Type keyword(s) to search

Caitlin & Matt: I Knew I Loved You Before I Meth You

Drogo
  • Start Topic

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 7:17 AM, Hannah94 said:

You are not the first person to mention this. I may have been very mislead when I originally posted that. I don't have personal experience with inmates but I have had friends over the years that did have lengthy relationships and some of the stories they told me really floored me. That is sad as hell about your sister and her son. I think psychological guidance is very much needed in prisons and jails. How the hell can anyone expect a person who is in the "system" since they were teenagers to somehow miraculously "recover" and merge into society as functioning adults? It's a raw subject. 

That's why the recidivism rate is so high.  We incarcerate drug addicts, offer them little to no actual treatment in custody, then release them "into the community" with zero resources and support.  Then act shocked when they end up back in prison.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
Just now, LucyEth said:

Very nice of the woman but since when is the funeral director a grief counselor and therapist?

One of my good lifelong friends runs a funeral home, her parents retired and she’s now doing it. She is all that and more. I don’t know how she does it.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
On 2/22/2019 at 9:40 PM, LucyEth said:

Very nice of the woman but since when is the funeral director a grief counselor and therapist?

Funeral directors deal with grieving people all the time. I'm sure learning how to help people deal is part of their training. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Funeral directors deal with grieving people all the time. I'm sure learning how to help people deal is part of their training. 

Not to go off topic but A&E ran a series about 15 or so years ago about people training to be funeral directors and it was really interesting!!!  My point?  One young man was also studying to be in the clergy as he felt called to do this work and counsel people on the loss of their loved ones.  Talk about a demanding job:  24/7, dealing with people at such a sad time in their lives.

• Love 6