Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 12/10/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Jennifer Lopez gets 3 segments for promoting her atrocious romantic comedy while Felicity Jones and Armie Hammer get one segment for their biopic of RBG.  That is seriously fucked up, producers!

I'm thinking the 3 segments were part of the "conditions" for her appearance...an entrance like royalty in her white outfit with a train, movie clips going back to her first role as Selena, a segment with her BFF gushing over her, her mom being there and getting the little game show thing, birthday cake, etc. 

Some celebs have more pull than others, and JLo definitely has the pull. (Yes, Ms. Lopez will do your show, as long as you make it all about HER.)

• Love 16
3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Reports everywhere are that trump cancelled the white house Christmas party for the  press. 

Only on The View did they say it is still going to happen, but only certain people are invited.  I'm thinking they might be wrong. 

If I’m not mistaken, one of them said that there will still be a separate event where only certain Fox News journalists are invited but the official White House Party for the press has been cancelled. So... not sure what they’re calling that.

1 hour ago, Tosia said:

The official press party is not happening.   BUT there will be a few private parties.  . I.e., Faux News folks.  Abby mentioned that she was invited by someone else who was invited.  

I should’ve read your comment before commenting, lol. Yes. It was Abby who said they are having separate events in which mostly Fox News folks are invited.

Abby said she wasn’t personally invited but that a good friend who works on Fox News (can’t remember who it is or what they do) extended the invitation to her, I think?

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, ChicagoCita said:
5 hours ago, Aileen said:

I really liked Megan today. I feel incredibly dirty now.

When Meghan forgets that she's in perceived enemy territory, when she forgets she is the one person responsible for defending the hearts and minds of every "middle of the country" Republican, when she feels like she's loved (ie, her brother in the audience),

I was just coming here to say that we need a family member in the audience every day.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Tosia said:

Abby mentioned that she was invited by someone else who was invited.  

Don't you just love "that person" who chirps up that SHE has been invited when everyone else in the group has not?   Abby, this might be a clue as to why NOT ONE KID (other than y-o-u) in your elementary school class voted for you when you ran for office.   (Guess it started early)

• Love 8
10 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Jennifer Lopez gets 3 segments for promoting her atrocious romantic comedy while Felicity Jones and Armie Hammer get one segment for their biopic of RBG.  That is seriously fucked up, producers!

Anyone think that maybe THIS JLo movie will be good?   Her movies are always panned, yet someone allows her to keep making 'em.   Maybe they're profitable; I'm not interested enough to check.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

Some celebs have more pull than others, and JLo definitely has the pull. (Yes, Ms. Lopez will do your show, as long as you make it all about HER.)

JLO has always been a narcissist. Naturally pretty or surgically pretty, I still can't stand her.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

JLO has always been a narcissist. Naturally pretty or surgically pretty, I still can't stand her.

Naturally or surgically, she has learned to put on a better face in public and in interviews.

• Love 6
On 12/10/2018 at 11:36 AM, Coffeewinewater said:

My God I can't stand that every politician has to tell MM her father was amazing.  It irked me more with Bloomberg because they both claim to be so close. That little ass kissing could've been done off camera.   

Exactly.  It's bad enough that so many guests say the same thing - "Your Dad was great, my condolences to your family", etc.  But at least in most cases it seems that this is their first (and probably only) opportunity to express that to Meghan.  In the case of Bloomberg, who is not only close to her family but also was a pallbearer at the funeral, it's ridiculous.  Certainly he has already expressed his thoughts to not only Meghan, but probably the rest of the McCains as well, and probably more than once since the Senator's passing. 

I like Bloomberg, but in this case there really was no need for a public display of his condolences with cameras present on live TV. 

• Love 10
On 12/11/2018 at 11:26 AM, Apprentice79 said:

Megan feels that General Kelly is beyond reproach because of his military service and that he lost his son for this country. So, Sunny had no right to say that General Kelly made mistakes during his tenure at the White House. She was pretty nasty to Sunny, jeered at the audience for clapping, Sunny did not back down and held firm to her beliefs.

Yes, well of course if someone has served in the military they are not to be criticized in any way nor at fault for anything.  Up on a pedestal they go, with free reign to do whatever whenever.  That is what this birdbrain actually believes.  People with a history of military service do not make mistakes!  Ever.

(And yes, it's tremendously sad that he lost his son, but that doesn't give immunity either.  It's perfectly possible to criticize someone's actions while still acknowledging the loss and being grateful for his son's service to our country.)

On 12/11/2018 at 1:31 PM, HaaCHOO said:

If she had never been any of those things (bolded) before her father was ill, we might agree that it's all because of grief, but she was all of these and more.

I'm catching up after a few days, and was just about to post this same thought.  I've seen a lot of posts these last few months about Meghan being bitchy since her father died, probably needing more time off, etc.  But I haven't forgotten that she was no bed of roses right out of the gate.  She's been argumentative and whiny and immature and bitchy for awhile, certainly well before her father passed away.  She's been having tantrums on air, disrespecting Joy, etc. all along.  I don't think what we're seeing is simply grief.  I think this is who she is.  Her sense of entitlement has inched up a bit, but it's always been there.   She seems like the type of person who has always felt justified to act however she wants because of some injustice in her life.  She's a nasty, self-centered person, probably always has been, and probably always will be.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

Yes, well of course if someone has served in the military they are not to be criticized in any way nor at fault for anything.  Up on a pedestal they go, with free reign to do whatever whenever.  That is what this birdbrain actually believes.  People with a history of military service do not make mistakes!  Ever.

(And yes, it's tremendously sad that he lost his son, but that doesn't give immunity either.  It's perfectly possible to criticize someone's actions while still acknowledging the loss and being grateful for his son's service to our country.)

I'm catching up after a few days, and was just about to post this same thought.  I've seen a lot of posts these last few months about Meghan being bitchy since her father died, probably needing more time off, etc.  But I haven't forgotten that she was no bed of roses right out of the gate.  She's been argumentative and whiny and immature and bitchy for awhile, certainly well before her father passed away.  She's been having tantrums on air, disrespecting Joy, etc. all along.  I don't think what we're seeing is simply grief.  I think this is who she is.  Her sense of entitlement has inched up a bit, but it's always been there.   She seems like the type of person who has always felt justified to act however she wants because of some injustice in her life.  She's a nasty, self-centered person, probably always has been, and probably always will be.

RBM has an agenda to be the darling of conservative media 

• Love 6
19 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Right.  In one movie the female protagonist fakes her way into a profession for which she has not been trained.  (Wait, wasn't this the plot of Working Girl?)  The other is a movie about a real woman who didn't have to fake it, but had the goods and worked her butt off to reach the top of her profession.  I know which one I want to see.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, TheView said:

Good luck with that.  She might get some coverage on conservative websites but so does Tomi Lahren.  Meghan gets noticed for her antics on the View but I don't think anyone takes her seriously.  She is never going to be an Ann Coulter or Laura Ingram.  Not that I take either one of those women seriously but they do hold sway on the right side of the aisle.  Meghan will never be an opinion maker.  She can't even form her own opinion without a blue card in her hand.

And did anyone else hear her misread that blue card when repeating Michael Cohen's statement?  She referred to Trump as a real estate agent. Pretty sure she meant developer.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, TheView said:

But will the conservative media let her in on a regular basis (like a regular on a show) ever?  Doubt it.

Will Fox News ever take her back?  Kinda (really, really) doubt it.  

I totally agree with Blondie above. 

MM is proving that she's dumb, unable to speak extemporaneously, cannot engage meaningfully ---which requires listening, and is not likable in any way, shape or form.   Who wants that blight on their site/show? 

(Aside from that whore ABC, apparently.)

• Love 9
11 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Don't you just love "that person" who chirps up that SHE has been invited when everyone else in the group has not?   Abby, this might be a clue as to why NOT ONE KID (other than y-o-u) in your elementary school class voted for you when you ran for office.   (Guess it started early)

And everyone kept talking over her because no one cared and abbey still kept trying to get it in there. 

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

And everyone kept talking over her because no one cared and abbey still kept trying to get it in there. 

Abby said she was invited by someone who worked for the administration.  So she would be going to a White House Christmas party not a party for journalists was my take.  Which had nothing to do with the press party being cancelled.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

I'm thinking the 3 segments were part of the "conditions" for her appearance...an entrance like royalty in her white outfit with a train, movie clips going back to her first role as Selena, a segment with her BFF gushing over her, her mom being there and getting the little game show thing, birthday cake, etc. 

And, why not?  Why would she show up for a two minute segment?  Who the hell is Armie Hammer, anyway?

Edited by Tanichka
  • Love 2

OH, right. Today is the last show, previously recorded. They will all be in good moods and no hot topics. 

Darn, when Meghan ran off stage screeching that she didn't want to be there anymore I hoped she'd keep going, all the way to AZ. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 18
3 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

McCain: "I don't like cats."

Me: Bitch-as a lady with a lot of cats, let me assure they don't fucking like you either. I have a dog who also thinks you suck. There are a couple of raccoons hanging about in the yard that wouldn't spit on you if you were on fire.

My Yorkie agrees with this post. 

• Love 13
26 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Was Bryan Adams on the show?

24 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Yes!

13 minutes ago, Haleth said:

He accompanied Darlene Love.  

Yes, I quoted myself, but I wanted the other quotes to make sense.  And, since Bryan Adams was on, I'm going to have to break my View drought, and watch the video (with sound) once it's posted. 

1 minute ago, GiveMeSpace said:

And yet another reason for me to dislike her! 

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Me: Bitch-as a lady with a lot of cats, let me assure they don't fucking like you either. I have a dog who also thinks you suck. There are a couple of raccoons hanging about in the yard that wouldn't spit on you if you were on fire.

Lets not forget squirrels too.  Once she made it known she will shoot them they pledged their hate towards her.

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Lets not forget squirrels too.  Once she made it known she will shoot them they pledged their hate towards her.

I know. I had a couple of squirrels come to my window while I was watching the show and they thought mah-gun was a tree. I told them she was a cat hating shrew and was likely armed. They thanked me as they had never seen the show before.       What kind of person announces they don't like cats on the show? If she had said dogs, I expect she would have gotten some blowback on Twitter. Us cat people don't tweet as much, but we have very long memories. She is dead to me now. (See also anyone else who admits they hate cats)

• Love 12
35 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

We're all allowed to have our opinions, but does Ms. McCain have ANY IDEA how powerful, relentless, unforgiving, ride or die cat lovers are?   And what about their memories?   Whoa, Meghan...you really stepped in it this time!  You think YOU can hold a grudge?  Just wait...........

• Love 11

re: wednesday's show and Leah Remini -  I have been watching her A&E series on Scientology and the subject matter is so serious and frightening. Her demeanor on that show is very heavy and she rarely cracks a smile (nor should she...) so it was refreshing for me to see her being witty and silly and goofy on the View. She might want to bring some of that to her series and simply make FUN of Scientology, (oh, but the lawsuits....)

• Love 6

Someone asked, "Who is Armie Hammer?"     He's Armand Hammer, a very tall, handsome actor.  He's married, father of two, 32 years old and an heir (probably) to the Arm and Hammer (get it?) fortune.  He has been getting good reviews for all of his work, especially for last year's "Call Me by Your Name."

Edited by HaaCHOO
He's an heir...but not to Arm & Hammer
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Someone asked, "Who is Armie Hammer?"     He's Armand Hammer, a very tall, handsome actor.  He's married, father of two, 32 years old and an heir (probably) to the Arm and Hammer (get it?) fortune.  He has been getting good reviews for all of his work, especially for last year's "Call Me by Your Name."

Actually he is.  His grandfather owned stock in the company that manufactures Arm & Hammer products.

• Love 6

Meghan was laughably awkward looking as she swayed off beat to the Christmas song at the end. She and the other hosts were acting as faux back-up singer/dancers during Darlene and Bryan's performance.  If she did not pick out that hideous Christmas tree get-up herself, then wardrobe must absolutely hate her.  Standing up next to the other hosts with that mess of an outfit on really made her look enormous.   

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Or she's just happy she made it through her first season. Don't you know? It's EXHAUSTING having to be the arbiter of how Middle America and the racists think and feel. Because she grew up Middle Class.😒🙄😒🙄😒🙄😒🙄😒

In the middle of the country.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

She's on her third nose, for sure, which is a shame because #2 was perfect for her. LMAO at "contouring" and "shading" claims and LMAO at people who insist that you believe them when they lie. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Tanichka said:

And, why not?  Why would she show up for a two minute segment?  Who the hell is Armie Hammer, anyway?

I don’t think the press Christmas party  was ever set to happen. So they really didn’t cancel anything. People are just saying that because previous administrations have held press Christmas parties. 

Edited by PeterBrady
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

DIVA!! according to those in the know, she is a royal pain!

2 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

i didn't think i could hate her more.  cats are way too cool and intelligent for her anyway. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Actually he is.  His grandfather owned stock in the company that manufactures Arm & Hammer products.

His great-grandfather was some sort of wealthy-wealthy-wealthy oil baron and philanthropist, also named Armand Hammer (but not associated with the Arm & Hammer companies).

27 minutes ago, PeterBrady said:

I don’t think the press Christmas party  was ever set to happen. So they really didn’t cancel anything. People are just saying that because previous administrations have held press Christmas parties. 

From yesterday's Fox News website:  (the article goes on after this paragraph)

EXCLUSIVE – President Trump has canceled the White House holiday party for the media, making the decades-old tradition a victim of his increasingly contentious relationship with major news organizations.  The annual Christmas-season gathering was a significant perk for those covering the White House, as well as other Washington reporters, anchors and commentators, and New York media executives would regularly fly in for the occasion. At its peak, the invitation-only soirees grew so large that there were two back-to-back events, one for broadcast outlets and one for print organizations.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

We're all allowed to have our opinions, but does Ms. McCain have ANY IDEA how powerful, relentless, unforgiving, ride or die cat lovers are?   And what about their memories?   Whoa, Meghan...you really stepped in it this time!  You think YOU can hold a grudge?  Just wait...........

I haven't seen the show yet, but there are quite a few ways she could've phrased her dislike for cats that would have sounded better and would have been less offensive to cat-owners.  She could've said, "I'm not too much of a cat person," or "I'm more of a dog person than a cat person."  But of course that would require her to have common sense and to think before speaking.  

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 9

Not a surprise Meghan doesn't like cats because, unlike most dogs, cats know who to trust and who not to trust.

It wouldn't be Christmas without the annual singing from Darlene Love.  I do have to wonder why the View hosts are back up singers/dancers when only Sunny seemed into it?

• Love 9

I've been watching Darlene Love performing Baby Please Come Home yearly since the David Letterman era through its current incarnation on The View.  Special song, special performer.  Brian Adams' awful voice really ruined it for me this year.  Stay solo Darlene!

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 7