Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 12/10/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

They did have one in Nicole Wallace who is doing fabulous on MSNBC, but, they found her too sane so they fired her. 

Exactly.  ABC seems to want a certain type.  And as I have said before, trying to appeal to audience you don't have will only alienate the audience you do have.

• Love 16
17 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

On a superficial and shallow note, Jennifer Lopez is such a beautiful woman. I still think one of her best, if not the best, performances ever was when she portrayed Selena in the biopic. 

Oh, they're talking about it as I type this! Let me shut up watch, haha.

Love, la Lopez! ❤

Selena has always been one of my favorite movies. I'm Mexican-American and loved Selena for years her murder was unbelievable shocking.

Jennifer Lopez did a fantastic job playing Selena. 

I can't wait to see Jennifer's movie, it looks fun. 

If Chuck and Nancy had not fought back and schooled Trump,  all we would be hearing is that they are wimps and they let Trump walk all over them. I loved Nancy. And chuck  making fun of him to his was hilarious. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 24
3 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

The directors put in a couple shots of MM giving people dirty looks. They’re all on to her now....

Yesterday, when she was talking percentages of White House staff leaving under other presidents leaving compared to Trump she gave a particular nasty scowl towards her co-hosts who didn't get her point that she was trying to "give a compliment" to Obama.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Here’s my interpretation. ABC wants Abby and they’re going to invest in her. As for MM, no investment for her and she’s in her way out. 

This is my reaction, too. They're planning for Abby to take over Meghan's role of combative conservative without, you know, Meghan's penchant for acting unprofessional, screaming, little girl tantrums, and borderline harassment of the guests / the audience / her co-hosts. In other words, Abby is salvageable (with a famous father currently in politics) while Meghan is unfixable and has used up her 5 minutes. Either way, I had been wondering what was going on with Huntsman on last Friday's show.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 12
29 minutes ago, Radar said:

Yesterday, when she was talking percentages of White House staff leaving under other presidents leaving compared to Trump she gave a particular nasty scowl towards her co-hosts who didn't get her point that she was trying to "give a compliment" to Obama.

Yeah that was an incredibly nasty scowl.  Is it that Meghan has no awareness that she comes across so rude? Or is she that entitled and doesn't care? 

What I found interesting is, she did the nasty scowl rolled her eyes facing the audience,  then when the camera was full on her she slapped a smile on her face and said "it was a complament," still said it in a nasty tone . 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 16
33 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I think Meghan's plaid blazer today was an improvement over her last few outfits.  

And it seems they are all taking turns wearing advertisements for Whoopi's sweater brand.  Today was Abby's turn.  

I thought all of the cohosts looked nice today. I especially liked Sunny’s dress. I’ve gotten so used to seeing Joy wearing glasses that it was odd to see her not wearing them today. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

As boring as Abby is, I would much rather have her on the show than Meghan. I hope this "coach" isn't trying to turn her into Meghan 2.0.

Sorry to those who optimistically hope Abby will be Meghan's replacement, I'm thinking it's more like toughening Abby up so she and Meghan can tag-team. I'm sure Meghan is disappointed that her bestie is so polite.

I really don't see Meghan leaving unless Meghan wants to leave. Or she gets a better offer, but who would want her except Fox? And she left there once already or was fired or whatever, right? (I never saw her performances there)

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, CynicalGirl said:

Sorry to those who optimistically hope Abby will be Meghan's replacement, I'm thinking it's more like toughening Abby up so she and Meghan can tag-team.

This is exactly what I think is happening. 

3 minutes ago, CynicalGirl said:

And she left there once already or was fired or whatever, right? (I never saw her performances there)

Her performance there was very similar to what we see on The View, except she rarely, if ever, received any push-back. 

• Love 3

The good thing about having Abby on is we don’t have to hear MM complaining about being the lone conservative who is always under attack by the big bad evil liberals on the panel. Sure she finds other ways of claiming of being “attacked” but she can’t use the “me vs everyone else” anymore. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan, Nancy and Chuck weren't playing up to the cameras. Trump's the one that invited the so-called "fake news media" to watch that. And Sunny (or Joy? can't remember at the moment) asked Meghan the important question: if Nancy and Chuck were supposedly "playing up to the cameras," why did Nancy suggest they do it without the cameras present? 

Also, Sunny is right: Trump received a master lesson in politics but he wasn't the teacher, he was the student. Nancy held her own and she did a fantastic job. 

At one point they showed Trump do what looked like a left swipe in the air, as if he were on his phone, but Nancy & Chuck were still there after the swipe.  LOL.

One Friday Meghan complained about having to speak for Republicans and both Abby & Ana were right there on that episode with Republicans outnumbering liberals.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, Zahdii said:

My in-laws gave my firstborn one of those annoying toys.  It was a plastic rocking horse, only a few inches tall, and with the slightest movement it played the most annoying tune.  The kid loved it, and one car trip that stupid tune played nonstop for an hour.  Finally my husband said "Get that thing and throw it out the window or else!"  I looked back and saw that our kid had fallen asleep and the stupid toy was playing it's stupid tune because the movement of the car was enough to set it off.  So I reached back, got the toy, and realized there was an off switch on the bottom of it!  Peace reigned once again.

A couple of years later one of my sister in laws had really gotten on my nerves, so for Christmas I sent her kid this box with lots of brightly colored buttons to push, and each one made a different sound.  Her kid really liked it until it had a freak accident one day.  I guess they didn't find the off switch.

LMAO...that is brilliant!!

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Tammee said:

The beginning of the show was pre-empted by the Cohen news.  Anything of interest in HT?

Just about what happened with Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, and Trump yesterday. I think the next segment was something about body shaming? Can't remember. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Someone who's on Instagram with Joy should aske her to just spout off one day (apropos of nothing), "What about Benghazi???"   That will make Little Meghan's head jerk.

At every chance, i would bring up the topics of sex, marriage, kids knowing she wont speak.  Heeeeee

• Love 15
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Since they were talking about the Nancy/Chuck/Individual 1 convo, I'm surprised no one brought up how awkwardly Pense was sitting there the whole time.  

Pence was hoping that by sitting still they couldn't see him

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 23
20 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I think a trap door under her chair would work well.  As soon as she starts shrieking the door opens and it's good bye Meghan. 

Hah!  A new purpose for the bell! Wireless. Electric wiring somethingorother. She starts to spout.....ding the bell......trapdoor swings.  Release the hounds!!

• Love 7
Just now, Alexis2291 said:

Not very different at all, honestly.

I didn't think so. Your comment of "except" threw me off. It sounded like her experience there was the same except she does get push back on this show, which...she doesn't. Because they always cut to commercial as she starts to have a toddler tantrum at all the meanies.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Radar said:

It is a fact, not a compliment, you stupid cow.

Stupid cow referring to MM, not you, Radar.  :)

Edited by AdeleDazeem
  • Love 12
25 minutes ago, AdeleDazeem said:

It is a fact, not a compliment, you stupid cow.

Stupid cow referring to MM, not you, Radar.  :)

I think Meghan reacted that way because Sunny was questioning her about the low percentage. I don’t think Sunny was listening carefully and thought that Meghan was dissing Obama. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, PeterBrady said:

I think Meghan reacted that way because Sunny was questioning her about the low percentage. I don’t think Sunny was listening carefully and thought that Meghan was dissing Obama. 

Not sure what her point was or why she was making it, but the nasty looks at her co stars are not appropriate.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, WonderWuman73 said:

I loved Ana Navarro’s description of Pence at the meeting- I don’t know whether he was levitating, mediating or hibernating.

Another show described Pence as "the elf on the shelf" at that meeting.  That made it more fun to see the clip over and over.

• Love 15
5 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Her strut coming out of the White House after the meeting was amazing, strong and in charge.

Nancy and I are the same age.   To say that about me, one would write, "HaCHOO hobbled out of the White House thinking she looked amazing, strong, and in charge.  Bless her heart."

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Her performance there was very similar to what we see on The View, except she rarely, if ever, received any push-back. 

Ok, my curiosity was piqued, so I watched a few youtube videos. Yes, similar, but not quite as screechy. As always, her facial expressions let it be known if she didn't like what was being said, or if someone disagreed with her. I didn't see any overtalking or interrupting like she does now. Probably because she didn't have to work so hard to get her points heard with a bunch of Repubs.

On a totally shallow note, she looked a lot better, softer...hair, makeup and clothing. And of course, weight-wise. I don't understand why she dresses like such a middle-aged matron now. I get that she's heavier, but she's naturally pretty and she's in her 30's, why does she want to look 20 years older? Does she think she needs to look more like a "serious" pundi(n)t?

• Love 7

I've always liked Leah Remini, but I was clueless about her being in the Scientology cult until she did the show about it. Very informative.

I wish she'd leave her lips alone though. Why do women screw with them like that?! 

• Love 13
12 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Remember when ol' Sweaty Geddie would have private meetings with Elisabeth in her dressing room before the shows to go over her talking points?

And Joy looks FABULOUS today!

I think I may have laughed too hard at Sweaty Geddie. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

I've always liked Leah Remini, but I was clueless about her being in the Scientology cult until she did the show about it. Very informative.

I wish she'd leave her lips alone though. Why do women screw with them like that?!

I watched a lot of her Scientology show. I was expecting more from her on the show, but there was the fabulous JLo sitting there looking fabulous.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

I hope this "coach" isn't trying to turn her into Meghan 2.0.

I think today's lesson was on Interrupting.   Interrupt as quickly as you can...even if you don't really have a point to make.  Practice makes perfect.

• Love 13
23 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

J-lo is gorgeous and does not age at all.  I love her elegance and her clothing are always on point.. Plus, she was a fly girl from in living color.

of course she doesn't age. plastic surgery and personally wardrobe buyers and dresser, hair and make up people.. makes the rest of feel bad because we can't afford it or won't do it. don't fall for it. 

15 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

her mouth barely moved, her eyes look different.  i agree. she screwed her face.

• Love 8