Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 12/10/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

And did everyone forget the multiple, expensive Benghazi “investigations” the Republicans kept having and each resulting in nothing because there was nothing there?

Someone who's on Instagram with Joy should aske her to just spout off one day (apropos of nothing), "What about Benghazi???"   That will make Little Meghan's head jerk.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Cyranetta said:

Drat. I think MM has found an antidote to the tranq darts.

What i wouldn't give for a courageous staffer with one of those hooks they used to use in vaudeville to hustle an act that wasn't working offstage.

She defines insufferable, and Abby is beginning to ramp up her loud interruptions as well.

I think a trap door under her chair would work well.  As soon as she starts shrieking the door opens and it's good bye Meghan. 

• Love 17

Got home today,  scrolled through Facebook, saw a few posts about Whoopi offering herself up for the Oscars, kicked myself in the behind for putting that out into the universe last week by noting the Whoopi/ABC synergy, accessed today's episode on my dvr,  then I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED IT!

Must have been my subconscious. 

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, OpalNightstream said:

Someone needs to tell toy lady she can show enthusiasm without shouting! Holy crap I had to lower the volume once she came on.

Didn't it seem like some of those toys would be super annoying?

Like the toys you give to the children of your least favorite sibling.  Here, put up with your kids dangling  food from hats, and sharing germs with frog mouth masks and dino heads. Then let them make a mess washing a stuffed animal and dripping water all over the house.

• Love 11
28 minutes ago, OpalNightstream said:

Someone needs to tell toy lady she can show enthusiasm without shouting! Holy crap I had to lower the volume once she came on.

I was so into that!  My favorites are the egg/stuffed animal thing; the kitchen over a chair and, of course, the star wars car.

• Love 1

Based on what I've been reading, MM continues to use the following excuses for her baseless opinions bad behavior/claims/anger:

1. "My father died and....."             2.  "But what about..."     3. "When Obama/Hilary..."    4.  "As a Republican..."

As for the first - We have all lost a parent who we loved and sometimes it's been sudden/unexpected and sometimes we know it will come and sometimes we are aware but still not quite prepared.  She had a year of knowledge that her father was going to die.  I lost my mother and we knew it would arrive sooner than we would like and slowly prepared emotionally.  We leaned on each other and talked a lot about her (my mother had Alzheimer's) as we gathered with her.   When she finally took her last breath (I was blessed to be holding her with my sister when it happened), I truly felt at peace and in a weird way a sense of happiness for her.  I do talk about her or mention her at least once a day but not in a poor me I lost my mother, but in just conversation.  And I still cry but it's a momentary sadness because I believe that she is happy where she is.  As someone upthread said, we can't fight death, death needs to be accepted because that is a part of life.

For the second - Yes, what about the orange guy continually changing his past, his justifications, his lack of civility and respect towards others, his greed, his just awful demeanor.  And how can she defend him after what she said at her father's funeral?

For the third - You (MM) continually remind us to "get over it, you (I'm assuming Democrats) lost", yet continually bring them up.  Why?

And finally - How about "As a human being..." Or "Looking at everything that has been said, I think..."

(Sorry,  I hope I didn't go to off-topic.  It's just that she does makes me so mad.)

• Love 23
9 hours ago, OnTime said:

Meghan, plaid dresses are not for your body size.

You just don't have the body for them.  Stop!

Are tartans America? Checks DNA.

25 minutes ago, pinguina said:

Based on what I've been reading, MM continues to use the following excuses for her baseless opinions bad behavior/claims/anger:

1. "My father died and....."             2.  "But what about..."     3. "When Obama/Hilary..."    4.  "As a Republican..."

As for the first - We have all lost a parent who we loved and sometimes it's been sudden/unexpected and sometimes we know it will come and sometimes we are aware but still not quite prepared.  She had a year of knowledge that her father was going to die.  I lost my mother and we knew it would arrive sooner than we would like and slowly prepared emotionally.  We leaned on each other and talked a lot about her (my mother had Alzheimer's) as we gathered with her.   When she finally took her last breath (I was blessed to be holding her with my sister when it happened), I truly felt at peace and in a weird way a sense of happiness for her.  I do talk about her or mention her at least once a day but not in a poor me I lost my mother, but in just conversation.  And I still cry but it's a momentary sadness because I believe that she is happy where she is.  As someone upthread said, we can't fight death, death needs to be accepted because that is a part of life.

For the second - Yes, what about the orange guy continually changing his past, his justifications, his lack of civility and respect towards others, his greed, his just awful demeanor.  And how can she defend him after what she said at her father's funeral?

For the third - You (MM) continually remind us to "get over it, you (I'm assuming Democrats) lost", yet continually bring them up.  Why?

And finally - How about "As a human being..." Or "Looking at everything that has been said, I think..."

(Sorry,  I hope I didn't go to off-topic.  It's just that she does makes me so mad.)

Sorry for your loss. Yes, it's difficult, but it doesn't mean you get free rein to be an asshole. We both dealt with it, and moved on.

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, pinguina said:

As for the first - We have all lost a parent who we loved and sometimes it's been sudden/unexpected and sometimes we know it will come and sometimes we are aware but still not quite prepared.

In our family we die quite quickly and we think it a blessing.  My mom walked into the ER and within 3 weeks she died.  The hospice let us stay 24 hours a day and even fed us meals.  We literally had a huge fight over her the night she died.  Me, my sister and brother were screaming at each other on either side and the foot of her bed.  My brother sent us home and he went out in the hall to order he and his son breakfast.  My nephew saw her take her last breath.  He was her favorite and a quiet kid.  We figured she told herself, "Finally, peace and quiet", "Damn kids".  

Maybe the funeral being public was too much for the family.  They should have had a private thing just for the family and close friends.  That is the time you reflect, tell stories and eventually laugh.  I think it is an important part of the process.

31 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

let them make a mess washing a stuffed animal and dripping water all over the house.

As a super aunt I would so do the stuffed animals at my house.  I would have a sleepover.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 5

Is it mean to want them to start playing the “Wrap Up Your Speech and Get off the Stage” Oscar music that they were (lecturing) us about when Whoopi has an airtight hold on a Hot Tooic and blabbers it into oblivion?

Edited by geekburger
  • Love 18

Back to the show, how many ugly Christmas sweaters does Whoopi push?

3 minutes ago, geekburger said:

Is it mean to want them to start playing the “Wrap Up Your Speech and Get off the Stage” Oscar music that they were (lecturing) us about when Whoopi has an airtight hold on a Hot Tooic and blabbers it into oblivion?

Thinks we may need a Whoopi interpreter, probably involves pot.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, OnTime said:

A plaid dress because someone in wardrobe told her it is slenderizing.

A plaid dress because someone in wardobe told her it was American.    

Fuck those Scots! 

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, nokat said:

Because I am basically evil, I want family to throw my ashes into the Pacific, and then have them blow back into their faces. 

Funny!  That’s more or less what my dad said years ago.  We were to fly over my home town, dump the ashes and he hoped everyone who he disliked or who had screwed with him got ashes in his/her eyes.

• Love 6

Again today when they were talking about marriage MM refuses. Saying to Whoopi, I don't want to talk about my marriage. She only wants to talk about politics. Why is it Nicolle Wallace was fired and MM keeps her job.

Abby has started to yell and over talk Joy. I notice she does not do that to Whoopi.

I dont look forward to the show lately, but looking forward to Leah.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

Someone who's on Instagram with Joy should aske her to just spout off one day (apropos of nothing), "What about Benghazi???"   That will make Little Meghan's head jerk.

I'm not sure I follow Joy, but I'll check. I'm on social media but I dont get on it very often.  I do enjoy doing it for my fellow posters.  

Ok just tweeted joy and asked to please  remind abby and MM of the Benghazi long investigation. 

I hope someone way smarter than me helps lol.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, maggiemae said:

LOL - on her twitter her fans are crazy about that ridiculous dress.

well, the plaid was a pretty pattern, I liked the colors.  With  the ruffle on the bottom, the overall poufiness, and the belted waist , the dress would be cute - on a little girl.  But it might have to be toned down a little.  

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

The directors put in a couple shots of MM giving people dirty looks. They’re all on to her now....

They also showed Joy being taken aback by Abby interrupting her.  I think most backstage personnel is Team Joy.

• Love 11
45 minutes ago, OnTime said:

We have a host problem!

https://pagesix.com/2018/12/10/the-view-brings-on-talent-coach-to-help-snooze-abby-huntsman/

Now they are trying to fix Abby!!!

11 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

Abby has started to yell and over talk Joy. I notice she does not do that to Whoopi.

From the article: "And an ABC exec added, 'We love Abby and we’re so happy with her at the table. She’s smart and she’s got a great perspective.' ” 

Cool.  Just great. ABC loves Abby.  ABC's idea of giving contradicting opinions within the same sentence is "great perspective."  Why do we bother?

So she was hired (without testing) for her father's "name recognition"?  Is he REALLY a household name?

Suppose the yelling and over-talking Joy is part of the coaching?  And maybe "Do NOT do that to Whoopi," is too?

• Love 10

Abby is fine. She participates in the fluffier topics and seem to get along with everyone. She may be slightly boring, but at least she allows people to talk. I may not agree with her (same with the other ladies) but as long as you're professional I don't care. If ABC is hiring a coach for her, then why not for Meghan to teach her how to listen more than talk?

• Love 21
Just now, CheezyXpressed said:

Abby is fine. She participates in the fluffier topics and seem to get along with everyone. She may be slightly boring, but at least she allows people to talk. I may not agree with her (same with the other ladies) but as long as you're professional I don't care. If ABC is hiring a coach for her, then why not for Meghan to teach her how to listen more than talk?

Hear!  Hear!

• Love 3
7 hours ago, WonderWuman73 said:

She  said she wanted Ken J. to host the Oscars. 

We KNOW that's not true; there's only ONE person she wants to be the host-ess.  She's doing her humble-brag thing again.  

11 hours ago, maggiemae said:

LOL - on her twitter her fans are crazy about that ridiculous dress.

Emphasis on the "crazy" ???   

• Love 5

Yeah, so instead of "fixing" Meghan, they want to "fix" Abby and turn her into a shrieking harpy a la Meghan??  Abby is "boring" because she behaves like an adult and respects her co-hosts?  So, tell her to start yelling and interrupting Joy like Meghan because that will "fix it!"  all the while, ignoring the elephant in the room. 

• Love 12
16 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I think a trap door under her chair would work well.  As soon as she starts shrieking the door opens and it's good bye Meghan. 

Whenever I see or hear about a trap door under a chair being discussed in relation to a talk show I think of this SNL Read Audio cartoon with David Brenner. In it he's telling a really long story like he was known to do all the while hosts of each talk show activate their trap doors to have him drop into the next one. I wish someone would do something similar with RBM. Even though Ana is on Fridays now I still haven't been able to make myself try to watch the show. If there's ever a Friday where RBM is actually off the show I'd probably tune in. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, CheezyXpressed said:

If ABC is hiring a coach for her, then why not for Meghan to teach her how to listen more than talk?

So far seven coaches hired to work with Meghan have mysteriously disappeared.  I read that a 20/20* special is in the works.  Meghan is so concerned, she has signed on as Executive Producer.

*Every time I hear 20/20, I think of the way BahBah said it, "Twennnnty, Twennnty."

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Alexis2291 said:

I hope this "coach" isn't trying to turn her into Meghan 2.0.

Remember the old days--the Geddie days--when all the ladies were required to "make sparks!" ?

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 6

Ok, Whoopi actually made me LOL twice in that segment.  One -- at the "poop" tea.  And two -- "where are you following them?" to Sunny. 

Oh shit, and I just realized I am watching today.  Ha!  So much for my claim yesterday that I don't watch anymore.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Remember the old days--the Geddie days--when all the ladies were required to "make sparks!" ?

Remember when ol' Sweaty Geddie would have private meetings with Elisabeth in her dressing room before the shows to go over her talking points? 

And Joy looks FABULOUS today!

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, Cementhead said:

Remember when ol' Sweaty Geddie would have private meetings with Elisabeth in her dressing room before the shows to go over her talking points? 

Megan gets her talking points from her husband.. Some things never change on this show.

• Love 11
14 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Didn't it seem like some of those toys would be super annoying?

Like the toys you give to the children of your least favorite sibling.  Here, put up with your kids dangling  food from hats, and sharing germs with frog mouth masks and dino heads. Then let them make a mess washing a stuffed animal and dripping water all over the house.

My in-laws gave my firstborn one of those annoying toys.  It was a plastic rocking horse, only a few inches tall, and with the slightest movement it played the most annoying tune.  The kid loved it, and one car trip that stupid tune played nonstop for an hour.  Finally my husband said "Get that thing and throw it out the window or else!"  I looked back and saw that our kid had fallen asleep and the stupid toy was playing it's stupid tune because the movement of the car was enough to set it off.  So I reached back, got the toy, and realized there was an off switch on the bottom of it!  Peace reigned once again.

A couple of years later one of my sister in laws had really gotten on my nerves, so for Christmas I sent her kid this box with lots of brightly colored buttons to push, and each one made a different sound.  Her kid really liked it until it had a freak accident one day.  I guess they didn't find the off switch.

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Rosie was the one who disclosed that little tidbit.

2 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan gets her talking points from her husband.. Some things never change on this show.

Is it too much to ask that the blond conservative panelist be able to form her own opinions?

• Love 12
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

Is it too much to ask that the blond conservative panelist be able to form her own opinions?

They did have one in Nicole Wallace who is doing fabulous on MSNBC, but, they found her too sane so they fired her. 

• Love 15

On a superficial and shallow note, Jennifer Lopez is such a beautiful woman. I still think one of her best, if not the best, performances ever was when she portrayed Selena in the biopic. 

Oh, they're talking about it as I type this! Let me shut up watch, haha.

• Love 15