Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: The Finale (Holiday Special)

11 hours ago, spanana said:

Which again, if she's been a pushy brat since Toddlers & Tiaras, is it okay to blame a tiny child for acting out based on the way she was raised?  So because her family and producers and whoever think the attitude Alanna has cultivated is charming, and by turn that has been ingrained in her since birth, is it any wonder she has internalized it and continued to run with said persona?  She's been given positive reinforcement for that persona since being tiny, so of course she still does it.

IMO Alanna is fair game when she is an adult and by that time should hopefully be able to figure out what she does or doesn't want in terms of attention or otherwise.  But at this point she is still a child and a child who has profited in her life and for her family (financially) by acting a certain why.  No kid should have to carry being a cash cow for their family. 

So my point is, and I promise I'll leave it alone after this, is allowances shouldn't be made for some kids and not others.   To feel bad for Mack and Tripp fore being forced in front of the cameras while open deriding another child for the same reason doesn't wash for me.  And no, even if Alanna wanted to do DWTS Jrs and people say the decisions was all hers (as it probably wasn't for Tripp), she didn't really consent herself since she's a minor. 

Problem is that she's no longer a "tiny child"...she's a teenager. And regardless of her upbringing, at 13-14, she should finally realize that being pushy and winning isn't everything. So unless she has zero friends to relate to, she must be aware that she is the only one acting out. Making allowances and continually referring to her as "still a child" isn't helping her either. She needs to grow up and start acting like a normal teenager and not some dopey kid making stupid faces and talking about "sketti". That shit is no longer cute.

Edited by MsTree
  • Love 5
On 12/15/2018 at 3:48 AM, MsTree said:

Problem is that she's no longer a "tiny child"...she's a teenager. And regardless of her upbringing, at 13-14, she should finally realize that being pushy and winning isn't everything. So unless she has zero friends to relate to, she must be aware that she is the only one acting out. Making allowances and continually referring to her as "still a child" isn't helping her either. She needs to grow up and start acting like a normal teenager and not some dopey kid making stupid faces and talking about "sketti". That shit is no longer cute.

Teenagers are children.  13-14 is a child.   So yes, I will refer to a 13-14 year old as "still a child" because they are still a child.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, shelen said:

I agree.  We have a tendancy to think teenagers are mini adults when, in reality they are still children in so many ways.

There's a world of difference between a five-year-old and a 13-year-old. What's cute and endearing at five is annoying and exhausting (to say the least) at 13, since 13 is presumed to know better. So no, a 13-year-old who still acts like a five-year-old whenever she doesn't get her way or isn't the center of attention gets neither sympathy nor a pass from me merely because she's not yet a legal adult.