is going to ruin my peace!" How dare you question me,  my marriage or any of my decisions, haven't you seen all of the struggles I've been through?  Followed by "My marriage is over, can't you see how hard this is for me?"  How dare you question me when I'm going through all of these struggles and things are so hard for me?  

I totally agree with this.  Shannon exists in a permanent whirling chaos of personal problems that demand everyone's attention.  And the only time I've seen her bring any humour to her situation was when she grabbed her gut on tv.  I've had friends like that and I bet a lot of people have.  After a while you get tired of the egocentricity and tiptoe quietly out of the room.

10 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I love Kelly.  Never thought I'd say that, but I love her.

I'm with you!  Never thought I'd say it either.  But she's funny.  She's real.  And at this point she's my favourite OC Ho'Wife.  Followed--amazingly enough--by Tamra.  Who I think was genuinely trying to be a good friend to Shannon.  

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, melkel14 said:

For all the crap that Gina and Tamra flung at her, I think Shannon controlled herself very well.  She was also willing to admit and cop to a lot of the things they were talking about.  I think it shows growth! 

True. Now instead of yelling, she cries. Every time she's defending herself. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

I’m sick of her squinted up eyes and fart sniffing snarl.  I’m sorry but she’s a butter face.  And green isn’t her color. And her husband IS a little bitch.

Oh no - a butter face would imply that she has a great body.  Like she's got everything, butter face.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Lizzing said:

What did Shannon say she heard from David for 17 years?  That she was an alcoholic, crazy, and _______.  Selfish.

Thank you.  And actually not far from the mark it seems.  It's just in marriage one might try to work together rather than pulling a person apart.  But since they married in their mid 30's he might have realized at some point she might be kind of stuck in that groove.

The strange thing to me is I think Shannon has potential for change, in contrast to people like Tamra or Vicki.  However, therapy for 2 years, calling the therapist daily.  Well....

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Vicki annoyed me the least - OMG I think I hear the hooves of the four horsemen of the apocalypse!!!!

Are you sure that's not just the sound of Vicky clomping towards you in high heels?

And how could you tell the difference?  ;-)

• Love 22
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

Oh no - a butter face would imply that she has a great body.  Like she's got everything, butter face.

I think Emily has a great body. Her reunion dress wasn't flattering by any means but that's very different from her not having a great body. 

• Love 13

@Should Be Working mentioned Freudian, well I decided to speculate about what's underneath Gina.  It would be she loves her father, in a Freudian way.  In her growing up years, I can picture Gina's Dad was calm and somewhat passive, and Gina's Mom trying to roust him occasionally and Gina sees Shannon the same way as her Dad and she decides she needs rousting her.  She's also jealous that she didn't have a big messy divorce (like Shannon (allegedly)), because then she would have something to cry over too.  Instead she gets her BFF husband and her pathetic casita.  Tamra works into this as one Gina is jealous of as she gets all Dad's attention (Shannon).  There's no blaming people for their family of origin systems, but imo they are trapped into their robotic behavior until they can 'see' their programming.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, ghoulina said:

And, honestly, I think Tamra kind of encouraged her behavior, because Tamra really likes drama. She liked hearing all the David dirt and being the one Shannon ran to. Until she didn't. 

I think Tamra definitely encouraged this behavior because she could be the one with the dirt AND she could lord over Shannon how good a friend she is. I honestly don't even think she was all that hurt about Shannon's supposed lack of interest in how Eddie was doing. I think it was just a convenient weapon that Tamra could use against her when she needed to ratchet up the drama over the course of the season. I think its why she was so hesitant to say anything to Shannon. If she just talked shit behind Shannon's back, one of the other women would bring it up and Tamra could be the victim caught in the middle. It's Tamra's favorite way to position herself during any given storyline. 

• Love 23
12 hours ago, Juniebaby said:

How did they let her say that without asking her if it’s a mutual divorce why is her heart broken.  If she wanted it and it’s amicable why is her heart broken.

I don't understand why it can't be a mutual amicable divorce and her heart still be broken by the fact that it's happening? Her family is dividing, whether or not she wants the divorce doesn't change the nature of that. She and her husband, no matter how amicable the split, are going to no longer be the team they created when they married, or the team they became when they had kids. It doesn't matter that they mutually agree to this or that it is amicable, there is a great deal of loss that still needs to be processed and there is plenty of heartbreak in that. So, I don't see the two things as mutually exclusive at all. 

• Love 16
13 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

What hit me last night with Emily is I think she has spent most of her marriage justifying her marriage to others and "explaining" her husband; he's sarcastic; he has strong beliefs . . .  One thing I have found in life is you don't have to tell everyone that someone is not an asshole if they're not an asshole.  Methinks Shane is an asshole and Emily spends too damn much time trying to convince herself and others that her little Napoleon isn't a big dick.

it shouldn't matter are these other women married to this man? they dont like him fine hes not the one on the show his wife is

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Should Be Working said:

Her season-long obsessive focus (and that of the others) on Shannon's fragile mental health has been a non sequitur, a red herring. from the start. Sure, Shannon has always been a vulnerable lady prone to obsessive thinking and feeling sorry for herself, but her mental health issues absolutely pale by comparison to the shortcomings, dysfunctions, and transgressions of all of the other housewives (with perhaps the exception of Emily).

First off, FIE ON YOU for sharing those shots of Gina Casita (though you did capture that particularly perfect one of her neck all crunched up... what the heck was that? 🤣)

Re: the bolded—I’m not so sure I’d exclude Emily from the “shortcomings and dysfunctions” pile. The way she went from 0 to 60 in rage, both with the “I’ll KILL you!” bit at the party and the “I’M NOT TALKING TO YOU!” snap during the reunion, indicates to me and my medical degree from the Gina Whatserface Internet School of Psychiatry that there’s something up with Em, too. Even if there isn’t, I wouldn’t personally choose to be around someone who turned that quickly. I’ve known an Emily type, and I chose to distance myself.

Other than that I 100% co-sign your post!

9 minutes ago, Reality police said:

Looking at Gina's eyes in those shot make me ponder. With the bright lights during filming, should her eyes be that dilated? Hmmmm.......

Maybe the 20 pounds of eyeshadow stressed out her eyes? (And once again she matched her shadow to her outfit! I sentence her to a weekend in the casita, binge-watching episodes of Tati on YouTube.

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 11
10 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

Maybe the 20 pounds of eyeshadow stressed out her eyes? (And once again she matched her shadow to her outfit! I sentence her to a weekend in the casita, binge-watching episodes of Tati on YouTube.

Oh. My. God. I’m dying. Does she have to take Halo Beauty vitamins too?

• Love 9
1 minute ago, MrsWitter said:

LOL YES. But I’m not telling her where to get the “fairest of them all” mirror. On second thought, considering... maybe it’s appropriate? 

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

it shouldn't matter are these other women married to this man? they dont like him fine hes not the one on the show his wife is

But he is on the show, and has interacted with them on camera.  Emily is the one who keeps trying to "explain" him to the other women, and to the viewing audience in her THs.

• Love 19

It really did seem that Tams quieted down once it looked like she broke Shannon.

OC does reliably make me question why I watch at the end of every season, soooo, they're consistent at least.............

• Love 12

That was such a nothing reunion.  I was waiting for...something, but nothing really happened in any of the parts.  

Nothing bothers me as much as a Tamra sycophant (not even Tamra herself), and Gina really showed herself to be that last night when she had both barrels aimed at Shannon, swearing on everything holy that Gina warned Shannon about what everyone was saying about her four days after surgery, because Shannon was worried that she was going to lose her kids.  But as soon as Tamra said that it was an asshole thing to do, Gina faltered and apologized over and over and over for telling Shannon.

Gina--you were either lying then or you are lying now.  Either the woman told you she was fighting for custody and you threw her a line and told her what was being said about her on camera by others, or you screwed up and spread gossip at the wrong time and place.  But these two things can't be true at once.  

I was actually ready to be on Gina's side for this one small thing until she capitulated, and then I said, girl, bye.

I still can't believe Kelly skated on the same exact thing Gina did--being a runtelldat to Shannon four days after Shannon's surgery, but Kelly's entire involvement in that fiasco was reduced to a fun exchange between Kelly and Tamra about how they both have big mouths.

I'm sorry, I loathe Gina with the fire of 1,000 suns, but what's good for the goose is good for the gander, and if Gina is going to be taken to task, Kelly should be taken to task for the same exact behavior.  

I am not giving Tarma any kind of pass on "finding compassion" for Shannon once she "cracked the case" of Shannon's insecurities being rooted in David.  It's kind of a 'no duh' leap to make for someone who spent hours on the phone with the person in question every day for months.  

I think the lack of drama between Tamra and Shannon on this season's reunion can be traced back to the big, fake hug between the tres abuelas on last season's reunion.  Andy wants the three older blondes to be friends, and what Andy wants, Andy shall have.  I don't think it's more complicated than that.

If Tamra never, ever again makes that face where she tries to look like she's listening and hearing someone by squinting her black eyes, pulling back her upper lip slightly to reaveal some teeth, while hanging her jaw slightly open, nodding in rapid succession, and blinking rapidly, it will be too soon.  It's like, that's the "sympathy" expression she worked on in the mirror once all of the fillers and Botox set.  

Also, Tamra, work on your crying.  Crying involves tears.  Just because you can pretend your voice is breaking does not mean you are feeling real emotion.  Nothing is real with Tamra.  It's like all genuine emotion that is not rooted in 1.) glee at other people's pain and; 2.) sympathy for herself has to be drummed up.  I don't even think she feels sympathy for Eddie deep down.  I think she wants this heart "stuff" to be over, and I think there is a deep-seeded shadenfreude that she is the one that is five years older, yet he is the one who got sick, which just proves how hot and young she, indeed, is.  I feel a little sorry for her.  She doesn't know how to be human.  She can only approximate it.  That's got to be lonely.

I don't know if this show can be saved.  It is so joyless as compared to, say, Real Housewives of Dallas or Potomac.  

• Love 13

These women are all wacko...Gina gets the award for most obnoxious shit stirrer..EVER. Vicki must have taken a Xanax before taping this because she was totally in control and as totally uninvolved as possible. Tamra apologizing to Shannon for making her whole storyline this season about her frustration and anger over Shannon's divorce drama and the one sidedness of their relationship was so Tamra...bash all season, bitch and moan, get others involved in the drama and then open more wounds at the reunion...top it all off with an apology.  What she should have done is have a conversation with Shannon before the season was being taped and tell her how she feels that Shannon was being self absorbed and not reciprocating. Instead, she exploited Shannon's pain and difficult times for personal gain. Tamra is no friend...Shannon should not confide in her anymore. Let's face it..Tamra has nothing to offer in terms of a storyline anymore...she can't talk about her daughter, Ryan and his wife have exploded and I'm guessing she isn't allowed to film her granddaughter anymore...Eddie has no interest in a storyline and seems pissed off most of the time. So what else does she have to offer?

Unlike others on here, I don't find Kelly funny. I think she's very reptilian in the way she responds to criticism or any kind of comment that she deems as negative. The histrionics and over the top mimicry and "nuke" throwing is repulsive and crude. Citing "Snapped" and "Wives with Knives" in relation to Emily's behavior at the birthday party as a reason to fear her was stupid and pathetic...really Kelly? Play the tape of all the incidents where Kelly got in someone's face and went below the belt with insults and ugly remarks that one could interpret as threats. She follows up these emotional rants and outbursts with crocodile tears and a weepy apology. There is something very disturbing about her roller coaster emotions and hair trigger temper followed by crying jags and remorseful weepiness that is concerning. It's hard to believe her apologies when a few episodes later she will bring up the original argument or incident and loses her shizzle all over again....she exhibits a lot of bully behavior in her interactions with others.  She never fully forgives or feels sorry...that mixed with her anger management issues makes for someone who is clearly needing therapy herself. 

• Love 8

This show needs either cancelling or get these women of tv they are disgusting don't give them any more air time.

The whole Shane stuff is some of the most stupid things I have heard that guy did no wrong and the over the top because some one said i am going to kill you grow up people say all sorts when in heat of moment it's not something new. (Kelly is so dumb that is not illegal and claiming she was scared yet wanted to be hit so can hit back makes no sense at all)

Tamra loves peoples lifes being a wreck she gets pleasure from others misery.

It's like a point scoring with these women none of these know what real friendship is.

Would some one kill Gina she is so annoying acting like shes perfect and defines how people should be

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, kicksave said:

What she should have done is have a conversation with Shannon before the season was being taped and tell her how she feels that Shannon was being self absorbed and not reciprocating. py herself. 

I never thought I'd say this, but I related to Tamra.  I had a friend long ago who broke up with someone...and three years later was still freaking out over his social media posts (he has a....*sob* girlfriend!) I felt like a piece of shit for avoiding her because I was *so* done with him!  And I didn't vent to our mutual friends so I wouldn't sound heartless

I was going through boy-child's terrible teens at the time, and once I vented to her about an incident regarding a slammed door, and she just texted back about Mr Ex and what does it all mean...

I stopped talking to her after that.  For awhile.  Then we ended up hanging out more (I acquiesced that I understood that "her truth" was what she was feeling) ...until she quit working where I worked, at which point she forgot about me completely and unfollowed my social media.

so yeah, that was fun...I still have no idea how I could've handled that better.  

• Love 8
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

No way do I believe the NY explanation Tamra gave of staying at the Plaza because she was afraid to upset Shannon. I think Tamra was upset because Shannon didn't foot the bill.

Tamra isn't afraid of anyone. She has turned on women for far less than her so-called grievances with Shannon. So I'm not really keen to believe any of this, "Boo hoo, I can't talk to her" nonsense. 

2 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

I don't understand why it can't be a mutual amicable divorce and her heart still be broken by the fact that it's happening? Her family is dividing, whether or not she wants the divorce doesn't change the nature of that. She and her husband, no matter how amicable the split, are going to no longer be the team they created when they married, or the team they became when they had kids. It doesn't matter that they mutually agree to this or that it is amicable, there is a great deal of loss that still needs to be processed and there is plenty of heartbreak in that. So, I don't see the two things as mutually exclusive at all. 

I agree with you. But, I still think there's a dichotomy in the way Gina was presenting the situation on the show and at the reunion. At first she was all, "It's FINE. This is what I want. We love each other; it's great." I tend to believe that she thought she'd play Cool Amy and he'd end up coming back to her. Once reality hit her, she changed her tune. Last night she said she had her heart broken. It sounded, to me, like SOMEONE hurt her. So it wasn't just the mutual parting of ways that broke her heart, but what her ex actively did to her. 

1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

What hit me last night with Emily is I think she has spent most of her marriage justifying her marriage to others and "explaining" her husband; he's sarcastic; he has strong beliefs . . .  One thing I have found in life is you don't have to tell everyone that someone is not an asshole if they're not an asshole.  Methinks Shane is an asshole and Emily spends too damn much time trying to convince herself and others that her little Napoleon isn't a big dick.

I knew this from the moment Gina relayed that Emily initially apologized FOR Shane, after he kicked Gina out of their house. I instantly got a vibe that she has apologized for him a lot. 

• Love 11
39 minutes ago, teapot said:

I never thought I'd say this, but I related to Tamra.  I had a friend long ago who broke up with someone...and three years later was still freaking out over his social media posts (he has a....*sob* girlfriend!) I felt like a piece of shit for avoiding her because I was *so* done with him!  And I didn't vent to our mutual friends so I wouldn't sound heartless

I was going through boy-child's terrible teens at the time, and once I vented to her about an incident regarding a slammed door, and she just texted back about Mr Ex and what does it all mean...

I stopped talking to her after that.  For awhile.  Then we ended up hanging out more (I acquiesced that I understood that "her truth" was what she was feeling) ...until she quit working where I worked, at which point she forgot about me completely and unfollowed my social media.

so yeah, that was fun...I still have no idea how I could've handled that better.  

This.  Tamra is, can be and has been horrible.  But, she's also like a stopped clock and sometimes isn't wrong.  This situation with Shannon is one of those stopped clock times, she's not wrong, Shannon IS self-centered and spent this past year being ME ME ME.  We saw it play out on the show, we heard Kelly and Vicki corroborate it, and most tellingly, Shannon didn't deny it, she pulled her telltale "Wow! Wow! Thaaaat's how you feel? Wow"  Which means "That shit is true, but I can't believe you're putting me on blast in public for it"  When she sees something as wrong, she has no issues pushing back (even if she's actual misreading the situation), think "I start charities!" or plate throwing at the Quiet Woman.  

Everything is about Shannon and her pain, and how hard things are for her.  And how people don't understand how hard it is for her.  When Tamra initially brought up her not asking about Eddie's procedure, she told her "It must have been an emotional day"  Well, sure, but it was for Tamra too, and you should have at least been embarrassed that the 1 day she was really freaked out you couldn't put your stuff aside 25% to ask about her stuff.  It's been the Shannon show 24/7 for how long?  She flat out admitted she couldn't even take 2 mins to remember "Oh, Eddie's thing is today, how did it go?" before launching into that day's litany about David and her pain.  Because it was too hard for her to care about another person that day.  And then when people bring it up, she's sorry SHE is such a burden for THEM.  So, it's really about her again, she's not sorry for how alone her friend felt, it's a passive aggressive dig.  

Shannon does acknowledge her stuff more now, compared to when she was first on.  She also offers apologies, but, she then pretty much goes right back to the previous behavior, so they tend to ring hollow.  She apologized to Gina and Emily, for example, for not taking the time to get to know them (because she had so much going on? which, what? again, it was me, me, me), but, at the reunion, it came out that she just really didn't like them so couldn't be bothered with them.  And, I don't believe the women need to be close friends or HAVE to like each other.  That's dumb, but they are coworkers, and they need to be cordial.  I have coworkers I can't stand, but, I'm polite to them.  I know if they are married, I know if they have kids, I ask if they are doing well, if I know one just graduated, I say congrats and I ask what their plans are.  The usual polite chit chat that you maintain, but it doesn't typically extend beyond that.  I also have coworkers that are some of my closest friends, they're like family and know pretty much everything about me.  But, when we're all together (we work in a bunch of different locations), we stick to conversations that everyone can participate in, and everyone is treated as friends, even if it's someone one of us doesn't care for.  That's what Shannon doesn't seem to get, it's cool to not want to vacation privately with Gina, but, when you're at a meal or something for work, you need to be engaged and listening when she speaks, not checking messages and talking shit while she's speaking.

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, teapot said:

Female friendships are really tough...I have found them to be the most difficult to maintain and keep. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, kicksave said:

Female friendships are really tough...I have found them to be the most difficult to maintain and keep. 

they *are*! But know what's so funny about the Housewives?  It's actually taught me to never write anyone off completely!!!  Like your worst enemy can end up being a friend, and an enemy, and a friend again ad nauseum..look at Tamra & Vicki, Teresa & Danielle, LVP & Kyle, etc

no, but for real, I used to be the type to just "cut people off" once we had a disagreement.  I did realize nothing's static.  TV is educational!!!

• Love 7

I loved the exclusive pre reunion footage where tamra was pissed shannon froze her out lol. Does tamra not recall that it took most of season 10 for shannon to talk to her...and what she did than pales in comparison to what tamra was doing to her in season 13.  So I dont forsee shannon being anything but cordial to tamra in the future.  And gretchen called it (still remember that Wwhl where she warned shannon..and shannon was defending Tamra.).

Is shannon a needy and kind of a downer?  Yes, but she has shown to be a good friend to tamra in past seasons.  I think tamra doesnt know how to be friends with women...she's afraid they will backstab her so she does it first.  Only person I think she had a legit fear of that happening 5o her was Gretchen (season 4...gretchen was single white female on tamra).  

Her 1st target pre gretchen was Quinn...she was jealous of her.. it was comical...and tamra tried those same tricks on her..but Quinn didn't care (plastic surgery party in season 3 still makes me laugh where Quinn was told she didnt need surgery and tamra got loads of things she needed done lol) 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Her 1st target pre gretchen was Quinn...she was jealous of her.. it was comical...and tamra tried those same tricks on her..but Quinn didn't care (plastic surgery party in season 3 still makes me laugh where Quinn was told she didnt need surgery and tamra got loads of things she needed done lol) 

poor Quinn!  I think she was the only one not invited to Lauri's wedding...back when the finale party wasn't a work obligation!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

Gina knows conflict with Shannon gets screen time.   It’s a tried and true formula for screen time on the show.  I did wonder why more wasn’t said to Emily about comparing Shannon to her mother when she was so worked up about Shannon comparing what she’d “heard” about Shane to her relationship with David.    I kind of wanted to hit Emily when she wanted Shannon to apologize to her and Gina.  Shannon, for all of her nuttieness doesn’t subscribe to the notion that by simply being cast, she has to be friends with you.  I appreciate this about Shannon.

I do as well.  I am not friends with all of my coworkers.  I will say hello, make small talk but I am not chatting them up trying to find everything out about them.  There are just some people you are drawn to and some you aren't.  

3 hours ago, Reality police said:

Looking at Gina's eyes in those shot make me ponder. With the bright lights during filming, should her eyes be that dilated? Hmmmm.......

I too was wondering about her pupils

• Love 8
2 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

2 hours ago, ivygirl said:

LOL YES. But I’m not telling her where to get the “fairest of them all” mirror. On second thought, considering... maybe it’s appropriate? 

After which she will gaze into the camera with doe-eyed emptiness while she explains in non-stop upspeak that she's not about the drama and seeks only positivity.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, SCS said:

After which she will gaze into the camera with doe-eyed emptiness while she explains in non-stop upspeak that she's not about the drama and seeks only positivity.

Let’s get Tati on the Housewives! She’d fit right in!

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, nexxie said:

You only missed a lot of ugly screaming faces.

I didn't watch a minute of the reunion.  I'm over the walking turd duo of Tamballs and Icki.  The only Housewife shows that are DVR now are Beverly Hills and New York.  And I don't know if I can take a season of Little Dorit without LVP.  It may end up only being New York before long.  

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

I didn't watch a minute of the reunion.  I'm over the walking turd duo of Tamballs and Icki.  The only Housewife shows that are DVR now are Beverly Hills and New York.  And I don't know if I can take a season of Little Dorit without LVP.  It may end up only being New York before long.  

I watched maybe 20 minutes and I have an announcement to make:

this franchise (which I've watched from season 1) has gotten so boring and so predictable that I have absolutely nothing left to comment on. No snark, no wit, no humor...I'm completely numb and done.

However, I am going to Google Groucho Marx to find out if he has any grandaughters named Gina!

• Love 7