Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 12/10/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Radar said:

Meghan was laughably awkward looking as she swayed off beat to the Christmas song at the end. She and the other hosts were acting as faux back-up singer/dancers during Darlene and Bryan's performance.  If she did not pick out that hideous Christmas tree get-up herself, then wardrobe must absolutely hate her.  Standing up next to the other hosts with that mess of an outfit on really made her look enormous.   

😆😆😆 she was so awkward and off beat, it gave me a good laugh.

Has Whoopi always advertised her sweaters for a whole week? I dont remember them as much last year, I could be wrong, it's been a long year.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Whoopie has been on every late night show in new york selling her ugly $100  sweaters...which you can buy at Zappos...Goodie Goodie. 

And because I looked them up to see how much she was charging, ads for those sweaters show up on various pages on the internet when I'm browsing .

• Love 3
3 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Someone asked, "Who is Armie Hammer?"     He's Armand Hammer, a very tall, handsome actor.  He's married, father of two, 32 years old and an heir (probably) to the Arm and Hammer (get it?) fortune.  He has been getting good reviews for all of his work, especially for last year's "Call Me by Your Name."

He also played the Winklevi in The Social Network (i.e. the Winklevoss twins in that Zuckerberg-creates-Facebook-and-screws-over-his-friends movie). 

Well, Merry Christmas, View crew. I'll take Darlene Love singing that song as long as she wants with whomever she wants. I also welcome the break from She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Civil. I hope everyone enjoys the mini-hiatus. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Radar said:

Meghan was laughably awkward looking as she swayed off beat to the Christmas song at the end. She and the other hosts were acting as faux back-up singer/dancers during Darlene and Bryan's performance.  If she did not pick out that hideous Christmas tree get-up herself, then wardrobe must absolutely hate her.  Standing up next to the other hosts with that mess of an outfit on really made her look enormous.   

I noticed that about Meghan, but also, Abby - they both seemed a 1/2 beat behind the others.  I don't think either of them are really into dancing too much.  And, I agree - that poncho sweater is very cute, but not for Meghan's body shape.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

And because I looked them up to see how much she was charging, ads for those sweaters show up on various pages on the internet when I'm browsing .

I was trying to find out how much that "odd" sweater-like thing cost...the one Meghan wore today and Abby (maybe) wore yesterday.  An article popped up that Whoopi was "launching" her "exclusive" ugly sweater line at Lord & Taylor.  October...two years ago.

3 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I do have to wonder why the View hosts are back up singers/dancers when only Sunny seemed into it?

• Joy was always told she couldn't sing; now she knows she can but still holds back a little.
  • Meghan says she can't dance, so maybe she just sang harder and moved accidentally.   I didn't notice Abby.
  • Sunny, on the other hand, has been TOLD she can't sing...but she just won't believe it, so she's belting her little heart out.
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

In the middle of the country.

It never dawned on me before, but no one from The View currently is from anywhere near the fabled middle of the country. Joy, Whoopi, and Sunny are all New Yorkers, Ana is a Floridian, and Meghan and Abby are each one state away from the Pacific Ocean.

Sara was a true Midwesterner, wasn't she? Another reason to get her back on the show! I'm so sick of a one-percenter Arizonan trying to explain how the Midwest feels. I am from both big- and small-town Illinois, so I especially want to throw forks at the TV when Meghan tries to explain why we all support Trump.

Damn carpetbagger!

• Love 15

I think you can tell from my screen name that I am a hard core cat lady.  Megan, on behalf of all cat lovers and animal lovers who aren't terrible enough to declare their hatred of an entire species, suck it.  Suck it hard.  Cats are very good judges of character, which could explain why you don't like them.

Never let Whoopi film two shows in one day!  She was totally loopy.  I especially enjoyed hearing that I would like Welcome to Marwan b/c it would make me feel "interesting."  At least this is the last day of the visual assault of her holiday sweaters!

• Love 10

F U Megan and your dislike of cats. I have 2. If course she doesn’t like them, they see right through her phony bullshit. They hate you too. I don’t recall but Did she give a reason as to why? 

Looking forward to this holiday break. I  Need some time off from Megatears .. I’m Crossing my fingers and awaiting word on my second live show next January. 

• Love 12
11 hours ago, Fannysue said:

He  played a gay man in a movie

Maybe gay-ish.  

18 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Has Whoopi always advertised her sweaters for a whole week? I dont remember them as much last year, I could be wrong, it's been a long year.

I think it was the same last year--at least I recall that it was IRRITATING!  I bet each one of them has clauses in their contracts that allows them to sell-sell-sell the hell out of any of their "creations," which are usually performances or books.  I don't object to the sweaters, I just think most of the artwork is juvenile (but not as charming).

• Love 6

It was interesting to see the interesting/new Steve Carell movie (Marwen) featured.  It reminded me that I watched the wonderful documentary a few years ago, Marwencol.  Guess it's time to re-Netflix it.  There's also a picture/art book available of the many scenes Mark Hogancamp painstakingly created.  The story and the talent are amazing.  The movie's style looks great too.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

It never dawned on me before, but no one from The View currently is from anywhere near the fabled middle of the country. Joy, Whoopi, and Sunny are all New Yorkers, Ana is a Floridian, and Meghan and Abby are each one state away from the Pacific Ocean.

Sara was a true Midwesterner, wasn't she? Another reason to get her back on the show! I'm so sick of a one-percenter Arizonan trying to explain how the Midwest feels. I am from both big- and small-town Illinois, so I especially want to throw forks at the TV when Meghan tries to explain why we all support Trump.

Damn carpetbagger!

I remember Megan was speaking haughtily about Trump supporters, the Midwest and how she has unique perspective and Sarah sweetly replied that not only was she from middle America, but, her parents voted for Trump. Megan was fit to be tied after that.  

• Love 14
25 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I remember Megan was speaking haughtily about Trump supporters, the Midwest and how she has unique perspective and Sarah sweetly replied that not only was she from middle America, but, her parents voted for Trump. Megan was fit to be tied after that.  

If Meghan wants to be the go to person to explain middle of America citizens then she needs to give up her cushy well paying job and move to middle America and work a job with an hourly wage and see things from that perspective.

• Love 15

I loved it when Felicity said that RBG couldn't take her eyes off Armie, since he is ridiculously handsome.  He also played one of the Winklevoss twins as gay-ish.

Cats are very discerning and probably give her a wide berth; they probably hate her more than she hates them.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Maybe gay-ish.  

I think it was the same last year--at least I recall that it was IRRITATING!  I bet each one of them has clauses in their contracts that allows them to sell-sell-sell the hell out of any of their "creations," which are usually performances or books.  I don't object to the sweaters, I just think most of the artwork is juvenile (but not as charming).

I think they were, weren't they?  I thought I recalled her saying,way back in the beginning that kids were designing the sweatshirts..or maybe it was a percentage going to kid causes..who knows. I could be making this all up in my head. Lol.  It's just so hard to tell these days heeee

• Love 4
13 hours ago, TheViewFirst1 said:

It is Call Me By Your Name. Love that movie!! I am in love with Armie Hammer! 

I think it's playing right now.  But more indy type theaters, not your mainstream. Which i kinda like.  Gives it an atmosphere  

• Love 3
10 hours ago, WonderWuman73 said:

F U Megan and your dislike of cats. I have 2. If course she doesn’t like them, they see right through her phony bullshit. They hate you too. I don’t recall but Did she give a reason as to why? 

Looking forward to this holiday break. I  Need some time off from Megatears .. I’m Crossing my fingers and awaiting word on my second live show next January. 

They can't retrieve the skeet ball LOL although I bet they could.  They could be trained to get ducks etc.  Plus they do see right thru phony fake people.  Better than humans do.  Look to the animals and how they are acting...

PS.....to WonderWuman73, get yerself some good rest, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Edited by Tammee
More to add
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Sara was a true Midwesterner, wasn't she? Another reason to get her back on the show! I'm so sick of a one-percenter Arizonan trying to explain how the Midwest feels. I am from both big- and small-town Illinois, so I especially want to throw forks at the TV when Meghan tries to explain why we all support Trump.Damn carpetbagger!

I'm a Hoosier and I feel the same. The true midwest is, and has always been, politically complex -- perhaps more complex than any other area of the country.

• Love 9
39 minutes ago, MMEButterfly said:

I'm a Hoosier and I feel the same. The true midwest is, and has always been, politically complex -- perhaps more complex than any other area of the country.

For someone who doesn't believe in identity politics and labels Meghan sure does believe in stereotypes.   She thinks if you live in a red state you drive a pickup truck wear a MAGA hat and vote for anyone with an R after their name.  And oh yeah have a gun holstered on your hip. Since she is always quoting polls she might want to take a look at those which show big pockets of middle America now having different voting patterns.

• Love 12

Armie also played J. Edgar Hoover's boyfriend in the movie about Hoover with Leo Decrappy, or whatever is name is. Icky movie, but Armie Hammer was fantastic! He truly is the perfect man, and and and he's uber rich and doesn't scream about it either. In fact, he never mentions his family's great wealth. 

• Love 6

I was born and raised in the Chicago suburbs, and currently live in Chicago.. and I can for certain that Meghan does not speak for Middle America whatsoever.  When Sara was on the show, she had always mentioned being from Iowa and growing up in a Christian home, as well as, the conservative bent her parents had so I had forgotten how Sara would aptly put Meghan in her place on occasion in such a sweet way that Meghan couldn't really go off on her.  That's the reason I was bummed that Sara left because she could handle Meghan, even tried to give Meghan lifeline (same as what Whoopi would try to do for Sherri for a long time LOL).

I will tell you that Illinois is basically three states in one.. and two of those 'states' are more red with the other state (Chicago and suburbs) being blue... and since Meghan is so strident.. she wouldn't be able to explain Middle America (heck, I grew up in Middle America and I can't explain it because it's nuanced and complex).

• Love 14
1 hour ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I will tell you that Illinois is basically three states in one.. and two of those 'states' are more red with the other state (Chicago and suburbs) being blue... and since Meghan is so strident.. she wouldn't be able to explain Middle America (heck, I grew up in Middle America and I can't explain it because it's nuanced and complex).

There have been several books written about middle America  voters and I have read most if not all of them.  Meghan would do well to read one of them.  They explain things much better than she ever could. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

That's the reason I was bummed that Sara left because she could handle Meghan, even tried to give Meghan lifeline

Many think that Meghan is THE REASON that Sara left.  There was probably one day when she'd had enough and threatened to leave; ABC loves her and found a place for her.  I hope it's fun.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Since she is always quoting polls she might want to take a look at those which show big pockets of middle America now having different voting patterns.

She'll have to ask her husband, of course.  She can't do any of this stuff on her own.  ABC probably sent him a case of blue cards just to help out.

10 hours ago, Tammee said:

I think it's playing right now.  But more indy type theaters, not your mainstream.

I hope "Call Me by your Name" IS still playing.  Besides being good, it's beautiful (scenery, people, architecture).   It came out here last year for "Christmas" openings.

• Love 8
On 12/14/2018 at 10:48 AM, Tanichka said:

And, why not?  Why would she show up for a two minute segment?  Who the hell is Armie Hammer, anyway?

The owner of a Golden Globe, which J Lo cannot claim. 

On 12/14/2018 at 1:18 PM, pachebo said:

re: wednesday's show and Leah Remini -  I have been watching her A&E series on Scientology and the subject matter is so serious and frightening. Her demeanor on that show is very heavy and she rarely cracks a smile (nor should she...) so it was refreshing for me to see her being witty and silly and goofy on the View. She might want to bring some of that to her series and simply make FUN of Scientology, (oh, but the lawsuits....)

But she and Rinder have such a sly sit on that show and their chemistry is amazing. 

• Love 2

I can kind of understand not liking cats.  I am allergic to cats.  Every single time I would go to someone’s house thst owned a cat I was told don’t worry my cat doesn’t like people.  Every single time the cat would jump on my lap and rubbed its fur all over me.  Every single time.  Now I feed the strays outside.  So I guess I made my peace with the kitties 😂    

Whoopie sweaters are kinda quirky cute but way out my price range.  

• Love 7
8 hours ago, tribeca said:

I can kind of understand not liking cats.  I am allergic to cats.  Every single time I would go to someone’s house thst owned a cat I was told don’t worry my cat doesn’t like people.  Every single time the cat would jump on my lap and rubbed its fur all over me.  Every single time

I could have written this.  I get asthma from being around cats.   I even had an asthma attack at a house where the previous owner had cats.  I used to just avoid touching people's cats, but my allergy got more severe over time.    "unfriendly"  cats will completely ignore someone who is trying to play with them, in order to rub against my leg, jump on my lap, or otherwise bother me.  I swear, the cats of the world are offended by my allergy, and they are ganging up to try to kill me.

FYI  - when you're allergic to cats, the allergy is to the dander.  When cats lick themselves, they leave saliva on their fur.  The saliva flakes off and becomes dander, which is in the air, and practically invisible. So, when you're allergic to cats, you're immune system is reacting to you coming in contact with (breathing)  dried up cat spit.   

I don't often mention it, because I've been told by cat-loving friends that it's psychological, or that I should "just take a pill".  It's not that simple.  I wish I weren't allergic, because a cat would fit nicely into my life.   But they're trying to kill me. 

• Love 9
On 12/15/2018 at 2:01 PM, Tammee said:

They can't retrieve the skeet ball LOL although I bet they could.  They could be trained to get ducks etc.  Plus they do see right thru phony fake people.  Better than humans do.  Look to the animals and how they are acting...

PS.....to WonderWuman73, get yerself some good rest, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

I will Tammee and thanks! 

2 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I could have written this.  I get asthma from being around cats.   I even had an asthma attack at a house where the previous owner had cats.  I used to just avoid touching people's cats, but my allergy got more severe over time.    "unfriendly"  cats will completely ignore someone who is trying to play with them, in order to rub against my leg, jump on my lap, or otherwise bother me.  I swear, the cats of the world are offended by my allergy, and they are ganging up to try to kill me.

FYI  - when you're allergic to cats, the allergy is to the dander.  When cats lick themselves, they leave saliva on their fur.  The saliva flakes off and becomes dander, which is in the air, and practically invisible. So, when you're allergic to cats, you're immune system is reacting to you coming in contact with (breathing)  dried up cat spit.   

I don't often mention it, because I've been told by cat-loving friends that it's psychological, or that I should "just take a pill".  It's not that simple.  I wish I weren't allergic, because a cat would fit nicely into my life.   But they're trying to kill me. 

This is me! I have had several severe asthma attacks due to cat dander.  Taking a pill reduces the allergy itch, but does nothing to ease the asthma.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

What happened?

When Stan Lee passed away, a bunch of celebrities were tweeting their condolences and would include a picture of themselves with Stan Lee. Armie posted a tweet that called out people for posting their pictures alongside a comment that was intended to honour Stan Lee...insinuating that people were taking away some of the moment to honour Stan Lee by also inserting themselves into the headline as well. I personally didn't get that vibe from the comments that I had seen. I mean, I didn't see anyone pull a Kim Kardashian with her patented, 'let me celebrate your birthday publicly by posting a montage of pictures of us together where I look great and you may not look as good but it's okay, because I look good so that's all that matters'.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

What happened?

1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

When Stan Lee passed away, a bunch of celebrities were tweeting their condolences and would include a picture of themselves with Stan Lee. Armie posted a tweet that called out people for posting their pictures alongside a comment that was intended to honour Stan Lee...insinuating that people were taking away some of the moment to honour Stan Lee by also inserting themselves into the headline as well. I personally didn't get that vibe from the comments that I had seen. I mean, I didn't see anyone pull a Kim Kardashian with her patented, 'let me celebrate your birthday publicly by posting a montage of pictures of us together where I look great and you may not look as good but it's okay, because I look good so that's all that matters'.

Thanks for answering, @RHJunkie. Saved me from looking for it over in the Marvel thread in the Movies Forum. Some have said Hammer's petulance was due to the fact that he didn't get cast to play Captain America/Steve Rogers. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Thanks for answering, @RHJunkie. Saved me from looking for it over in the Marvel thread in the Movies Forum. Some have said Hammer's petulance was due to the fact that he didn't get cast to play Captain America/Steve Rogers. 

I don't know about behind the scenes gossip so when I read his tweet, I just took it as someone who saw others commemorating the deceased in a way that they wouldn't have and unfairly assumed negative intentions by those people. Maybe there's more to it like what you mentioned but that's something I don't have any deets on, lol.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I just took it as someone who saw others commemorating the deceased in a way that they wouldn't have and unfairly assumed negative intentions by those people.

I agree!   Something like, "This should be about Stan Lee.  It's not about YOU!"   Sad how things are reported to put something in such a bad light.

• Love 2

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in. I had not seen the 12/6 episode, so now I am watching the re-run, even though I was free. Why did I check? Why? Why? Well, because I like Marlo Thomas, dang it. 

The old Natalie Portman/Jessica Simpson feud is a stupid topic with which to open a show.

That said, my word Sunny has a lot of issues with women's bodies and sexuality. That said-that said, Meghan McCain is a size 12 or 14 my ass. That said-that said-that said, I actually agreed more with what Meghan (and Joy) had to say, and Sunny made a fool of herself trying to call equate her life as a curvy woman with Meghan's life as a curvy woman, because even if we shrunk Meghan down to Sunny's over-all dress size, there would still be no comparison to their figures.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, General Days said:

Oh no. Marlo screwed with her pretty face.

Sadly, this has been going on for decades.  I think she lost sight of what she was supposed to look like--and her doctors haven't done her any favors.  Poor thing.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, General Days said:

Oh no. Marlo screwed with her pretty face. Her lips are messed up. Her face looks crooked. When will these women learn this doesn't make them look younger? 

Marlo is one giant sneeze away from having no nose.  She has had it whittled down into nothingness.  It's like a baby-sized nose on a grown adult's face.  I recently saw a photo of her as a teen; I believe HaaCHOO posted it here and she had her dear dad's nose.  I believe she has spent the rest of her life trying to rid herself of said nose.  She should have stopped 3 or 4 operations ago. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, ari333 said:

sorry i cant get the box off

do we need a thread for the rerun week?

I wonder if they are going to run the eps that weren't seen due to being interrupted by POTUS.  Today was one.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, General Days said:

Oh no. Marlo screwed with her pretty face. Her lips are messed up. Her face looks crooked. When will these women learn this doesn't make them look younger? 

3 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Marlo is one giant sneeze away from having no nose.  She has had it whittled down into nothingness.  It's like a baby-sized nose on a grown adult's face.  I recently saw a photo of her as a teen; I believe HaaCHOO posted it here and she had her dear dad's nose.  I believe she has spent the rest of her life trying to rid herself of said nose.  She should have stopped 3 or 4 operations ago. 

I didn't see this episode the first time. I cannot believe what Marlo has done to her face, reducing her nose to barely 2 slits. She is such an awesome, lovely person, what would possess her to do that?  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ari333 said:

sorry i cant get the box off

do we need a thread for the rerun week?

I vote Yeah. A lot of peeps havent seen the ep.  Others (like me, still like to talk about it) or just to talk.  There is nothing on TV.  Closest liquor store is next town over.  We need it maaaaaan  😎

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, Tammee said:

I vote Yeah. A lot of peeps havent seen the ep.  Others (like me, still like to talk about it) or just to talk.  There is nothing on TV.  Closest liquor store is next town over.  We need it maaaaaan  😎

Somebody start a thread. I had not seen the one today about the booty shorts etc even tho it was a rerun

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I didn't see this episode the first time. I cannot believe what Marlo has done to her face, reducing her nose to barely 2 slits. She is such an awesome, lovely person, what would possess her to do that?  

I know!  She does such wonderful things for sick kids and their families that I had a hard time making that comment about her nose.  Such a compassionate woman with a seemingly wonderful husband and successful marriage of many years, one just has to ask, why, oh why? 

• Love 6