Type keyword(s) to search

Predictions: Who Do You Want To See for Pro Bowl, Rookie of the Year & Veteran of the Year?

Erinbridget
  • Start Topic

Lacey for Pro Bowl.

Kashara for VOTY.

I feel confident about those.

I would like to see ROTY go to Brennan, but I know that is less likely than someone like Bridget - who I'd also love to see get it! Anyone else have a weird feeling it's going to be Rachel though?

• Love 1

For Pro Bowl - Lacey is likely to get this with Heather O., Lexie and Lauren as alternates.  For Veteran of the Year - I want KaShara to get this with Heather O, Lexie, Lauren and Kelli as alternates. For Rookie of the Year - I would like Brennan to get this with Erin, Madeline Malloy, and Jalyn as alternates.

As I was thinking through who I want to see get each award, I'm reminded that, last season, I got the impression that Christina expected to get Rookie of the Year and was NOT happy when Savannah got it instead.  I think that, this year, she expects to get Veteran of the Year and, though she likely knows she doesn't stand a chance, she probably . . . expects Pro Bowl.  "Expects" isn't quite the word I want, but it's close.  To me, she gives off the impression of "I deserve this because of who I am, how special I am".  Maybe "entitled" is a better word to describe her. I felt this way even before the rumors of her snotty attitude and cranky behavior at various locations/events (most not "sanctioned" DCC events) started to spread.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 1

Victoria for all three!!!!  As Kitty says, she deserves the respect to be considered, she has been with this program since she was a baby - haha  

But seriously I’d love Lacey for pro bowl, Maddie, Amy, Tasha Or Heather for VOTY and someone unexpected and under the radar like Ashlee or Cianna or Gabby for ROTY. 

Edited by Stee
  • Love 5

Pro bowl: Lacey without question

VOTY - I wouldn't be surprised Lacey again, but if they don't want to give both to one person, I would say Amy or Maddie. Kashara for honorable mention for saying in front of Kelli that she would pick Lily for the team over Victoria. 

ROTY - Bridget or Brennan. 

• Love 1

Pro Bowl:  Lacey

VOTY:  KaShara or Maddie (I LOVE Kahlyn but she seems to be injured a lot so don’t know about that, but I’d love it if it were Kahlyn).  She looks so much like my high school best friend that if I didn’t know it, I’d swear that Kahlyn were here daughter.

ROTY:  Brennan or Erin (I wasn’t an Erin fan last year, but she took the Maddie Makeover approach and seems to be killing it this year.  Brennan because I just love her perseverance and maturity.  

ROTY:  Crap, almost forgot about Ashlee.  I just love her personality. 

Damn this is hard.

• Love 1

Pro Bowl: Lacey, Maddie or Lauren

VOTY: Maddie , KaShara, or Lauren

ROTY: Brennan or Bridget.  

I will be tickled with any of these choices :) 

Edited by Kayce
  • Love 1

I think Lacey definitely gets ProBowl.

For VOTY and ROTY is really anyone's guess.  Those are the only ones chosen by the team, so it's basically a popularity contest.  No one was choosing Savannah or Robin last year.

What are these votes for Bridget based on, her insta?

• Love 2

PBC: Lacey

VOTY: I want it to be Lauren, but I think it’ll be Gina. Is this a team vote or TPTB? 

ROTY: Bridget

for me the Bridget vote is just enjoying watching her dance. If these are team votes, both could be anybody at all. 

Edited by heckkitty
  • Love 2

For me, I've loved watching Bridget dance since auditions. She is a show group rookie, has a bright pretty smile, is very mature, and seems like a good teammate. My guesses for VOTY and ROTY are usually incorrect, so I'm probably wrong lol. But, I would love to see her get it.

• Love 4

Pro Bowl - Prediction: Lacey or Amy, as they are the more senior leaders. but would prefer Lauren.

VOTY - Prediction - any of the leaders that didn't get pro bowl. Would prefer Maddie. 

Rookie of the year - This one is really tough.  Since I see no interaction between the girls once the show is over and the season starts I have no prediction. So I'm going with Erin or Cianna, just because they were MY favorite rookies from the show. 

• Love 1

In case I never made it obvious, Brennan is my favorite :)  However, without my bias showing, I wouldn't be shocked if Brennan got ROTY.  I know there was a video (I think on Shelly's IG) in which Brennan was helping teach a prep class, so maybe she also helps out in the locker room.  I can't help but think, though, that a real dark horse will get it....someone like Caroline.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Brennen would be great but don't count out Rachel W. They LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE her.

Seriously I thought Daphne would be the pet of the year but nope. RACHEL W.

I don't doubt they love Rachel W, she's everything they could probably hope for in a cheerleader. One who holds no opinions, just goes with groupthink, former beauty queen, and crazy conservative.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I don't doubt they love Rachel W, she's everything they could probably hope for in a cheerleader. One who holds no opinions, just goes with groupthink, former beauty queen, and crazy conservative.

TPTB probably love Rachel W, but ROTY is decided by the team.  I seriously doubt her conservative views win her extra points with college age ladies. They may not hold it against her, but it doesn't endear her either.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, hypeman said:

TPTB probably love Rachel W, but ROTY is decided by the team.  I seriously doubt her conservative views win her extra points with college age ladies. They may not hold it against her, but it doesn't endear her either.

Except...TEXAS. Mostly sheltered, upper middle class girls from an overall conservative region. I’d guess more of them agree with Rachel than in other areas. I could easily see Rachel getting ROTY and point if she stays more than a year or two. Honestly wouldn’t shock me if she’s triangle next year. 

Personally, I like Jalyn, Hannah, Brianna, as ROTY, Kashara or Lauren as VOTY, Lacey for Pro Bowl. 

• Love 3
On 12/10/2018 at 7:57 PM, hypeman said:

For VOTY and ROTY is really anyone's guess.  Those are the only ones chosen by the team, so it's basically a popularity contest.  No one was choosing Savannah or Robin last year.

HAhahahaha thank you!! to the Bridget comments like she cute but she aint all that and a bag of chips

• Love 3
On 12/10/2018 at 7:57 PM, hypeman said:

Bridget is a great dancer. I found on a charger girl Facebook post awhile back that her teammates nominated her to go to pro bowl while she was with them, so I’m going to assume she makes for a likeable teammate?

I would love for ROTY to either be Brennan or someone we don’t know much about. Caroline seems to be a locker room favorite too. I don’t think she gets enough credit!!

heather and Lexie are my overall favorites as far as dance ability and appearance, they seem like sweet girls too. VOTY votes for them!

lacey is the obvious and only candidate for pro bowl in my opinion

• Love 4

Pro Bowl- Lacey

VOTY- Lacey

ROTY- Lacey

..j/k but seriously for ROTY we were all completely blindsided by Savannah, so I'm just going to go ahead and say someone completely random and go with Caroline..because why not. We have no idea why these girls get the vote anyway.

• Love 2

Have y’all ever gone back and read old season’s threads? I have, and we consistently get it all wrong about the rookie class. 

I think this is because all the rookies tend to be in the back. We can’t really see what they have to fully offer until they get better formation placement.

With that in mind, I am chuckling at who posters say they love, because I don’t think it’s actually based on anything. 

• Love 5

So based off how they vote for rookie of the year, I believe that the team vote is a farce...like legit for someone that was on comp teams.. team votes have as much weight as  yelp reviews at a 24/7 gas station on a deadend road...ok worthless bhaha. 

any who..my opinion on the past pro bowlers choices .

I only did the names that were chosen once the show was aired..the probowler choice goes back to 1993 but like that to far for me to know anything on them.

2006 Lynlee Allen - Didn't know her, but based off pics she was a pretty blonde and I love her Pro Bowl Pic like in the rain and not a care in the world. Pic Below

2007 Megan Fox - She has been spoken for by me many times. She was a good leader and a Good Spokesperson. Understandable choice

2008 Misty Duncan - Never understood her choice, but I guess she was a good leader or kiss ass who knows.

2009 Nicole Hamilton - Duh, Helloooo

2010 Justine Phillips - She was a fav of mine she got dropped from show group after being in it for two seasons i think and moved from being of the three in the top of the triangle, but she bounced back and they gave her a ProBowl..sweet

2011 Brittany Evans - Should have been Brooke/Ashton/Tobie or no?  She was a good choice though too

2012 Ally Traylor - Like never got this one ever, like even if she was the last DCC ever...but we all know the last DCC ever will be Tina Kalina okaaay

2013 Whitney Isleib - She got it after blackface...regardless if she grew up.  You still don't give it to her, its the the biggest honor that one can get as national cheerleader and brand face....give it to a girl that knows the difference from plain stupid hahaha. Whew Girl

2014 Jackie Bob - She was a two timer..need I same more..if so comment below

2015 Nicole Bulcher -  loved her every season and miss her every season..even though Sydney Durso sacrificed her entire 20s to the program and got nothing but a pat in the back bahahahhah...sorry girl loved both 

2016 Holly Arielle - Just like her Top of the P choice, she was such a boring choice...

2017 Jennifer Kathryne - I mean Dani was the girl for me that year, she really popped every game, playoffs her group was hype and she worked hard to get where she got and they give it to Jenn. Who I never noticed till she got a ProBowl callout..I cant

2018 Kashara Garrett - Uh Jinelle coming back this season after retiring and still looking like the to true pro bowler for last year and this year.

2019 - Tina Kalina - I mean am I wrong.  

bb6f59addd117f3d24c3663adb679a14.jpg

Edited by 8dallas
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, 8dallas said:

2019 - Tina Kalina - I mean am I wrong.  

Or it could be Victoria. Sure, she's not even on the team. But never say never....

(And yes, this post is a joke not serious lol)

• Love 1
14 hours ago, hypeman said:

Have y’all ever gone back and read old season’s threads? I have, and we consistently get it all wrong about the rookie class. 

I think this is because all the rookies tend to be in the back. We can’t really see what they have to fully offer until they get better formation placement.

I can only speak for myself, but I know that whenever I get a rookie wrong it's usually because I'm basing it off what I've seen on the show. As the seasons go by, I'm beginning to realize how wrong of an impression I can get from a rookie, so I'm trying to be smarter about it haha.

• Love 2

I think we get the “Person of the Year” awards wrong because we don’t know what the criteria is. Usually, these sorts of awards go to people who had the best year - for example in Women’s NCAA Gymnastics (they still call it the Honda Award I believe), this will usually go to someone who was ranked at the top of the sport, won other awards, and at least has decent academics/decent community service. The person who wins is hardly ever a surprise. With DCCs, it’s unclear whether it’s purely a “who do the teammates like best” award or based on dance ability or placement in any way.

Under typical rules, Kashara would’ve unquestionably been Vet of the Year last year - like her or think her placement was deserved or not, she had a meteoric rise from not even making show group to being Point, Group Leader, and Pro Bowl Girl. Meanwhile, Savannah got ROTY. While she seems like a lovely person, was probably the weakest Rookie dancer last year.

So, I just don’t think we have a good idea of the criteria.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, hypeman said:

With that in mind, I am chuckling at who posters say they love, because I don’t think it’s actually based on anything. 

The best rookie is going to be like Brianne or Erin as this team grows watch into next season. People are going crazy over Brigette she will old news.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, 8dallas said:

2011 Brittany Evans - Should have been Brooke/Ashton/Tobie or no?  She was a good choice though too

As much as I loved Brittany Evans, I will forever be shocked by this. There were so many upper vets that were overlooked: Trisha, Brooke, Tobie, Tia, Meredith, Megan, Jordan, and they picked a 3rd year. Since the 3rd years were a large group and pretty close with the 4th years, if it truly is popularity based then I could see them getting enough votes to get Brittany, even though I can't believe they overlooked 5th year DCC queen Brooke. 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

As much as I loved Brittany Evans, I will forever be shocked by this. There were so many upper vets that were overlooked: Trisha, Brooke, Tobie, Tia, Meredith, Megan, Jordan, and they picked a 3rd year. Since the 3rd years were a large group and pretty close with the 4th years, if it truly is popularity based then I could see them getting enough votes to get Brittany, even though I can't believe they overlooked 5th year DCC queen Brooke. 

Of all the options they had for this particular year, I would have chosen Brooke, Meredith or Ashton as they were all gorgeous, talented, well-spoken and would have be amazing representatives for the DCC and yet they chose Brittany.