Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Let Them Eat Chicken!

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Honey said:

At first I thought it was the black line that pulled him, but it was really the white line.  It's very, very hard to see, but along with him holding it, and it being attached to the tender, it's also wrapped around his ankle.  The black line wouldn't pull him in because it was attached to the yacht and not the tender.

Why the fuck didn't the Captain stop forward motion of the boat as soon as he heard "man overboard".  That would have released the tension on the white line that was pulling Ashton in 2 different directions.

I think Captain said that if anyone had said multiple times “man overboard” he would’ve stopped or something. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, SuzyQILoveYou said:

Each episode I love Ashton and Ross more. What sweet, genuine young men. Rhylee sucks giant donkey balls. Hope she gets fired asap. The guests were elitist assholes who have likely never had to work hard for anything. 

I don't think that's the case with the guests.  They seemed more like new money trying to come up.  Adrian was dead on that they just wanted whatever was expensive and that was the problem with the chicken.  Then there was the incredulous "how is this our lives?" from one of them, maybe it's just me, but that always seems to come from someone that isn't used to nice things.

1 hour ago, Flybutter said:

In a very early episode, Rhylee said she “co-captains” a boat in Alaska. Though we never heard her say it that way again (instead, it’s been, “I’m a captain”), I’ve not stopped wondering about the poor soul cursed with being her co-captain. If that person dares to watch this season, he or she must be rocking themselves in the fetal position to soothe the inevitable ptsd.

Not to defend Ryhlee, because I detest her, but I think part of the point for her is that she has a captains license and therefore is a captain whether she is captaining a boat or not.  She seemed very proud of getting the license on IG and got heated mentioning it on WWHL last week when someone said she was formerly a captain.  I think it is a lot of work to get the license.

1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

A reminder that Rhylee continues to be the worst

https://mobile.twitter.com/rhylee_gerber/status/1072685848590774273

Yes, this is indeed something she tweeted tonight like a fucking asshole.

There needs to be something worse than the worst to describe her.  

37 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:

I was really impressed with how Ross handled her temper tantrum- he apologized, gave her a hug, calmed her down, and moved on.

Ross is the parent of a small child and is probably used to handling temper tantrums.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 18

Kate posted a copy of the official incident report. Even though we saw video of the incident 100 times by now, seeing the actual report is pretty startling. Especially the part at the end: “Likeliness of Reoccurrence: Possible”

FB4A59FD-1BD6-4A17-9EDF-165B5F6102FE.jpeg

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 12
27 minutes ago, Binkywatcher said:

I think Captain said that if anyone had said multiple times “man overboard” he would’ve stopped or something. 

So, because she only said it once, he thought she was joking?  Better safe than sorry Captain.  Stop the boat.

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Stopping a 180 foot boat isn't that easy and if they were already in high seas, it wouldn't have worked.  I do get your point but at the same time, I have no doubt he would have if he could have.  Does that make sense?

Yes, and thank you!

• Love 1

I would be pissed off with chicken too, but only because I can't stand chicken, turkey, or any bird.  It would be on my preference sheet...No chicken, veal, venison, rabbit, lamb, or anything else fucking strange.  Just give me beef, and shellfish.....all day long, and if you can make it super hot and spicy too, that's a winner.

• Love 3

“Chicken is unacceptable.”

”chicken is for poor people.”

Enjoy your coronary bypass then.

Of course we couldn’t go another episode without Rhylee being a b.  Maybe they should force feed her chicken.

Ross is going to take the high road and admit mistake.  That isn’t going to pacify her bro, if anything it will embolden her.

Laura is going to be screwed.  If she stands up to Kate, she’s going to be fired.  So it’s a question of how much shit she’s going to eat before she revolts and gets cut.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, scrb said:

Laura is going to be screwed.  If she stands up to Kate, she’s going to be fired.  So it’s a question of how much shit she’s going to eat before she revolts and gets cut.

What does Laura need to stand up to Kate about at this time?

• Love 13
1 minute ago, VagueDisclaimer said:

What does Laura need to stand up to Kate about at this time?

Kate hasn't started with the overt mean girl thing yet with her -- so far it's mostly talking behind her back.

But you know it's coming.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, scrb said:

Kate hasn't started with the overt mean girl thing yet with her -- so far it's mostly talking behind her back.

But you know it's coming.

Laura is doing just as much talking behind her back, in this case with Adrien asking them about each other.

• Love 17
35 minutes ago, langford peel said:

Ashton really is a mensch. He proved it for all time when he offered to give his tip back because he couldn’t do any work. I think that is unique in the history of Below Deck. No in the history of Bravo. Usually you only see a sense of entitlement on these people. Here we see only humilty and class.

Ashton is the real deal.

On Season 1 of Below Deck:Med, Danny did forfeit his tip when he was sick (with a little prodding from Ben). But Danny was a whiny douche and Ashton is a straight-up doll. So it has happened before, but Ashton’s work ethic and  sense of camaraderie is on a total other level than Danny’s.

• Love 12

I've never watched this show (nor any of its iterations) but tuned in due to the dramatic promo.  I'm not sure I'm going to repeat the experience if this group of "white trash with money" guests is typical.  No one who truly lives this lifestyle drunkenly dances and shouts, "this is my life!".  I was expecting a true Overboard moment and feared those ginormous breasts were going to drag her to the ocean floor.  What a bunch of ungracious, pretentious assholes.

• Love 18
5 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Not to defend Ryhlee, because I detest her, but I think part of the point for her is that she has a captains license and therefore is a captain whether she is captaining a boat or not.  She seemed very proud of getting the license on IG and got heated mentioning it on WWHL last week when someone said she was formerly a captain.  I think it is a lot of work to get the license.

I get what you’re saying. And it’s true she’s a licensed captain regardless of her employment status. But believe it or not, becoming licensed only requires something like 360 hours of on-water working experience (whether as a stew, deckhand, first mate, or whatever), some references, an 11-day class, a written exam, and a background check and drug test. That’s for a large tonnage, inspected commercial boat captain’s license through the US Coast Guard. Not saying that all that isn’t damn hard, and I’m sure getting a job as a female captain (co- or not) in the Alaskan fishing industry makes it extra challenging. But Rhylee is 33 years old. Good that she has an achievement like that under her belt, but by that age, lots of hardworking people do. Which is why I wish she’d just shut up about it. And why I feel for anyone who has to work with someone as insufferable as she is.

Edited to add: If I sound dismissive about all this, it’s mainly because I can’t stand Rhylee and my bias is showing. :)

Edited by Flybutter
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I've never watched this show (nor any of its iterations) but tuned in due to the dramatic promo.  I'm not sure I'm going to repeat the experience if this group of "white trash with money" guests is typical.  No one who truly lives this lifestyle drunkenly dances and shouts, "this is my life!".  I was expecting a true Overboard moment and feared those ginormous breasts were going to drag her to the ocean floor.  What a bunch of ungracious, pretentious assholes.

They aren't all like that.  A couple of eps ago the group had a trip from hell (left with no water or towels on an excursion, one of the kids stepped on glass dropped by a stew..etc) and they were very gracious about everything.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, fifty8th said:

It wasn't just chicken they were offended with being served poultry in general, which makes them ten times more stuck up in my mind.

What do these horrible people eat for Thanksgiving?  (I think they were American)  I had chicken for dinner last night so I'm biased and highly offended.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Flybutter said:

Not saying that all that isn’t damn hard, and I’m sure getting a job as a female captain (co- or not) in the Alaskan fishing industry makes it extra challenging. But Rhylee is 33 years old. Good that she has an achievement like that under her belt, but by that age, lots of hardworking people do. Which is why I wish she’d just shut up about it.

ITA.  And compare her to Colin from last season of BDM: he's been a ferry captain for years but never pulled the "I am a captain" card on his season.  He knew he was there to learn motor yachting, and was pleasant about it.

I wonder if this crew ever did the repeated fire drills like they did on the first season of BD.  I kinda think if they did, we'd have seen it, but I do wonder if they have safety drills during the season.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, TexasGal said:

So what did the camera guy do?  He got the whole rope in the water, or cut it?

It was annoying that they didn't make it clear what he did to save his life.

11 hours ago, ihartcoffee said:

He makes bland ass chicken, lmao

It's comfort food if it's fried.  

Steamed chicken, sounds like what is allowed for soft food patients.  He has a nerve getting mad at people for not liking what is not on their preference list.  Why fill out the preference list at all??

Right,  Riley just panicked.  

She should have panicked more, by actually yelling Man Overboard, it was pretty much mumbled!  She couldn't have been concerned that the guests would hear, she's never cared about yelling in front of them.

11 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Poor people eat chicken?  Starve then heifer.

And whoever said she was a double 00, um, no.  

• Love 19

Rylee just won't shut up,  she's forgetting who the boss is.  She just argues and argues.  It's become a safety issue now.

I have never liked her, always sided with Chandler.  And whenever someone refers to her as hot?  Just no.

• Love 14

I always thought the preference sheet was more to inform the staff what they DIDN'T like.  Usually when Capt. Lee reviews them, that's what's discussed in addition to any special requests.  Putting chicken on the menu is hardly offensive unless they specifically stated they didn't want it.  

Lol... Reality Police... we were replying at the same time :)

• Love 14
8 hours ago, gingerella said:

LINE.OF.THE.NIGHT.

”You’re *supposed* to do all the bitch work and shut your mouth about it. Sorry, I’m just giving you advice for your integration...I’m going to take a shower now.”

YES! Unicorn chef has been annoying me the past couple of episodes but I so appreciated that line in this episode.

• Love 19
5 minutes ago, melkel14 said:

I always thought the preference sheet was more to inform the staff what they DIDN'T like.  Usually when Capt. Lee reviews them, that's what's discussed in addition to any special requests.  Putting chicken on the menu is hardly offensive unless they specifically stated they didn't want it.  

Lol... Reality Police... we were replying at the same time :)

Great minds and all that....

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Flybutter said:

I get what you’re saying. And it’s true she’s a licensed captain regardless of her employment status. But believe it or not, becoming licensed only requires something like 360 hours of on-water working experience (whether as a stew, deckhand, first mate, or whatever), some references, an 11-day class, a written exam, and a background check and drug test. That’s for a large tonnage, inspected commercial boat captain’s license through the US Coast Guard. Not saying that all that isn’t damn hard, and I’m sure getting a job as a female captain (co- or not) in the Alaskan fishing industry makes it extra challenging. But Rhylee is 33 years old. Good that she has an achievement like that under her belt, but by that age, lots of hardworking people do. Which is why I wish she’d just shut up about it. And why I feel for anyone who has to work with someone as insufferable as she is.

Edited to add: If I sound dismissive about all this, it’s mainly because I can’t stand Rhylee and my bias is showing. :)

I agree with you. These cast members were already captains when they came on the show:

• Aleks for luxury motor yachts
  • Eddie for tugboats
  • Bryan from BD: Med for luxury motor yachts
  • Chandler
  • Colin for ferries
  • Rhylee for fishing boats

I think Sam may have also had her license because see worked on her father's catamaran charter business.

These are the people who are now captains after the show:

• Kelley
  • Bobby
  • Tiffany
  • Malia
  • Wes (maybe)
  • Joao

I remember reading that someone else really mystifying also got their captain's license, but I can't recall who.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, TeeMo said:

YES! Unicorn chef has been annoying me the past couple of episodes but I so appreciated that line in this episode.

I may be wrong but, at the time, I didn't feel like Adrian was saying that to Laura to be helpful or to give her a warning.  It sounded very much to me like he was shit-stirring.  I had the feeling that he was trying to bolster Laura's sense of grievance at her position.  That the subtext was, "Yes, your job is to do the bitch work and shut about it...that's what Kate wants from you.  Isn't she a bitch?"  This particular episode, it seemed to me that Adrian was agreeing with Kate one minute about Laura complaining too much, and then sidling up to Laura later, slyly feeding Kate's criticism of Laura's turndowns.  I felt like he was playing both sides against each other.  It all felt kinda snaky to me.  But, as I say, I could be misreading things entirely, taking things out of context.

• Love 5

Funny how these snooty charter guests think chicken is only for poor folks but got super excited about pancakes at breakfast.  Last time I checked, Mickey D's served pancakes (as well as chicken.)  And let's not forget their bitching about the dinner (because nobody put they wanted chicken - - or disliked chicken, apparently -- on their preference sheets) came only hours after Ashton went overboard and everyone was talking of how scary it was and how it puts things into perspective.  I guess if you're a snooty bitch, life and death experiences put chicken into perspective.  Screw those guests.  

I like chicken and I think all of the Glittering Unicorn's food has looked delish.  Even the dishes with red meat, and I don't eat red meat.

I only know what BD and BDM has taught me about the sea so the overboard scene didn't look that frightening to me at first.  Not until it was explained and Capt. Lee had the sit-down did it really become apparent what a predicament Ashton was in.  

I literally teared up over Ross' reaction and his hugging it out with Ashton.  Ross made a bad move in making out with Rhylee last week but he truly is a good bosun.  Rhylee just wants to annoy, complain, and cause trouble.  STFU and listen to your bosun.  Quit arguing about his word choice.  And she can take about 4 dozen seats with blaming Ross for Capt Lee calling her to the wheelhouse.   She really needs to be fired.  And what kind of a captain is she if she doesn't immediately alert Capt Lee to Ashton going overboard with more than a meek "man overboard" said once?  That should have been a full-scale alarm.  As the Capt. said, he was going full-steam ahead, with no idea of what was going on at the back of the boat.  Hell, Capt. Lee's reaction and emotion got to me.

I loved that Ashton wanted to split his tip among his crewmates and that was shot down.  He may be a horndog but he seems like a decent guy.

Very surprised Rhylee arguing with Ross didn't create more of an issue, since the guests could overhear it. 

I like Josiah more and more each episode.  He is definitely a hard worker and he doesn't complain.  He and Kate are like the Dream Team.  Time before the new stew comes for Kate . . . in 3 . . .2 . . .

The new deckhand - - Tyler?  -- is making a big, BIG mistake hooking up with Rhylee based on previews.  She looks like she will go into full crazy pants mode.

• Love 22
10 hours ago, Jets4274 said:

I want to slap every one of the charters for the chicken comments.  Half of those bitches looked like some lean meat would do their bodies better.

Especially chubby cheeks in the bikini whose ass crack was visible, I believe, when she hit the jet ski.  

Edited by Carolina Girl
Needed to remove previous quote
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Funny how these snooty charter guests think chicken is only for poor folks but got super excited about pancakes at breakfast.  Last time I checked, Mickey D's served pancakes (as well as chicken.)  And let's not forget their bitching about the dinner (because nobody put they wanted chicken - - or disliked chicken, apparently -- on their preference sheets) came only hours after Ashton went overboard and everyone was talking of how scary it was and how it puts things into perspective.  I guess if you're a snooty bitch, life and death experiences put chicken into perspective.  Screw those guests.  

But they were GLUTEN FREE pancakes.  Because, you know, of course they were gluten free.  (Disclaimer: I know lots of people have legit gluten issues, but given these guests' attitudes you know they have adopted it as trendy.)

• Love 12
10 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

When I was a kid my dad was teaching me to water ski.  He told me to hold on to the rope and not let go whatever I did.  I never got up and was dragged behind the boat and wouldn't let go.  It was scary AF.  I can't imagine adding to that having your ankle being crushed by tension in the line and being worried about it being severed and bleeding out.  Then having to swim to the tender and chug along by myself...  Ashton is a fucking champ.  He is so lucky that the camera man sprang to action instead of standing around with his dick in his hand like everyone else.  

I really enjoy the Ashton/Ross friendship.  

The guest sucked.  Rhylee sucked.  The new girl sucked.  

Josiah continues to be awesome.  

When my dad was in high school, he and a few buddies were drinking and water skiing.  If I have the story right, my dad was on the skis and had the rope wrapped around his thumb.  The guys in the boat gunned it and off came my dad's thumb.   I think they tried to find the thumb if I recall correctly.  Not sure if they did and it was too late to reattach it or if it became fish food.

The on-running joke is that when he does something good, people give my dad a high-four.

Edited by Jextella
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Reality police said:

The foods they don't want are listed also. If they feel chicken is beneath them it should have been on that list. 

Bingo.   There was nothing on the preference sheet for these pretentious bitches that said NO POULTRY.   I can only imagine how they treat "the Help" when they're on land.  

• Love 11
7 hours ago, Honey said:

I would be pissed off with chicken too, but only because I can't stand chicken, turkey, or any bird.  It would be on my preference sheet...No chicken, veal, venison, rabbit, lamb, or anything else fucking strange.  Just give me beef, and shellfish.....all day long, and if you can make it super hot and spicy too, that's a winner.

They mentioned that chicken wasn't on their preference sheets. So that means it wasn't on there as a preference OR as a "no-no". 

IMO, preference sheets are a guide, but not an absolute. Otherwise, just let the guests create the entire menu. 

I gave Adrian a lot of shit for those lamb sliders when the guests specifically ASKED for burgers and fries. But I don't think he was in the wrong this time. He said they'd all had a scary day. It was comfort food. He did it in a different way, and everyone was raving about it. The guests even remarked how good it was. So it wasn't the taste, presentation, an allergy...none of that. It was the simple fact that it was chicken and they are too fucking good to eat chicken. 

• Love 22

I wonder if Captain Lee, a legitimate yacht Captain, is rethinking playing one on TV. When your staff is an attractive but under trained bunch of mactors, it’s all fun and games until someone loses a foot or dies.  I realize that they have trained staff that we don’t see but with all shenanigans and fighting for camera time, it’s surprising we haven’t heard about more incidents. He looked very shaken by the incident and he was still emotional when he was on WWHL.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Honey said:

So, because she only said it once, he thought she was joking?  Better safe than sorry Captain.  Stop the boat.

2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

When Captain Lee was going over the incident with the crew, he mentioned that "man overboard" was said once, and it was quiet and hard to understand. He said it should have been said at least 3 times. I'm assuming from this statement and his reaction, there is a protocol for such a situation and it was not followed.

Didn't Captain Lee say as soon as he heard MOB, however faint, he cut engines immediately? His fear was that if he had not heard it the first time, it would have taken that much longer to kill the engines. Keep repeating MOB.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
59 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

Especially chubby cheeks in the bikini whose ass crack was visible, I believe, when she hit the jet ski.  

Speaking of jet skis,  how did a guest fall off one and it's still going? It's in the preview.  If you have the strap around your wrist it should disengage.  Did they forget that too?  Captain Lee is going to have a fit.  

• Love 6