Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: The Virgin & The Trick

• Start Topic

Clint plans to marry a prisoner he's never met; Caitlin keeps a mother of a secret from Matt; tensions flare when Scott meets his soon-to-be stepdaughter; Virgin Megan is secretly engaged to an inmate who's keeping a big secret of his own.

I'm pleasantly surprised this season, how the side characters (family and friends) are seemingly articulate and logical. The one prison guy's Mom was very well spoken and showed considerable restraint towards that skinny girl. When all the while, you could tell she was thinking "This will not end well". 

This needs to be TWO HOURS! How they gonna leave us with the two fiancés cliff hanger? My mouth dropped open at that reveal. Has to be scripted right? 

• Love 22
10 minutes ago, Cammi said:

I'm pleasantly surprised this season, how the side characters (family and friends) are seemingly articulate and logical. The one prison guy's Mom was very well spoken and showed considerable restraint towards that skinny girl. When all the while, you could tell she was thinking "This will not end well". 

This needs to be TWO HOURS! How they gonna leave us with the two fiancés cliff hanger? My mouth dropped open at that reveal. Has to be scripted right? 

I agree. Can you imagine the glee of the producers when they found out about the two fiances?  Ratings gold!

• Love 12

Oh man, Scott being told he needs to buy a house with 4 bedrooms and a pool? Or what? She’s going to be out on the streets? Scott needs to not accept any more calls from this shady woman. 

Caitlin seems all hopped up on something herself, I can’t believe her inmate’s mom is just going to let her live there. And that Clint guy who somehow appears to be the same age as his parents and seems developmentally delayed. This should be a good season!

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, vintagesac said:

Caitlin seems all hopped up on something herself, I can’t believe her inmate’s mom is just going to let her live there.

I’m glad she’s got his mom to protect her. She’s going to need it.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Scott needs to be in a special type of  home so someone can feed him and dress him and SLAP THE EVER-LOVING SHIT OUT OF HIM!!! Who is that stupid??? The daughter is the only one who has a brain. If someone I’d given over $90,000 to told me no sex and a pool is a must... I’d hang up and run like hell!

Caitlyn is in for a rude awakening. If he’s that controlling on the phone, once he gets home she’s going to be in fear for her life.

Clint getting married on Friday .... why didn’t his ex bitchslap him across the room to knock some sense into him? 

The two woman engaged to the prisoner (one with his child), I’d be selling tickets to the matchup once they meet. 

I think producers went out of their way to find nutjobs.

Amen to this entire post. 

th (17).jpeg

• Love 2

Clint seems a bit... touched.

The skinny redhead (who looks a lot like one of the girls on Teem Mom OG) is in for a ride. A short-tempered meth addict?

Scott admitting to the daughter that he knew that most of his money went towards drugs is news. Last season he pretended like he had no idea where it all went. The daughter is right to be horrified. He is a classic enabler. She'll get out of prison, camp out in his house and let him support her and buy her drugs so she "won't be sick." She'll never recover.

My jaw was on the floor with the second fiancee reveal. The virgin and the baby mama. You can't script this!

Disappointed we didn't get any scenes from Tony and Angela.

Love this show! So glad it's back.

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Clint seems a bit... touched.

The skinny redhead (who looks a lot like one of the girls on Teem Mom OG) is in for a ride. A short-tempered meth addict?

Scott admitting to the daughter that he knew that most of his money went towards drugs is news. Last season he pretended like he had no idea where it all went. The daughter is right to be horrified. He is a classic enabler. She'll get out of prison, camp out in his house and let him support her and buy her drugs so she "won't be sick." She'll never recover.

My jaw was on the floor with the second fiancee reveal. The virgin and the baby mama. You can't script this!

Disappointed we didn't get any scenes from Tony and Angela.

Love this show! So glad it's back.

I thought the same thing - looks a lot like Macy from TM. This is the first time I watched this show and it is a hot mess!

maci-bookout.jpg

• Love 6

I love this show.  It's easier to snark on the idiots when there aren't innocent children involved, like on my beloved 90 Day Fiance.  I'm not counting Aviana, since they're her actual parents.

Jasmine is my hero.  She is a smart, level headed, young woman who sees the truth.  $90k spent mostly on drugs?  I'd want that out of my mother's life immediately.  The answer to withdrawal is not more drugs, if you actually love someone.

The virgin deserves it.  So does the hotel simpleton.  

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Kangatush said:

I love this show.  It's easier to snark on the idiots when there aren't innocent children involved, like on my beloved 90 Day Fiance.  I'm not counting Aviana, since they're her actual parents.

Jasmine is my hero.  She is a smart, level headed, young woman who sees the truth.  $90k spent mostly on drugs?  I'd want that out of my mother's life immediately.  The answer to withdrawal is not more drugs, if you actually love someone.

The virgin deserves it.  So does the hotel simpleton.  

The ignorance of some of these people is astounding. I feel like it must be scripted....no way is anyone that damn stupid and delusional.  

• Love 4

Just think what nice dental implants Scott could have bought with that vanished $90K! Anybody think he has medical problems? He's so sweaty/red-faced/wet-eyed looking. His house is quite nice and well-cared for; now he's willing to move from California (right?) to the frozen tundra for that worthless, aging sugar baby. I get that Jasmine wants to reconnect, but she's doomed to be betrayed/used by mommy.

I felt sorry for Kaitlin; it sounds like her life has been unhappy. Did anyone notice when she was changing her clothes that her stomach was weirdly wrinkled and saggy for someone so young and skinny- lost a lot of weight or had a baby at some point? Matt is nowhere near good looking enough (I assume the missing teeth are due to meth) for her to put up with the temper/addiction.

I assumed Megan the Virgin was a church girl, until she talked non stop about having sex with Mike before the wedding. I couldn't believe that she would consent to that 'sexercise' bit being shown where her disapproving daddy is going to see it. And although we haven't seen Mike in the flesh yet, his phone shot made him look shrimpy and unremarkable. Megan and Baby Momma are both pretty, how is it possible he's the best they can do??

• Love 17
13 hours ago, vintagesac said:

Oh man, Scott being told he needs to buy a house with 4 bedrooms and a pool? Or what? She’s going to be out on the streets?

My friend who introduced me to this and 90-Day Fiance (I love him to death but I hate him for that): "I wish I WOULD let a jailbird dictate houses to me." And she won't have sex either? Scott is a fucking fool and he's going to kill his fiancee by enabling her drug habit. (The daughter is beautiful.)

It makes me laugh when people ask what people in jail are doing. Um ... not much. That's kind of the point.

Five months "with" (you can't be dating someone you literally can't go on a date with!) someone you haven't even ben able to see a movie with? Caitlin, girl. And he's in her phone as "Everything." LORD. I can see immediately why she's hinging her life on him - she seems to have had a had life without much support & she's cleaving to whatever she can.

Clint seems ... dumb. Just straight up unintelligent.

14 hours ago, Cammi said:

All the family & friends seem to have good sense! Matt's mother seems to know exactly who her son is.

• Love 13

I can't believe it took 12 comments (!!!!) before someone brought up the Virgin taking Sexercise Classes on How to Be On Top.  Seriously? It's really an indicator of the brilliance of this season's casting that that wasn't the FIRST THING out of everyone's mouths!

Plus, thanks to commercials, I found out Bridezillas is back! Or never left, or something, but I've fired up the Tivo to get back episodes to be in training to return to that show. Oh, the week between 90 Days had seemed so long, but now I am happy again! Murphy Brown reruns, Bridezillas, Love after Lockup, 90 Days.... all I need now is some classic Designing Women and some 60 Days In (January?) and I'll be in hog heaven!!

• Love 11
34 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Yes, it’s called alcoholism.

Yeah, I considered that, but aside from the Lizzie issue, his life seems pretty orderly for a drunk. Nice/kept up house, savings, a good paying job, even a nice looking friend (the woman we saw last season, who we all thought he should be with instead of old sugar baby). I was thinking more of heart problems, but you may be right.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, DNR said:

Hashtag TEAM JAZMYNE !! the kid has more sense than any of these nutjobs 

It broke my heart when she said maybe if she hadn't been born, her mom wouldn't be in prison.  No baby girl, you mom made ALL her own choices.  Never blame yourself.

• Love 24
4 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

broke my heart when she said maybe if she hadn't been born, her mom wouldn't be in prison.  No baby girl, you mom made ALL her own choices.  Never blame yourself.

Me too ! That was so sad .... i have a feeling Lizzie is gonna break that kids heart again

• Love 6

Clint and the phrase "that boy ain't right" are the best match on the show.  He is 37 going on 67.  There is something definitely not right about him.  He and Scott are in a battle for who looks the least healthy among the non-convicts.  The both look like they have some form of substance abuse problem.

$90K over 3 years.  Heck, for that money I'll pretend to be in love with Scott while never seeing him.  He has to be in some serious debt at this point. He certainly doesn't seem like someone who is earning the kind of money that would let him give that much away.  Jazmyne seems very smart, yet so vulnerable.  I agree with @DNR, Lizzie is going to crush her when she goes back to her old ways.  She didn't get clean in prison.  She's not going to get clean outside, especially with Scott handing over money whenever she wants.  This is a train going full speed into a brick wall.  

Matt's mom for the win!  When someone's mother is telling you that he has rage issues and she expects him to be right back in jail, take their advice.  I cannot imagine moving in with someone you've never met.  Then again, when packing consists of throwing your clothes in trash bags, life may not be going swimmingly.   I feel sorry for Caitlin already.  I can't imagine how much worse this will get.

Megan is battling Scott for the most delusional.  Yeah, sure, Michael wants nothing to do with his baby mama, Sarah.  I will never understand women who want to have a battle for a man.  At least Sarah knew him before he was incarcerated and, since they have a daughter together, has a reason to keep him in her life.  Our virgin princess is jumping onto this train well after it left the station.  The sexercise video had me howling.  He's been in for years.  It's not going to take any fancy moves to satisfy him, at least not on the first round.  As Johnna shared last season in her exciting wearing my showercap for sexy times and keeping the mics live sex scene, that was fast! 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

He certainly doesn't seem like someone who is earning the kind of money that would let him give that much away.

He mentioned blowing through all of his savings. He’s a truck driver, and took time off from that to do this silly show where he’s only making himself look foolish. He’s a psychiatrist’s dream. As Jazzmine said, cut off the money and then see how much my mother really loves you.

He has a son, for crying out loud, who’s probably in hiding from embarrassment by now.

• Love 12

It really is amazing how dumb and desperate these people are-and I’m talk about the non-convicts lol!

I didn’t think it was possible for Scott to get ever more stupider (nod to Mother Chantel for any of you 90 Day Fiancé fans) but it happened. The significan others/moms/friend’s all seem to have a grip on reality, especially that daughter who was horrified that Scott was knowingly supplying $ that went directly for drugs. Supplying drug money is NOT how you show an addict you love them. 

Clint doesn’t seem right, nope, not at all. His ex was like WTH? 

This season is going to be fun to watch! 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

It really is amazing how dumb and desperate these people are-and I’m talk about the non-convicts lol!

I didn’t think it was possible for Scott to get ever more stupider (nod to Mother Chantel for any of you 90 Day Fiancé fans) but it happened. The significan others/moms/friend’s all seem to have a grip on reality, especially that daughter who was horrified that Scott was knowingly supplying $ that went directly for drugs. Supplying drug money is NOT how you show an addict you love them. 

Clint doesn’t seem right, nope, not at all. His ex was like WTH? 

This season is going to be fun to watch! 

Agreed. The convicts are amazingly smarter than their partners, simply because of their master manipulation skills. I have to wonder, what makes someone so desperate to actually seek out a life partner who is currently incarcerated? What is wrong with meeting people in everyday life, or even with all the online dating sites - that are legit filled with millions of single people that are NOT in prison? So exactly what mindset is one in that they go out of their way to find a stranger in prison? 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Hannah94 said:

Agreed. The convicts are amazingly smarter than their partners, simply because of their master manipulation skills. I have to wonder, what makes someone so desperate to actually seek out a life partner who is currently incarcerated? What is wrong with meeting people in everyday life, or even with all the online dating sites - that are legit filled with millions of single people that are NOT in prison? So exactly what mindset is one in that they go out of their way to find a stranger in prison? 

My theory: They are in control of the relationship, or so they think. They know where their significant other is at all times. They plan on them being so grateful once they get out that they will bow down to them and never leave their side.

• Love 14
Just now, cooksdelight said:

My theory: They are in control of the relationship, or so they think. They know where their significant other is at all times. They plan on them being so grateful once they get out that they will bow down to them and never leave their side.

Reality is about to hit them hard in the face, at a very high price. I agree with your thoughts. I just cringe watching these people actually paying to be a victim. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Like a rescue pet.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

He mentioned blowing through all of his savings. He’s a truck driver, and took time off from that to do this silly show where he’s only making himself look foolish. He’s a psychiatrist’s dream. As Jazzmine said, cut off the money and then see how much my mother really loves you.

He has a son, for crying out loud, who’s probably in hiding from embarrassment by now.

He needs to spend a few bucks at the barber shop!  Then a trip to the dentist can't hurt!  Fixed up he might be a bit more presentable to women on the outside!  Just my two cents!

• Love 7
5 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

That's exactly what it is.  I've worked in criminal defense for over a decade.  There is a subset of women that seek out inmates and parolees for those exact reasons.  These are the women who will text back and forth nonstop with their "ex" who they've taken a restraining order out against, all lovey dovey until the "ex" says something they don't like.  Then they call up their PO (who they have on speed dial) and get their "true love" sent back to prison out of spite.  Happens all the time.  

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, lezlers said:

That's exactly what it is.  I've worked in criminal defense for over a decade.  There is a subset of women that seek out inmates and parolees for those exact reasons.  These are the women who will text back and forth nonstop with their "ex" who they've taken a restraining order out against, all lovey dovey until the "ex" says something they don't like.  Then they call up their PO (who they have on speed dial) and get their "true love" sent back to prison out of spite.  Happens all the time.  

i need to PM you, LOL

Gosh, I love this stupid show! And this season looks even better than last season.

I absolutely hate Lizzie, more than I did before this episode. I've hated the way she's been taking advantage of Scott's kindness. I could not believe her talking on the phone dictating to him exactly what he will buy. Must have at least four bedrooms, have a pool, etc. Who in the hell is you to dictate what Scott does with his money? And yet like an abused little puppy he does whatever she says.

But now I really feel bad for Jazzmin. she is most definitely this morning person on this show.it is all kinds of messed up that Scott has been sending Lizzie all this money knowing that she's purchasing drugs with it. if she's unable to stay sober in jail, just imagine what she'll be like when she gets out. Scott seems like a nice person, so I think Lizzie has been emotionally abusive to that man and has manipulated him into sending her money for drugs. I'm so glad Jazzmin spoke up about how wrong that is. And Jazzmin is most definitely going to get her heart broken once again. someone really did a number on that poor kid, allowing herself to feel responsible for her mom going to jail.

I also feel really bad for Kaitlyn. She seems so sweet and so needy. I couldn't believe how nasty her " boyfriend " was to her on the phone, cursing at her,.calling her a liar and hanging up on her. Kaitlyn,  listen to his mom and get the hell out of there fast. In general, angry controlling asshole meth-heafs do not the best boyfriends make. I get the feeling she has been through some terrible abusive relationships in the past, which is why she thinks it's okay to accept that behavior from anyone. That's not going to end well.

The dude with 2 fiancees, damn.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, SuzyQILoveYou said:

Gosh, I love this stupid show! And this season looks even better than last season.

I absolutely hate Lizzie, more than I did before this episode. I've hated the way she's been taking advantage of Scott's kindness. I could not believe her talking on the phone dictating to him exactly what he will buy. Must have at least four bedrooms, have a pool, etc. Who in the hell is you to dictate what Scott does with his money? And yet like an abused little puppy he does whatever she says.

But now I really feel bad for Jazzmin. she is most definitely this morning person on this show.it is all kinds of messed up that Scott has been sending Lizzie all this money knowing that she's purchasing drugs with it. if she's unable to stay sober in jail, just imagine what she'll be like when she gets out. Scott seems like a nice person, so I think Lizzie has been emotionally abusive to that man and has manipulated him into sending her money for drugs. I'm so glad Jazzmin spoke up about how wrong that is. And Jazzmin is most definitely going to get her heart broken once again. someone really did a number on that poor kid, allowing herself to feel responsible for her mom going to jail.

I also feel really bad for Kaitlyn. She seems so sweet and so needy. I couldn't believe how nasty her " boyfriend " was to her on the phone, cursing at her,.calling her a liar and hanging up on her. Kaitlyn,  listen to his mom and get the hell out of there fast. In general, angry controlling asshole meth-heafs do not the best boyfriends make. I get the feeling she has been through some terrible abusive relationships in the past, which is why she thinks it's okay to accept that behavior from anyone. That's not going to end well.

The dude with 2 fiancees, damn.

How will Scott feel when she fatally overdoses on drugs she bought with his money?  He already is such a sad sack imagine a heaping plate of guilt added to that.

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Scott's "kindness" is actually enabling and it's the furthest thing from kind.

Scott's a moron. I'm amazed at the way people are so willing to let themselves be used. 

I feel badly for Jasmine and hope that she has enough self esteem and strength to be able to  pick up the pieces and go on when she realizes that her mom is still a user. 

• Love 13

I wanted to vomit when Lizzie pulled out the “godly woman” talk to tell Scott there would be no sex. Ugh. He’s an idiot.

Was anyone else shocked at how normal Clint’s ex appears to be?

I will never understand why prisoners are allowed to place ads on craigslist or put up dating website profiles. Isn't their Internet access controlled? How are they getting phones? I don’t understand.

• Love 19
3 hours ago, PityFree said:

I wanted to vomit when Lizzie pulled out the “godly woman” talk to tell Scott there would be no sex. Ugh. He’s an idiot.

Was anyone else shocked at how normal Clint’s ex appears to be?

I will never understand why prisoners are allowed to place ads on craigslist or put up dating website profiles. Isn't their Internet access controlled? How are they getting phones? I don’t understand.

That is something that boggles my mind as well. How did this become a "thing"? Looking for love with an incarcerated convict?

Oh, and Lizzie makes me sick and Scott has got to be the most ignorant man alive to fall for her garbage. It is so painfully clear to the rest of the world she is using him and yet he is blind to it. How?

Edited by Hannah94
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

Oh, and Lizzie makes me sick and Scott has got to be the most ignorant man alive to fall for her garbage. It is so painfully clear to the rest of the world she is using him and yet he is blind to it. How?

Scott actually said, paraphrased, that he's a rescuer and that it makes him feel good to help her financially. So, he's not only stupid, but oh so weak.

This aged, convict sugar baby (lizzie) has the most ugly, entitled personality to ever speak over the telephone wires. Where else would she live if Scott were unable to procure a 4 bed w pool home that she "MUST APPROVE of first"? I'm seriously wondering about that. It'll be a fun season. 

• Love 6

Last season, after watching the first episode, all I could think of was how fun the season would be. This time around, I'm just not feeling some of these pairings. I have zero sympathy for the Grateful Dead guy and the druggie. She's a disgusting user and he's an absolute moron. He deserves to be taken if he's that stupid.

Clint is definitely not all there and his story had me ready to go to sleep.

Matt and Caitlyn (who I thought looked like Maci from TM OG also) are gonna be a real train wreck. I think he was pissed that she was at his mother's because he thought his mother probably told her the real deal about him. I was very confused when Mom showed Caitlin a picture of Matt with earrings and said "That was 5th grade." There was no way that was a 5th grade picture, unless I heard it wrong, or am nuts.

The virgin is 28 and went to college. If she is that naive, then I can't feel sorry for her. It should be fun to watch this situation unfold though.

The other one, who was eating salad at the supposed wedding venue is going to be alone not long after her dude gets out.

• Love 4

Jazmyne is BEAUTIFUL. What a gorgeous young woman. I hope she can see that. She even seems to be smart and emotionally mature for her age. Her grandparents did an amazing job.

Friends, how did I miss season 1? I’m sad that I missed another trainwreck with my 90DF/Unexpected crew. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, IvySpice said:

Jazmyne is BEAUTIFUL. What a gorgeous young woman. I hope she can see that. She even seems to be smart and emotionally mature for her age. Her grandparents did an amazing job.

Friends, how did I miss season 1? I’m sad that I missed another trainwreck with my 90DF/Unexpected crew. 

My heart breaks for her. She is crazy smart and yet she is so hopeful for her mom....I seriously doubt her mom will last 3 months out of prison. But Jaz is absolutely beautiful and way smarter than Lizzie and that dumb ass toothless Scott together. So sad :(

• Love 5

I could physically feel and see Adam's, Scott's son, revulsion when Lizzie was hugging him. Sharp Entertainment must be paying Adam to be in these grotesque and awkward scenes. Certainly he didn't move his 19-year old life permanently to WI? 

Adam needs to not ever get involved with Jazmyn, this kid has enough crazy with his own father. Scott reminds me of Danielle with the blind obsessiveness, the wicked dumping of relationship anguish onto the children, and of course, spending every dime on a fantasy until they're broke. 

• Love 4
On 12/14/2018 at 3:35 PM, configdotsys said:

Matt and Caitlyn (who I thought looked like Maci from TM OG also) are gonna be a real train wreck. I think he was pissed that she was at his mother's because he thought his mother probably told her the real deal about him. I was very confused when Mom showed Caitlin a picture of Matt with earrings and said "That was 5th grade." There was no way that was a 5th grade picture, unless I heard it wrong, or am nuts.

Agreed.  He was upset b/c he knew his mom would warn his lemming.  

• Love 2
On 12/7/2018 at 11:11 PM, vintagesac said:

Oh man, Scott being told he needs to buy a house with 4 bedrooms and a pool? Or what? She’s going to be out on the streets? Scott needs to not accept any more calls from this shady woman. 

Caitlin seems all hopped up on something herself, I can’t believe her inmate’s mom is just going to let her live there. And that Clint guy who somehow appears to be the same age as his parents and seems developmentally delayed. This should be a good season!

Thank you! I was thinking...were your parents 12 when they had you?! He is really “off”. 

• Love 2
On 12/15/2018 at 10:18 AM, IvySpice said:

I missed Season 1 also, but I found the entire season online  WETV.  It had annoying glitches, but still now I'm "in the know."

• Love 3