Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E21: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

Emily, Shannon, Kelly and Gina talk about Eddie’s birthday party; the women relive the tension from their Jamaica trip; they explore what happened to cause Shannon’s meltdown in Jamaica; the women share their list of regrets.

Airs 12/9/18 at 9:00 PM Eastern

• Love 2

Full disclosure, I watched maybe 4 episodes this year and this is the first of this year's reunion I've watched, but while I love Gina's eye shadow, I want to slap her. I don't believe anything she says that people say to her off camera, and she is getting off on f-ing with people. I don't like her.

Shut up Gina.  With the I feel bad for you. You aspire to Tamra level fame whore ishness.

• Love 20
7 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Something is wrong in the universe when Vicky isn't the most obnoxious and awful person on this show. 

She loves to sit back and enjoy everyone else losing their shit - I’ll bet she’s very aware that it makes her look better.

• Love 15

I think Steve has laid down the law with Vicks and a lot of her behavior.  She 'can't' lose Steve because she 'needs' a man.

Kelly just makes me laugh.  I watch those shows....

Tamra and Gina (if she gets brought back)  are going to go head to head on who stirs the pot.  They're both players for their orange.

• Love 18
33 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

shannon kept it together while that yapping barracuda faced moron was nattering on.  Get the fuck off this show.  Go back to your garage apartment and plot how you can get on 90 Day Fiancee or some shit like that.   Or rupauls drag race.  

Id soooo watch this.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

When Andy asks one of the girl’s a question, WHY does Tamra have to chime in and answer for them?  S

It allows her to get control of the narrative, even temporarily. Bethenny did this endlessly throughout the most recent NY reunion and it was then and remains now, as you wisely and pithily pointed out:

10 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

so fucking annoying.  

• Love 22

I’ve always liked Shannon, but her crying all the time over every little thing is getting stale.  Buck up already.  With all her quirks, I could see why a man would get disgusted.  Nobody wants a Debbie Downer.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

Something is wrong in the universe when Vicky isn't the most obnoxious and awful person on this show. 

That's what I was thinking!  Though while I really don't like Gina, she's still.not a cancer scamming piece of trash like Vicki.

• Love 14

Gina was obnoxious, but at the same time, I don't think she was always wrong.  To a certain extent, there's always been an aspect of "kiss the ring" for the newbies and I've always thought it was crap.  Yeah, people like Tamra, Vicki or Shannon have been on the show for years, but, they clearly weren't enough to carry it on their own, because people had to be added to the cast, and they need to interact with them.  Plus, it really isn't a good look on anyone to not be able to at least have civil, cordial interactions with new people, even if you aren't going to be bffs with them.  This is what I don't get with Shannon (and I've felt this way with Vicki back when she could "afford" to haze the new girls), she can be all "it takes me a while to get used to new people" but what happens when her kids make a new friend? Does she never meet their parents?  Does she not have the social skills to make any sort of small talk with other people?  Because fundamentally, I think that's really what Gina and Emily were objecting to.  It would be nice if everyone was instant bffs and they all wanted to sleep over and braid each other's hair, but that's just not how life works out.  Still, it could be expected that Shannon would learn that Gina has this many kids and they're this old, and Emily has that many kids and they're that old.  And a few other random facts about them, that she could ask follow up questions about the next time she sees them, so they'd at least be able to have some sort of conversation, "Didn't you mention your parents were coming to town, how was the visit?"  etc.  But, Shannon just goes with "Quite frankly, I just don't like you"  Even if that's true, you don't tell people that, and they're still your coworker, so, you need to suck it up and be able to talk about the weather, kids going nuts and cutting their hair when left alone with scissors, or other random surface stories.  

• Love 19

O.k. O.k.  And the Acamedy Award goes to ................Gina Hershminder, or whoever.  Academy (spelled wrong and didn’t know how to fix it). Lol.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I would like to thank all the ladies of OC because you all were so boring that I managed to get all my Christmas ordering done while this was on!  Didn’t look up at the tv once.

You only missed a lot of ugly screaming faces.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Juniebaby said:

What really bugs me is towards the end when Gina was apologizing to Shannon, she said she’s hurting too and that she had her heart broken also.  How did they let her say that without asking her if it’s a mutual divorce why is her heart broken.  If she wanted it and it’s amicable why is her heart broken.  For all the digging they do, how did they let that slide by without jumping on it.

Yes !  And I still say Gina is lying about the divorce and what exactly happened.  And to all, a good night.  Thank God this season is over!

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 23

Overall, I've enjoyed Kelly this season. She's a work in progress but I think her effort in being better for herself and trying to parent her daughter seems genuine to me. She's going to be a long time work in progress but all of these women are and I'll always give credit to someone who recognizes that in themselves even if they are constantly their own worst enemy.

Emily's anger is no joke. In seeing all of the women getting angry, I would in fact say that her anger seems the most threatening. The anger among this group almost always has to do with a failure in communication and hurt feelings that come with that. Emily doesn't seem like someone who has issues with her communication. While I don't think Kelly genuinely felt threatened by Emily in that moment, I would say that Emily is easily the best contender to be featured on a show like Snapped...but that's just my observation of her and I say that as someone who at times liked Emily this season.

I didn't mind Gina all season but man, she undid an entire season of tolerance with her act at the reunion. She's always jumping in and her intent was obviously one of two things each time she spoke - defend her or Emily or be an echo chamber for anyone willing to get on Shannon. Shannon was trying to explain her thinking and what was inducing her behaviour. She copped to everything she did and served several apologies on and off camera. Excuses are when you justify your bad behaviour. It's not an excuse when you offer an apology and try to explain your reasoning to show that even though you may have hurt someone's feelings or overstepped, you didn't do so with malicious intent. Her behaviour at the reunion and inserting herself even when she had no business makes me question what I thought were reasonable intentions during the season.

Tamra just flipped a switch at a certain point. She was nodding her head, joining in and co-signing what Gina and Emily were saying to Shannon and immediately after Shannon started talking about what their 'you should go on medication' comments did to her and Tamra connected it to things David may have said to her, her entire demeanor seemed to change. She stopped going after Shannon and soon after began asking about whether they can salvage their friendship. And after that, she seemed, dare I say, proud to see Shannon fight back against the criticisms Emily and Gina made about her. I found that quite interesting.

I love how all of the regrets were basically stuff said or done against Shannon and Kelly, lol.

• Love 18

I think Tamra sucks but I understand what she means about not being able to address her issues with Shannon. I have a friend like that. Any time I would try to address an issue I was having with something she had done or said, she would get upset and say I was making her feel like a horrible person and somehow I ended up being the one comforting her. It was ridiculous. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Of all the lunatics in that room, Emily is the one I think is closest to a breakdown.  Kelly is out there, but this heifer is just holding on.  

I’m sick of her squinted up eyes and fart sniffing snarl.  I’m sorry but she’s a butter face.  And green isn’t her color. And her husband IS a little bitch.

shannon kept it together while that yapping barracuda faced moron was nattering on.  Get the fuck off this show.  Go back to your garage apartment and plot how you can get on 90 day fiancée or some shit like that.   Or rupauls drag race.  

Vicki you are not excused, you stanky oaf.  You never will be you cancer scammer.

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! YES!!!!!!

I could not love you more Mu Shu!

• Love 10

Gina needs a pink slip to come with that holiday card from Bravo.  She adds nothing to the show, and I can see why her soon to be ex husband opted to move to a different apartment in a different city and didn't let her see it.

• Love 22

Good grief - I am probably out if Gina and Emily are on next season (if there is one).

Gina has absolutely nothing to add to the show or even in life.

And Emily as well - I could care less she is a part time lawyer and fabulous (nope) event planner. And don't appreciate her take on her frozen kids.....if she has one born what about the other 8? Plus her husband is not into it.

• Love 16
51 minutes ago, Juniebaby said:

What really bugs me is towards the end when Gina was apologizing to Shannon, she said she’s hurting too and that she had her heart broken also.  How did they let her say that without asking her if it’s a mutual divorce why is her heart broken.  If she wanted it and it’s amicable why is her heart broken.  For all the digging they do, how did they let that slide by without jumping on it.

I loved how everyone was staring at her.  No one in that room bought her act.  Emily looked like she could cut someone (then again, she often does).  

I agree with a poster above.  I feel like she moved to the OC only to be on the show.  Given the track record of these shows on people's children, she might want to rethink that.  I hope she's a one and done.  Her screeching scares the cat. 

• Love 19
15 minutes ago, Giselle said:

I hope Crazy Eyes and Fart Sniffer don't come back.  I didn't give a shit about them. I wore off the arrows on my fast forward button because of them.

This sounds like the name of a live-action Disney movie that Kim Richards would’ve starred in in the 70s. Like, Kim’s character comes across a mangy prospector and his wacky sidekick Jeb, and she gets into trouble because her softball team starts playing games on his claim. To chase them off, he tells them it’s ancient burial ground and wacky hijinks ensue.

Anyway, show. Gina stresses me out and the reunion has not helped matters. Emily frustrates me—same deal. If Gina’s back I will try my hardest not to watch the next season. If Emily returns, I may watch but I really do think this franchise is on its last legs. I never liked Vicki; I thought I might like New Improved Tamra, but she quickly reverted to Old Unimproved Tamra; I think Shannon should get off the show for her own sake; and Kelly’s such a wild card. 

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I’ve always liked Shannon, but her crying all the time over every little thing is getting stale.  Buck up already.  With all her quirks, I could see why a man would get disgusted.  Nobody wants a Debbie Downer.

What did Shannon say she heard from David for 17 years?  That she was an alcoholic, crazy, and _______.  And he also recommended she get on a prescription.

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 2

This particular episode, nobody came out looking good,.  Vicki kept her mouth mostly shut, but that doesn't overall excuse her.  She had a mostly boring season and therefore also reunion, though on one of the prior reunion parts she attacked Kelly pretty bad.

In this episode, Kelly had sympathetic moments, but stood tall on her right to call Shane a little bitch.  She doesn't back down, or it seems if you ramp up at her, she ramps up right back.

Emily is both boring and overly defensive about Shane and her marriage, and it was crazy that she "snapped" pointing her finger at Shannon.  She has got some weird stuff brewing on the inside.  Disproportionate, ha!

Tamra in the beginning and some a bit later, was just adding little comments or re-enforcing what someone else said.  For an attacker like she usually is, I was surprised she played a 'small game' that way.  Then during the Shannon confrontation, she waffled a little bit but stuck to her gun and said (as Shannon admitted calling her multiple times per day) that she was going through her own stuff and eventually got worn out, and Shannon wasn't generally able to give support back to her friends (doubtful she ever was oriented this way).

Shannon got a lot of air time, a lot of arrows, and try as she might to explain certain things, people jumped down her throat.  To her credit she had quite a few specific examples from the episodes ready at her finger tips to bring up.  But I think she had about as bad an experience for a reunion show as she could imagine.  The only saving grace might be she and Tamra seemed to thaw their iced relationship, and most of the gals' regrets were about their treatment of her.

I left off Gina, but why bother.  What a disaster she is.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Giselle said:

I hope Crazy Eyes and Fart Sniffer don't come back.

Ditto.

Gotta give props to Kelly for referencing Snapped.  She watches true crime!  

Not a particularly riveting or entertaining reunion, I must say.  :-(

• Love 20
4 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

What did Shannon say she heard from David for 17 years?  That she was an alcoholic, crazy, and _______.  And he also recommended she get on a prescription.

Yet, when she found out about his affair she still wanted the marriage to work, which may I say, she subjected us to for an entire season, then when the marriage fell apart again she was devastated and still wanted him to stay. 

I would like to know where the relationship between Shan and Tam stands now. They have to be speaking again or there won't be much of a new season, right? 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, ivygirl said:

This sounds like the name of a live-action Disney movie that Kim Richards would’ve starred in in the 70s. Like, Kim’s character comes across a mangy prospector and his wacky sidekick Jeb, and she gets into trouble because her softball team starts playing games on his claim. To chase them off, he tells them it’s ancient burial ground and wacky hijinks ensue.

I would watch the hell out of that movie (and it wouldn't be any weirder than the Kyle Richards classic, Watcher In The Woods.)

5 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

What did Shannon say she heard from David for 17 years?  That she was an alcoholic, crazy, and _______.  

Selfish.

• Love 7