Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 12/10/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

22 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I could have written this.  I get asthma from being around cats.   I even had an asthma attack at a house where the previous owner had cats.  I used to just avoid touching people's cats, but my allergy got more severe over time.    "unfriendly"  cats will completely ignore someone who is trying to play with them, in order to rub against my leg, jump on my lap, or otherwise bother me.  I swear, the cats of the world are offended by my allergy, and they are ganging up to try to kill me.

FYI  - when you're allergic to cats, the allergy is to the dander.  When cats lick themselves, they leave saliva on their fur.  The saliva flakes off and becomes dander, which is in the air, and practically invisible. So, when you're allergic to cats, you're immune system is reacting to you coming in contact with (breathing)  dried up cat spit.   

I don't often mention it, because I've been told by cat-loving friends that it's psychological, or that I should "just take a pill".  It's not that simple.  I wish I weren't allergic, because a cat would fit nicely into my life.   But they're trying to kill me. 

I have allergies, but not as bad as yours - no asthma attacks for me.  I bought my condo from a cat lover.  There was a stray that hung around my condo and he was terrified of people after going through who knows what in his past (he had been declawed and then someone abandoned him, that much we know).  I would always tell him he would do more damage to me (due to my allergies) than I would ever purposely do to him. I was thrilled that he finally got to where he would run to the end of the patio when I came home, rather than taking off entirely, especially in cold or rainy weather.  One of my neighbors finally was able to get him to her place which made me so happy because he became a house cat again in his final days.  The same neighbor didn't believe I was allergic until she saw me have an allergy attack when I was visiting with her.  I think a cat would be the perfect pet for me, but I enjoy breathing too much to have one in the house. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Such a compassionate woman with a seemingly wonderful husband and successful marriage of many years, one just has to ask, why, oh why? 

The nose probably bothered her all her young life (until college and the first rhinoplasty).  First, other kids always made fun of her and then her father made his large nose part of his comedy act...forever.  She just couldn't get away from her insecurity.

• Love 4

Marlo's miniscule nose looks even tinier because the of cheek implants and her eyes look beady and slanted asymmetrically below a rigid forehead.  It is hard to focus on her message when it is being delivered by an alien face.

• Love 6

They  did all except Whoopi and Elisabeth. The book comes out in April .

When Barbara Walters launched The View, network executives told her that hosting it would tarnish her reputation. Instead, within ten years, she’d revolutionized morning TV and made household names of her co-hosts: Joy Behar, Star Jones, Meredith Vieira and Elisabeth Hasselbeck. But the daily chatfest didn’t just comment on the news. It became the news. And the headlines barely scratched the surface.

Based on stunning interviews with nearly every host and unprecedented access, award-winning journalist Ramin Setoodeh takes you backstage where the stars really spoke their minds. Here’s the full story of how Star, then Rosie, then Whoopi tried to take over the show, while Barbara struggled to maintain control of it all, a modern-day Lear with her media-savvy daughters. You’ll read about how so many co-hosts had a tough time fitting in, suffered humiliations at the table, then pushed themselves away, feeling betrayed—one nearly quitting during a commercial. Meanwhile, the director was being driven insane, especially by Rosie.

Setoodeh uncovers the truth about Star’s weight loss and wedding madness. Rosie’s feud with Trump. Whoopi’s toxic relationship with Rosie. Barbara’s difficulty stepping away. Plus, all the unseen hugs, snubs, tears—and one dead rodent.

• Love 5